Photo

Tsubaki Factory (つばきファクトリー)

tsubaki factory kishimoto yumeno niimura kisora yamagishi riko tanimoto ami asakura kiki ogata risa

• Please log in to reply
2444 replies to this topic

#2061 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:18 PM

I think Tsubaki definitely are the kind of idol group that is very popular with wota right now. Beyooooonds and Anju might be a bit too "pushy" for some wota (more crazy than girl-next-door) and Juice, for some reason, always had trouble gaining new fans among wota, but Tsubaki fits right into the gap that exists in H!P right now.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#2062 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1649 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:36 AM

^That's true. I think it's their characters and how it matches with the name and image of the group. We only have Mao who is literally the "craziest" out of the lot and Risa who appears to the be fiercest due to her RBF. Other than that, their images/looks/overall characters definitely live up to the name of the group.

They are not overly/dramatically cute like Country Girls (I love them to bits) and they don't hold a very in-your-face image like Angerme.

The other groups have too many distinct characters which make the group a little less cohesive in that aspect.

So that's why I can see why Tsubaki Factory could potentially be more well-liked as a group (ie. a single entity) as opposed to people just supporting the group because of certain members they like.

Side-Track:

Spoiler

#2063 JPope

JPope

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:32 AM

^

^^

I agree with both of you. Here's what I wrote in my review of this single:

"H!P has done a good job of not asking TF to do much more than what they are capable of, and what they are capable of is delivering conventional J-idol pop in a way that is both enjoyable to watch and listen to. ... [Tsubaki Factory] has stood out and enlivened a collection of often intense and serious releases from their sister groups in H!P."

It's interesting that Kishimon seems to be ratcheting up her own personal intensity with each release. She's always been an intense, emotional singer, and it seems to be bleeding over to other aspects of her performance, now.

#2064 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:31 AM

Actually, both BEYOOOONDS and TF have one similar thing: they have the distinctive theme. Also, I think what @Jpope pointed out has been proved by members within H!P. Remember Hello Pro All Stars Concert in 2018? Crazy Heart, which consisted of Maa-chan and Saorin, both of whom don't belong to top vocalists in H!P, gave us a very enchanting performance. Now, even within TF, Risamaru is never found on the top vocalist list, but her performance of two recent songs: Dakishimerarete mitai and Ishikitakai Otome no Dilemma is very enchanting. That can even be applied to Omizu, whose line in Ishikitakai is complimented by a lot of people. Kishimon can be considered the best vocalist among TF members, so I don't have many comments here.

Spoiler

#2065 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:55 AM

Just 2-words about Tsubaki Factory: Pure & Innocent. This is from my POV, they don't have to release their unique, talented skill to be noticed (with all respect to other group), fans will notice them. I think this is the successful campaign of management to distinguish every grpup within haropro.

And somehow the concept of original, pure idol is accepted by the fans. I think this concept closer to C-ute in the beginning, but C-ute continue transformed into more sexy adult idol group, rather than Pure Original Idol group.

Eventhough I'm not satisfied with some of Tsubaki's song (like hana moyo, junjou cm, sankaime, or Dakishimete), but overall their music was OK.
momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#2066 kittykoo5

kittykoo5

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1131 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:38 PM

This is a question for people who can go to TF concerts, but are they usually full? I've been looking at the the number of concerts for most of the tours other groups and TF does something like 10 more shows per tour and was wondering why that is.

dlapuo76c72.gif

#2067 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:08 AM

Just saw this summary about Yaguchi's talk show featured Tsubaki Factory. Yumeno said there is a rule within the group, to forbid highlights hair (change hair color) to keep the image of members "clean like a Camellia Flower". Of course the change was possible with tight consultation, for an example Kisora succeed.

グループの注目ポイントをアピールするコーナーでは「グループのルールが独特」であることを公開。つばきファクトリーには、“毛染めNG・ヘアチェンジは要相談”という独自ルールがあるという。メンバーの新沼希空を除く8名は、髪の色を染めることが禁止されているそうだ。

https://times.abema.tv/posts/7037391
momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#2068 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 11:24 AM

^

For most of H!P there’s a kind of... “check in” rule, where (for example) Kanazawa calls her manager and says, “at the salon, and I want to do ashey red and cut 3cm” and manager says “ok” or “can you put that off until two weeks after we do our next photo shoot?” (Or whatever) But not “must discuss”

So, they seem to be under the strictest “good girl” image control. The thing that surprises me is that they’re even stricter than Nogizaka (to put it... lightly, I kind of think of Nogizaka as the spiritual forebears of TF). And Kishimoto is already a bit... out there fashion-wise. But I guess it doesn’t show when she’s on-stage?
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#2069 IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer

Kasahara Momona deserves 3 new modeling jobs weekly

• Senpai
  • 4024 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 05:52 PM

^Oh? I would have thought Nogizaka was more strict and they just had more members with serious outside modeling jobs so they might be required to change it?

I don't know I bet that's overall very normal within western groups as well. At the end members have to fir the overall image of how the company is planning to promote them.

Morning Musume______ANGERME________Juice=Juice_________Kobushi Factory____Tsubaki Factory____ BEYOOOOONDS

1. Sato Masaki         1. Kasahara Momona  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Nomura Minami   1. Tanimoto Ami        1. Kobayashi Honoka

2. Fukumura Mizuki  2. Sasaki Rikako         2. Uemura Akari             2. Hirose Ayaka       2. Asakura Kiki          2.Okamura Minami

3. Oda Sakura          3. Wada Ayaka            3.  Dambara Ruru           3. Inoue Rei             3. Niinuma Kisora     3. Takase Kurumi

#2070 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:55 AM

^
TBH I don't really know much about Nogizaka, just in the group pictures, like half of the members have some kind of brown hair.  Which looks less strict than TF.

I don't think most Western Pop is image-controlled and managed by the talent agency or record label anymore.  Like, maybe the Beach Boys broke that world in half.  But I'm not in the industry or anything, so maybe I'm falling for Western Pop's propaganda?

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#2071 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:09 AM

To me Kishimon stands out as the one who "fits" in the least with Tsubaki's lady-like image. She's also their best singer though.... Still, if the goal were the have the most cohesive group possible, she would probably fit in better with just about any other h!p group right now. 

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#2072 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:32 AM

^She would fit right in with Angerme and their fiery personalities.

#2073 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:50 AM

Kishimon has "Western girl" image. Despite not being typical in Tsubaki Factory, it makes her stand out a lot.

#2074 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1649 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:46 PM

The thing about Kishimon is, in the performances, she doesn't stuck out that much and still can very much blends well with the group.

But it is only during interviews, that's when she tried to showcase her personality, which sort of looks out of place.

#2075 Blackmallow

Blackmallow

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 589 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 10:11 PM

Recent Teion Yakedo full performance on a Japan TV show, except Kishimon gets a bum mic, gah!

https://www.youtube....h?v=eHoiZv_4Jr8

#2076 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 02:39 AM

The camera cut tho XD .. send me into dizziness

#2077 Kumi-chan

Kumi-chan

Aiolia's wife

• Senpai
  • 1229 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 04:35 PM

Tsubaki Factory DVD MAGAZINE VOL.10 CM

Spicy curry is back! XD

Mizuho and the puppies, that's adorable.

But WHY ARE KIKI AND RISA CRYING???!!!

EDIT:

Girls will be on Utacon on 3/3

~Peacefuldays

K-A-T-T-U-N, K-A-T-T-U-N

Yes, we wish mata ashita mo yasashii hi ga noboru you ni~

#2078 Kumi-chan

Kumi-chan

Aiolia's wife

• Senpai
  • 1229 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:47 PM

Ishiki Takai Otome no Dilemma performance at Utacon:

Kiki and Risa should keep these hairstyles

~Peacefuldays

K-A-T-T-U-N, K-A-T-T-U-N

Yes, we wish mata ashita mo yasashii hi ga noboru you ni~

#2079 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 07:29 AM

A Nagoya event featuring Kisora and Saori has been canceled in the latest round of coronavirus cancellations.

3/24 (Tue) Tsubaki Factory Niinuma Kisora & Onoda Saori Event in Nagoya

http://helloproject.com/news/11845/

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#2080 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4360 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 11:50 PM

Now we know why Kiki and Risa were crying.  :lol:  :sob: