• Please log in to reply
606 replies to this topic

#141 KuronoKame

KuronoKame

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:53 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing how the costumes will look like for all of them. 12th gen has sparked my interest for sure. 2015 is already starting off with promising theatre productions (Week End Survivor and Triangle). Guess they're trying to keep up with the awesomeness of 2014 stage plays uwu.

「孤独なサバイバー

#142 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:23 AM

I've never been much into stage plays or musicals, I always thought they were total cheese. When I watched MM's Cinderella on YouTube in 2010 or so, I loved it, and it made me think a little differently about musicals and stage plays. Stacy's I didn't watch until later last year, and I enjoyed that well, but I watched it thinking it had relations to Lillium that I was going to be watching with subs when that was ready. It didn't, so the H!P wiki deceived me, lol. But it wasn't bad. Reina annoyed me a bit and it was a bit gorey at parts, but it wasn't bad. I don't think I'd care to watch it again, however.

Lillium was just mind-blowing amazing, so it's really solidified my new love of musicals/stage plays. Wait, aren't these musicals and not stage plays? What's the difference, if someone more knowledgeable could explain? Anyway, point is, I'm really looking forward to Triangle!! I'm so hyped for it! I'm also excited to see Ayumi as the lead, I'm looking forward to the vocal improvement I'm sure she'll make, because she's definitely got potential when you hear her sing live and in recordings. She doesn't have a bad voice, I just think she needs someone to sorta teach her how to use it properly, and we all already know H!P's vocal trainers aren't the best at that, so these girls really benefit in those areas from doing musicals and stage plays and that kind of thing because they're taught properly how to sing. And she's a good actress from what I've seen so far. I think there's also something refreshing about an Ayumi lead because it's not Riho, which I expected. Not hating Riho, she's great, and did an amazing job in Lillium, but it's refreshing to see someone else get the lead instead. I think she'll do great in the role, and Riho I'm sure will rock her's too.

#143 Meroron♥

Meroron♥

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 335 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:33 AM

Wait, aren't these musicals and not stage plays? What's the difference, if someone more knowledgeable could explain?

not that i'm knowledgeable about these things but i see it like this: stage play is a story acted out in a theater, musical is a story acted out using songs. There are stage plays that aren't musicals, and there are musicals that aren't stage plays (say, musical movies). these are both at the same time, so like, a stage musical.

#maavision

#144 Ohasumi

Ohasumi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1252 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:01 AM

lol I've always thought stage plays and musicals were the same thing.

But as Meroron said, I think stage plays were originally just plays/stories acted out. A playwright would write the script, and it gets adapted into the stage. I guess as years went by, plays evolved into different genres, often mixing genres with each other --- comedy, drama, musical theatre (musicals), etc. Musical theatre then branched out into more sub-genres like opera and broadway. Japan has a kind of musical theater called Noh as well, and maybe Kabuki counts too.

Anyway, in my experience, most stage plays incorporate songs, music, and instruments now. They're definitely more entertaining that way so I think that's why it evolved into that direction. Stage plays or musicals, in the end I think they're all still Theatre. XD

#145 ShiyasshiFuta

ShiyasshiFuta

Beekeepers

• Senpai
  • 1024 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:23 AM

For example stage play: gogaku yuu. And musicals: lilium and stacy. Cmiiw

T3fbu6I9.jpg

Hello! Project.'15

//also sorry for my poor english//

#146 xxholic25xx

xxholic25xx

~♥︎Duu♥︎~

• Senpai
  • 1020 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:18 AM

I really would like to see their backstage or during rehearsal bacause we can learn the ir watcg difficulties that all of them encounter to make their character perfect.

Really wish that there is done Lilium backstage rehearsal cause I want to see Duu effort.

#147 Ohasumi

Ohasumi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1252 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:44 AM

^hmmm I remember seeing Lilium Backstage footage before, I can't remember from where but it might have been in one of the Hello Station episodes. XD You might want to dig from there. Though I don't know about rehearsal footage.

#148 Estrea

Estrea

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 475 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:25 AM

Just curious if anyone else is interested in subbing Triangle. I know I am, but I'm also busy so if some other brave soul wants to do it I'm not adverse to the idea. I do yave 2 weeks of leave accumulated so I should take some time off to catch up on my translations. I do want to do this because well, it's MM and I love sci fi fantasy. Jyst wanted to see if anyone else is staking translation claims first

idei4oBR.jpg

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

#149 xxholic25xx

xxholic25xx

~♥︎Duu♥︎~

• Senpai
  • 1020 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:26 PM

Just curious if anyone else is interested in subbing Triangle. I know I am, but I'm also busy so if some other brave soul wants to do it I'm not adverse to the idea. I do yave 2 weeks of leave accumulated so I should take some time off to catch up on my translations. I do want to do this because well, it's MM and I love sci fi fantasy. Jyst wanted to see if anyone else is staking translation claims first

Please do it and really appreciate if you do take it up.

#150 ShiyasshiFuta

ShiyasshiFuta

Beekeepers

• Senpai
  • 1024 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:19 PM

Triangle main cast costumes

tBTq1NEG.jpg

T3fbu6I9.jpg

Hello! Project.'15

//also sorry for my poor english//

#151 xxholic25xx

xxholic25xx

~♥︎Duu♥︎~

• Senpai
  • 1020 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:07 PM

Triangle main cast costumes

tBTq1NEG.jpg

Love Duu and Riho costume but Ayumi.... Feel like they can provide or produce costume that was better than this...

BTW, I really really love Duu costume and she really resemble the character that she carried. :D :D :D

#152 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:10 PM

Riho looks badass.

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#153 Estrea

Estrea

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 475 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:22 PM

If someone finds a higher resolution of that article, put it here so I can translate. The words are too tiny and blurry when I try to enlarge this one.

Also, Riho does not look like a boy. XD

idei4oBR.jpg

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

#154 Myotical

Myotical

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:33 PM

if only my Japanese was better, I would totally love to... :sob:

We would all love you so much (more than we already do, that is :good: ) if you did translate it, but honestly, if you just keep translating news reports and stuff like you have been, and maybe just post a synopsis of the whole plot after the DVD comes out, that would be enough for me!  <3

(´-`).。oO

#155 CherryShoujo

CherryShoujo

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:31 PM

They all look really cute! Specially Duu, male roles suit her so well. And Riho is also rocking that long-haired prince style, and I can't wait to see Ayumi as the main girl in the play. ♥ I love how you can kind of guess what their characters will be like just by looking at the costumes. I wish they'd make Ayumi's dress nicer looking, though, I'm not too keen on the pattern.

#156 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:10 PM

I still feel Riho looks manlier in a way than Haruka. X) From the 3 I'm curious and have hope for boy!Riho, as well as anxious on  Ayumi's singing.

Ayumi's outfit, whyyyy. It's funny how none of the outfits look from the same time. Haruka looks medieval, Riho either car racer or a bit futurish and Ayumi well, you get me.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#157 michirin ☆

michirin ☆

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:16 PM

Can't wait to see Riho acting as a boy  :blush: I think it suits her somehow, she looks badass :lol:

#158 Paramorning

Paramorning

Nen!

• Senpai
  • 1603 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:24 PM

Ayumi's dress looks like my grandma's duvet. Duu and Riho look awesome though :D

Hopefully this is a case of, it looks bad on photos but awesome in the actual thing (eg Ameagari)

23uwwsp.gif
工藤広瀬岸本鈴木

#159 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:45 AM

I am looking forward to this play :) It has a sci-fi theme which isn't my favourite genre, but I am looking forward to how they create this planet on the stage, it would be cool if they played with lighting and such to create the feeling of a new world.

In terms of casting I was surprised Ayumi got the main role but in a good way, theatre singing is much more demanding than idol singing, there is a different set of techniques to learn and there must be potential that casting have seen in Ayumi to place her as the lead role. I am also curirous to see Riho and Duu play their male roles. Of course Duu will be amazing (as always) because she fits the casting of a male so well! She just oozes masculinity so well, it feels almost natural for her. Again, Riho has another type of role to play and I think it will give her more skills to learn in terms of playing a male with her body movements, language and voice. I'm not sure what the other girls' roles are yet, I'm not too caught up on the plot line, but I do hope the girls are given roles that showcase an improvement in their acting :)

In terms of the discussion about Sakura a few pages back, I'm on the fence, I think she is a good actress but she isn't the best. She has a great voice on stage but I think the problem with her is the casting she is given. In Lilium she played a shy girl and that's what I feel Sakura is naturally like behind the scenes so for me I think she played close enough to her true self so there was no challenge for her there to mold into a different personality. Sakura was basically playing Sakura under a different characters name. I think they need to give her a casting which could challenge her. I wonder how she would pull off a comedic character or a dark character?

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#160 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:04 AM

^
I'd definitely love to see her playing a comedic character :D I think she has the potential to make it work ;)

Also I think it would be cool if she played a character that is extremely misunderstood and perceived as being dark and evil but in truth is kind hearted even if only one or two characters or just the audience members know :)

I know this isn't anything to do with the stage musical, but I sort of hope that their work with Joshi Engeki eventually leads to them possibly getting their own sketch show on TV like the ones that were on Hello!Morning :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users