• Please log in to reply
6080 replies to this topic

#41 Demanding More makoto

Demanding More makoto

M-Line the true Morning Musume

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:58 PM

Konno is special in the way that she was born with a type of cuteness that you cant replicate no matter how hard you try. The more you try the more fake it will look.
W.H.O.A member
Demanding More Makoto mistress and head of Makoto branch
Everytime someone is mean about Makoto and Kei I love them a little bit more
I Demand More Makoto

#42 Kitsuiko

Kitsuiko

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1158 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 05:19 PM

Konnos time must come soon her popularity is obvioues and its a business opertunity that they wont avoid forever. I think shes really good especially on those rare occasions when she gets the lead or a joint lead role like she did in some of the concerts earlier this year. With those preformances you have to ask so why is she not getting more leads ?

Konkon doesn't frequently get leads because her voice isn't all that strong even still. I'd say vocally, she's probably slightly stronger than Sayumi and Eri in that regard. Now, before I get burnt to a crisp: What I mean by that is that she can sing well, and hit notes well, but when she tries to sing out or sing loud (ie. belt or stress emphasis)... her voice isn't built for that sort of stress. Osaka No Love Song, I-Poi, etc-- most of the songs require a sort of vocal fortitude she's still building up. Slow songs don't sell well traditionally in MoMusu's past and Namida kind of only drove that point home.

She also isn't a natural talent like some of the other girls--she practiced, practiced, practiced her way to being a good dancer and a good singer. I wouldn't be surprised if she still spent a lot of time having to practice to keep on top of things.

#43 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 05:36 PM

I think your comments only emphersize just how poor the Hello Project is at using different members vocal ranges correctly and to say she had to practise like that is a very odd ting. If she really was no good in the first place she would of not made it. They made a thing about it for some reason and for the hell of me i cant figure out what that was all about. During some of the concerts this year when Konkon had the lead or joint leads in some acts she clearly demonstarted beyond doubt her abilty to lead this also applies IMO to Eri Kamei and Makoto Ogawa who also get very little real chance either. Keeping in mind the general sales trend for the Hello Project prehaps it is time that they took a different approach to who leads for a while. I say spilit it evenally and use the full vocal range well rather than just pick 2 or 3 and say right you are leads forget the rest they can spot moments (sometimes) . On the deal about Namida Ga having low sales didt everything have low sales at that point so for whatever reason nothing reagardless of who was selling it was not doing well. It was more a case of very unfortunate timing.

#44 Demanding More makoto

Demanding More makoto

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 05:52 PM

Yes i agree no I DEMAND more Makoto o yes and some of the other bench warmers in Morning Musume would be nice as well. No seriousely its very true to see how the Hello Project suffers from a terrible affliction of favourites take alook at someone like Kaori over the years she didt get anywere near as much attention as she deserved. To be honest Kaori was never one of my favourites failrly near the bottom infact but its clear to see how good she is but she alas she was never a favourite. The thing is the favourites that the Hello Project should be concerned about rather than there own is the ones the fans like, thats good buisness.
W.H.O.A member
I Demand More Makoto

#45 momusufan

momusufan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2898 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 05:52 PM

I think you are right, if konkon wasn't good she wouldn't have made it in anyway, but yes I think konkon would make a great lead in the next single or any song for that matter, her voice is very sweet and thats what we need for a lead singer.

I also think that Eri and Makoto would be great leads too, their voices are great too, but the one person I would like to see as lead someday would be Sayumi!! :c16: Now that would be cool!!

#46 Demanding More makoto

Demanding More makoto

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 06:05 PM

What about when Sayumi and Rika lead for Ecomoni many say there the weakest two and i think thats alittle hard at times. How about when Morning Musume did the Ecomoni song its a tough act to do live and i remember Reina Tanaka whos voice is strong and constent struggled with the opening lyrics. I think that song actually suited Sayumis vocal range well no so well for Rika. Wasnt Rika good in Def Diva thats more her style. That was a surprise i thought she may be the week link in that group she did well.

For any of those here who are not sure about this please just watch Acchi Chikyuu o Samasunda when Morning Musume did it and just see how they compared. I think this post should of been in the Sayumi thread but it does kind of follow what was being said.

So heres the Konkon bit another reason to like her she has the strongest heart in Morning Musume and that can mean two things;

1 She is amongest the kindest members of the Hello Project if not the kindest.

2 She never gives up she is determined to be a winner and keeps picking herself up with a never give up attitude considering how much at times it seemed that fate was conspiring to keep her down she kept on going.

Hey if the England football team had half the heart that Konkon had they would win the world cup hands down. So the moral to this is sack Sven and put Konkon in charge :)
W.H.O.A member
I Demand More Makoto

#47 Kitsuiko

Kitsuiko

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1158 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:19 AM

I think you are right, if konkon wasn't good she wouldn't have made it in anyway, but yes I think konkon would make a great lead in the next single or any song for that matter, her voice is very sweet and thats what we need for a lead singer.

I also think that Eri and Makoto would be great leads too, their voices are great too, but the one person I would like to see as lead someday would be Sayumi!! :c16: Now that would be cool!!

Don't forget. Konkon didn't /really/ make it, Tsunku added her in on one of those Tsunku whim things. She was a failure at everything. It was her spirit that Tsunku hired her for, and her personality.

Namida was unfortunate. Not the song, I like the song, but... to test someone's popularity on a slow song is always rough in the pop industry. They're generally harder sells to pop fans. I doubt that because it sold poorly Tsunku is going to relate Konno to song-writing poison, but I wish she'd gotten a more upbeat song to get the lead in. Now, I recognize that EVERYONE said Namida, words and tune fit her personality as well. But, KonKon's harmonizing on Do It Now is really pretty good and a quicker, catchier song would have done a bit better.

#48 momusufan

momusufan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2898 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:02 AM

Don't forget. Konkon didn't /really/ make it, Tsunku added her in on one of those Tsunku whim things. She was a failure at everything. It was her spirit that Tsunku hired her for, and her personality.

Namida was unfortunate. Not the song, I like the song, but... to test someone's popularity on a slow song is always rough in the pop industry. They're generally harder sells to pop fans. I doubt that because it sold poorly Tsunku is going to relate Konno to song-writing poison, but I wish she'd gotten a more upbeat song to get the lead in. Now, I recognize that EVERYONE said Namida, words and tune fit her personality as well. But, KonKon's harmonizing on Do It Now is really pretty good and a quicker, catchier song would have done a bit better.

I can't believe she was a "failure" at everything in the beginning. but yeah, I think a quicker song would be great for her to do a lead on. She has a wonderful voice and I think she would be great doing lead on a new single! :c16: no one seems to like slow songs, everyone tends to go for fast and upbeat tunes, thats what sells, thats probably why most momusu slow songs don't sell well compared to their fast and upbeat songs

#49 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 06:44 AM

Im not buying that failure at everything either simply because considering just how many entries there were she would of been eliminated so easily early on she would never of stood a chance i think it was them just trying to make a "story" as such out of all of this.

#50 Kitsuiko

Kitsuiko

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1158 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 06:49 AM

Nono got really far too, and frankly in the beginning her singing and dancing were... yeah.

Not to mention there have been some really amazing voices who he didn't pick. We can't just assume he's going by talent all the way.

#51 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 04:59 PM

I certainly dont assume that but he still wouldnt choose someone who has no potential whatsoever afterall he always has plenty to choose from. Take the 4th gen as a good example at that point many people questioned why Hitomi and Rika were chosen. That surprised me when i heard of that to be honest and the idea that Tsuji was no good also seems a bit odd shes one of there best (IMO).

#52 Demanding More makoto

Demanding More makoto

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 05:48 PM

One thing that i get the impression of is that the Hello Project likes to inform its fans of who is and who is not so good. Its done in a very subtle way but its a tried and tested method it happens all over the place in the music industry whats worse is it works alot of the time.
W.H.O.A member
I Demand More Makoto

#53 Kitsuiko

Kitsuiko

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1158 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 08:59 PM

Tsuji's voice now is amazing (personally I think time with Mika did that). I mean, I really think it's one of the best. And I really think from the beginning it was one of the worse. In I Wish and in Mini Moni's Mini Bus you can kind of hear her voice is tighter than the other girls, she's pushing and straining a bit more vocally--it's coming utterly from her throat and not from her diaphram.

Konno's not too much different in that regard--you can hear her vocally pushing herself to try and keep the notes. Niigaki went flat on occassion in concert, but performance wise of her generation, Konno started out at the lowest point. Mind you, her generation DID include Takahashi and Makoto which is kind of an amazing double threat to be up against but still. She sung from her throat, she wasn't really a singer yet.

Even in Maki Goto's audition, I've listened to her and I've thought "She's good, but not great. I've heard a lot of American girls sing out and a long stronger than that." Mind you, Japan doesn't have a choiric tradition like some other countries do, but we're very, very rarely looking at girls who are amazing singers from the get go.

Tsunku, along with talent of course, is looking for girls who are willing to work really hard for what he wants to do and for girls that have something special. You can teach a girl to sing (Remember how quickly Koharu corrected herself on those flat notes) but teaching a girl how to work with you, getting the right personalities, that's a LOT harder.

#54 wildstarr

wildstarr

Goddess, thy name is Maki.

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:05 PM

no one seems to like slow songs, everyone tends to go for fast and upbeat tunes,

I, for one, prefer slow songs. I know its the faster/upbeat songs that sell, but I get more from a slow song especillay a ballad. I just like the way female vocalists sound with a slow song. I love Nacchi's Takaramono, and Maki's Suppin to Namida just to name a few current slow songs. I also really like W's Shiroi iro wa koibito no iro. When I heard that I thought "WOW those two can really, really sing well" I think a slow song/ballad really shows how good someone's voice really is.

MM Namida is still think was a little upbeat. I would like to hear Konkon sing a ballad like the ones I just mentioned. Hell I'd like it they all did.

Posted Image

#55 Demanding More makoto

Demanding More makoto

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 07:55 PM

For arguments sake lets just assume that Konkon has to train and train all the time to be as good as she is. Whats the big deal about that ? so she trains alot as long as she delivrs the goods thats all that matters and to say that the others dont have to train would be wrong as well. They all do.
W.H.O.A member
I Demand More Makoto

#56 Kitsuiko

Kitsuiko

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1158 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:04 AM

Nothing. In fact, I think that's one of the reasons a lot of Japanese fans like her. Well, I mean along with the fact that she's really smart and really cute, and is rather funny and has an adorable fixation towards 17th century France...

But on track the fact that Konno is very studious in all of the things she does makes her kinda that much cooler. There's always something a bit more special about someone who does things because they're determined to do them.

#57 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 05:10 PM

Thats true smart is indeed cool its just some see it as geekish i guess, I dont.

#58 Demanding More makoto

Demanding More makoto

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:11 PM

That sentiment is not applied in many countries tho. Or that many people full stop.
W.H.O.A member
I Demand More Makoto

#59 Msi

Msi

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:22 PM

Thats true smart is indeed cool its just some see it as geekish i guess, I dont.

I think a lot of people are intimidated by someone smarter than they are.
Konkon may be smart but she doesn't flaunt it, if anything I think she tones it down. During some of the competitions, I've seen that "oh so cute" confused look on her face a few times. I luv it. :c16: :c16:

#60 Demanding More makoto

Demanding More makoto

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 11:03 AM

Yesterday i actually got round to watching the dvd that come with the Natsufuku photobook. All i can say is wow Konkon could so easily be a model and many styles as well. Konkon is actaully very sexy under that cute image of hers. What a figure she has as well she must have to work hard at maintaining that. I can easily see a carear as a model for her.
W.H.O.A member
I Demand More Makoto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users