• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sweetbene

sweetbene

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 319 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:10 PM

wancbi are a brand new idol group from Fukuoka. The name means "we are not crybabies" and the group has 4 members.

823257Capturede769cran20150128a768220634

(from left to right : Haruru, Megupon, Monchi (leader), Jessie).

In 2010, the school Aso College Group launched audition for a school idol group which will cover AKB48 (and sister groups) songs for the school festival. Group's name was ASO48.

The girls who passed the audition were trained to sing and dance everyday for 4 months before performing in front of 1000+ students. Then the group was disbanded and new audition was held next september (previous generation members could audition too).

Group lasted until 2013 and has 4 generations. Fourth generation has the most motivation of all and producer decided to make the group more serious from 2014.

A new audition was held in june and 6 members passed as 4.5th generation. Groups was renamed AsoBe. In september of the same year, 5th generation (2 members) was added. Unfortunately, as months passed, 4 members dropped out the project and in december, group was renamed wancbi.

They debuted in december with their first single Hashire !! Morimoto !! and did some live with an indies single and 1 live. Unlike ASO48 which was a school unit, wanci is active in all Fukuoka.

Their second single wil be released next week.

1st single :

Hashire !! Morimoto !!

2nd single :

CoLoR

---------------------------------------------

Official website

Official twitter

--------------------------------------------

I am promoting this group because I was a ASO48 4th generation member and they are my beloved juniors. Please support them. You can watch ASO48 's videos on my Youtube Channel if interested.

#2 Guest_Jpop lover_*

Guest_Jpop lover_*
  • Guests (Not logged in)

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:26 PM

Are their cds venue only?

#3 sweetbene

sweetbene

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 319 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:30 PM

Venue and they are also sold in one shop in Fukuoka.

#4 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:12 PM

Monchi looks like a mix of AKB's Kojiharu and Sistar's Dasom.

Also, is Jessie a hafu or a foreigner? She doesn't really look Japanese

#5 sweetbene

sweetbene

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 319 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:45 PM

She is Japanese but makes fun of herself saying she has a Malaysian face.

#6 sweetbene

sweetbene

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:48 AM

2015 Febreuary 21st, "Dai 3 kai - Sekai isan fureai event QBC Ustream koukai live"@ Loft Tenjin in Fukuoka.

Setlist :

1. CoLoR

2. EGAO NO MAMA DE~Mitsu kazoete

3. Hashire !! Morimoto !!

4. Tweets of Noël

#7 sweetbene

sweetbene

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:07 AM

I come with some updates even I don't think people follow them except me.

Here is a ColoR live footage (2014.12.22)

Wancbi started their Youtube program "Konnichi'wancbi" ! Here is the last one uplaoded.

The 1st season of the group finished this week. The second season will be starting in summer with new members. Its means that the group is on hiatus right now.

We don't have any information if the current members will be in the 2nd season but I personally think that Monchi, Jessie and maybe Megupon will remain and Haruru will graduate. She is not updating her twitter account since early april and wasn't present at the group reharsals for weeks and last live which took place on May 4th (plus, staff tweets that some members may have chosen a different route). I think that's why they are looking for new girls and had the 2nd season excuse.

As for the new members, auditions are open since earlier this month. It is open for girls from 15 to 25.  Applicants are waiting to be informed for details such as the day and place (I audition for it :)).

Members said that they will be releasing their 3rd single "THE Natsu" in summer, so it will be the 1st single to feature new members.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users