• Please log in to reply
42453 replies to this topic

#38621 Chisa no Mark

Chisa no Mark

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 338 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:28 PM

Well I never expected it to be like this. She is (was?) the poster child for social grace and this don't seem like social grace.

The silence not the absence. The absence can be easily forgiven if that's what she wants, but the silence?

If this goes on for another ten years I might start to get angry with her.

#38622 Taegeuk

Taegeuk

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:25 PM

I assume she just wants a quiet life away from it all. I no longer have any hope of her coming back. The last time I saw her was in NYC and the look in her eyes when I told her I will miss her has been etched into my soul.

#38623 randomrrr

randomrrr

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 822 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:29 PM

She is (was?) the poster child for social grace

Says who? lol

Anyway, anyone is free to feel anything about her total silence but what she's doing right now is totally within her right and she did say she wants to rest her body and mind, so if this is how she can rest her body and mind, so be it.

#38624 Kaeseki

Kaeseki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1476 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:57 AM

Two things strike me with Sayumi:

1.  She was an idol for a really long time and she's been gone less than a year.

2.  If we assume she went back to Yamaguchi Prefecture, she's got an awful long journey to get to the entertainment industry in Tokyo.

Combine these two and it seems reasonable we won't here much from her for a time.

Personally, I think she'll eventually resurface.  Obviously not as a full fledged idol, but for the occasional appearances with Morning Musume and perhaps related activites.  Don't forget, she's signed up with Up Front Promotions!

#MAGA

#38625 Dragon7

Dragon7

Sayumi Michishige fan!

• Senpai
  • 2023 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:11 AM

^

Jumping into conclusions

50% she wants to her quiet life and out of the spotlight for good

50% she wants to resurface in the entertainment industry

For me I'd like nothing more for Sayu to come back even doing cameos and guest appearances

#38626 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:20 AM

I think she'll come back, after resting for a year or so

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#38627 Chisa no Mark

Chisa no Mark

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 338 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:41 PM

That's just it. There must be reasons for this ultra-unexpected behavior.

I can't be the only one who's super curious about what those reasons are.

Speculations, no matter how informed and logical can't adequately suffice for the reality.

The only one who can tell us about this reality is Sayumi herself.

I now feel that I'd happily say goodbye if she'd just come out and say that sayonara is what it is.

Happily, because she's now become unpredictable, unreliable if you will. And the

unpredictability is not in a good way like Maa-chan. I know I'll quickly forget when she does

break her silence but right now there is some fuming. It's the flip side of having dogged 

her steps from the other side of the world for over five years.

Think about it people,

for over 10 years her job description contained only two words: get attention.

And now this? WTF?

While I'm male, I feel what those pathetic girlfriends must feel when they ask

their boyfriends in a whiny tone: "Why won't you talk to me?"

Don't repeat the same tired speculations, agree with the undeniable.

We need to hear it from her.

If you want to respond with something like, 'wow, you've really got it bad,"

that's fine. I do. Because I am wota. Hear me roar.

#38628 Dobaka

Dobaka

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:22 PM

I feel the same, but we can't force anything on her. Let her figure everything out by herself. Maybe she's just preparing something huge for us, who knows.

#38629 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:29 PM

^ You know, honestly, it might be easier if she came out and decided to retire instead of this open ended "hiatus". This is pretty much the first time someone has graduated like this. And unlike other graduations where the girl already had their next move lined up, or even a goal in mind, Sayu has none of that. And then her silence makes it a bit worse. We know she talks to Reina on Line, but even her meeting with the girls at the office, seemed accidental, at least the way it sounded.
But, her picture is still up on the UFA artists site so that's a positive sign as we've seen how quick they can change things, most recently with Utachan's departure. Even Risako, who also is on hiatus, is still listed. But unlike Sayu, Risako has actually appeared in other peoples' blogs.
There are rumors about possible reasons she hasn't appeared, but they don't really seem likely as there's no photographic proof or haven't been reported, which I feel they would even if she is on hiatus.
It could really be that she still doesn't know what she wants to do post Momusu as even way back in the Tsunku x 2 interview she said she didn't really have anything in particular she wanted to do apart from being in Momusu for as long as she can.
So all we can really do is sit and wait until she returns or give up hope and move on.

#38630 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:34 PM

^

You're forgetting about Eri. Eri also took an indefinite break (which we now know is definite).

It's not ideal, but in the end it's her life and she can do what she wants. She's given enough in the past 11 years.

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#38631 Dobaka

Dobaka

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:44 PM

We still hear from Eri rarely, I hope Sayu will do blog posts and such from time to time, even if she decides to retire from entertainment.

#38632 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:51 PM

^
You're forgetting about Eri. Eri also took an indefinite break (which we now know is definite).

It's not ideal, but in the end it's her life and she can do what she wants. She's given enough in the past 11 years.

That's true but, as far as I can remember, Eri didn't say she'd return, and she's been pictured and mentioned in others' blogs whereas Sayu has pretty much disappeared altogether.
Sayu definitely deserves her rest, but it's just pretty strange how she's just sort of disappeared for the most part.

#38633 csxcsxcsx

csxcsxcsx

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1252 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:04 PM

If she is still under contract as the artist site suggest im assuming that UF are sanctioning the long hiatus, this makes me respect them for allowing this long break as im sure sayu is one of their bigger money maker, at the same time it also make me hate them for allowing this long break.

#38634 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:09 PM

I swear if this secret is Sayu I'm gonna squeee lol (I'm not placing confidence on it though)
http://ameblo.jp/mor...2055555333.html
(translations) http://nantonaku.mittsi.net/?p=57026

Get ready to get your hopes up again!! :P :lol:

#38635 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:46 PM

The way I see it, Chayu worked hard for a long time, taking a lot of flack and making several personal sacrifices in the process. She dedicated half of her life to Morning Musume. IIRC, she missed out on being with family when her grandmother died because of her idol duties (as did Meimi). If she wants a year or so off to reconnect with her family and give her body and mind a break from the stresses of idol life, I have absolutely no problem with it. If she's taking a while to figure out what she wants to do, that's fine... even if it means permanent retirement. UFP takes good care of their girls, so I don't doubt there will always be a place for her if she wants to return to the variety circuit or something. 

Point is, she has earned some private time and owes none of us anything. All we can do is focus on other things in the meantime, and be ready to welcome her back if/when the time comes.

#38636 csxcsxcsx

csxcsxcsx

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1252 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

interview with rihoriho during GMML

Spoiler

full interview here thanks to icejiggly, sayu pretty much take up half of the interview - http://icejiggly.blo...riho-first.html

#38637 randomrrr

randomrrr

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 822 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:08 PM

I swear if this secret is Sayu I'm gonna squeee lol (I'm not placing confidence on it though)
http://ameblo.jp/mor...2055555333.html
(translations) http://nantonaku.mittsi.net/?p=57026

You never learn, don't you XD actually that got my hopes up lol

Though maybe that secret is just that they don't have to perform Love Machine :P

#38638 csxcsxcsx

csxcsxcsx

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1252 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:41 PM

when i first read that my first thought was there is no way they will allow an OG to steal the thunder in a show with the current gens, then i was like, no wait, its UF and it bring my hope up again.

But deep down i know it is very unlikely, especially considering that harunan had let slipped once before and is unlikely to make another ambiguous comment about sayu

#38639 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:59 PM

You never learn, don't you XD actually that got my hopes up lol

Though maybe that secret is just that they don't have to perform Love Machine :P

It really is a rollercoaster of emotions, ain't it? :lol:

She only says there something special so it could be anything from Tsunku appearing like he did with the OG on the 27 hours TV or performing with the OG, or even just some gimmick they'll use when performing like pyrotechnics or something.

But still hoping Sayu's involved in someway! :P

#38640 Dragon7

Dragon7

Sayumi Michishige fan!

• Senpai
  • 2023 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:47 AM

^

Of course she'll read/watch anything with her MM OG friends and MM'15. 

Some fans really want her to come back so bad

Others wish her a good rest away from the spotlight

Do we make the decisions for her? No

Do we miss her? Yes

We should respect her privacy. Over 10 years of not spending family and friends time must have hurt her. So she wants to the good daughter/sibling/friend again

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users