• Please log in to reply
42453 replies to this topic

#29001 Pistolero

Pistolero

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2688 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

The first sub leader was Yasuda, and she was a bit older than Iida. Speculation was that it was because of that. Abe was never named as sub-leader(was shortly the leader of MM sakura gumi) but it seems like she was more or less treated as sub-leader after Yasuda graduated.

#29002 Mickey.

Mickey.

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 4170 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

More Sayulegs:
Posted Image

#29003 Evangel

Evangel

Ojichan

• Senpai
  • 1242 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

I don't know why Sayu is no the sub-leader.

We almost always have a sub-leader, why not know?
Posted Image
---Using a translator so forgive me if I am wrong---

#29004 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

Via JPLOP
Posted Image
Sayu strikes!

Aww XD
"Haruka, you're such a good girl" XD

Sayu is not going to lose this chance :lol: since Sayu isn't in the Reborn musical she haven't meet Kudou-chan until now.

Kudou-chan seems to like the attention :blush:

She would have met her before. H!P concerts, remember. And people run into each other at the UFA building.

Sorry for not being precise. I meant the time from the training camp period to the announcement, Sayu probably didn't run into Kudou-chan. The Eggs do not normally run into other H!P members. Even among the H!P groups themselves hardly meet each other.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#29005 kiwichan08

kiwichan08

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

Not fond of the idea of no more sub-leaders. This is the time when the leader, Niigaki, needs the sub-leader more than ever. Whatever. Officially or not, to me Sayu is the sub-leader so UFA can just go sit down somewhere.

Qu5y7gP.jpg

Ai  Sayumi   Haruna  ♥ Masaki

#29006 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:58 PM

I think Gakisan was never introduced as a sub-leader in any official apperances either. Its just the fans that automatically assume the next eldest member will be the sub-leader.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#29007 Ayaachan

Ayaachan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 953 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:03 PM

Outside Morning Musume Sayumi has a childish personality... she only cares about herself and how cute she looks (we now that's not true, but other people don't).

Being a leader/sub-leader requires responsability and her character doesn't suit that.

I think this is the reason why she wasn't appointed has sub-leader.

#29008 kjpop

kjpop

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 346 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:13 PM

^ To judge a her by her on-screen persona is pretty shallow, don't you think?

I'm sure there's more to Sayu than her "I'm so adorable/pink is awesome/9th and 10th GENERATION MEMBERS ARE SO FRIGGIN KAWAII" character that she outwardly expresses. In fact, several members have stated that she's very responsible and can be relied on when it matters the most. What we see is "Ichiban kawaii" Sayu; what the members and the staff see is a woman with a little more substance, I'm sure.

#29009 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

"Ichiban kawaii" Sayu

This character doesn't exist anymore.
I advice new fans to update their Sayu profile XD
Infact Momo has taken over that role.
When watching videos on youtube from 3 to 5 years ago, don't expect to see the same girl.
When was the last time you see Sayu do usachan peace? And how many times have Sayu done the usachan peace in the last 1 year?
For me, I think I've only seen it once or twice.

I don't think we should read to deep into the no-sub-leader decision. Times and procedures are changing. So expect changes even if we don't like it.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#29010 sa1234

sa1234

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:26 PM

I think Gakisan was never introduced as a sub-leader in any official apperances either. Its just the fans that automatically assume the next eldest member will be the sub-leader.

I did a quick search and found this official announcement that introduced her as the new sub-leader after Miki left. I'm fairly certain that this is the first time there is no sub-leader.

#29011 Mickey.

Mickey.

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 4170 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:33 PM

Ai-chan piggy-back:
Posted Image

#29012 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:20 PM

I did a quick search and found this official announcement that introduced her as the new sub-leader after Miki left. I'm fairly certain that this is the first time there is no sub-leader.

Thank you for sharing that with us.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#29013 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:23 PM

I believe the biggest reason why they continued the sub-leader tradition in the Takahashi era was because she suddenly had a lot to bear on her shoulders, and the girl really needed the support of her fellow 5th gen. Ai chan is, like a typicial mother, very caring and emotional but also prone to stress. So she really needed someone like Gaki, who never seems to break down and is extremely professional when it comes to leader stuff. Even if 'sub-leader' is only a leader in title alone it would be enough to give Ai, who doesn't like to bother others with her troubles, the feeling that someone's standing next to her when things get tough.

Now that era is over, things have changed. Morning Musume has become much more of a family with much fewer disputes to settle between the members, unlike previous gens where just about every leader would have something to complain about. Gaki, who's already good at handling the group, honestly doesn't have that much on her plate anymore. And even if things in the group do get messed up, I doubt Sayu would know how to handle things more efficiently than the more experienced and ever-rational Gaki. Nor is there much need for 'emotional support' as was the case for Ai. Let's face it, there isn't really a need for the title anymore.

#29014 Kristy

Kristy

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:25 PM

maybe nobody was assigned as subleader this time because they want to avoid having people assume who would be leader if risa graduated, maybe in the event that reina or sayumi might graduate before her. i dunno

edit: ^ ^ ^ i don't know how giving someone a subleader title would lessen ai's "responsibilities" seeing as she herself said that the title of leader didn't even change anything except maybe getting a few extra lines. i think this whole thing is being way over-thought honestly lol

#29015 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:28 PM

^I was hoping no one brought that up ^^; XD

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#29016 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:50 PM

@ Kristy
As a leader she's basically responsible for the group's well-being and dealing with any negative emotions, as well as some other small things such as being a spokesperson for variety shows etc. She didn't get much, if any, extra tasks as a leader because her new responsibilities were unconcrete and more like expectations. There were no additional orders from above, only new expectations. And because these expectations aren't concrete tasks, a sub-leader can help with them (like solving a disagreement between two members or giving advice). In Gaki's case, the title also held extra value as emotional support.

I doubt this has anything to do with Sayu. The term 'sub-leader' has simply become insignificant. So yeah, if it's going to be used it'll probably just be to indicate who's next in line for becoming a leader.

#29017 Ayaachan

Ayaachan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 953 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:07 AM

^ To judge a her by her on-screen persona is pretty shallow, don't you think?

I'm sure there's more to Sayu than her "I'm so adorable/pink is awesome/9th and 10th GENERATION MEMBERS ARE SO FRIGGIN KAWAII" character that she outwardly expresses. In fact, several members have stated that she's very responsible and can be relied on when it matters the most. What we see is "Ichiban kawaii" Sayu; what the members and the staff see is a woman with a little more substance, I'm sure.

Did you even read what I wrote? I said that "we know that's not true, but they don't"...
Sayumi is my favourite member from Hello! Project! She is really smart, her character just proves it.

#29018 kjpop

kjpop

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:15 AM

Yikes >,< I'm sorry. I got a little ahead of myself.

Well, maybe this subleader ordeal will fade to the backburner soon. All the girls should be supporting one another anyway, and it's just a title.

#29019 aussie

aussie

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1822 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:31 AM

Even before Sayu made it official today on her radio show, she had mentioned the sub-leader issue before on Youngtown, when Reina guested earlier this year, that there are no plans to appoint a sub-leader, as far as they are aware. Aichan mentioned it as well in her last Hello Channel interview, how not having an official sub-leader this time could be tough for Gaki (as having Gaki as sub-leader must have been a huge support for her emotionally), but trusted having the two rokkies still in the mix Gaki should be fine. People just automatically assumed Sayu would be sub-leader based on her seniority in the group as the most senior after Gaki, and her being older than Reina by a few months.

My take on this is that with the group now filled mostly with new members, they just appointed the leader officially, and went for the idea of a senior leadership group, as there are only four senior members (three while Aika is recuperating) left in the group now. It's only a title, and it is widely expected that Sayu and Reina will become the rock of the group, supporting Gaki as the leader while setting an example for the younger members (Aika will most likely be the link between the seniors and younger members). And should they both stay in the group beyond Gaki's graduation, Sayu WILL become the next leader based on her age and seniority. It will be interesting to see if they would bring back the sub-leader title then, but who knows.

#29020 Pistolero

Pistolero

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2688 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:42 AM

(Aika will most likely be the link between the seniors and younger members)

heh...didn't 9th gen ALL agree that she was the scariest senpai? ^^;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users