Photo

What happened to our H!O vets? And H!O in general?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 yuripop

yuripop

annoying ruru oshi lmao

• Senpai
  • 687 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 03:00 AM

IKRRR i randomly found it while reading old threads a few months ago and i was so confused why it was buried like that lmao. now i'm curious wtf went down to get it locked cuz that's sketchy af

VmE8EjI.png

> yuri's graphics ¦

> ruru . layla . yumeno . mei . utano ¦

> website . mastodon . dreamwidth . tumblr . lastfm ¦

#82 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4349 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 05:14 PM

I'm gonna be honest about 85% of forum users that created the beloved h!o community here, have now moved onto twitter to discuss everything h!p related lol 

This forum has become sort of an info dump, all the community discussion on pretty much everything h!p related gets talked about on twitter. 'h!o veterans' and 'newbies' that joined around 2014-18, and actual new h!p fans alike, all have a huge community there so if it's that you're looking for i would say just move there lo l

that being said, i would love to see everyone come back to h!o... it was so fun back then :(

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • murota mizuki • sato masaki  ❤ 

#83 yuripop

yuripop

annoying ruru oshi lmao

• Senpai
  • 687 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 05:28 PM

ye i know that which kinda sucks but that's just how internet is nowadays. rip

VmE8EjI.png

> yuri's graphics ¦

> ruru . layla . yumeno . mei . utano ¦

> website . mastodon . dreamwidth . tumblr . lastfm ¦

#84 Saburo

Saburo

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:27 PM

2004: the domain of message boards, chat protocols (IRC very relevant but I miss AIM the most), blogs, and even a few podcasts.

I've saved my bookmarks from the late 1990s and still browse a few BBS sites regularly. Still part of my M.O. It's why I've embraced this website again, post-tracker. We all need an outlet in isolation.

乾杯 BABY!

#85 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 839 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 12:17 PM

I think this forum would still be somewhat more active if that big server down and issues didn't happen last year...

That really killed the site because the site was down for a few days and there were reside issues for weeks afterwards...

I remember before I created this account, I was a lurker for so long because this site was so active and there were so many people and I was so not comfortable talking to random people, even after I created my account I didn't really comment much. Only in the past like 2 years I have been more "active" because there are less people  ^^;

#86 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 4796 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 05:12 PM

Maybe I'm using H!P twitter the wrong way (to be fair I don't have an account and just lurk), but there aren't real discussions over there either. At least not like there used to be in this forum.

The forum is in a big generational change. Many older members left because they aren't as attached to the group or they don't like the way discussions are held nowadays, while younger members might think the forum is stale (and maybe filled with old people who have questionable views every now and then; from what I've seen twitter does discuss the whole "objectifying young women" topic which has always been shut down on this board). And yeah, the forum was badly broken until recently, with some bugs being fatal:

- the quote option didn't work

- you couldn't change your avatar

- and, the worst of them: you couldn't log in with your twitter account despite this way being the only way some people could access their account. If they created another account they'd go against forum rules, but there was no password to access it in another way. I know a lot of people have mentioned it before but the mods couldn't do anything because it was a system bug. That probably drove away lots of people.

#87 Doraleous

Doraleous

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 173 posts

Posted Today, 04:33 AM

Gotta pick your time to become active, wait until the Ballads Boredom Fest Garbage is over and the forum will explode with activity. (Probably not)

Heh,  but I like coming back for the elections.

Kenshuusei is where it's at, debut these stars in the making already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users