Photo

What happened to our H!O vets? And H!O in general?

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#61 洋hiromi水

洋hiromi水

dance, dancing all of the night~ ♫

• Senpai
  • 1654 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:51 PM

^

I've contacted him. Thanks!  ^_^

Yamazaki Mei Kaga Kaede  Haga Akane  Danbara Ruru Sasaki RikakoAkiyama MaoHirai Miyo

#62 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:33 PM

@洋hiromi水

Is there a thread for subbing on this forum? I don't know how to sub videos and I don't have much time, but I speak Japanese and I've noticed some other members on here that do as well. I think I'd participate in a subbing group if all I had to do was actually translate from Japanese to English. Even if it was just DVD magazines.

The hard part of subbing is timing and QA which takes a lots of time. Translating is the easiest part. Subbers usually got busy with works etc and has no time to subbing anymore.

>
Ya, I been here long time too. I would say interest winding down after long awhile and got busy with some other things, works, family.

#63 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:50 AM

I'm fine with the lack of subbed videos and whatnot, but it would be really great if the news feed could be restored. I mean, you can find the news by looking through the forums, but you might have to click on the morning musume thread to find out about a new promotion they're doing, or an individual member's thread if the information just concerns that member, or look in the agency area to see when a new single is coming out. It was more convenient when all of the major news was in one place.

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#64 Esty

Esty

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 556 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:42 AM

^ Agreed. Nowadays I'm hardcore, and browsing the forum for news isn't that big of a deal for me. But I started as a casual fan as most people, and I relied a lot on H!O's News Feed. I understand that there are other mediums for news, but... I just like if I can do multiple things in one place. There should be people willing to update it. Now even those, who only came for the tracker won't come anymore, so at least the news should be restored.

Even the last music fighter koharu was before her graduation was subbed

The best show ever. XD I loved the hosts so much that I actually collected every appearance of H!P acts in their shows that got subbed (at least I think these are all of them, if I missed any, they probably were just live performances)

#65 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:14 AM

wait, normal users can post news on the new feed, correct? so why does no one bother to do so? ^^; 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#66 WhiteForte

WhiteForte

Eternal Berryz工房

• Senpai
  • 4112 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:50 AM

wait, normal users can post news on the new feed, correct? so why does no one bother to do so? ^^;

As far as I know, few people have haha.

I've seen in other forums reporter teams within the forum. This might well be implemented here.

Tokunaga Chinami
Kanazawa Tomoko
Asakura Kiki
Ogata Risa
Matsunaga Riai

#67 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:33 PM

So, to repeat - like we've always said before - the news feed depends on the input of users. The users, obviously enough, are all of you. If you want information to appear in the news feed, you need to submit said info to the news feed. That's all there is to it. 

The news feed depends entirely on you. It's there for you to use. Write proper quality entries. That's all there is to it.

#68 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:26 PM

so why does everyone complain about it? ^^; 

if you want something done right, do it yourself lol 

actual question though, is the news section only for H!P/Upfront related artists, or can we post about Stardust, 48g etc idols too? I'm gonna assume it's just H!P but it doesn't hurt to ask ^^;

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#69 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:35 PM

Well we only have two front pages (i.e., for news feed), that's H!P/Upfront and 48G. Since few people use them, they are not very active... 

#70 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

You don't need a reason to help people.

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:34 AM

When I first came here around '06, I used to post in basically every forum.  Then I made the terrible decision to go to university, and to some extent, that just killed me on the inside.

I ended up doing a Certificate of Achievement in TEFL ('14) which led me to a job teaching English in China ('15).  Didn't have a clue what I was doing, so went back to Australia and got a Cert IV in Training & Assessment (TAE40110) on top of which I have also done an Advanced TESOL Diploma (Associate Degree) with 5 specializations (Business English, English for Adults, IELTS and TOEFL Preparation, Private Tuition, and Teaching Grammar).  I was also granted an "International English Teacher Licence" for "Recognition of Excellence in English Language Teaching" which I think is pretty cool. :-)

I'm now here in Jinzhong, Taiyuan, Shanxi teaching English at Jinzhong University.  My goal is to save as much as I can in hopes of enrolling in a Japanese Language School for a few months next year and see what happens from there.

And anyone who read the Michishige Sayumi forums will know that I went to one of her Blue Rose handshake events back in 2013 ... was completely dumbfounded and said nothing. XD Oh well.  Better luck next time, I guess.

#71 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:16 AM

^ Impressive!

Edited by sheikhyerbutay, 07 May 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#72 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:09 PM

I'm also another 2006'er. I'm here from time to time, but I usually just lurk now.

It doesn't help that my workplace's internet filter blocks me from posting on H!O, so I can only lurk during downtime at work. I also can't bring my smartphone to work (security reasons) :(

I used to post a lot more around 7~10 years ago, but after I graduated from University, my free time has dried up.

When I have rare free time, I'm usually at an Idol concert or event, or have other commitments... ^^;

I also want to mention that I've had the opportunity to meet several people from H!O in Los Angeles (in 2009), Hawaii (from 2011~12), and in Japan (since 2012), and every single one of you has been very friendly :)

Custom programmable LED pegboard. If anyone wants to make a similar thing, PM me and I will help you out =)

#73 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:47 AM

I was also granted an "International English Teacher Licence" for "Recognition of Excellence in English Language Teaching" which I think is pretty cool. :-)

A bit late but congratualtions anyway :good:

In the last year, I have progressed in my idol fandom XD
Last year (2016), first time in Tokyo for UPUPGIRLS Budokan and had a handshake with them the next day at a livehouse show.
Next in Feb 2017, went to Bangkok for Japan Expo and meet UUG really close-up. Probably the only time you could do this. Also, meet with Ciao Bella. Didn't get to meet Miya and PINK CRES., since their concert is a pay-to-view event and they didn't do any other stage apperance like the other idol groups. There were like more than a dozen idol groups at Japan Expo Bangkok. It was like a mini-Idol Festival.
Then July 2017, Japan Expo Kuala Lumpur. We got lucky. An artist got sick and could not attend, so PINK CRES. took over their slot. Finally met Miya and PINK CRES. Also found a new idol to follow, Yamashita Haruka, a member of Chubits ( https://twitter.com/yamashitaharuka). She was a solo act at the event. Her charm just won me over XD There were only 3 idols ( including PINK CRES.) at JE Kuala Lumpur. It was their first event. Hopefully more will come next year.
Next month, Sept 2017, will attend the UUG x ANGERME concert and UUG's graduation concert for Sengoku and Ayanon.
I think thats all the idol activity for this year :lol: My wallet obviously would be in ICU until end of the year ^^;

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#74 Saburo

Saburo

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 07:44 AM

My H!P fandom probably was at its peak when I joined H!O in 2004. I am certain I knew people from other message boards: JPHiP, Yahoo Groups, jpm, etc.

Unfortunately all of those online comrades have moved on. One of my best online friends here has since married and become the parent of a very cute grade-school girl. One day I got a DM from her: mom and dad discovered her H!P DVDs, CDs, photobooks in the old family home and demanded she come get her junk. Of course who has room for old hobbies when a child takes up all the room. I had no idea what she should do -- I certainly wasn't in any position to inherit her stuff. (my small apartment is stuffed as it is!)

But she was a huge fan who came around these parts from time to time. One afternoon her and I went stalking for Musume after a friend tipped me off that they'd be shopping at a local mall near Waikiki during one of their many Hawaii fan club tours. Oh, how I wish I had a digital camera in those days...

Good times.

乾杯 BABY!

#75 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 11:57 PM

think i meant to reply to this some time ago but forgot about it so i'm doing it now lol

anyway i don't think i have any say in this since i just joined like last year but it's so weird to me how this feels literally nothing like a community. like ppl pop in and sometimes talk about idols but that's about it really, otherwise it's just news updates and one or two comments about it every time. every other forum i've been on (even the ones i just lurk on) has random discussion threads and seems really chill, like people actually know each other, but idk this forum seems more like a news site with a comment section that rarely gets used. and ik there's a bunch of discussion threads here but like only a few ppl use them and there's rarely any talk in them besides ppl putting in their own 2 cents. and there isn't even a random general thread for ppl to talk about anything in which is the weirdest thing to me. when i joined there wasn't an introductions thread either, which was also super weird cuz this is like the first forum i've ever been to without one. idk i'm just saying that this forum feels like a discord server with no general channel(s) and it's weird to me

#76 Kecham

Kecham

Night Owl

• Senpai
  • 866 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:17 AM

hmm I think there might have been introduction thread or similar but it's buried deep with old threads. I've been here for sometimes made it my goal to always have "Last Active: Today"  XD anyways I'm mostly on index nowadays  so I don't know how things have changed... I stretched too thin... was going to say something else when I realised you follow me on tumblr  XD ...um what was I going to say  :ph34r: lies: and that's the example of how I've stretched to... things were wilder decade a ago with personalities, opinions clashing well I can't speak for people that used to be very active here but I think some people only joined for the old tracker so idk if that has something to do with the lack of people, might not with those that used to post a lot tho

Spoiler

EDIT: still can't remember what was I going to say 

"If you give up on the most important dream in your life
you'll gradually lose your true self"

tumblr

#77 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:26 AM

yeah ngl i feel like it's mostly a result of forums becoming more inactive (b/c social media) and changing interests (a lot of ppl lose interest in h!p fast once their oshi graduates) but it still sucks to see. even then tho i feel like there really isn't anything welcoming about this place anymore, it just feels like a ghost town even though it's actually pretty active (well not atm but that's probably because h!p is hella boring rn + pandemic) bc of the tons of dead threads and lack of community around here which sucks

also i didn't realize u were the same person on tumblr!!! haha that's rlly cool lol

#78 Kecham

Kecham

Night Owl

• Senpai
  • 866 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:36 AM

http://www.hello-onl...-introductions/

yup it really was buried deep and locked for... umm why? lol

"If you give up on the most important dream in your life
you'll gradually lose your true self"

tumblr

#79 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:50 AM

oh yeah i found that some time ago, i can't believe it's locked?? like no wonder ppl always lurk here lmao, it's hella awkward popping into random threads when ur new. i mean when i joined it took me like 3 months till i started actually posting cuz i was too nervous hehe

there was probably some forum drama regarding the intro thread that went down like a decade ago but honestly at this point i don't get why it's still locked, it's so weird lmao

#80 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:41 AM

I KNEW THERE WAS AN INTRO THREAD SOMEWHERE.

It has been unlocked. I have no idea why it was locked but there were lots of mysterious decisions made previously.
DDOhydd.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users