• Please log in to reply
2928 replies to this topic

#2841 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2324 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 10:03 PM

@JPOPe: The dating rule is set to keep the group profitable. Most international fans may not have problems with this, but don't expect fans who directly support and buy their goods to be on the same radar as you guys. That rule will cease to exist if those who buys idols good don't have problem with their idols dating. Girls can date PUBLICLY anytime while involving in entertainment industry except BEING IDOLS. Idols and no-dating rules usually go together, but not being idols doesn't stop girls from involving in entertainment industry, right? Tons of examples out there: Mano Erina, Tamura Meimi, etc.

#2842 Althea

Althea

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 12:33 AM

Anybody tearing down Kobushi bc they're disbanding, shame on you and gtfo. How can you call yourself part of the H!P fandom? You're not. I'm completely devastated about the disbandment but even more disappointed in how some "fans" are reacting to this.

#2843 KABTX

KABTX

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:47 AM

This was terrible news to start the day, and I don't really feel any better now.

Kobushi Factory is, without a doubt, my favorite group by any categorization you can come up with. (H!P, J-Pop, Idols, Music.)

I was lucky enough to see them in person this past May. I went to both shows in Takamatsu. I was even ticket #1 for the first show and stood right up against the stage.

While I hate to see them go, I admire that they didn't want to continue as anything other than 5-nin Kobushi.

I know it's all part of the deal when you sign up to be an idol fan. Groups and members come and go.

But knowing that doesn't make it hurt any less when your favorites decide it's time to go another direction in their lives..

I think I am most devastated by the fact that Sakurako is the only one of the five who is leaving the public eye entirely.  :sob:  (My cat is even named Sakurako because of her.)

I will support them until the very end. #KobushiGumiForever

On another note, I wonder what the final single will be like. Upbeat, rockin' Kobushi style? Slow ballad? Sako Rap?

#2844 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:53 AM

I wonder if they'll release a final best album. It's something of a tradition for disbanding groups but a little soon after their 2nd album. I'd really appreciate having every song on one album,

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#2845 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:04 AM

If they plan on releasing it after they disband similar to C-ute, that may have been why they released the previous album when they did, so that they could release the last album songs into the wild and get the sales on that in 2019, and then release the full Kobushi Factory box set after the last single and disbandment so that there's high demand.

#2846 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:17 AM

Kobushi's instagram announced the disbandment.

https://www.instagra.../p/B7FTkrqno-k/

Google translation:

"Oh hama! I'm Ayano Hamaura!
Yesterday, we reported on the website, but it was decided that the Kobushi Factory would be dissolved on March 30. See the blog for details.

Before the last day, I hope to share the appeal of the fist factory in my photo folder on Instagram!
Please enjoy to the fullest!"

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#2847 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1053 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 07:35 AM

AHHH I'm so upset  :sob:  :sob:

I don't think this is the result of Ayano's dating scandal, and that it had been in the talks for a while as Ayapan has said, since she wants to go back to school. She was probably waiting for the acceptance letter before announcing the disbandment but I guess due to Ayano they just fast tracked it to now as damage control so they could get a decent disbandment before too many people find out about it and hate on Ayano thinking she was the cause.

#2848 bobvahn

bobvahn

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 08:26 AM

wow, another scandal and then disband, i never really pay close attention to this group, but i think the girls is half-hearted to be in this idol world. Other than dance, singing, act, ext they should've learn the reality of the entertainment worlds. But since Rei is staying and also Mei ozeki also staying why not make new group with those 2 and with another one and name the group' the left over" or something lol 

#2849 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 09:59 AM

this news is so devastating, kobushi is one of my favorite current h!p groups :( and sakurako leaving the entertainment industry really hurts since she's one of my favorite h!p vocalists. i hope the members do well in their future endeavors though! i'm especially interested in where reirei will go since she's my oshi and she's staying in h!p, maybe she'll be put in another group like angerme?

#2850 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:30 PM

Sigh .. this is so sudden .. I can't take this.. :(

#2851 mie-chan

mie-chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:06 AM

Kobushi Factory is a joint project between upfront and day sound (TBS owned). Previously, day sound decided to withdraw from Lovevendor partnership, so it was ended. Discussion was in process to extend partnership for Kobushi Factory, when recent news caused the decision to end partnership.

Tsubaki Factory has a different partner (TV Asahi) who has extended partnership.

#2852 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 805 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:16 AM

^??? None of that makes any sense. Besides, LoVendor had a lot of other problems and that's why it ended.

MM: Ayumi, Maria, Rio |||| A: RikakoAyanoWakana |||| JJ: RuruAkariRiai

TF: Mao, Marine, Mizuho |||| BYO~: Minami, Kurumi, Kokoro |||| ON: KanamiMomo, Kirara

HPKU:  Yulia, Karin, Ayana |||  HPK: Niina

#2853 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:41 AM

Apart from Hama-chan's issue, i just want to focus on the Kobushi itself.

Put into more simple terms, the project wad promising at the beginning, but after "Kobushimaggedon" in 2017, things never be the same again.

The most important part about the project, is about business point of view, their sales dropped significantly, since Kobushimaggedon. And with the market seemed stagnant or decrease, how can management invest again to expand the market (of Kobushi)?? They succeed with Tsubaki, JJ, Beyooonds, Angerme, that's why they got promoted, and the result of sales was good.

In summary, this is pure business decisions. Things never be the same again, if they still continue. That's why scandal or force majure in Idol Industry can impact very significant.
momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#2854 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 01:38 AM

I'm in denial about kobushi, so I've spent the last few days listening through H!P's back catalog of groups that never got the chance to make their mark. It's made me realise that while kobushi deserves so much more, we're super lucky to have gotten what we got. It may not seem like this in the age following the H!P kids spending over a decade active, but 5 years as an idol is nothing to sneeze at. And we got so many awesome songs. If groups like Taiyo to ciscomoon and Sheki-dol (if anyone here hasn't checked out Sheki-dol yet, you really should) are still remembered in H!P today, I'm sure a group as awesome as kobushi will continue to gain new fans long after there disbandment. Hopefully Rei will keep their songs alive while she's in H!P, and I'm looking forward to seeing KSS cover them in future test events. Who knows, maybe when H!P is celebrating their 40th anniversary, we'll have our girls come back for one more performance.

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#2855 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1637 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:25 AM

Truth be told, never like Kobushi Factory from the start. So for me, it's not really a loss. Especially after the mass graduations due to scandals/discipline issues, the group is lucky to be able to continue as an active group. Their continuation has always made me feel unjust for Country Girls especially when the latter does not face any of such issue. I know the remaining girls of Kobushi Factory should not be punished because of what the other 3 girls did. But I am surprised they escape the fate of Country Girls.

So this announcement does not affect me in any other way, but I can't believe a group that is supposed to continue the spirit of Berryz ended up like that. I guess luckily Tsubaki Factory is still around to carry the torch.

#2856 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 01:23 PM

^

The Country Girls situation is completely different and unrelated to Kobushi, so feeling resentment for Kobushi because of how Country ended up is rather unfair. It's a tired story anyway, with both groups disbanding three months apart.

I8dtEOy.gif

#2857 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1637 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:35 PM

^Nope. If you read my post carefully, I don't resent KF because of what happened to CG. I have never liked the group at the first place. I only feel unjust for CG because of how KF managed to escape the fate of CG. There is a difference.

#2858 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 06:03 PM

^

Distinction without a difference.  "A is at 10, which is unfair because B is at 9" is not actually different from "B is at 9, which is unfair because A is at 10."  They are distinct, but they are not different.

Also... we all have like... the stories that we tell ourselves about what's happening behind closed doors.  The individual and personal ways we interpret what was honestly reported, what was dishonest, and what was stretched truths.  So, I don't have any problem with you having a different understanding of "the fate of CG" than I do.  But I think you have to explain what you mean by "the fate of CG" because it is not obvious what you're talking about.

My basic, primary stance, is to just live my life as if everything that goes into those official statements is true, so start from the beginning.  What do you think happened to CG, and what does that say about what you think should have happened to KF?

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#2859 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1637 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:04 PM

^Nope. It's different. Me not liking KF has nothing to do with what happened to CG in 2017 (ie. become a semi-active group and begin the concurrency shit). I have already said I never like KF from the start (ie. when they were first annonced to form a group).

If management can decide to continue to KF despite the difficult times. I just couldn't understand why they can't do that for CG despite losing a key member. I just feel unjust for CG that the management has not faith in CG to continue as an active group but they can support KF. I am not saying KF should be made a semi-active group/go through the concurrency stunt after the "scandals"/"mess" created by the 3 members who left. I am just surprised that they didn't get the shit that CG got.

P.S. Let's not get into the details that CG was made semi-active because of Risa and Mai. We clearly know that is a "cover-up".

#2860 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:08 PM

To the best of my consideration, the main differences between CG and Kobushi were Momochi and timing. I'll get more into the timing when I talk about Kobushi, but I'll start first with CG.

Whether or not they intended to continue Country Girls normally after Momochi's graduation, CG's sales started to decline while Momochi was still in the group and they could have changed their minds just from that. Blind from the conversation is that *every* group up to that point except the factories were either stagnating or declining in profits the past year prior, and even later into 2017 the groups were still releasing more digital singles instead of physical releases as a result. Every step along the way during that time, a decision would have been made regarding the viability of CG as it existed with each new factor, from the recovering economy, Momochi having always been on borrowed time as a very popular member of H!P, the effort of trying to push Chii as a front girl after having previously lost Uta, the amount of money they would be willing to spend to promote the group post-Momochi to make up the difference, the KSS who were already up for consideration (let's be real, Nishiguchi may not have been as spontaneous in 2017 as he claimed), another economy scare early into 2017, the declining sales of CG's previous single *with* Momochi, and the unresolved issue of how much money they might be losing on the promotion of the group if the economy did take another dive and cut into sales. They made the unfortunate decision, and all CG fans suffered for it.

Now Kobushi. Why were they the only group that didn't have stagnating sales at that point? Simply, they hadn't released a single in nearly a year. By all indication, they were on the rise even under a recovering economy, after selling over 45k in their previous single (more than J=J and Angerme at the time), strong attendance, and even the album they released months prior having done fairly well. At the point that the decision was made for CG to do transfers and concurrency, Kobushi was still considered a solidly profitable group on their own, and the economy had recovered enough before the scandals that they had no reason to think they were in any danger of their single doing as poorly as it did. *If* the timing had been different, if Momochi had been graduating later in the year, if Kobushi had released lackluster single sales in March instead of June in 2017 and *then* had the same scandals in the summer, it's possible that Kobushi might have been the group that got transfers and concurrencies.

As it was though, the decision to transfer CG members had already been made and they were already in their new groups before Kobushi's scandals. So shortly after that, if they had also decided to split up Kobushi after one poorly performing single+scandals, it just would have been a really bad look for the company and negative fan sentiment could have made things even worse if they lost two groups so shortly after already losing C-ute that year. Or who knows, if they hadn't been as hasty in making the decision to transfer CG members and gave them one more single, they might have still shown good enough sales that they could have remained a full group today. Either way though, I don't think it makes the continuation of Kobushi unjust even if the very specific situation I fabricated was possible. We could consider it unjust that Country Girls was treated the way they were, but since Kobushi's sales actually *improved* immediately after the scandals, the only distinction that could be made on the fairness of the treatment given to one over the other is simply that CG wasn't given the same chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users