• Please log in to reply
2929 replies to this topic

#2361 LeoHamasaki

LeoHamasaki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 977 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:13 PM

Thank you for the update! Lol, we need to start a "watch-samba-kobushi-janeiro" action.

Yes, it's sad to see it being the one receiving the least views, it's such a great PV, full of colors and samba! Well, I'm brazilian so I'm biased XD

Here children. 

Thank you! I haven't seen this performance before and I'm really happy after watching it!

It's clear they're fighting hard, we can see their passion and how much each of those five girls love the group in this performance.

This song is a great "first step" in their journey as 5nin!

#2362 KABTX

KABTX

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 361 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:32 PM

I've seen several people mention a color shuffle. Why make your fans buy new stuff for no reason? Why is that even thought of as something to boost a "failing" group?

#2363 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:09 PM

The general idea is that the hardcore wota will want to quickly buy their favorite member's new color to support them, that creates a fast infusion of money, and creates a temporary buzz around the group with extra promotion and the end goal of picking up more fans in the long run, similar to what happened with S/mileage->Angerme.  I don't think it really works in this context though because S/mileage was already around the height of their popularity under that banner and had just gotten new members before their reshuffle and name change.  For it to be comparable, a color shuffle would need to be accompanied by new members.  Without something to shake things up and make something about the group seem markedly different to justify it, a color shuffle on its own doesn't really do much.

#2364 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:20 PM

C-ute reshuffled their colors after Erika left IIRC, so there is precedent to do so even if they don't add new members.

epwHFX3.jpg?1

Oshi's:  MM'19:  野中美希, Angerme:  室田瑞希, J=J:  植村 あかり, Country Girls:  山木梨沙

Kobushi Factory: 和田 桜子, Tsubaki Factory:  小野瑞歩, BEYOOOOONDS:  江口紗耶

All time favorites:  後藤 真希, 藤本 美貴, 矢口真里, 鞘師里保, 矢島 舞美, 清水 佐紀

#2365 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:26 PM

That's true, the precedent is there, so that wasn't to say that it can't happen.  I just meant more to put the emphasis on the "doesn't really do much" though.  Cute's next two singles after that were still only comparable to their other 2008-2009 single sales figures and then their individual singles started to tank along with the rest of the groups.  They didn't hit their resurgence until a few years later in early 2012 when they basically doubled their previous average.  So while we have an instance of color shuffles happening after members leave, we don't really have a precedent for that alone being a catalyst for more popularity or higher sales.

From the perspective of old men in business suits, without a comparable success, they're just as likely to see it as potentially alienating the fans that would feel obligated to buy the new merchandise if they don't have something else to make it feel justified like a name change, new members, or something else to shake things up.  The safe options that they're likely to instead take are to just feel out the sales with another single or two and do nothing, or debut some more KSS.  Since they've already announced a new single, it seems they went with the former, but whether or not they change tactics after that will just depend on the sales.

#2366 Gabby

Gabby

Keep your smile

• Senpai
  • 2224 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:02 PM

To be fair Berryz shuffled their colors every year until 2009 when they stuck with the one the ended with. I think it was something more common back that. As for Angerme they completely re-branded themselves that why they got the member color change. I really don't see a color reshuffle unless we get a name change. As that would be part of the re-branding.  At this moment in time I think the thing that will help kobushi most is getting them out there showing off the strength of the current line up. So a single is a great thing now they just need to start putting their faces everywhere and actually promote this single since the last single lacked that a lot. I think a style change would help too. Maybe ditch the growling and leave that to the Kobushi to the past. I'll be honest though I think they waited to long to start promoting this new line up and are slowly missing the widow for it. But well see I really hope Kobushi has a great future. 

HLxdmXb.png

#2367 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:06 PM

That's true, the precedent is there, so that wasn't to say that it can't happen.  I just meant more to put the emphasis on the "doesn't really do much" though.  Cute's next two singles after that were still only comparable to their other 2008-2009 single sales figures and then their individual singles started to tank along with the rest of the groups.  They didn't hit their resurgence until a few years later in early 2012 when they basically doubled their previous average.  So while we have an instance of color shuffles happening after members leave, we don't really have a precedent for that alone being a catalyst for more popularity or higher sales.

From the perspective of old men in business suits, without a comparable success, they're just as likely to see it as potentially alienating the fans that would feel obligated to buy the new merchandise if they don't have something else to make it feel justified like a name change, new members, or something else to shake things up.  The safe options that they're likely to instead take are to just feel out the sales with another single or two and do nothing, or debut some more KSS.  Since they've already announced a new single, it seems they went with the former, but whether or not they change tactics after that will just depend on the sales.

i definitely agree with your last sentence.  My hope is that this next single will sell well and they stay in their present formation, but I understand that this is a business and will support Kobushi either way.

epwHFX3.jpg?1

#2368 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:24 AM

So a single is a great thing now they just need to start putting their faces everywhere and actually promote this single since the last single lacked that a lot.

THIS!! i was not really into Kobushi around this time, and i didnt even like the songs (now i love Sha la la!)

but i got really mad cause they didnt promote it AT ALL (we all know they suck at promoting, but this was a new level :/)

i still think they didnt sell well cause of the extreme lack of promotion, not becuase of popularity issues or bad songs (specially considering how it was intended to be Rio's graduation single)

#2369 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:29 AM

I'm too used with Blue as MinaMina colour. I can't see her in other XD

#2370 Gabby

Gabby

Keep your smile

• Senpai
  • 2224 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:59 AM

So a single is a great thing now they just need to start putting their faces everywhere and actually promote this single since the last single lacked that a lot.

THIS!! i was not really into Kobushi around this time, and i didnt even like the songs (now i love Sha la la!)

but i got really mad cause they didnt promote it AT ALL (we all know they suck at promoting, but this was a new level :/)

i still think they didnt sell well cause of the extreme lack of promotion, not becuase of popularity issues or bad songs (specially considering how it was intended to be Rio's graduation single)

Sad thing is they will pull out the stops when they want to you know? Like I think the Promo for Tsuabkis singles have actually been really good, better then Up-front normally would. So I'm hoping they will give Kobushi the same level of promo. (I'm in no way trying to compare or drag tsubaki down but their singles have had pretty good promo around them)

Biggest thing with Kobushi's last single is I feel they relayed on the movie too much to advertise the single instead of putting their own work into it.

^ See that's the thing I literally don't think any other colors would suite the current members. I can't see any of the current girls getting red, orange or yellow.

HLxdmXb.png

#2371 KABTX

KABTX

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 361 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:19 AM

I'm too used with Blue as MinaMina colour. I can't see her in other XD

If they change, my cat (who is named Sakurako) will have to get a new collar and toys since everything I get for her is green.

#2372 KABTX

KABTX

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 361 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:53 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=KHZy498kib0

Tons of Kobushi goodness in this weeks HaroSute.

Minami and Hamachan dance practice @ 13:32

Sakurako and ReiRei continue their kitchen adventure @ 37:16

Ayapan doing the makeup segment this week @ 49:05

#2373 Niguritto

Niguritto

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:16 PM

Spoiler

What is this and why is Sako the only one who doesn’t have two hand puppets
#JusticeForSako
#StopBullyingSako

#2374 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:38 PM

Sad thing is they will pull out the stops when they want to you know? Like I think the Promo for Tsuabkis singles have actually been really good, better then Up-front normally would. So I'm hoping they will give Kobushi the same level of promo. (I'm in no way trying to compare or drag tsubaki down but their singles have had pretty good promo around them)

Biggest thing with Kobushi's last single is I feel they relayed on the movie too much to advertise the single instead of putting their own work into it.

^ See that's the thing I literally don't think any other colors would suite the current members. I can't see any of the current girls getting red, orange or yellow.

Pulling out the stops is just more handshake events. We all know those billboards and posters don't do anything if no one knows who you are. I can't remember the last time I went and listened to a song or watched an MV because of a picture. How many tv performances did Tsubaki and Angerme do for their latest releases? Like one?

#2375 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:52 AM

Wow, I like this a lot!!

epwHFX3.jpg?1

#2376 IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer

Kasahara Momona deserves 3 new modeling jobs weekly

• Senpai
  • 4024 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:36 PM

Pulling out the stops is just more handshake events. We all know those billboards and posters don't do anything if no one knows who you are. I can't remember the last time I went and listened to a song or watched an MV because of a picture. How many tv performances did Tsubaki and Angerme do for their latest releases? Like one?

The number one marketing method to encounter new groups and music is still the radio. Not tv. And posters aren't supposed to make you listen to groups you never heard of but to pay attention to a name and release for a few seconds so your brain gets familiar with it and to pay more attention to it when you hear it the next time on e.g. the radio.

Morning Musume______ANGERME________Juice=Juice_________Kobushi Factory____Tsubaki Factory____ BEYOOOOONDS

1. Sato Masaki         1. Kasahara Momona  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Nomura Minami   1. Tanimoto Ami        1. Kobayashi Honoka

2. Fukumura Mizuki  2. Sasaki Rikako         2. Uemura Akari             2. Hirose Ayaka       2. Asakura Kiki          2.Okamura Minami

3. Oda Sakura          3. Wada Ayaka            3.  Dambara Ruru           3. Inoue Rei             3. Niinuma Kisora     3. Takase Kurumi

#2377 Gabby

Gabby

Keep your smile

• Senpai
  • 2224 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:47 AM

I always thought playing in the streets was also kind of smart or like having the MV's play on a screen on the streets. If you think something is catchy enough you'll stop check it out or look it up later ya know?

HLxdmXb.png

#2378 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:21 AM

I remember once I had a non-HP song vaguely stuck in my head for ages, but the only two words I actually remembered from it were "suki yo."  First time I turned on a radio in a month, Taiyou to Himawari starts playing and the immediate "THAT'S THE SONG" was cathartic.  I guess I had heard it a couple of times passively on the radio while I was doing other things and it didn't stick with me until later.  Sometimes, the only thing keeping someone from liking a group is lack of enough exposure to get what they didn't already realize they liked the first time.

Considering how many of H!P's songs are growers that attract more people with more exposure, giving people as many opportunities as possible to hear the music will always be the most effective way to draw in non-wota.  They just keep going back and forth though on whether they want the stable wota fandoms or to spend more money to try and appeal to a mainstream audience, so the promotion isn't always too consistent.  The end result is that they'll sometimes try to push a group's promotion really hard, get a little bit of mainstream attention, but then scale things back immediately once there are enough wota buying merchandise and going to performances to sustain the group.

#2379 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:23 AM

I like to see Management's reaction regarding Tsubaki high sales, what strategy they will use for Kobushi. Considering Kobushi is the next to release single. I hope they can compete each other.
momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#2380 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:46 AM

They would have had to start promoting way earlier. Tsubaki did events for nearly a third of a year. I don't think either Factory can pull those numbers long term with more realistic promotion schedules. You can't promote every release for four months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users