• Please log in to reply
1412 replies to this topic

#1261 Potassium Bicarbonate

Potassium Bicarbonate

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 427 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:04 AM

I agree with the general feeling that J=J makes the most sense. She's already got that talented diva image they're cultivating. Tsubaki could work solely as a transfer from their direct sister group but feels less inspired. Solo would be the most interesting, largely because it's the least predictable outcome. I can't quite picture how that would turn out.

#1262 LittleBerry

LittleBerry

Ee • Ee AH • Ee Et c e t e ra • Oh

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:38 PM

Agree that J=J would be a pretty cool place for her to be, not only they've had this sort of thing happen before with Manaka but her level of skill would suit them a lot. Any other group like Angerme which also tends to get members with a certain level of skill doesn't seem like the right place because they have plenty freshly-added members and probably will be adding more with the auditions and all that... Tsubaki would be weird tbh, and if they really do the Country Girls reboot I kinda don't want Reirei there, she's already had her fair share of bad luck with her original group, Country Girls is a bit scary for me :ph34r:

Also feeling bad because of this "survivor's guilt" kind of feeling... I'm losing Minamina and Sako but cannot help to feel at least a bit relieved my #1 Magnolia is staying :sob:

I BK

tumblr_px0vo1G83A1wnyk0uo1_640.png

Maihacchi Maa Kumaicho Momochi Megu Ume-chan Chissa Kishimon Maopin Kiki Omizu  Reirei Riorio Sako Minamina Yanamin Uta-chan Yamakki Aarii Riai Fuyutan Moe Maro Ayacho Meimei Rikako Rin Yuha Miimi Momohime Saya Rika Icchan Miyo Honoka Mikapon Muracchi Hikarun • Ruri • Yuriyan Mittsi Panmei Kaedy Nonyaka Yokoyan Niheyan

#1263 Zoe

Zoe

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 539 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:49 PM

I just don't want her to lose all the work she's put into learning beatboxing.

#1264 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 01:29 AM

maybe let her pick some KSS to start a new acapella group

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#1265 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 01:47 AM

The one problem I have with an acapella group as the main gimmick is that since she's percussion, we'd only ever really get to hear ReiRei sing during a song's break or during shuffles/solos at harocon. I think Rei's voice is one of the best in H!P, so it'd be a shame to not hear it as often. It would be cool though if they mixed acapella into their album or coupling songs the way Kobushi does if she gets her own group. Seeing ReiRei teach vocal percussion to someone else could also be fun and a good way to make sure the group could continue doing so eventually if she decides to graduate in the future as well.

#1266 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:11 AM

I propose solo Rei, plus Hello! Pro Acapella club, that performs one song at each H!P show, with Rei as their leader.

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#1267 Zoe

Zoe

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 539 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:35 AM

^ Co-signed

#1268 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 05:04 AM

To be honest, I don't think she'll be placed at another group. She'll most likely be used as MC or for shows. Maybe even something like what Berryz Koubou does.

#1269 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1650 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 08:32 AM

You guys made really good suggestions.

So for me, I would see her:

(1) moving to J=J especially when the 1st gen are ready to graduate within the next 1-2 years, and she fits in the image nicely with great vocal ability to match.

(2) leading a new group with the current Kenshuusei group

(3) moving to MM, since the members of the colourful era could graduate anytime soon and it's not any precedence to add members who are already a H!P artist (ie. Miki and Chisaki). She could fit in MM quite nicely.

I doubt she will be made as a soloist, she is just not that popular enough.

I don't think she would join Angerme since they are holding an audition and she will stick up like a sore thumb. She just doesn't fit in the overall Angerme image.

As for Tsubaki, I hope she doesn't get put in the group as Tsubaki is good as it is. But I wouldn't be surprised coz both groups are sister groups and she is affiliated to Risa (another NGP member). But NO!

Beyoooooonds wise, I doubt so.

And please do not reboot CG anymore, just let it as it is. The group brand is cursed, so not point flogging a dead horse.

#1270 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:33 AM

Tomoko said during her most recent birthday live that she plans on continuing in J=J for a while. She said she doesn't like 25yrs old as being the semi-official retirement age for H!P members, and plans on "breaking that wall". I don't think she will graduate for another 2 years+.

Even so, I would like for ReiRei to join J=J :D

Custom programmable LED pegboard. If anyone wants to make a similar thing, PM me and I will help you out =)

#1271 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1650 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:39 PM

^That's not for Tomoko to decide eventually, isn't it? If the management wants her to go or hint her to go, she has to. If I remember correctly, Ai-chan from MM was asked by the management to think about what she wants for her future plans (which is sort of hinted her to graduate). And it's not a coincidence that all 3 members who hit 25 (ie. Honey, Ayacho and Yuka) decide to graduate at the same time. And also, not just specifically aiming at Tomoko, but it could be possible that any member of the 1st gen could want to graduate. So having Rei in J=J could help.

#1272 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 05:28 PM

^

But it is at least partially her decision.

Good-terms-graduations are always talked over.  "Think about the future" is not, "You're too old, choose your next job."  There's a reason that lots of women exactly half way through their 20s have thought it's time to change careers away from one that is primarily filled by teenagers (and that reason is not "a kick in the ass and a shove out the door from their agency")

Anyway, I think it would be a kind of mistake to add Inoue to J=J on account of Inaba.  It gives the impression that management is treating J=J as a dumping ground for difficult cases. (once is an event, twice is a pattern)  I also fail to see how Inoue would cover for a graduating 1ki.  Even if all 4 left tomorrow, what the group would be missing is not vocal chops.

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#1273 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:44 PM

^I have similar thoughts to Greyface on J=J. While Rei would be a great addition to J=J, just as she would be to any group, the whole situation would just seem really messy to me. Granted, Kobushi's disbandment and only ReiRei staying in H!P already makes things a little messy with most options, so it really just depends on whether or not the company feels like taking a more passive approach or aggressively marketing another new group so shortly after the debut of BEYOOOOONDS while also maintaining other existing groups.

Regarding the 25 thing

Spoiler

#1274 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4361 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:37 AM

ReiRei being 5 yrs in brings a new set challenges.

UF/H!P is alway looking for a good balance in their groups.

So I don't think she will be added to any current group.

IMO 

They may give her some solo work here and there,

Or most likely build a new KSS group around her that includes Kirara, Kanami and Ruri.

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#1275 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:05 AM

Also people in 2ch/5ch already speculate her to join J=J, i will wait for the truth to be revealed, instead of assuming.
momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#1276 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:46 AM

the more i think about it (and read posts from this thread) the more i feel reirei might fit better in j=j....idk, i feel like she's more likely to join angerme since funakki's about to go but at the same time she'd definitely fit j=j's image more :/ but i still doubt she'll get a kss group though, the age difference between her and the other members would be awkward and ufp's already busy with byons so i don't see it happening tbh

#1277 JPope

JPope

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 300 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 09:03 AM

I have thoughts on this current discussion, and I wrote about it i my blog: http://jpopeonjpop.c...like-rei-inoue/

I agree with a lot of what's been said here.

#1278 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1650 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:06 PM

^^ I don't think the age difference is of concern though, if they decide to debut a group of KSS with her leading. Momoko lead a bunch of newbies in CG (the age difference between her and Risa is 5 years). Rei is only 18 and the next oldest KSS is 17, so she is only 1 year older. Given that CG and KF are gone/will be gone, there is budget for one more group I believe. So I do believe it's possible they may debut one more new group and Rei could possibly lead the group.

#1279 Nao-kun

Nao-kun

Seeding is Sexy

• Senpai
  • 5921 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:13 PM

Putting her in J=J is the most sensible option by far.

Going solo makes no sense (not a single ex H!P / 48G / Stardust idol has managed a lasting and successful solo career).

TF, MM and Angerme don't really need her.

No one remembers how many O's is the hot new thing, so not worth the risk of associating it with KF.

A new group? It would be stupid to take the focus away from how many O's so soon.

#1280 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:35 PM

^

5 Os, it's always 5.  No need to look down your nose at them by refusing to learn their name.  And if 5 Os is too much trouble for you, "Beyonds" is fine.

Also, you want to say, "No recent H!P soloists have made a lasting impression," because Matsuura Aya is still a legend in the industry.  Abe also managed like... 5 extra years or whatever, but I think we can call that "residual fans" more than just solo-power. Of course, there haven't really been any soloists in recent H!P history, so I guess it's not a real point...

TF, MM and Angerme don't really need her.

J=J does?  Can somebody explain this in terms that are not, "J=J members will graduate."  (I said it already, but J=J veteran graduations does not create a need for Inoue in J=J, any more than veteran grads in MM create a need for Inoue)  I do not believe J=J needs her. 

I do not believe any of the current groups need her.

If she was 2-3 years more experienced, I'd say Beyooooonds PM.  But where she is now? Difficult.

I think maybe the question has to become what will be good for Inoue.  Not that it makes the question easy, just that it seems to be the only question with moving parts.

Edited by Greyface, 12 January 2020 - 01:55 PM.

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users