• Please log in to reply
1412 replies to this topic

#1301 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:00 AM

You're arguing continuity; I'm arguing stability.

How many times did you quote me using the word continuity?  How many times did you say stability?  OK, whatever.  People talk past each other instead of to each other all the time.  It happens.

FWIW, I think "stability" is an imaginary problem.  I don't think it's a thing that many fans specifically, particularly desire.  All over the forums people talk about "excitement" of new members and new groups.  Graduations/Departures have their own specific negative effects, but it's not "stability" that is lost.

So... yes... adding more young members now will reduce the left:staying ratio of the putative demographic crisis.  But I don't think that's any kind of argument for using the word "need" much less "need Inoue."

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#1302 JPope

JPope

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 01:53 AM

How many times did you quote me using the word continuity?

Once. My bad, but fwiw, it's same number of times you responded to my use of the word "stability" with "continuity," so there's that.

This looks like a good point to quote Dave Mason: "There ain't no good guy, there ain't no bad guy. There's only you and me, and we just disagree."

#1303 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:59 PM

with mizuki's sudden graduation announcement, anyone think reirei has more of a chance of joining angerme? i was sure she'd join juice=juice, but now that there's 2 upcoming anju grads i'm not so sure lol ^^;

#1304 Jenksy

Jenksy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 662 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:24 PM

They still have auditions to go through as well but who knows since she's leaving just as Kobushi are graduating.

#1305 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:50 PM

Angerme had been hovering around 10-12 members. After Muro and Funa leaves, that'll put them down to 8. With how long some of the members have already been in the group, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a 4nin generation to push it back to 12 in preparation for more potential grad announcements. The application period for their audition ends in February, so it wouldn't be impossible for the audition to finish inside of April. Whether or not Rei is part of that gen remains to be seen, but it certainly looks much more likely now than it did yesterday.

#1306 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:00 PM

I would argue Angerme don't even really need an audition at this juncture. A smaller group would actually be refreshing and be an impetus for each member. Besides, when has a group ever needed more than a couple decent singers in a group to make a single work? (I'm looking at you Platinum Era and early J=J). Once the graduations are done, 5/8 of the members won't even be at 4 years. If they're worried about another couple graduations soon, I could see the audition for new members being needed, but I still argue the group doesn't need Reirei. I don't think any of the current ones do. 

Here's a thought: what if they create a new unit with and pull in a few older members from other groups and have them do concurrent stuff with Rei?

#1307 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 12:55 AM

With Muro from Anju announced sudden graduation, fans speculated that ReiRei actually already reserved to be Anju's new member. Considering her experience, and more importantly her skill (vocal & dance) to fill the gap left by Muro & Musubu (both are strong in vocal department).

So i guess the mystery is starting to become clear XD
momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#1308 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:33 AM

I mean both girls are graduating from their respective group at the end of March...

#1309 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1648 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:25 PM

Yup, now come to think of it, Angerme seems like the group they likely to place Rei in given the current situation with Angerme. Angerme needs a readily good vocalist to step in as we are not sure if we can get good vocalists via auditions. And I am not sure if there are any strong vocalist in the current KSS stable that can help. Plus Rei needs a place to go to, her chances of going solo is virtually nil.

@sukibeam: Please no more with the concurrency shit. I dare say it has burnt out/accelerated the graduation process for Yanamin and Musubu. And this has effectively "destroyed" Country Girls.

#1310 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 04:41 PM

^ Concurrency isn't the problem where Country Girls was concerned. Management having a change of heart once Momoko left, then members growing up and moving on has left us where we're at. Plenty of prior H!P members managed to be in multiple units concurrently with much success. Ishikawa was the poster child for this: being in MM, Tanpopo, and Country Musume at the same time, then also doing Biyuuden before graduating MM for it. Buono! was wildly successful. I don't see why they couldn't have Reirei do a semi-active group like that and fill in with solo work while tagging along someone else's tour doing Kobushi songs. W and Berryz managed 2 tours together, and W/Matsuura/Melon Kinenbi shared one. It's possible, management just have to be creative and have the conviction to stick with it.

#1311 gobzilla

gobzilla

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 577 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:41 PM

I want to believe that Rei is going to Anju, but sadly it makes too much sense for H!P to actually do it IMHO. The more I think about it, the more pessimistic I become, and now I believe that she'll end up in Aika-limbo. :/

#1312 mie-chan

mie-chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 03:26 AM

I think she would be better at musume.

#1313 Lotty

Lotty

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 431 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 10:13 PM

With the news maybe she joins juice? with her vocal ability it would fit...

#1314 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1648 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:52 AM

The funny thing is Angerme and J=J are losing members that are considered strong singers, so Rei could go either group. The only thing is Angerme has an audition, but J=J does not have.

With Karin gone, J=J will be down to 7, which is still a good number ever since they added members.

But considering the seniority/tenure of the members in J=J, I think it's best to get her to join J=J just to prepare impending graduations for the next 2-3 years so as to stabilize the group.

#1315 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:11 AM

Same, Japanese fans already predict Rei will be an "ultimate weapon" either for Anju or JJ.
momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#1316 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 02:36 PM

Oooo this is getting interesting, are we making bets? If so my bet is on Ju=Ju.

#1317 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:07 PM

i was thinking anju at first, but i'm betting j=j now lol

#1318 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1648 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:51 AM

I think with the looks like it, it would make more sense to send Rei to J=J since J=J is all about great vocals/dancing or all-round performer image, which Rei would fit in the bill. Plus she would be able to keep her purple member colour since Karin's member colour is purple. Angerme is known as a crazy and fun group, Rei doesn't really fit the bill. So getting brand new members from open audition for Angerme would make more sense as I believe it will be relatively easier for these inexperienced newbies to adapt in Angerme due to the more inclusive environment as compared to J=J and MM.

#1319 Kumi-chan

Kumi-chan

Aiolia's wife

• Senpai
  • 1227 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 03:38 PM

Risa, Ayaka and Rei FanClub event on March 12.

http://www.up-fc.jp/...fo.php?id=15261

The NGP girls   :(

~Peacefuldays

K-A-T-T-U-N, K-A-T-T-U-N

Yes, we wish mata ashita mo yasashii hi ga noboru you ni~

#1320 KABTX

KABTX

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 361 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 04:03 PM

Part 1 of an interview with Rei about her experiences in Kobushi Factory.

https://wanibooks-ne.../articles/-/359

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users