• Please log in to reply
1412 replies to this topic

#1281 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:05 PM

Things started to get hot here XD one thing i agree with GreyFace, JJ is not a "wasted bin" for older members. Manaka case was exceptional (we can talk about it on separate board), but the graduation of Yanamin and Yuka got replaced by fresh members shortly.

What i mean, after JJ became "generational" group, they added new, fresh member (Ruru, Yume, Riai), with 2-substitute members.
momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#1282 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:26 PM

MM- Is absolutely fine in terms of members and their newest additions are already gaining a lot of love. They are popular, will remain popular, have no real need for new members atm. Reirei initially auditioned for them and loves the group, which might give them some reason to put her here.

Ang-  Members have been graduating one after another and Funakki, who is very popular, leaving will impact their popularity even more. Although their latest single sales have been fantastic due to a laaaaarge number of events, they will still struggle to attract enough customers to larger concerts once Funakki leaves (new members not that popular). CDs are bought in the dozens, even hundreds by the same people; this strategy won't work for lives. Reirei also has a low voice and can grunt so she's a good fit for Funakki's lines and Angerme's more rock/high energy music style. Also, Angerme has a lack of good singers in general so they could really use her. Could see them announcing no winners for the auditions and putting in Rei, or maybe both the winner and her.

JJ- Has plenty of good singers at the moment and a lot of members vying for one's popularity. Although the new members have not given them the boost of popularity the agency might have hoped for, they are fine at the moment. This is unless some of the older members will graduate soon, in which case they'd definitely need Reirei's singing to fill those shoes...as they're big to fill. I don't really see more than 1 leaving any time soon, though. Hopefully it stays like this.

Tsub- Although Reirei gets along the most with this group's members, she does not really fit their girly and flowery style. Her rock voice would not see much use and there is too much of a difference in tone here. Unless the agency has big plans for Tsubaki in the upcoming future, I expect them to manage them and keep them as they are for the foreseen future.

BY- This'd be weird on too many levels. On top of being a kouhai group, they have tons of members, are enjoying a great deal of popularity, do not fit her style, and there is absolutely no reason to add members to them at this point.

So yeah, I think Ang would benefit most from her addition.

#1283 gobzilla

gobzilla

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 577 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:29 PM

Rei can beatbox though, which sounds like a "special talent" a la Only3. Not saying I want this to happen (piano + beatbox sounds like a weird combo), but like comeone said, H!P always finds creative ways to disappoint.

#1284 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 02:17 AM

Adding to the topic of H!P "never" having had a successful soloist. Mano Erina was never a cash cow, but her singles sold decently and I cost less to make than promoting a whole new group would. She has also had one of the more successful careers outside of h!p as far as other recent OGs have gone (including ones that were much more popular than her). I think Inoue could easily match her success, and has a better voice and an aura that I think would be more appealing new fans than Mano was (she was always one of my faves, but I got the impression from other h!p fans that most were lukewarm about her)

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#1285 Jenksy

Jenksy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 662 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 02:52 AM

I think if anyone is going to become a soloist it will be Karin. It seems that she has already been prepping for it even. It's possible that Rei could replace her in J=J for that purpose alone.

#1286 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:06 AM

For what purpose? Their voice and character are about 95% different. Their position within their groups is 100% different. Their appearance is different. Their fan base is different. Their skills and accumulated knowledge are different.

They are both H!P idols assigned purplish colors... and I guess all girls between 18 and 21 are basically interchangeable... [/sarc

"Inoue can't really make it on her own as a soloist, so she we have to find a place for her in a group; she's a good fit to fill a gap left by somebody who leaves to become a soloist."  :c11:

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#1287 Jenksy

Jenksy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 662 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:24 AM

I mean just to replace her as a group member in general.

#1288 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:53 AM

Oh.  Sorry for half-exploding.  Obviously I have opinions on the topic.   :whistle:

My personal opinion is that 8 members is not a magic number.  Or even a particularly good one.

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#1289 JPope

JPope

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 300 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 06:31 AM

"J=J does?  Can somebody explain this in terms that are not, 'J=J members will graduate.'"

Why? That is the reason that J=J would need Rei more than any other group. Because more of their members are reaching the age where idols either decide to move on with their lives or the company asks them "have you started to think about what you want to do after you graduate?" *nudge-nudge-wink-wink* 

Tomoko turns 25 in July, Sayuki 23 in April, Manaka 23 in December, and Karin is already giving vibes of having goals beyond J=J. History suggests that at least two of them will leave over the next couple of years, and Rei would give them stability in the event Riai or Yume don't improve to the current standard of the group. And even if no one leaves in the next two years, Rei would still improve the group and wouldn't waste any of her prime years waiting for a new group to be formed around her or spinning her wheels as a soloist.

The question of "need" is moot to me, because Rei has to go somewhere in H!P. The real question is what place makes the most sense for maximizing her high level of talent given her age and the state of the other groups, both now and in the near term. To me, adding her to J=J or Angerme makes the most sense, and of those two, J=J is my preference. 

#1290 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:11 AM

^
If half the group slides out the door in the next two years, an experienced newbie will not change the lack of continuity. And if you’re unconcerned about continuity, there’s no reason Matsunaga, Kudo, Danbara, and Uemura couldn’t do THEIR own thing. Inoue does not actually help this putative demographic crisis.

That said, I already agreed the question is: where Inoue will do well, not where she is “needed.” I have no problem with you preferring that she enter J=J. [edit to add: of course nobody cares what I have a problem with. What I meant is more like “what I’m arguing about/over”] I have a problem with shallow analysis of J=J’s current situation. There is some stuff being regarded as common sense which is, in fact, nonsense.

#1291 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2325 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:32 PM

Don't ever expect Tako-chan and Waffle-chan not to improve to the standard of J=J. Right now they alone could kick Uemu to the 7th place in terms of singing and performing despite being new members. However, this doesn't change my opinion that throwing Reirei to J=J is the best situation right now. Her style doesn't suit Tsubaki Factory. Angerme has audition now, so she can't be there. Throwing her into BEYOOOONDS would be the most ridiculous things. MM has no future for her, even Chii-chan is suppressed to the point of having almost no lines in one song up until now. Rei going solo? Hahaha, even if Ayaya, Nacchi, Sayu and Airi have decent solo career, I don't see that in her. If UFP decides that she goes solo, I expect that she graduates from H!P in just a year.

Also, I think it's not like that J=J needs her, it's just that J=J is the only suitable place for her if she wants to keep being in H!P. In case members like Tomo, Sayubee and Karin graduate, her addition will be the best back-up plan.

P/S: Establishing new group is also a possibility. However, since BEYOOOONDS was created a year ago, I don't know if UFP really wants to create another group. They may do so in case they want to debut Kirara, Natsume, Kanami and some of new KSS members. Chance of this happening: 50% IMO.

#1292 Blackmallow

Blackmallow

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 589 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:26 PM

I would create a new group. Is HP shameless enough to create a kawaii metal band?

edit: shameless is too strong a word, Let me phrase it in another way. Would HP consider a kawaii metal band below their standards, as it has been copied by other agencies before?

#1293 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1637 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:20 AM

As I mentioned before, with CG and KF gone, the management will have free up budget/funds to cater for another new group.

I wouldn't be surprised if she be made to lead the new KSS group that was created recently.

I know some of you all mentioned that creating a new group so quickly may take away Beyooooonds' focus. I don't think so.

I can see the management let Rei be in the limbo for a while (like what they did to Manaka/Ic. Reina), let her do some solo songs here and there in concerts.

And bam, let her lead the group in second half of the year, release the single in 3rd quarter so the group can be nominated for the Best Newcomer award.

#1294 JPope

JPope

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:16 AM

"If half the group slides out the door in the next two years, an experienced newbie will not change the lack of continuity."

It won't if they have an experienced, talented idol like Rei in place to establish herself for two years before the last of them leaves. At a minimum, it softens the blow.

#1295 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:23 AM

^

That does not make any sense.  At all. 

Adding a new person several months in the future does not add more continuity to a history she was not part of, and has less connection to the putative transition period than the 4 members who are already in the group and not part of the putative demographic crisis.

#1296 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 12:12 PM

Just to calm down for a while,

It seems the leader approved?? XD XD
Inoue%20Rei,%20Takeuchi%20Akari-898418.j
momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#1297 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4355 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:06 PM

Big thanks to @ainogundan

Reirei: "After Kobushi Factory breaks up, I'll be staying in H!P, but I don't even know what I'll be doing yet. Just like you, I'm waiting and I'm excited to know. No matter what, it'd be nice to have your support!"

https://twitter.com/...837748750635016

My worst-case scenario is that her "staying in H!P" is going to be the same as Mitsui Aika.

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#1298 JPope

JPope

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 300 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 05:58 PM

"That does not make any sense.  At all. 

Adding a new person several months in the future does not add more continuity to a history she was not part of, and has less connection to the putative transition period than the 4 members who are already in the group and not part of the putative demographic crisis."

You're arguing continuity; I'm arguing stability. 

#1299 Doraleous

Doraleous

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:07 PM

^I didn't understand anything.

Kenshuusei is where it's at, debut these stars in the making already.

#1300 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 11:41 PM

^^^ Same. Or maybe like Manaka when she was in limbo between coming back from her hiatus and being put into Juice=Juice.

Then they'd put her into H!P concert units but that's about it.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users