1412 replies to this topic

#1241 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:35 AM

^
Broadly speaking, if it’s on Odyssey, it’s because the agency wanted to do it (and their reasons are complicated and interlocking and not necessarily about making a product that will move in general, and more about fans and members feelings) and if it’s on Wani it’s because a publisher thought it would turn a profit (and to turn a profit you have to appeal to to viewers)
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#1242 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:16 PM

ReiRei's solo a capella version of Tanpopo's "You and I and I and You."

#1243 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:31 AM

井上玲音(こぶしファクトリー)セカンド写真集「燿 ~You make me~」発売決定!!55

#1244 EzioNG

EzioNG

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 06:18 PM

Most beautiful Kobushi member ever

Attached Files

#1245 Jenksy

Jenksy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 662 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 08:00 PM

Maybe she will get put into another group, maybe she will go solo. Whatever happens hopefully she will have more success.
I can see her being put into Juice=Juice

#1246 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 08:40 PM

I've got a little bit of survivor's guilt over others losing their own Kobushi oshi members, but I can't help but be really happy that ReiRei is staying with H!P after the group disbands. I've speculated elsewhere on some possibilities, but I'd honestly be happy regardless of where she lands so long as she still gets to perform and release new songs.

That said, it just seems hard to imagine ReiRei being placed in an existing group. We've had other examples like Manakan being put into a group where she's more senior than other members, and ReiRei would certainly be more senior than *most* H!P members at this point, including the entirety of BEYOOOOONDS. The most likely outcome that I see is more of a Momochi situation. It may be as a third named group inside of BEYOOOOONDS or existing separately outside of the blob, but I could easily see ReiRei leading a group of newbies plucked from the KSS, the KSS senbatsu unit itself, or selected from the upcoming Angerme audition.

As much as I would like to see H!P put actual effort into a soloist again, that seems even less likely than placing her into an existing group. The only way I could even remotely see that happening is if they shuffle one of their senior songwriters over as a dedicated producer or pull in Maro to test out her ability to produce with only one person's career on the line. I just hope they don't leave her sitting idly as her contract runs out over the next 3 years the way they have others in the past.

#1247 Doraleous

Doraleous

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 08:47 PM

I'm hands-clapping cheeks-grinning excited to see where she's gonna land.

Kenshuusei is where it's at, debut these stars in the making already.

#1248 JPope

JPope

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 300 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 08:54 PM

She needs to be added to Angerme the moment she steps off the stage on March 30th. Hell, I'd have her practicing with them on a part-time basis starting now just to make the transition smoother. J=J is the only other group that would make sense for her, but Angerme needs her more.

#1249 Jenksy

Jenksy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 662 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 08:59 PM

^^^
Maybe she will lead the new Country Girls reboot? XD;

#1250 JPope

JPope

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 300 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:18 PM

Wait, Tomoko is a near-certainty to graduate this year, and Karin is looking like she's ready to go, too. With that in mind, I'm leaning more toward Juice=Juice as the best landing spot for both Rei and H!P in general.

#1251 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:38 PM

^^oof, that would hurt

They'd probably want it to be a completely new named group rather than a CG reboot so that they could win the best new act award again, as BEYOOOOONDS just did. From memory, the reason CG wasn't nominated was because it was considered a continuation of Country Musume. That's also why I think it would be outside of BEYOOOOONDS if it ends up being a new group since I don't think a subgroup of the boonies would be eligible. If they do form a new group though, I'd be surprised if their first single releases before January 2021 though, because they might not feel like they'd have enough time to win it if they only have from March until December to add members, organize, promote, and release everything. This is of course working outside of the ongoing conspiracy theory that UF is rigging those results  :c18:

I could see them really using a new group for hype and drama though, something to air on harosute and to do special announcement episodes to get people hyped for it the way they did group additions and with beyooooonds between 2017 through last year. Considering ReiRei probably only has ~5 years left at most in her idol career, I'd hate to see 9 months of it eaten up in promotion stunts, but I guess she'd also be pretty excited by all of it as well if she had a front row seat to the formation of her own new group.

I do think that Angerme is pretty much the best fit for her if she were added to an existing group. The lack of any real hierarchy in Angerme and everyone being on equal footing is the best solution to ReiRei being so senior to most of H!P, and nobody short of Fukumura has more H!P seniority than Take-chan. That'd balance things out and give ReiRei a chance to continue to shine without having to reconfigure herself into a senpai-kohai structure, especially with some in J=J also possibly being on graduation's doorstep and things getting messy while already having Manaka between kouhai gens. I'm just still wary of the option of putting her in Angerme because they already have so many members along with an upcoming audition. Putting her into an entirely new group just makes more sense to me because it would be more like a continuation of her identity rather than as much like a change in identity for her, the way things were with Momochi. Plus, it helps to save a lot of talented KSS from dropping out of the program  :w00t:

I'm still kind of partial to the idea of Maro writing a lot of songs for ReiRei though, whether it's for a new group or with ReiRei as a soloist.

#1252 gobzilla

gobzilla

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 577 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 11:08 PM

I'm glad she's staying around, and I hope she stays active and doesn't become a second Aika where she sits around and does nothing.

#1253 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:15 AM

Thinking about it, if there will be a new group we may know sooner rather than later. If the disbandment has been planned long enough since last year to have dates for the last single and finale venue, then they've probably also had plenty of time to think of how they want to approach ReiRei's career. Since the disbandment happens the day before the new fiscal year, they'll probably want to be on top of the contracts for any KSS if there's a new group. There could reasonably be a fully assembled new group before the finale happens with little to no downtime before they start doing teases and hyping the new group in time to release for that best new act nomination.

#1254 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:29 AM

I'd prefer a solo career, I know h!p doesn't really seem interested in trying that anymore, cus bigger groups bring in bigger profits, but I think she could release some really good songs as a soloist. 

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#1255 JPope

JPope

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 300 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 06:18 AM

Rei is 18, with no real presence or major fan base of her own even within H!P, so making her a soloist would likely doom her to a life of sub-15K sales and being the warm-up act for H!P groups for the rest of her career.

Conversely, as an experienced idol Rei could play an important role in a group almost immediately. Like Fallacia, I'd hate to see her tasked with the time and effort of building a new group from scratch, and wasting her precious prime years doing so. Angerme just lost three members in the span of seven months, and J=J's heading toward a similar place. Either one of those groups would improve with Rei, and joining either would be the best possible outcome for her.

#1256 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 07:28 AM

i think she will most likely be put in a group, but^ she is indeed a really popumar member. Selling 10k as a solo artist is an achievement indeed, so she will do good regardless.

#1257 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 10:13 AM

i feel like she's most likely to be placed in angerme. funakki's about to graduate soon, so her spot could definitely be filled by reirei. but idk, i don't really see her fitting in with angerme's vibe? imo she'd fit better in j=j, but angerme needs her more.

i like the idea of a new group for her, but tbh i think ufp's focused on beyooooonds right now and probably doesn't want to worry about promoting another new group alongside them. and she could go solo, but yeah there's the issue of if she'd even be successful/profitable enough to sustain her career. idk, it's all speculation lol

#1258 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:59 PM

I don't think Anju needs her... they currently have plenty of new, younger blood, in addition to an upcoming audition. I also don't feel like she would suit their modus operandi. Of the other options:

• New group with KSS - I don't feel like this will happen due to the age gap between her and likely débutées. Saito Madoka is the next closest in age, being 15 months younger. Then Hiromoto Ruri is 2 years younger. H!P seems to like new groups to have similarly aged members. Ichioka and Takase are only 1 month apart, being the eldest in Beyooooonds. Then they threw in Hirai, who's within a year of them. Just saying - there's no one close to her age in the KSS pool.
  • Joining an existing group: MM is set for another year or so with new members. I already expressed my thoughts on Anju above. I doubt they'd just throw her in rival group Tsubaki at this point. Beyooooonds is already large and establishing their own shtick that doesn't feel like it would fit Reirei. She'd also be the only member of her age. J=J really feels like the best place, if management goes this route. They will need more members as 1st gen phases out, they are the most vocally-geared group, they've already played with seniority by throwing in Inaba, and she'd have Danbara as a similar age.
  • Going solo - I would enjoy this and feel like she could do a really great job. She has the vocal chops Mano never quite developed (though I enjoyed her sound immensely) but has the same work ethic, and is sooooo much better than Koharu at singing, so I feel like it would be a worthwhile investment. Yeah, it's almost guaranteed she won't sell like Ayaya did, but the Kobushi discography could live on and she could do a joint tour with a new KSS unit to build her own fan base.

#1259 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 06:15 PM

I am really happy Reirei is staying in H!P, she is my favorite Kobushi member and one of my favorite H!P idols overall.

That said, I fear that she is going to have a tough time. She is a strong and resilient girl, but staying in H!P could go either way. She could end up sitting around and doing nothing like Aika and Riho, join a different group like Manaka, or lead a new group like Momochi did. Then there is also an option of being a soloist, which is very unlikely considering H!P doesn't do soloists anymore. So yeah, I don't know...

Anyway, I am glad she is staying in H!P, so I'll just try to be optimistic and hope for the best outcome.

I8dtEOy.gif

#1260 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 07:44 PM

I agree with JPope. If Tomoko and Karin have a sign to graduate, Reirei is the perfect addition to J=J, since she is among top H!P vocalists.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users