240 replies to this topic

#1 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:27 AM

KPOP GIRL GROUPS THREAD!

Basically the same thread as the "Kpop Boy Groups Thread" but for girls. The KPOP girl groups need more love~ 

Here is a space where you can talk about any KPOP Girl group that is currently active! 

Note, if the group is popular enough to have their own thread (for example, SNSD/Girls Generation), discussions relating to that group's activities and their members would be better off being posted in their own threads. Smaller, lesser known, rookie groups can be spoken about here.

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#2 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:35 AM

To be fair, I was going to make a girl groups thread too but... the older I get the more I prefer the boys lol. ESPECIALLY when it comes to choreo. There's only a few girl groups still actively holding my interest these days.

Laboum are great, though.

#3 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:02 AM

I've pretty much detached myself from Kpop loooong ago although I'm still caught up with news.

Crayon Pop's the only girl group who's giving me a gleam of hope...

#4 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:06 AM

I just thought people may be interested in the girl groups too XD 

Woolim's new group debuted recently, they're in the same company as Infinite and Nell ^_^

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#5 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:07 AM

I've pretty much detached myself from Kpop loooong ago although I'm still caught up with news.

You can do and deserve better than Crayon Pop. At least follow their sister group, Bob Girls.

#6 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:15 AM

You can do and deserve better than Crayon Pop. At least follow their sister group, Bob Girls.

nah bob girls suxxxx

Here were the girl groups I stanned

SNSD - believed in OT9forever, loved their "idol"music

Reasonforleavingfandom: - Jessica basically kicked out (fave member), music since 2011 disliked, barely in variety shows too

KARA - amazing music, amazing girls

RLF: Nicole and Jiyoung left (fave members)

2NE1 - I loooooove them but they release like 1 album per year and barely active in variety

SECRET - they're amazing but very inactive

#7 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:40 AM

I wouldn't expect anything from 2ne1 soon. They're not even participating in the year end stuff thanks to Bom's scandal. I'm honestly expecting them to disband sometime in the somewhat near future and everyone but CL will fade away (not that the public is really here for her solo music anyway).

#8 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:45 AM

I wouldn't expect anything from 2ne1 soon. They're not even participating in the year end stuff thanks to Bom's scandal. I'm honestly expecting them to disband sometime in the somewhat near future and everyone but CL will fade away (not that the public is really here for her solo music anyway).

The forum that I go to says 2NE1 might have a future like Destiny's Child.

CL will be the Beyonce who becomes successful byherself while the rest fade out.

Plus due to Bom's scandal, it greatly affected YG and 2NE1's image soooooo 2NE1's future is looking a little dim...

#9 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:10 AM

Eh, I don't know. I know for sure that Minzy, Bom, and Dara won't have amazing careers post 2ne1. But CL's solo stuff really doesn't do as well as you'd expect, so I'm not sure what would happen to her either.

#10 ✮DanDan✮

✮DanDan✮

Too kawaii to live too kakkoii to die (⌐■_■)

• Senpai
  • 829 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:09 AM

Well, CL is supposed to debut in America next year, but this is YG we're talking about. But yeah there's a 50/50 chance that CL might become successful as a solo artist I mean there's nothing to say she couldn't become big. 

I love Lovelyz debut so much I really do. There are a lot of girl groups I stan, Spica, T-ara, BEG and Secret being my top ones. I also really like AOA, and Mamamoo and Purfles (don't know what the company was thinking with that name tbh) are really good rookies this year. I was also cheering on Kiss and Cry but they disbanded quickly though they had hella good vocals. Laboum is definitely on my to watch list ^^. 

Posted Image
~Thank you Sprinklebuns for my Siggy You are the awesomest~

#11 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:11 AM

I liked AOA when they were doing like a rock concept. Nowadays they're just Girls'Day clones

#12 ✮DanDan✮

✮DanDan✮

• Senpai
  • 829 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:20 AM

I'm just angry at FNC they really need to stop using Brave Bros for AOA they've used them for their past 4 comebacks. Not to mention I feel second-hand embarrassment for AOA when I see them dance Like A Cat because they can dance to a higher standard than that. At least Like a Cat doesn't sound like their past comebacks. I'm just hoping that these are filler songs and that they're gonna release a full album with songs written and composed by the members, with a little help of course. 

Posted Image

#13 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:26 AM

I liked AOA when they were doing like a rock concept. Nowadays they're just Girls'Day clones

They've said that the band will come back once it gains popularity. I took that as a subtle way of saying 'never'.

My friend got to see a bunch of kpop acts on Inkigayo back in the summer. She said Girls' Day were gorgeous.

#14 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:33 AM

They've said that the band will come back once it gains popularity. I took that as a subtle way of saying 'never'.

My friend got to see a bunch of kpop acts on Inkigayo back in the summer. She said Girls' Day were gorgeous.

Im sure they are.

I thought if I see idols in real life I'd be overwhelmed.

I saw SNSD at K-CON last year and they just looked normal LOL

I'm just angry at FNC they really need to stop using Brave Bros for AOA they've used them for their past 4 comebacks. Not to mention I feel second-hand embarrassment for AOA when I see them dance Like A Cat because they can dance to a higher standard than that. At least Like a Cat doesn't sound like their past comebacks. I'm just hoping that these are filler songs and that they're gonna release a full album with songs written and composed by the members, with a little help of course. 

Yonghwa should write for them

#15 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:38 AM

CNBlue actually don't write most of their Korean material. It's only in Japan that they're given the freedom to do so.

My friend also saw Sistar, who she said weren't pretty at all compared to Girls Day. Hyuna was there (I LOVE Hyuna) and my friend said she looked amazing too. She also some new soloist called Heyne (same company as new group Plurfles or whatever they're called) and that she was awful. I can't remember who else she saw right now.

tbh AOA probably don't care. I have a friend who stans them and said that they like the sexy concepts because they think it'll make them more popular lol. That's pretty much all they want.

#16 ✮DanDan✮

✮DanDan✮

• Senpai
  • 829 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:49 AM

IDK I bet FNC just wants to keep AOA in the public eye I just want something like Elvis or Get Out again 

Hyuna is amazing. Red was amazing, Blacklist with LE is one of my favorite songs. Hyuna's solo stuff always seems to be pretty cool.

I want to be Sojin when I grow up tbh. She started out studying mechanical engineering and bumped into a sound engineer and became an idol. Plus she's amazingly gorgeous *^*. 

Posted Image

#17 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:29 AM

Apparently leaked audio of SM new girl group

#18 Tyzer

Tyzer

♥Kaori & Sayu♥

• Senpai
  • 4277 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

Me and K-pop has become an on and off thing in the last 2 years. After Wonder Girls basically went on their "hiatus" (despite Sohee leaving) I lost interest. Plus almost every release after 2011 went through some weird dance music craze.

The only girl group I pretty much follow now is After School and Orange Caramel. Occassionally keep up to date with recent releases from other girl groups, but After School are pretty much the group I exclusively follow.

It's kinda hard to follow a group though when the only girls doing anything are OC.

Yes, they have been amazing this year but where is Jooyeon? I just want to see Jooyeon lmao <3

rdLAFtW.png
♥ 飯田圭織 | 道重さゆみ | 高地優吾 | 伊野尾慧 | 中村優一 | 瀬戸康史 | 篠田麻里子 | 小嶋陽菜 ♥
 Graphics - Tumblr - Livejournal - Set by Me

#19 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:17 PM

The forum that I go to says 2NE1 might have a future like Destiny's Child.

CL will be the Beyonce who becomes successful byherself while the rest fade out.

Plus due to Bom's scandal, it greatly affected YG and 2NE1's image soooooo 2NE1's future is looking a little dim...

C'mon, guys! A little bit more optimism, woo!

...No, seriously this is my worst nightmare right now ^^;

Anyway, I used to be a big WG fan. Unfortunately, they're never coming back on a hiatus. I like Sunmi's and YeEun's solo work, though, so that's some kind of consolation. Right now I'm mostly into 2NE1, KARA, and Red Velvet. And I also like Brown Eyed Girls and Sistar.

I don't particularly care for GG. Their music is nice but I've never been able to get into their members, and I've known them since 2009. I cannot stand Hyuna, her voice makes me cringe.

YG's upcoming girl group looks very interesting. I have a hunch they'll be debuting in 2015 with 2NE1 remaining off-radar for a while.

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#20 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:22 PM

That girl group was supposed to debut in 2012 if you can believe that. And then this month. They've dropped the ball hard on them. I can't believe the mess that is Ikon are coming up first.

I'm sorry that you can find no love in your heart for Hyuna the Queen of Kpop :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users