Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:41 AM

Omg, thank you for this clarification ^^;

#2582 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:18 AM

^^ That's good to know. However I can't even access the game anymore :/ it closes as soon as it's done loading.

/edit: time to go back to vpn programs. They work.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#2583 jeiwa42

jeiwa42

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 509 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:35 PM

Oh wow, that's crazy, they actually stopped non-Japan people from playing.

I guess it's a good thing this happened when I stopped playing the game (stopped last month).  There might've been a chance I would've picked it up again but at least now I have a reason not to, and I guess that's also a good thing since whenever I play this, I play it super religiously lol

#2584 Mezu

Mezu

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 262 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:54 PM

Hmm  i have that screen every time i start the game, but only for split second and after that game starts normally.

誠心誠意

#2585 InvisToumei

InvisToumei

Hawaii Hopeful!

• Senpai
  • 3998 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:30 AM

I just got word that it's probably for the best that they forced most foreign people to stop playing.

Recent changes started out interesting, they made most songs 1 color notes only. So a song that was "primarily" one color before is now ALL that color, totally shifting the point scale for you to have mono colors for EVERY possible situation. It can mess up your scores a little bit but I think people coulda handled that

THEN this last update, I heard they just upped the score yield, Old SS scores are now around A rank, and new S rank is 2 times that, and SS rank is !4.5! times the old SS scores value. With those two situations tied together I don't think any f2p person could ever get SS on EX songs anymore.

So take that as a sign that perhaps it was for the best that foreigners aren't suppose to play it anymore. Because that's just ridiculous lol.

bbDfxqh.jpg
*It's complete but I still haven't taken pictures yet.... the slothhhhhh!" "Life needs more Sayu"
-Sayu, Gaki, Aika, Fukuchan, Iikubo Blog Translator-The Nantonaku Translations Substitute Leader - -~LDK Random Subs~--

#2586 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:16 PM

To be honest they make it utterly ridiculous and it's very obvious they're only trying to get people to buy Star Stones. Events last around 3-4 days now, the prize is usually a cheap real photo card that can be done in a minute in photoshop and new real drawn cards are incredibly hard to get - as they are LE or UR cards. They add around 4-5 other drawn cards a month but you can only get them theough a special gacha that gives you 3 cards for 10 Star Stones - and then you can still get all old (and lousy) cards lol.

I rarely play anymore, just updating the wiki.

VKnn8U2.png

#2587 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:23 PM

^
Like any F2P they do want people to spend money... but they also upped the free stones available with the new weekly quest system. Every full-perfect out of the 5 songs for the week are worth one complete stone.

But that doesn't necessarily make you want to play if you don't want to play...

And the new scoring system sets up a SUPERDUPER elite but actually flattens everything under that.
Spoiler

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#2588 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:47 PM

I actually agree with you, especially that every F2P game wants you to spend money (and hey it's absolutely ok, the game itself is free so they need another source of money), but I think that you don't really get much in exchange for the money. And yeah it's easier to get Star Stones nowadays - I got around 100 Star Stones for what you mentioned, but when I used them I got exactly 2 SSR Kai cards and everything else was SSR cards. Incredibly frustrating. Not even a GR card, no VR. Of course no UR or even LE card. 

The NEXT mode is pretty bad imo, but I think making songs generally one colour is okay. My yellow team sucks, but my blue team is actually quite good (with two GR cards and everything else being SSR Kai cards). 

They just add so much fodder, that's what I mean. So many useless SSR cards. And the good cards are really, really rare.

(Remember when we all were happy when we got SR cards? Ah, the days... long before SSR Kai, GR, VR, UR or even LE cards...)

VKnn8U2.png

#2589 InvisToumei

InvisToumei

Hawaii Hopeful!

• Senpai
  • 3998 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:59 AM

It's the high turnover rate that's part of the problem I imagine, instead of investing in a kind of rotational system so that older cards still have a reason to be, they tried to rotate cards out for new ones quickly. Now that they've changed to this mono-color super high score system everyone is kind of undercut by that system while trying to keep up with the monthly bonus point system.

Next mode was interesting but I'm almost certain the detection is not consistent from device to device, which makes doing well in that mode hard.

The new EX difficulty is hard, as a f2p player who never got LEs I know my teams could never do it. URs weren't the same colors (I never got an yellow URs) and the URs are needed to initiate uniform skills for the limited cards I had.

I'm not saying it's totally impossible. But with so many cards that are "trash" because they aren't consistent, it's a challenge that regular players are having trouble with.

I've heard things like, "I'm top 3 in a song but only got a B, who can get SS" and "Even with UR.VRs it hits S" 

bbDfxqh.jpg
*It's complete but I still haven't taken pictures yet.... the slothhhhhh!" "Life needs more Sayu"
-Sayu, Gaki, Aika, Fukuchan, Iikubo Blog Translator-The Nantonaku Translations Substitute Leader - -~LDK Random Subs~--

#2590 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:19 AM

^
^
The hit rate on good cards is so low, that it really discourages me from paying money. The monthly special effect gacha is probably the only thing worth money, but only if you spend early in the month, to set yourself up for the TokuToku, and you're lucky enough that you don't get undercut that month by something like the surprise return of °C-ute's LEs +1000%...
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#2591 Nakari

Nakari

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 779 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 03:22 AM

I just go 109 star stones and I'm not sure what to do with my life.

tumblr_nrywleOAkq1so07v9o1_500.jpg

By: Me

#2592 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 03:57 PM

Hmm, is the special °C-ute gacha still going on? I thought it looked like a good deal. 10 (!) LE cards (the normal ones and the signed ones), several URs (also normal and signed ones) as well as the VR and GR cards. I think there were as many GR cards as SR cards in the gacha (though the drop rate for the SRs was much higher of course). But in general, LE possibility over 1% didn't look that bad. 

However it's not save lol. I did it with my last 50 star stones and only got SR and SSR cards. I feel like goddess Fortuna really wants me to stop playing this game.

VKnn8U2.png

#2593 CAKE

CAKE

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 11:53 AM

Wow. I've played this game at launch and got back to it now just to play some songs, not giving a f*** about scores and all... but my gamer side eagers to use all of the different "points" I get at the lives. I want to know what the letters in the cards mean.
But when I tried to find some info in english the wiki is dead, and this topic also seems dead lol

Guess I'll keep on playing very casually then XD

sain.jpg

#2594 Nakari

Nakari

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 779 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:18 AM

I just pulled a Kana UR and I’m probably the happiest person out there

tumblr_nrywleOAkq1so07v9o1_500.jpg

By: Me

1 user(s) are reading this topic