• Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#1761 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:55 AM

Like I said, it was a standard and not well made lie about the reason. You can totally tell by the way the scene unfolds.

#1762 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:09 AM

I have to say I agree with core2quad, her mother leads her around. It is what it is though.

And I also feel like she's testing the waters to see what potential fanbase she still has.

#1763 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:33 AM

With her mother having past experience in the industry, even if the rumors about sour contract negotiations end up being true, Uta would still likely look towards her for more guidance than even most girls would of their mothers.  Uta's own brief idol career may not have lasted long, but she did amass quite a few fans for the niche that Country Girls filled before her departure.  Whether it's of her own design or with the guidance of her mother, she could still have a very lucrative attempt as an online influencer just based on her past fame.  Any attempts at an official comeback in the meantime would only further strengthen her financial security in the future.

#1764 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:14 AM

Yes, it's true that her mother's previous experience allows her a higher degree of knowledge in guiding Utachan's future in the public eye. I hope she makes wise and sensible decisions for her.

I wouldn't be surprised if agencies haven't already been trying to engage her, that she has a fanbase shouldn't be in doubt.

#1765 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:42 PM

I likee the theory of them testing the waters with the fanbase. It makes sense regarding Uta's not so certain answers about her career plans. It's hard to get into the business without an agency though and I fear that despite her mother having experience some self-produced idol life won't work as well. She could easily start as influencer, keep contact to Miya and maybe get into the fashion scene.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#1766 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:34 PM

I'd love to see Miya take her under her wing.

She seems genuinely humble/shocked by her own appeal.

She doesn't seem to realize she's achieved an almost goddess-like status. :D

#1767 RenaiRider

RenaiRider

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:39 PM

Did she say what made her do a live stream? Was wondering if maybe it has something to do with her being 18 or something else.

#1768 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:03 PM

As was indicated, the whole getting-on-Instagram is possibly a prequel to returning to showbiz since this is her last year of high school.

I think I read on 2ch that 5000 to 5500 watched her Insta live. That particular thread talked about Uta having a boyfriend, if that made her tainted goods, possibly joining Kobushi Factory or Pink Cres. (since one didn't have to be pure to join them--lol)

#1769 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:38 PM

I'd be 100% fine with that precedent, even though there's a 0% chance of it happening.

#1770 chisafan

chisafan

Chiitan's Spaghetti Chef

• Senpai
  • 722 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 01:51 AM

As was indicated, the whole getting-on-Instagram is possibly a prequel to returning to showbiz since this is her last year of high school.

I think I read on 2ch that 5000 to 5500 watched her Insta live. That particular thread talked about Uta having a boyfriend, if that made her tainted goods, possibly joining Kobushi Factory or Pink Cres. (since one didn't have to be pure to join them--lol)

LOL ^_^

Yes, one has to wonder what Utachan has been up to during her hiatus. Is she now a bona fide Uta-hime? ;)

Those live things are pretty nerve wracking for both the participant and audience - I couldn't make it past a few minutes in (Not being a Uta fan). I imagine that having others in the video with you helps. The body movements are a bit crazy, no? An odotemita (fan dance video) would be nice :itadakimasu: . Mom in the background could be endearing in some circumstances but seemed a bit too much.

#1771 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:12 AM

She made it clear like thrice she wasn't  dating anyone right now so she could easily be an idol still. Kobushi had 2 kicked out because they had one while being active. Pink Cres are not idols.

#1772 IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer

Kasahara Momona deserves 3 new modeling jobs weekly

• Senpai
  • 4024 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 01:00 PM

Yokoyan had a bf before she joined MM. So thankfully UF doesn't give a frick about whatever "pureness" you achieve by not being in a relationship.

And Kobushi members didn't have to leave bc of their bfs. They were unreliable obstreperous teenagers. Let's not pretend it was something else yea?

Morning Musume______ANGERME________Juice=Juice_________Kobushi Factory____Tsubaki Factory____ BEYOOOOONDS

1. Sato Masaki         1. Kasahara Momona  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Nomura Minami   1. Tanimoto Ami        1. Kobayashi Honoka

2. Fukumura Mizuki  2. Sasaki Rikako         2. Uemura Akari             2. Hirose Ayaka       2. Asakura Kiki          2.Okamura Minami

3. Oda Sakura          3. Wada Ayaka            3.  Dambara Ruru           3. Inoue Rei             3. Niinuma Kisora     3. Takase Kurumi

#1773 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 07:10 PM

Well, to me and most people, we DGAF if Uta had a boyfriend when she wasn't an idol and not bound to a contract. You just have to accept the fact there are a certain number of idiots/haters that do. Fortunately they carry no weight with anyone. Here's the bf in question (I see these were posted on page 86):

Attached Files

#1774 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 08:59 PM

Utabeam

http://livedoor.blog.../3/831bdce0.gif

#1775 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 09:17 PM

Yokoyan had a bf before she joined MM. So thankfully UF doesn't give a frick about whatever "pureness" you achieve by not being in a relationship.

And Kobushi members didn't have to leave bc of their bfs. They were unreliable obstreperous teenagers. Let's not pretend it was something else yea?

There were rumours about Yossy and Eri having had boyfriends before their idol career too, so yeah who cares lol.

And it's true, none of the Kobushi girls was fired because of a boyfriend.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#1776 Ruscion

Ruscion

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 10:21 PM

Well sure, boyfriends weren't the reasons for the Kobushi departures officially. But I feel like it was definitely a major reason for Natsumi. She was practically cuddling with that guy in her pictures lol.

#1777 IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer

• Senpai
  • 4024 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 11:06 PM

^ I'm really wondering whether you have a job or if you're still going to school. All three Kobushi girls that were fired (well Rena left but technically it couldn't have been long until they would have fired her as well) behaved in a way that can only be seen as rebellion against the employer. Which employer would have srsly not fired them for not going to work and going against the rules of having a non approved livestream online? That's not something that happens out of nowhere. "Oops sorry I accidentally made this livestream. Wasn't planned haha" That's so stupidly rude and unnecessary. If you can't trust your eployees even with stuff like this there's no way they can keep such a high profile and high working morale needed job as being an entertainer. An entertainer in a group that depends on you on top of that.

Taguchi ran away from home in the past. She surely was a rebellious teenager maybe with a troublesome family. Who knows. But in any case I don't see any reason to believe this had something to do with having a boyfriend.

Morning Musume______ANGERME________Juice=Juice_________Kobushi Factory____Tsubaki Factory____ BEYOOOOONDS

1. Sato Masaki         1. Kasahara Momona  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Nomura Minami   1. Tanimoto Ami        1. Kobayashi Honoka

2. Fukumura Mizuki  2. Sasaki Rikako         2. Uemura Akari             2. Hirose Ayaka       2. Asakura Kiki          2.Okamura Minami

3. Oda Sakura          3. Wada Ayaka            3.  Dambara Ruru           3. Inoue Rei             3. Niinuma Kisora     3. Takase Kurumi

#1778 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 03:25 AM

Eh, Rena was already fired at the time the livestream happened, before that the only visible issue she caused was the BF stuff. The stream worsened things for Taguchi, because she was with her. It feels like it is a combination of things that made them disappear, including the BF thing. Both of their perceivable troubles started out with that one. We don't know the exact details, but we can't state that it is not a factor when it was one of the issues caused (and for Rena the only thing we saw). The reasons given for their dismissals are of course given in as neutral a way as possible and are made in such a way it benefits/protects the agency the most.

#1779 IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer

• Senpai
  • 4024 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 01:58 PM

Rena was not fired! UF stated that she decided to graduate out of medical reasons
http://www.helloproject.com/news/7553/

Rena on the other hand posted a blog the same day that said she actually didn't want to be an idol anymore. A conclusion she came to after being sick for those weeks prior to her "graduation" while she got to experience how it was not being an idol:

https://ameblo.jp/ko...2308368116.html

#1780 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 03:19 PM

Like I said: "The reasons given for their dismissals are of course given in as neutral a way as possible and are made in such a way it benefits/protects the agency the most."

They are not going to say "X member was kicked out for having a boyfriend". That could cause them more problems than if they just put it on something else and came to an agreement that benefited both parties.

Ah, I didn't knew there was still any doubt on their grads in the foreign community. If she 'graduated' without any issues, for her health and there were no issues with the agency she would not have displayed the level of salt she did after her grad or done the line live, plus Taguchi's blogs heavily implied it. Also, even on Hello Sute the current members were outright told on camera 'They had to regain the trust of their fans' (sent to a training camp to get their shit together, 'shared responsibility' is very Japanese) and then there are interviews, specific things the members blog, etc, etc, everything points to the past members not having left in good faith and causing issues for the group due to the scandals, their names are pretty much taboo and never mentioned (which would not be the cause for normal gradded members due to illness, like Maho); the matter is not even put to question, it is widely assumed by the fandom she was fired/pressured into graduation due to circumstances being as they were.

By writing the blog and putting it on her health not only did it free the agency from any legal concerns etc. but it also gave her the chance to leave 'on her own terms and with dignity' as it were, and not ruin her image in the bigger public eye/future careers. They'll be making decisions that work out the best for them as an agency first and foremost and this was the right decision that worked out best for both parties. It's common in Japanese business to make someone 'resign' themselves, rather than outright fire them in order to prevent further problems. In Rio's case, it was much easier to say she was fired since she was clearly breaking work ethic and not showing up on time etc. Not only did she have nothing to defend herself with, at that management was likely pissed off at her enough to just say 'screw it, a breach of contract it is'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users