• Please log in to reply
3363 replies to this topic

#1 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:24 AM

It was announced on 2014/11/05 that Country Musume would be revived, in the form of a new unit called Country Girls.

In 2017, it was announced that Country Girls would become a part-time group. Three of the members (Morito, Yanagawa, Funaki) joined other current Hello! Project groups (Morning Musume, Juice=Juice, and ANGERME respectively), while Yamaki and Ozeki would remain members of just Country Girls to focus on their studies, only performing during school holidays and long breaks. Yamaki eventually became a concurrent member of UP-FRONT idol group, College Cosmos in October 2018.

On October 18 2019, it was announced Country Girls would be halting all activities on December 26, 2019. All 4 members will graduate from Country Girls. Yamaki will retire from the industry, Morito will continue with Morning Musume, Ozeki will graduate H!P and continue to be active in the industry, and Funaki will graduate ANGERME and H!P in 2020 to focus on a career in dance.

As of October 2019, they have 4 current members and 4 former members.

7fcb6bac09eab74776c0dd0b5cbd0d7b94c6fbb9

Members at the time of disbandment (2019/12/26):

Yamaki Risa (Also a member of College Cosmos)

Morito Chisaki (Also a member of Morning Musume '19)

Ozeki Mai 

Funaki Musubu (Also a member of ANGERME; Graduating H!P 2020)

Former Members:

Shimamura Uta (Left: 2015/06/12)

Inaba Manaka (Graduated: 2016/08/04)

Tsugunaga Momoko (PM; Graduated: 2017/06/30)

Yanagawa Nanami (Graduated 2019/03/11; Former Juice=Juice member)

Spoiler

#2 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:41 AM

Managed by Satoda Mai, Momochi partly in the group, Manaka and Risa and other amazing girls also in the group! If managed right + plus they have good songs, I see nothing but a bright future for the girls!

GO COUNTRY GIRLS

#3 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:42 AM

Thank you Haloschan for making a thread for Country.Girls :D

Small correction with the group name, it is Country.Girls with the dot in the middle.

Here is the official news from H!P: http://www.helloproject.com/news/2183/

So now we have,
UPUPGIRLS(仮)
COUNTRY.GIRLS

I'm suspecting Smileage will be renamed "-something-GIRLS" too :lol:

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#4 RoxasXIII

RoxasXIII

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2655 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:50 AM

A bit nitpicky

afaik,

"Playing manager" itself means someone who both play and supervise (in sports) or both doing practical work and management at same time (like in company)

so I think don't need to use "Tsugunaga Momoko (Berryz Kobo) will be the "Playing Manager" and a member"

Tomoko_zps0bc911d8.png

#5 mountainoluv

mountainoluv

happy lucky chance wonderland

• Senpai
  • 936 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:00 AM

Regarding the photo of the first post on this thread:

Does anyone besides me think the girl on the right looks like Maki Goto?

#6 Corpenicus62

Corpenicus62

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3603 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:53 AM

uaHLlkS.jpg

J1Lkv3D.jpg

#7 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:58 AM

uaHLlkS.jpg

New girls (the 3 in the center), left to right: Morito Chisaki (森戸知沙希), Shimamura Uta (島村嬉唄) Ozeki Mai (小関舞)
K-Eggs: (Left-end) Inaba Manaka (稲場愛香) and (Right-end) Yamaki Risa (山木梨沙)

Quote for new thread ^_^

2gzJQMu.jpg

The leader of the group, posing with the girl most likely to be ace.

Risa :wub:

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#8 DomScatterbrain

DomScatterbrain

The Watcher

• Senpai
  • 4414 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:37 AM

I really wondering how good are the three mm finalist. Since, they'll debut sooner than the audition winners.

- - - - - 小  

(Now the list has been completed still not yet complete)

jhrVBR6.png

#9 Paramorning

Paramorning

Nen!

• Senpai
  • 1603 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:35 AM

I'm looking forward to this group! Hopefully it won't become Momoko ft CG, though.

23uwwsp.gif
工藤広瀬岸本鈴木

#10 Mezu

Mezu

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 262 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:46 AM

Well i'm ok with Momoko in there but please no Momochi ^^;

誠心誠意

#11 wahodes

wahodes

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:01 AM

Im really excited about this group. The direction the group will take is way less predictable since it's not being produced by tsunku.

Idk how I feel about Momoko being a member. I feel like she'll take the spot light. Does anyone else feel like they're putting her in there so the group becomes popular? I'm not really a big fan of her persona either so ehhhh :/ 

Sayashi Riho ★  13ki  Oda Sakura  Akiyama Mao  Danbara Ruru  Kiyono Momohime 

#12 AmaSusE

AmaSusE

チーム はるちゃん

• Senpai
  • 6315 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:13 AM

^ Haha, I completely agree with everything you said :)...definitely not sure about Momoko although it's "Momochi" I don't like. It might help them though. I'm very excited to see the new girls. Afterall they were finalists. The last batch of finalists was pretty awesome :D

6DYNteh.png

#13 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:40 AM

Ehh.. wait a minute... aren't all of them 12th gen finalist XD :lol: well Manaka and Risa are from the 1st 12gen audition.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#14 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:44 AM

^
No, Manaka became a KSS mid 2013. Most likely via a KSS audition.

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#15 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:51 AM

hmm .. firstly .. Country Musume is before my time ..
I always has this old timer "has been" view on them .. but the good thing is they rename to Country Girls..
I do believe that this is a different group but they would have the rights of all the old Country Musume content ..
which is good because I hate to say this but content back then is better than content now ..

I am fine with Satoda Mai being general manager .. but I am doubtful of the player manager ..I always don't buy the player manager thing for idols ..
look at the 48G side .. they already got plenty of misplaced management .. they not only have idols as managers .. they even have costume personnel to be manager .. maybe soon they may hire their janitor to be manager ..
but look at 48G now .. they seem to out of control and messy .. with scandal and poor security for the idols .. ( this is my opinion and may not be true )

I always believe that management should be serious .. the idols, the fans, the organization depend on them .. it should never be a novelty item ..

but I am looking forward to know their packaging, style , content ..
I must keep telling myself .. they are Country Girls .. :P .. er as zam say COUNTRY.GIRLS .. so .. C.G for short ? XD

#16 AmaSusE

AmaSusE

チーム はるちゃん

• Senpai
  • 6315 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:01 AM

One thing is for sure, future Harocons and H!Stations are getting a lot more exciting and varied with the addition of non-Tsunku H!P groups. A good way to expand H!P without increasing his workload. There might even be yet another new group with this approach. With the exception of Momoko being a member, I'm very excited to see them active.

Let's hope H!P budgets are big enough to give them proper attention XD

6DYNteh.png

#17 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:05 AM

^I am still expecting a new K-Egg unit. Hamachan is the only one left who has not debut who was on that BLT shoot with Kuduu XD

^
No, Manaka became a KSS mid 2013. Most likely via a KSS audition.

Oh I see. There goes that theory XD

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#18 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:05 AM

Wondering a few things though, are they going to keep up with the Country concept? "Playing Manager" is somewhat "sports-related."

Also, with Country Girls announced, will we ever see a new KSS group then?

I think UFA might be giving the go signal in creating 2 more groups.

Perhaps we can pin this thread as well?

#19 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:51 AM

ya ..can we pin this thread .. all this going up and down is giving me a headache.. lol .. really ..

#20 KumaixKamei

KumaixKamei

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3263 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:11 AM

YEAH for Yamaki and Inaba! I am so happy for them <3

Morning Musume    ANGERME                  Juice=Juice                  Tsubaki Factory          BEYOOOOONDS

1. Oda Sakura        1. Kamikokuryou Moe  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Ono Mizuho             1. Yamazaki Yuhane

2. Morito Chisaki    2. Ise Layla.                  2. Dambara Ruru          2.  Niinuma Kisora       2. Eguchi Saya

3. Ikuta Erina.         3. Kawana Rin.             3. Matsunaga Riai         3. Kishimoto Yumeno  3. Hirai Miho

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users