4LCU5nk.jpg

z0WitKt.jpg

#42 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:58 PM

For those who don't know Satoda Mai, she was a 4th gen. MM auditioner back in 2000 who didn't make it in (along with Fujimoto Miki) but was put into Country Musume. That group fizzled out until Mai was the only member left. She started to appear as a talento on various variety shows but her big break was getting on the game show Hexagon where she joined Pabo with Kinoshita Yurina and Suzanne and pretty much got famous. Her marriage to baseball star Masahiro Tanaka merely increased her fame even more.

I wonder what her "managing" them will entail because she won't be in Japan that long. If she returns when Tanaka does, that will be early February when pitchers and catchers report for spring training. Or she might return at the beginning of April when the regular season starts.

And I would also like to add that Satoda also thinks that Momoko is actually an idol goddess in human form XD
Probably why Momoko got the job :lol:

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#43 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:24 PM

[EN] Country Musume。 new name "Country・Girls" and members announcement!

Country Musume。 is a group which has been formed in 1999, in order to be the link with the young generation to introduce them the comfort of living in the countryside and to avoid the depopulation.

After that, just before their indies debut, one of the member tragedy died in a car accident. Then it has been decided that Country Musume。 will continue with new members like Mai Satoda from 2002. Their career has continued from them but on 2007 Country Musume。 was just composed of Mai Satoda.

With Mai Satoda becoming the only one member, the activity mainly took place at Hokkaido and Tokyo. Mai had the chance to appear in Japanese variety TV shows before some recruiting plans have been thought. But with this activity really busy in Tokyo, new audition had been refrained for a moment.

Then Mai get married with the baseball player Masahiro Tanaka, moved to live in Sendai, so many private things changed.

As a solo member of the group Mai wanted to keep and protect the spirit of Country Musume。 and she continued alone to take this responsibility as Mai Satoda (Country Musume。).

In 2014, Mai moved to New York and decided that she wanted Country Musume。 to continue and that the world will acknowledge it with the purpose of showing the beauty of the undeveloped areas in the valleys and close to the sea, like was the first goal of Country Musume。.

From New York, Mai continued to watch over the audition of new members but sadly no member had been selected from this.

Thereafter, we, staff, with Mai's agreement, decided on new members selected from the Hello! Pro Kenshuusei and from the Morning Musume。'14 audition.

Mai Ozeki, 12 years old, from Tokyo's prefecture

Uta Shimamura, 14 years old, from Kanagawa's prefecture

Chisaki Morito, 14 years old, from Tochigi's prefecture

Manaka Inaba, 16 years old, from Hokkaido's prefecture

Risa Yamaki, 17 years old, from Tokyo's prefecture

Following this, it has been decided that Momoko Tsugunaga (Berryz Kobo) will participate at the group.

On the Spring of 2015, Berryz Kobo will suspend their activity indefinitely and during those 11 years of activity, Momoko had the career of an idol really busy every day, studying at the university, passing the teaching license, appearing in many variety TV programs. However, Momoko indicated that she wanted to continue her carrier of idol.

She wanted to thank everyone for being acknowledged universally by the society as "Momochi". She also said that with the indefinite activity suspension of Berryz Kobo, she wanted to be an idol who can guide the children, thanks to the teaching license she passed.

Momoko will be the "Playing Manager" of the new Country Musume。 's members during 2~3 years to make them grow together and become adult, following the expectations of Mai and to pursue the history of the group.

Mai Satoda will be the "Supervisor" and fix, regulate the abilities of the group.

The group changes its name for "Country・Girls", also in order to grow also outside of Japan.

Everyone, please support from now the Country・Girls, formerly known as Country Musume。.

UP-FRONT PROMOTION

Ohama Minoru

http://www.helloproject.com/news/2183/

PS: the translation may not be perfect/accurate, thank you for your understanding.

PS2: The group will be part of Hello! Project even if it is not produced by Tsunku♂.

For those who don't follow Up-Front link on social media here's the full English statement about the revival of Country (Musume) Girls.

...and in they responded directly to a question about whether Momoko is a member.

Like written in the article she will be the playing manager to guide the members.

So I take this to mean she'll be mostly on the back seat.

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#44 Da-manta-ray

Da-manta-ray

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1306 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:31 PM

For those who don't know Satoda Mai, she was a 4th gen. MM auditioner back in 2000 who didn't make it in (along with Fujimoto Miki) but was put into Country Musume. That group fizzled out until Mai was the only member left. She started to appear as a talento on various variety shows but her big break was getting on the game show Hexagon where she joined Pabo with Kinoshita Yurina and Suzanne and pretty much got famous. Her marriage to baseball star Masahiro Tanaka merely increased her fame even more.

I wonder what her "managing" them will entail because she won't be in Japan that long. If she returns when Tanaka does, that will be early February when pitchers and catchers report for spring training. Or she might return at the beginning of April when the regular season starts.

And I would also like to add that Satoda also thinks that Momoko is actually an idol goddess in human form XD
Probably why Momoko got the job :lol:

I remember seeing a video about this from before Elder Club graduated. I'm actually pretty excited to see how involved Momoko will be in the project. Hopefully she doesn't overshadow everyone like what happened with Rika and old Country Musume. If it's more like Yaguchi in ZYX, that would be ideal.

My Favourites!

MM OGs: Suzuki Kanon, Yoshizawa Hitomi ~ Current MM: Iikubo Haruna, Makino Maria

Berryz: Tsugunaga Momoko ~ ANGERME: Meimi ~ Country Girls: Ozeki Mai ~ Kobushi Factory: Nomura Minami, Wada Sakurako

#45 VioletDreamer

VioletDreamer

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 374 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:16 PM

I'm very excited for this new group! It's great that some more KSS are debuting! Momoko being Playing Manager should be interesting. I love her, but I'm really hoping she stops with the pigtails. I just think she looks a lot better without them. Can't wait to see what happens with this group!

I'm guessing you haven't watched the Harosute segment for Country.Girls. Momo was not wearing her pigtails. Her hair was straight down :good:

@Ares,you should check out the girls' thread. We have found out about the girls like you mentioned above, plus some extras you seemed to have missed. Like, Chisaki is the ace( or was it center ) of CoCoRo Gakuen. Your gut feeling was pretty accurate :good: Videos of Chisaki has been posted in her thread too. Glad to see you have found someone interesting in Country.Girls.

ps: the way Mai-san laugh is still creepy, lol XD

Totally agree with you XD

I did see the Harosure actually! I loved Momoko's hair in the video. I really hope she keeps it that way, but you know, there are no guarantees. :P

As for as first impressions go, I really like all the girls but Uta really stood out to me. I can't wait to see more of her, and everyone else!

yuko-kaori2_zps8f6145b3.png
Sig made by the lovely Chimai!

#46 namida no iro

namida no iro

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:12 PM

Ooh, this is interesting~ I kinda hope we get more of "Momoko" than "Momochi" lol I feel like this is will be a good way for her to show a more mature side?

#47 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:32 AM

...and in they responded directly to a question about whether Momoko is a member.

Like written in the article she will be the playing manager to guide the members.

So I take this to mean she'll be mostly on the back seat.

I think another word for it is Operational Manager.
Very likely Momo will work with the group but not perform with them.
I think with this arrangement, Momo will act as Satoda's proxy while Satoda is in New York.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#48 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:40 AM

Spoiler

Thx for the information, anyway we can assume that Ozeki Mai, Shimamura Uta & Morito Chisaki was few of the "9-person candidate fo MM 12th golden audition". Dayum means that most of the MM 12th gen audition candidates are so cute & adorable (beside Miki & Haruna). can't wait to know the "other-4"

momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#49 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:15 AM

honestly .. i am having some doubts about the structure ..
For Momoko .. It does say that she want to continue to be an idol .. but the announcement state her as "Playing Manager" ..
the problem with "Playing Manager" is .. it is written in English .. and the Japanese are know to use English wrongly..
But my guess is Momoko would be in the group .. kind of like what Sasshi is doing in HKT48 ..
where she does the talking, create the atmosphere, take care of the younger girls but stepping backwards and help the younger girls shine ..
Momoko has the education and the many years of experience in the entertainment .. but she is just short of real business management experience ..i think she will make full use of this to get the experience and really become a powerful business executive cum entertainment personality in the future ..

For the group management .. it seem that they say Satoda Mai will be supervising or in charge of the group ..
thats the part I am not sure ..because some put her as "general manager" of the group ..
That does not mean that she is the producer of the group and that Tsunku is not producer for the group ..
All along .. Tsunku does not manage the groups .. all the groups have their managers supervising the group ..
Tsunku being the producer has the overall control but does not really manage or supervise them directly ..
So .. my question is .. are there any official source that state specifically that Tsunku is not the Producer of the group ..
because I think people just take it as so when they say Satoda Mai is in charge ..
or is are they any official source that state specifically that Satoda Mai is the Producer of the group ..
basically .. it seem that UF themselves are avoiding to be specific ..

But in any case .. we should have a better idea when everything get into full swing and they are doing it ..

#50 Machi-chan

Machi-chan

Hopless Fangirl <3

• Senpai
  • 1687 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:21 AM

I'm really excited for this. I have been dying or a new group and more kenshuusei debuts. (And Manaka was my fave kenshuusei <3 I thought she'd fit best in Morning Musume, but her debuting anyway is such a joy.)

I feel like the things I wonder about most right now are will Momoko actually be a regular performing member of the group, and will they be able to gain the popularity of the other Hello!Project groups? I feel like they will do better if they are generally recognized as a new group. Country Musume wasn't particularly popular.
I ownder if they'll debut a new original songs at the winter concert (Like a single and it's b-side) or perform Country Musume songs?

x244d2.jpg
"Make each moment precious, and put your spirit into everything you do, and express gratitude to everyone you know." ~Airi Suzuki <3

#51 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:34 AM

The impression I get is that Mai will just be "supervising", maybe making some of the production decisions about the group, but will not be performing with them. (At least not regularly, she may make a special appearance at their concert or something).

Momoko, however, I think probably will  be a regular performing member of the group, but maybe not have the "center" or focal role. It also said the plan is for her to stay with the group 2-3 years and then move on

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#52 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4361 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:50 AM

J1Lkv3D.jpg

I just noticed their heights, these girls are tiny. And to think back on Hello Station how small Manaka looked interviewing her Senpais.

For reference, Ishida Ayumi is 150cm

Risa 156cm

Manaka 152cm

Chisaki 149cm

Uta 151cm

Mai 154cm

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#53 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:28 AM

This is how tiny Risa looks XD

^Yeah :unsure:

A belated congratulation from Tomoko?
blog,%20Kanazawa%20Tomoko,%20Niinuma%20K

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#54 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:16 AM

^ ..lol ..and yet she look really tall and towers above all other members ... XD
wonder how they will look beside Berryz .. XD

#55 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5682 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:55 PM

But them look really tall beside Minimoni. ^_^

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#56 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:15 PM

As I said on the last page, unless Satoda Mai decides not to follow her hubby back to the US, she either leaves for spring training (February) or regular season (April).

I thought the analogy of Yaguchi with ZYX was spot on, my feeling is that describe's Momo's role. Because of her celebrity, she'll kickstart the group's battle for name recognition, which is a "good thing" as Martha Stewart would say.

#57 G☆LE

G☆LE

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1422 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:18 PM

Tiny members? *cough*cough* Momo may have had more to do with this than we think lol

#58 necrosonde

necrosonde

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:19 PM

Spoiler

So Momo is really a member? :blink:

(1m58................ "measured on heels!" XD )

a0fm.jpg

#59 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:54 PM

I thought it might be interesting to look back at this episode of Harosute because of the exchange between the then Kenshuusei Manaka and her dai-senpai Momochi. The main reason is I thought at the time it was a really good interaction between the two, and I was impressed that Manaka certainly wasn't overwrought by having a chat with Momo. I'd say it's good signs that there will be a more even interaction between the group and their Player Manager than a lot of people are thinking.

Starts around 22:14

(Actually maybe this was the moment Manaka sealed her debut?)

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#60 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:06 AM

^Thanks for sharing that. I never saw it. You were right, Manaka was so relaxed through out that conversation as compared to the other K-Eggs. They were even so close that their shoulders touched sometimes.
Obsidian, did you catch the look Momo gave to the camera at the end? XD
It was like she was saying "we got a winner here".

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users