• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#41 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:29 AM

So let me get this straight. You've got 32 members in this senbatsu and you are instead giving a ton of screen time to members that aren't even in the group anymore?  :c18: I'm glad to see Mariko and Tomo and all that, but give me a break...

Cover concept is pretty cool though, I do like that. :D

#42 beyooooonk

beyooooonk

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1220 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:39 AM

The song's really growing on me, the covers are great, and the PV is nothing short of hilarious.

This may be my favorite 48G single in a while!  If only they used this for the election singles...

Posted Image

#43 Ketchup

Ketchup

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 454 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:42 AM

It's pretty cool...it's like the passing of the torch and a great marketing move to give a small glimpse of the former members to hype it up.

#44 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:43 AM

ACCHAN IS BACK OMG! 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#45 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:48 AM

It really is an active showcase of passing the torch as Ketchup says, a transition from older members to newer members. I thought this when I saw the senbatsu lineup the first time around, but this PV really emphasizes it. I do hope that it's not just a short flash, but that indeed we'll get to see more of the newer members (9th and onwards is what I consider "new" where 9th is on the older side of things and 15th obviously the most recent) in upcoming senbatsu lineups.

#46 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:27 AM

How many times has AKB "passed the torch" though? Manatsu no sounds good! was supposed to be the torch passing song and that was two and a half years ago. All that time and the furthest the torch has been passed before management got worried and sent it right back to the old gen were a couple of songs they let Paru be a triple center in. Maybe the rest of the video shakes out, but it's all feeling like a cheap ploy to drum up interest in my opinion.

#47 lynx212

lynx212

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 391 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:28 AM

Of course it's a ploy to drum up interest, that's what PVs are for.

#48 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:44 AM

I agree with both of you.

That they haven't been too efficient in implementing newer generation girls as a whole in senbatsu in the recent couple of years, but then again, if the lineup you are already using is selling well enough, do you discard parts of it just to experiment? It's Japan after, and Japanese companies we're talking about. "What used to work and what is currently working will have to continue working in the foreseeable future as well."

But of course, PV's and these things are ploys. Otherwise if they weren't, artists wouldn't care about them. Just release the song alone, after all, we only need to hear the song right?

#49 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:51 PM

MV short version ..

Anyway to me ..
I actually do not see it as much of an ploy or meaning for them to have the top graduated members in the MV ..
It is just interesting and artistic to me ..
We got to realise that 48G haven't have much of a creative MV for a long time ..
what would you rather have .. their usual playing among themselves and then a dance shot ..?
Do you really want to have a MV like "Manatsu no Sounds Good!", "Sayonara Crawl" or "Labrador Retriever" but without the bikini? ..
to me there are already 32 member for this single .. having to share shots among all of them as in changing screen .. will give you an headache and will be totally boring ..
I think more screen time don't really matter with so many senbatsu .. and I think the Japanese fans who would definitely buy it in big bulk.. will definitely know who are they already ..
I really don't see the fans discovering new fandom for a member because they saw her with a bit more screen time in a MV of a AKB48 single now (Maybe the sister groups but not AKB48)..
Since they already got so many people .. they must well do it huge one with some sort of storyline ..but having them just being chase around is actually boring stupid ..
So the graduated members does become something refreshing ..
Anyway .. i think the idea came from game/variety show .. :P

and the all the jackets combine into one banner ..so have fun ..LOL
Never been a better reason to buy every version .. XD
1974308_10152870002449224_52944320755787

Overall .. I still don't see the request hour voting coupon in the details ..so I don't think it is in this single ..
but even without the request hour voting coupon .. I think they should get to a million sale easy this time ..
Because it is one of those single which they seem to do everything right this time .. from the song, MV to the senbatsu selection and promotion .. :P

#50 beyooooonk

beyooooonk

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1220 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:03 PM

I love it. They returned to Everyday Kachuusha-era goodness in the song, outfits, and PV. No more injections of pink innocent goodness. It's catchy and the PV makes no sense whatsoever, which is lovely since they're trying something new. They're back to their old flair.

Is it true that the TA coupling song is called "Obedient Slave?" :o?

Posted Image

#51 TRiNuVie

TRiNuVie

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:19 PM

It is.

Ijkm posted the whole tracklist on Stage48:

1. Kibouteki Refrain

2A. Ima, Happy (Now, Happy) - Baragumi
2K. Ambulance - Yurigumi
2B. Utaitai (Want to sing) - Cattleyagumi
2D. Seifuku no Hane - Team 8

3A. Juujun na Slave (Obedient slave) - Team A
3K. Hajimete no Drive (First Drive) - Team K
3B. Loneliness club - Team B
3D. Me o aketa mama no First Kiss (First kiss with eyes open???) - Team 4

4D. Kaze no Rasen - Kojizaka46

Too bad the team songs won't have PVs (except for Team 8, which will be their first and thank god their song is awesome).

#52 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:26 PM

No Team PV's sucks.

#53 TRiNuVie

TRiNuVie

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:43 PM

Team 8 song, btw:

#54 Ketchup

Ketchup

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 454 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:02 AM

Oh and nice to see Sakura running normally in the Short Version lol :D

Edit: just noticed in the short version, the dudes with the masks....looks like tongues sticking out :P

#55 Ketchup

Ketchup

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 454 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:16 AM

Oh and why no team PVs? :(

#56 TRiNuVie

TRiNuVie

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:54 AM

I suppose it's simply lack of time to film them.

It looks a bit like they're mashing up the usual fall single with the janken one in terms of songs (we're getting 11!!).

Still, 6 PVs are 6 PVs lol

The theater edition will have the Team Surprise song the fans voted on.

The senbatsu was decided from girls who've never had any senbatsu experience:

A: Kojima Natsuki, Nakata Chisato, Nakamura Mariko, Maeda Ami, Matsui Sakiko, Morikawa Ayaka

K: Ishida Haruka, Iwasa Misaki, Uchida Mayumi, Suzuki Mariya, Suzuki Shihori

B: Izuta Rina (center), Oya Shizuka, Tanabe Miku, Natori Wakana

4: Iwatate Saho, Kobayashi Marina, Sasaki Yukari, Shinozaki Ayana

#57 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:40 PM

Anyway.. if you look at it.
This unlike the usual where they have a fix 2nd song..
It's pretty amazing that they have 10 new original songs for just 1 single..
Who in the industry does that..?
That's already a lot of content.. and we expect them to produce 9 MV.. ?
Even with content now.. no one in the industry even bother have 3 MV.. and we are complaining with at least 5 ..hmm

#58 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:23 PM

I am "complaining" because I would like to see the teams have PV's mostly because this means for some girls it's the only shot they have at starring in any kind of PV at all. But I am not complaining in general about the content as a whole that we're getting, because it is pretty much unmatched. So call it a luxury-problem.

#59 ☆RisaReinaSayu☆

☆RisaReinaSayu☆

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1748 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:54 PM

10 songs...my mind is unable to process that. :respect: :respect: :respect:

#60 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:52 AM

dunno why .. looking at the uniform and live version ..
it gave me more of the Team Surprise feel than AKB48 .. hmm ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users