• 3176 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:05 PM

・Hello! Project 20th Anniversary!! Hello! Project COUNTDOWN PARTY 2018

~GOOD BYE & HELLO!~ 1部(2018年12月31日)/2部(2019年1月1日)@中野サンプラザ
・Hello! Project 20th Anniversary!! Hello! Project 2019 WINTER ~YOU & I~
 (2019年2月16日・広島公演まで)
・Hello! Project 20th Anniversary!! Hello! Project 2019 WINTER ~NEW AGE~
 (2019年2月3日・福岡公演まで)

Announcement says she'll miss the New Years festivities and the winter tour through the 2/16 concert in Hiroshima, so we can expect her back for a few tour dates since it goes until 3/3.

As for missing a potential single... if they really want to release something in March or April, it's not out of the realm of possibility. I've seen quick turnarounds between MM singles before, ya know? If they have everyone else record ahead of time and have her do it when she returns, they could still do an April release easily.

#4682 Chocominto-san

Chocominto-san

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:41 PM

It's great that she can make her dream true while keeping living her dream of being in Morning Musume! I'm curious about the release schedule too though

Team Orange

pGKh6lb.jpg

#4683 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:21 PM

In before live action Kim Possible movie getting a TV series with Miki guest starring as Yori.  That would make me infinitely less wary about the prospect of the original cartoon's legacy being currently adapted to live-action.

Spoiler

There's always the possibility that an opportunity to study abroad could cause her to pull an Aika or Chinami, immediately leaving Japan again the first chance she's allowed, but I'm glad that the agency is supporting something like this without forcing a graduation.  For as few situations that there are where Miki gets to use English, I've always felt that a fluent English speaker being active in H!P brings a flavor of approachability for foreign fans whether they have the opportunity to interact with her or not.  Whether it's English, Mandarin, Belarusian, or if the next generation of KSS all speak a combination of Spanish, French, and German, I would hope that we see more exceptional bilingual members in the future.

#4684 miyooooons

miyooooons

mother

• Senpai
  • 2126 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 02:45 AM

I do think it's kind of cool that she gets this 2 month hiatus to do overseas work...but I can't help but think something is up. A collab? A project? Something completely new? A graduation for Miki? Don't know exactly, but I feel like we'll know in due time. This is pretty strange.

While I don't like the idea of extended absences (I think it messes with the continuity of membership / being able to keep track of members, especially for new fans), I guess it's better than just graduating altogether, and like mentioned above it's a good chance for girls to explore things without leaving permanently.

I wish her good luck though! Hopefully there will be a lot to gain for Miki in this absence.

MM:  A: 

J=J: ⬤ TF: 

BY:   ON: 

ALUM: Meimi Maasa KSSU'23: Yulia / Hinoha / Rena ~ edited: 2023/12/29

#4685 Leon_santillan1980

Leon_santillan1980

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:12 AM

miki has a great time in that rakuten basketball thing so i belive that she will be working in that on the summer breake. Go miki rakuten embassador

#4686 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:04 AM

I kind of felt that we started the discussion without getting a proper translation of the announcement ..
So what was it?

Another thing I notice while reading here is that the American thinks that their English is the only standard of the world and even more accurate than the English .. XD

#4687 Recognizer

Recognizer

GakiKame lover

• Senpai
  • 3377 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:46 AM

I've almost had a heart attack when saw this news on the front page! 
I reeeeally hope this won't lead to graduation...  :( 

tumblr_pjol7fyD6Y1txona8o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_pjol7fyD6Y1txona8o5_1280.jpg
More under spoiler

Edited by Recognizer, 14 December 2018 - 08:55 AM.

caCYGi9.jpg

#4688 JoeyBatou

JoeyBatou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 944 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:49 AM

Two months won't do that much, she would have to practice more back home,

maybe she opted for the extensive plan, knowing how smart she is, she will make it.

#4689 vplpro

vplpro

#1 Ai-chan fan & Sakura's father wannabe

• Senpai
  • 2855 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:55 AM

For a second I was shocked since it looks like a graduation announcement, but turned out only a short leave for study.   I'm relieved.

YAY~My unofficial H!P unit - by V Project 

YAY~ "official" blog  YAY~@tumblr
~ V's family ~
Wife: Classified  Daugther: Sakura, Riho  Twin sister: Yuu-chan  Cousin: Ai-chan

#4690 jingy_kun

jingy_kun

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:43 PM

Will she miss harunans graduation?

#4691 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 06:49 PM

She’s only going to be missing the concerts and events between December 31st and February 16th, so she’ll still be around for Harunan’s graduation concert on Sunday

#4692 ergreenlimes

ergreenlimes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1887 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 06:54 PM

I wonder if she'll be studying in LA? She is the Lakers ambassador for Rakuten and there is a ton of colleges/universities/schools there that may offer English programs. If so we might see her doing Rakuten stuff while she's gone from the concerts.

My H!P Blog: Midori's J-pop overanylizations please visit it.

#4693 jingy_kun

jingy_kun

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:54 AM

She’s only going to be missing the concerts and events between December 31st and February 16th, so she’ll still be around for Harunan’s graduation concert on Sunday

Ohh i see thanks!

#4694 chisafan

chisafan

Chiitan's Spaghetti Chef

• Senpai
  • 722 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 07:22 AM

She's lucky that the agency allows this kind of flexibility. I'm happy for her!

Sato took a break for her back a while ago for about the same length of time, and she's

still going strong :good:

#4695 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:30 PM

Honey about Chel (translation @futurecider):

"--Do you have high hopes for any of your kouhai?

Nonaka Miki-chan! She's so serious, and such a good kid. But I think she should be more honest with herself about how she feels. She doesn't really try to get the things she thinks across frankly, even though she's a returnee. I was the oldest among the 9th and 10th generation, so there were a lot of times I held myself back, thinking "if I endure this we'll be able to strike a balance." That's why I don't want Miki-chan have to endure things. I have high hopes for her!"

#4696 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:41 PM

Chel made the same annoucement by herself in the 1st MC section in today tour final.

#4697 ★pandapple★

★pandapple★

H!P Lifer

• Senpai
  • 1536 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 07:38 PM

So I was worried that we wouldn't hear anything from Miki for the entire time she was away, and the lack of posts here made me think that was the case... But I just had a look at the 12ki blog, and Miki is still actively posting. Phew! Nothing about her current activities/studies yet, but she posted that she would still be sharing her recent news with everyone even though she's not in Japan right now. I wonder how much detail she will be able to give?

#4698 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:12 AM

She will keep posting blogs and photos while studying abroad.
She said please look forward to her blog updates in 2019.
Hopefully some news/photos about her studies.

#4699 KumaixKamei

KumaixKamei

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3263 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:47 PM

It would be great if she could get an english blog next to the 12th gen blog. 

Morning Musume    ANGERME                  Juice=Juice                  Tsubaki Factory          BEYOOOOONDS

1. Oda Sakura        1. Kamikokuryou Moe  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Ono Mizuho             1. Yamazaki Yuhane

2. Morito Chisaki    2. Ise Layla.                  2. Dambara Ruru          2.  Niinuma Kisora       2. Eguchi Saya

3. Ikuta Erina.         3. Kawana Rin.             3. Matsunaga Riai         3. Kishimoto Yumeno  3. Hirai Miho

#4700 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:54 PM

Hopefully they’ll let her use the regular blog while she’s away so that we can keep up with her, or maybe even Morning Musume’s official twitter! I hope she can use OMAKE CHANNEL to vlog a day or two of her stay, I really want her to keep us updated on how she’s doing, her progress with English, etc.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users