Photo

Kpop Boy Groups Thread

• Please log in to reply
301 replies to this topic

#61 ✮DanDan✮

✮DanDan✮

Too kawaii to live too kakkoii to die (⌐■_■)

• Senpai
  • 829 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:17 AM

I like what I like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I have low standards so most everything pleases me, except some very stereotypical kpop ballads that I cannot stand u_u. 

Posted Image
~Thank you Sprinklebuns for my Siggy You are the awesomest~

#62 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:51 AM

Maybe it's because I saw the lyric translations. HE WASN'T EVEN 20 WHEN THAT SONG CAME OUT.

Also please tell me you don't like the song where he talks about shitting.

#63 SakiLuckys

SakiLuckys

Youngest H!Oer: 2011-2015

• Senpai
  • 890 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:32 AM

^ Everyone has different taste and shitting?! XD 

836476899_zpshkukilm6.jpg
[Signature and Icon made by Xiukki. Check out her graphic shop!]
[My Tumblr - http://aiyaguyagu.tumblr.com/ ] 

#64 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:40 AM

Yano's material takes on a whole new meaning when you know what he's saying.

#65 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:34 AM

MBLAQ's company are debuting a new group called Madtown. Someone's name is literally Buffy and I actually facepalmed irl.

Moos, which is just too easy to even comment on.

tumblr_inline_ncfzjwIYtL1r3k9am.jpg

Daewon. I'm pretty sure he's a serial killer.

tumblr_inline_ncg1gi8WSp1r3k9am.jpg

Lee Geon, who looks like a jerk. I'd also like to point out that he's the main vocalist but his talent is ACTING. I can see where this group is headed.

tumblr_inline_ncg1tdd5De1r3k9am.jpg

Jota, idk he does acrobatics. Probably should've signed up for JYPE instead.

tumblr_nchr6aL1U71tgqtado1_1280.png

Heo Jun, whose talent and positions are also kind of contradictory.

tumblr_nchr8fkIk91tgqtado1_1280.png

Buffy. Has probably never seen Buffy.

tumblr_nchr9y4d721tgqtado1_1280.png

H.O, no comment.

tumblr_nchrdgxA0b1tgqtado1_1280.png

#66 ✮DanDan✮

✮DanDan✮

• Senpai
  • 829 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

Well, Yano was technically 20 in Korean age so /shrugs/ 

Daewon and Lee Geon might become my biases, but couldn't they wait til 2015 like 50 rookie groups have already debuted this year this is getting kind of ridiculous now. Also getting ridiculous are the stage names. They don't need "edgy" stage names just use your real names omf 

Posted Image

#67 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:10 PM

Yano was born in 1995. He turned 20 in Korean age like yesterday.

#68 Nouciel

Nouciel

Graduated member

• Headquarters
  • 8069 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:46 PM

H.O? Hello.Online!

Supposedly these stage names are easier to remember for most English-speaking people. Also I admit that I only remember a couple of stage names or group names *because* I thought they sounded a bit ridiculous.
All time fav: ℃
Current fav: b4z + Manaka

#69 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 12:12 AM

lol I don't think they do the stage names to make it easier for intl fans. Someone in JTune probably just seriously thinks those sound cool.

#70 SakiLuckys

SakiLuckys

Youngest H!Oer: 2011-2015

• Senpai
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 12:32 AM

Moo and Buffy XD I'm laughing so hard right now! Like, OMG! 

836476899_zpshkukilm6.jpg
[Signature and Icon made by Xiukki. Check out her graphic shop!]
[My Tumblr - http://aiyaguyagu.tumblr.com/ ] 

#71 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 03:20 AM

One of the nice things about kpop is how accessible the lives are. Here's yesterday's Mubank stuff.

BTS - Danger. I have to hand it to these boys. This is their goodbye stage and unlike most groups they never got lazy and hollered at my face until the very end.

Teen Top - Missing

2PM - Go Crazy. This is legit their goodbye stage, I'm not even kidding. They're already ending promotions.

JJCC - Bing Bing Bing. I hate this stupid song but it wouldn't be fair not to post them. This is Jackie Chan's group in case any of you ever heard about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah4PeuMKYVk

#72 ✮DanDan✮

✮DanDan✮

• Senpai
  • 829 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:39 PM

BTOB released their MV for You're So Fly 

It's okay I guess it isn't bad and I like it better than Beep Beep. The mini-album is better than Beep Beep's too. 

Posted Image

#73 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:49 PM

I like You're So Fly, but not the rest of the mini.

#74 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:05 PM

Got7 were at the Hallyu Dream Festival the other day. It was at a place. In Korea. As you can tell, I don't remember where.

Sobbing because JB is so perfect. He's one of those people who gets more attractive to me the more I look at him.

#75 G☆LE

G☆LE

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1422 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:35 PM

Stuff has been going down at Star Empire (Ze:A's company, also 9muses and Jewelry). As a preface, Star Empire is considered a terrible company by most Kpop fans and when Sera left 9 Muses she told a fan they had no idea how happy she was to get out.

Leader Junyoung goes on huge rant against the CEO, it's kind of creepy:
http://omonatheydidn...m/14205781.html

He talks about how much of the money Ze:A receives and health issues. 300k won is a bit less than 300 USD btw. Contracts like this arent uncommon. When Ukiss had two members kicked out, one revealed they receive no cut from their music profits.
http://omonatheydidn...m/14207169.html

Junyoung reveals upcoming contract changes:
http://omonatheydidn...m/14208526.html

Follow up and statement about contract change:
http://omonatheydidn...m/14210336.html

Defends himself against people calling him money hungry:
http://omonatheydidn...m/14214253.html

Kwanghee steps in and defends Junyoung:
http://omonatheydidn...m/14226069.html

ZE:A is my only real connection to K-pop, so I have a pretty deep love for them, this makes me so damn happy, I kid you not. In reality, ZE:A is Junyoung's group, so he deserves the leverage, plus it has always been obvious that SE is extremely shady. ZE:A not having success is so odd and makes no sense, that it was obvious something was going on behind the scenes. (sorry I am late, I haven't been paying attention).  

#76 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:42 PM

The lack of success isn't really odd, if you look at how poorly all the other Star Empire groups are doing. They haven't had a group hit it big since the original Jewelry. Obviously there's a lot of crap going on bts, but I wouldn't attribute that alone to why their groups aren't finding success.

#77 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:44 PM

Vixx is making a comeback Oct 14th! :D

#78 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:07 PM

Nu'Est are debuting in Japan on November 5th, with a song called Shalalala Ring.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I'm surprised it took so long given how often AS release in Japan. These covers are making me think 'ballad', though. >_>

Also, it turns out Got7's Japanese debut will be competing with Apink's. They're releasing NoNoNo on the same day.

#79 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:46 AM

With the news of the VIXX comeback, I forgot that I wanted to mention Soompi's kpop shop to all of you. If you go to the Soompi Specials page:

http://shop.soompi.c...oompi-specials/

You can see that they get a lot of deals where idols will sign a certain number of albums for them, and they're not expensive or anything. I wanted to let everyone know about it, because I think VIXX has done it before, so if you're lucky you might be able to get their upcoming mini signed. Sometimes it's by all the group or random, but if it's just one there is an option to let them know who you'd like and they do their best to secure that member for you. This is how I got my Got Love mini signed by Jackson and it was only like 20 USD. But you have to get it in the first couple days they put it up because stock is limited. Right now only the 2PM package if available and it's just one signed postcard, which I wouldn't bother with.

Also, if you don't own a kpop album, I really recommend it. They are SO nice for the price. They're bigger than regular CDs but have like mini-photobooks and stuff in them and they're really cool. I'll try to share photos later if I can.

Oh, and pretty much everything released by JYPE ever shows up on the site, if you're a fan of the company in general.

Edit: Also look at ALL the foreigners who got to see U-Kiss that are NOT me:

tumblr_nco3o9Tx0Q1qaq5eko1_500.jpg

I've followed this group since their debut. When is it going to be my turn : (

#80 ✮DanDan✮

✮DanDan✮

• Senpai
  • 829 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:26 AM

^ I know the feel u_u. Nobody ever comes to Orlando (but Block B did come to Miami but that's beside the point.), and since debut really? That's a really long time. 

I personally use kpopmart.com, but I have seen Soompi Kpop shop.

And Taylor is right, what you get is way more than what you pay for. 

FwQH1iq.jpg?1

From left to right top to bottom:  EXO-M- XOXO (I got a Kyungsoo photocard), BTOB- Thriller (Hyunsik photocard) , U-KISS- Collage, VIXX- hyde (Hyuk insert), VIXX- Voodoo Doll (Hyuk CD), f(x)- Red Light (Krystal photocard), SNSD- The Boys (Sunny photocard), VIXX- Jekyll (Hongbin insert) 

I got XOXO and hyde at a bookstore in Koreatown, NY and I bought Collage at a con, but all the others I bought through kpopmart and with the posters it was around $22-$24. 

KLgRg3V.jpg1eaKHPf.jpg?1z4pWcKc.jpg

lRg5x0s.jpgru948KS.jpgBXy7N6Y.jpg?1

c1r1f5s.jpg?2eJ1Ci5g.jpg?1

All the album contents 

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users