149 replies to this topic

#1 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:18 PM

AKB48 - 37th Single will be released 2014.08.27

This is the election single, so it will feature songs by selected members. This year there will be 5 groups: senbatsu, undergirls, next girls, future girls, upcoming girls. For detail who were selected please check the senbatsu election thread.

There will be 4 types of CD: I, II, III and IV. Each type has regular and limited edition press.
There is the Theater edition for individual members handshake event.
The detail setlists and video contents are still unannounced.

You can get them at usual places such as CDJapan:
http://www.cdjapan.c...roduct/KIZM-297

At Music day performance:

>
(update)
Sorry, early in the morning half asleep and mistyped the release year. Been fixed. thanks for noticing.

#2 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

Glad to see Kawaei back but I have nothing positive to say about the song :c

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#3 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

I need to give it a few more loops before I give a conclusion on it, but first-time listen is positive. It sounds nice and easy, catchy and cheerful - and not trying to be something it's not. So, well, that's good.

#4 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

Are we trying to start another dance craze or did we have to dumb it down that much for Mayu?

Might listen a few more times to see if it grows on me, but it's coming off to me as just another typical inoffensive, try not to rock the boat AKB song they've been pushing out for a while now. Really getting tired of this sound and I'm seeing very little reason to want to keep up the facade that I still find them interesting. I always hate to be negative, but this depresses me.

#5 Guest_StellaFleure_*

Guest_StellaFleure_*
  • Guests (Not logged in)

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

My first impression was "hmpf" (which has always been the case since/for several AKB48 A-sides). I too need to listen to it a few more times to see whether I get to like it more or not. Nevertheless I'm going to buy at least a copy because I'm interested in the B-sides.

#6 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

Sorry but I had to pinch myself to stay awake.

But yay, Ricchan.

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#7 AragonDx

AragonDx

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 435 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:35 PM

well, it's out of my expectation... in a bad way.

do they really want to repeat another 'dance boom' like KFC so they choose this song for Mayu?

man, she can do better than centering this kind of song...

the song isn't that bad actually, but I think that instead of making people dance, this song make people sleep. and its melody is too 'sweet' for my taste.

still, I'm gonna buy this one because of my Mayu, but really, in my opinion, this song is even worse than Heart Ereki (which I don't like).

btw, pink-ku, there's something wrong with the release date    fixed :good:

Untitled-1%2Bcopy22.png

Kimoto Kanon - Matsuoka Natsumi - Watanabe Mayu - Yagura Fuuko - Tanikawa Hijiri

#8 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

Having listened some more, while the initial "It sounds catchy" still remains true, I find it hollow, simple, and boring the more I listen to it. I just wish they could release something more of their old-school catalogue, like Yume wo shinaseru wake ni ikanai, Kioku no Dilemma, Mori e Ikou, Heart ga Kaze wo Hiita Yoru, etc. These are high-quality songs, and something like this would not alienate anybody - because let's face it: They still churn out ridiculously high sales-figures, but then, why not fresh it up a little more? It doesn't hurt to let a mainstream audience hear more quality songs with some meat on them, instead of cream-topping again and again. 

#9 yuufi

yuufi

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:21 PM

Haha, that's how I felt about Labrador Retriever in the beginning, Krusha. I like the song now, though.

Anyway, I actually really like this song, and excited to see the MV. I've replayed it plenty. The song is catchy and the dance seems pretty easy to follow. I think most singles have become a little boring after Acchan left. 

#10 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

Labrador Retriever might sound like a lightweight. I can certainly understand those who think so, but for whatever reason that song was really refreshing to me, as it had a sort of ethereal feel to it, what with the melody of the chorus etc. Songs like that I welcome, but when it gets too simple, it just disappoints. Anyways, imagine any of the songs I mentioned above as the next single (and that you've never heard them until then)? I'd probably scream like a little girl in excitement :D

#11 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:29 PM

I was really expecting them to come with a song that would become as legendary as Heavy Rotation or Flying Get, with Mayu being the centre and everything. I'd thought they wanted to give her a song like that.

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#12 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:36 PM

I really don't know what to think at the moment, like it perfectly fits into that narrow space between the good and the bad. At least let me dislike it at first and then turn it around into something possitive like with KFC. It sounds acceptable, I guess.

These outfits in this performance were nice enough, I guess, but doesn't leave any particular impression. As opposed to the SKE outfits that are ugly as crap, those Ibiza costumes are too much and that is why I love them, HKT got something really cute. 

The choreography is really simple, static and nice enough, I guess, as it fits the music but nothing memorable at all. I will complain over that it feels like there are 16 lone girls on stage and not a group working together. The choreography doesn't allow the girls to interact with each other.

As always... A PV preview with proper audio could change everything.

Not on topic but...

Kind of problematic when AKB performs and then SKENMBHKT shows up right after and does things better. AKB needs a reboot and I had hopes that the crap shuffle thingy would fix it but it didn't. Old gen girls like Yukirin, Kojiharu, Takamina hit a plateau years ago and should leave space for something new. Less sister-group involvement is also necessary to build something new from the ground again.

A stupid solution for the sales of the next single but good if you think 2016.

And...

Krusha sets the bar too high :D

#13 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

That Grand Reformation-whatever cannot and will not solve anything, ever. They can shuffle until they give themselves a hernia, it won't solve anything. What solves something, lies in the production and management. Not in shuffling around the girls ad infinitum.

And yes, it sucks being a perfectionist... You often get disappointed :P

#14 ☆RisaReinaSayu☆

☆RisaReinaSayu☆

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1748 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

To be honest I have nothing super good to say about the song but nothing super negative either. My only real negative is that the song doesn't have any punch which makes it feel quite dull. The song for me is simply okay. Shame on them for giving Mayu another below par song to center. I have to say this batch of girls makes for a unique vocal mix though, which was kind of neat.

#15 Team_K_Oshi

Team_K_Oshi

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

The song sounds like something that belongs in the soundtrack for the little mermaid. I hope the PV for it is very cute. I like it a lot but it doesn't feel a-side quality to me. I highly doubt it'll sell as well as KFC but we'll see.

My AKB48G Senbatsu (21nin): From AKB48: Takahashi Minami, Maeda Atsuko, Itano Tomomi, Kojima Haruna, Shinoda Mariko, Akimoto Sayaka, Oshima Yuko, Miyazawa Sae, Umeda Ayaka, Kasai Tomomi, Kashiwagi Yuki, & Watanabe Mayu <3  From Sister Groups: Matsui Jurina, Matsui Rena, Takayanagi Akane, Furukawa Airi, Kinoshita Yukiko,  Yamamoto Sayaka, Yamada Nana, Sashihara Rino, & Oota Aika My Next Generation AKB Favorites: Nagao Mariya, Muto Tomu, Iwata Karen, Tano Yuka, Natori Wakana, Omori Miyu, Aigasa Moe, Murayama Yuiri, Okada Nana, Nishino Miki, & Kojima Mako

#16 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:58 PM

That Grand Reformation-whatever cannot and will not solve anything, ever. They can shuffle until they give themselves a hernia, it won't solve anything. What solves something, lies in the production and management. Not in shuffling around the girls ad infinitum.

And yes, it sucks being a perfectionist... You often get disappointed :P

Yeah, I agree that bringing sh*tbuckets for everyone didn't solve anything. It could have been the grand creation of a new AKB48 though but it turned into a tragic and depressing shuffle that struck all groups. 

A resurrection of SDN48 with old gen AKB48 girls would have been a great moment of WTF and a media stunt to remember. It would also allow AKB48 to move towards something new and still keep the old ones around. 

AKS paniced when Yuko announced her graduation... sadly.

#17 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:43 AM

This wasn't what I was expecting for Mayuyu's center song :(

I've listened to it a few times already, and have really tried to like it. But...I don't know. :unsure:

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#18 Meekee-chan~desu

Meekee-chan~desu

チーム Sae ☆ Risa ☆ Sungmin

• Senpai
  • 762 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:50 AM

I for one really like the song! The dance on the other hand I can't stand, it's just so boring.

♥ Amber • Saho Akari • Ikuta Erina • Niigaki RisaMiyazawa Sae Lee Sungmin • Murakami Megumi • Kariyase Light ♥
tumblr_nrib1zUcfZ1tgdqiyo5_500.jpg
MM'18 | f(x) | SJ | 48G | UUG | FDJ | Tumblr | Sig. made by Xeluneas

#19 Ketchup

Ketchup

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 454 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:10 AM

It's alright....going to have to give it a few more listens.

#20 arden

arden

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

riho did the dancing much better than mayu... mayu looks bored. hahaha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users