• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#1 Team_K_Oshi

Team_K_Oshi

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:19 AM

I've been reading over at stage48 that the 38th single might be AKB only and about what AKB only really means. It got me thinking what are the hopes for this single? What are the non-hopes? Etc etc. My own hopes are simple. I want a Senbatsu that does not fail to represent anyone. Not the veteran Senbatsu staples, not the old gen loyalites, not the next gen nobodies, not the next gen pushes who still need to be properly groomed to replace them, not the sister groups. But I also don't want over representation for the sister groups. My hope is for the Senbatsu to look like the following.

Senbatsu (18 Members):

Team A - Takahashi Minami, Kojima Haruna, Shimazaki Haruka, Kawaei Rina, Iriyama Anna
Team K - Yokoyama Yui, Nagao Mariya, Kojima Mako
Team B - Kashiwagi Yuki, Watanabe Mayu
Team 4 - Minegishi Minami, Nishino Miki, Okada Nana, Kato Rena
SKE48 - Matsui Jurina
NMB48 - Yamamoto Sayaka
HKT48 - Sashihara Rino
Nogizaka46 - Ikoma Rina

My AKB48G Senbatsu (21nin): From AKB48: Takahashi Minami, Maeda Atsuko, Itano Tomomi, Kojima Haruna, Shinoda Mariko, Akimoto Sayaka, Oshima Yuko, Miyazawa Sae, Umeda Ayaka, Kasai Tomomi, Kashiwagi Yuki, & Watanabe Mayu <3  From Sister Groups: Matsui Jurina, Matsui Rena, Takayanagi Akane, Furukawa Airi, Kinoshita Yukiko,  Yamamoto Sayaka, Yamada Nana, Sashihara Rino, & Oota Aika My Next Generation AKB Favorites: Nagao Mariya, Muto Tomu, Iwata Karen, Tano Yuka, Natori Wakana, Omori Miyu, Aigasa Moe, Murayama Yuiri, Okada Nana, Nishino Miki, & Kojima Mako

#2 ☆RisaReinaSayu☆

☆RisaReinaSayu☆

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1748 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:44 AM

^I would welcome that Senbatsu for the 38th single any day, but the higher ups are such stubborn pigs that they will stick to 16nin Senbatsu like usual outside of the swimsuit single. It's a shame though b/c that 18nin Senbatsu you came up with really works. It's risky enough that sales might see some drop but not risky enough that sales would plummet beneath the million mark for the 1st week. I am supportive of the idea of 1 representative from the other groups only. Matsui Rena can have her outside SKE Senbatsu feature in Nogizaka's singles while Ikoma takes over for her on AKB singles. Milky has a scandal to recover from but I think they should let her swim in the swamp of her mistakes for a while (so as to make it sink in that rule breaking isn't okay since she has a scandal filled track record as it stands (many of which were buried or ignored but hey one of her dumb moves finally caught up with her)), or start grooming her replacement down in the Under Girls nest.

Sashi is non-expendable right now, and Sakura's young enough that she can wait it out until the next shuffle to be an HKT Senbatsu representative along side her. By then Matsui Rena's concurrency in Nogizaka and Ikoma's in AKB could end and we'd be back to 2 representatives per sister group. The only thing I'm not sure about when it comes to the Senbatsu you came up with is whether they would opt for Mariyagi for Senbatsu or someone else. She's getting up there in age. The more likely choice to me seems like Moechan. Even though she didn't rank I've heard her handshake turn out is quite good and her younger age makes her a more likely long term investment than Mariyagi. I don't think they'd do Tano Yuka without doing Muto Tomu and/or Takahashi Juri too. Me thinks those three would easily be Under Girls on the next few singles though.

#3 msmairtan

msmairtan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 803 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:49 AM

*Okada Nana is Team 4

#4 Team_K_Oshi

Team_K_Oshi

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

^Thanks for that. I will fix it.

My AKB48G Senbatsu (21nin): From AKB48: Takahashi Minami, Maeda Atsuko, Itano Tomomi, Kojima Haruna, Shinoda Mariko, Akimoto Sayaka, Oshima Yuko, Miyazawa Sae, Umeda Ayaka, Kasai Tomomi, Kashiwagi Yuki, & Watanabe Mayu <3  From Sister Groups: Matsui Jurina, Matsui Rena, Takayanagi Akane, Furukawa Airi, Kinoshita Yukiko,  Yamamoto Sayaka, Yamada Nana, Sashihara Rino, & Oota Aika My Next Generation AKB Favorites: Nagao Mariya, Muto Tomu, Iwata Karen, Tano Yuka, Natori Wakana, Omori Miyu, Aigasa Moe, Murayama Yuiri, Okada Nana, Nishino Miki, & Kojima Mako

#5 ☆RisaReinaSayu☆

☆RisaReinaSayu☆

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1748 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:20 AM

^Haha, I never even noticed that mistake. I have always had lots of trouble with Okada and Owada. Looks like it has extended to knowing which team they're on now too. -sigh- I wish it was reversed so the Senbatsu you came up with could look a bit more balanced. As if Team A having 5 representatives isn't bad enough, K and B are sorely lacking in members management is eager to push. Not sure who has it worse between them K with Jurina, Sayanee, and Haruppi to represent them in their stead while they waste away in the theater and on b-sides or B with just Yukirin and Mayuyu as seems to be a trend since the formation of B.

#6 drahzaar

drahzaar

510 Bengonin

• Senpai
  • 2392 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:03 AM

... whether they would opt for Mariyagi for Senbatsu or someone else. She's getting up there in age. 

but she still looks like she's 10 years old!  Bq2_F_z_CYAA8_WAW.jpg

haha, but really when I saw this today I was thinking it looked like mama rie and little yagi on her first day of school  XD

I like that idea though, Team_K_Oshi.  A senbatsu that is just akb members but no clear agenda like all pushed girls, new girls, or old girls.  Yagi is pretty far down the list in new team k though.  I think each team should get representation from at least one member from 9th-12th and one from 13th-15th.  That would be cool.  In addition to some of the usuals~

h_obanner.jpg

#7 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:37 PM

For me .. most of the time .. the girls I like don't get high enough to get to AKB48 senbatsu ..so I am usually not really concern about the senbatsu ..
but in recent time there are a few who are hopeful for it ..Sakura, Renacchi and Naachan ..

But for me .. my hope is for them to bring the "dark" single back ..
usually after the election result single .. they have the "dark" single which is really nice ..
we have 2009 - River, 2010 - Beginner, 2011 - Kaze wa Fuiteiru, 2012 - Uza ..
then last year 2013, we got Heart Electric .. ??!!??!! ..
I really hope they bring back the "dark" single ..

what I do not want is another of those surprise center .. last year is Kojiharu .. please don't make this year like Yukirin or Takamina center song ..

In all .. I really want a good and meaningful song .. maybe something to show their resilient ..especially after the saw incident ..

#8 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:11 PM

They need to shake it up more. I don't want more predictable and boring "standard" songs. Look back at the time when RIVER was released, then Sakura no Shiori, etc. It was a long row of surprising and diverse titles. I want that again. I don't want So long, Maeshika Muka nee, etc. etc. It's dull and zzzz-inducing.

#9 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

For me .. I want standard songs .. because that is what really make them great .. if things are great .. why change it .. its fine if its predictable .. because we know what to expect ..
even though the sound of something refreshing is good but its should be use sparingly ..
Usually people tend to go for what is predictable or within their expectation because that is the reason why people like them in the first place and also it makes them comfortable ..
Having too many shake up and randomness in their work make them lost direction and forgettable ..
shake up would work at the beginning but it has no long term benefit .. its like a restaurant who change their menu everyday .. it would be exciting at the beginning but after 3 days in a row of them selling what you hate eating .. you will surely move on for good .. but for someone who sell the same thing everyday .. you may get sick of it for a while but you will surely come back another time one day ..

#10 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

When I mention "standard songs", I mention what's predictable and boring. Songs like So long, Maeshika Muka Nee, Eien Pressure, Suzukake. These are songs that are so boring I don't want to listen to them more than once, and in fact with Maeshika and So long I've probably listened to them both a total of less than 6 times. I'd prefer listening to Merzbow's Annihiloscilator instead.

So, they need songs that shakes it some more. KFC was one of those songs. 

I want more of that.

#11 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

Maeshika and So long .. lol ya.. me too.. I think I lasted even less time..
I just want like the usual with some surprise
For example..
spring single .. they can mix it up.. for something refreshing..
The summer single.. idolish bikini single because that's what I look forward to every year ..
The result single.. they can also mix it up depending on the winner ..
The autumn single.. I still hope for the dark songs because that's also what I look forward to..
Then the janken single.. they can also mix it up depending on the winner..

I hope for this kind of predictability.. I get at least 2 times a year something I like..
While I risk liking or hating it for the other 3 single a year.
That's what I hope for..

#12 Raami

Raami

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 538 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

I didn't saw the Title mentioned here.

37th Single is called "Kokoro no Placard" i just really hope it get's a good recognition like it did with Heavy Rotation and Koisuru Fortune Cookie. 

#13 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

I want a dark song again like in the really early days.

signature3.png

#14 Numanazami

Numanazami

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

You mean like "Seifuku ga Jama wo suru" and "Keibetsu Shiteita Aijou" ?

#15 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:02 PM

You mean like "Seifuku ga Jama wo suru" and "Keibetsu Shiteita Aijou" ?

Yeah, a song in a style similar to those. Something brave and unique and not some generic idol sound remix. :)

signature3.png

#16 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:13 PM

I'd be surprised if Sayaka isn't in the front row for this one. Don't know about center, but I could see them tailoring a song for her in this case, which might benefit AKB (while hurting NMB). Or they'll just put her near the front of another cruddy song plucked from the Koisuru Fortune Cookie reject pile.

#17 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:15 PM

Akimoto has said as well - at least a couple of years ago - that he really likes the older songs and would want to do something like that again, but I wonder if he's not afraid of the lack of mainstream support... 

#18 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:55 AM

I dunno about center and senbatsu..
While It's a nice though for them to have a change of who is in front or at the center.
And it would be nice for them to have some new comer..
But I think we should not hope for too much..

Because 48G single senbatsu are usually tag to advertising and promotion for other companies..
Especially with Yuko gone.. the advertising value has gone down some more..

If you want Sayaka or Jurina or Sasshi to front your product.. you would go for NMB48 SKE48 and HKT48 rather than AKB48.. because the sister group should be more affordable..
If we go along this line.. AKB48 in order to keep their own advertising value would have to use people like Mayu..

As i thought about this .. the only way to keep the value of AKB48 is to up the value of the sister groups ..
So to do that .. they brought over some expensive advertising value people like Yukirin to NMB48 ..
Which make me think about the delay and changes to the NMB48 single.. it could be they value NMB48 so high that no one is willing to pay for them.. with no advertising money.. the single may be heading for lost given their huge event obligations for single.. changing it into an album would save them as it is more expensive but less event obigation to fulfil.. furthermore ..the main song is already done the cost is sunk ..
They got to recover it fast. ..

So looking at it this way .. i would think .. they should put mayu in the center and the sisters elite like Jurina , Sayaka, sasshi in front ..
Lol.. just my random thoughts and this thoughts linking with other thoughts.. :P

#19 ☆RisaReinaSayu☆

☆RisaReinaSayu☆

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1748 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

^I could see a front row of Ikoma, Sayanee, Mayuyu, Jurina, Sashi for the next swimsuit single if they want to have a front line representative from each group. That's the one single that can afford a front row of 5 members. Though it makes me wonder how many members it would feature if that were the case.

21nin Senbatsu would have:
5 Members in the Front Row
7 Members in the Middle Row
9 Members in the Back Row
It might mean fairer screentime.
The drawback is management can't push every single girl they want to see rank if they use 21nin Senbatsu.

If they went with 26nin senbatsu and used front row of 5 and middle + two back rows of 7 they can push another five of the members they want to see rank but then the formation would look kind of stupid when they are dancing on the beach and the rows are all the same except for the first. 2 more rows of 7 members and they can do 40nin Senbatsu and push an insane amount of girls (who probably won't have much screen time but its the principle of the matter).

#20 Numanazami

Numanazami

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:41 PM

I wonder AKB will produce slower tempo song again, I mean like Sakura no Kini Narou,,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users