• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Chimai

Chimai

Kamonegikkusu~

• Senpai
  • 4214 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:03 AM

Akdong Musician is a Korean sibling duo signed to YG Entertainment with a style best described as a blend of pop and folk. They made their debut on the audition show K-Pop Star in 2012 and won, becoming very popular even when they were just contestants. They just made their official debut last month with their first album, PLAY.

In my opinion, these guys are amazing. I mean it, even if you think that you don't like K-Pop, I still highly recommend you check them out because they are just that great!

AKMU.png

Lee Chan Hyuk is the brother. He is 17 years old and writes the lyrics to and composes all of their songs as well as providing vocals and guitar. Lee Soo Hyun is the sister. She only just turned 15 years old a few days ago and she provides the main vocals as well as percussion. They are so young and so talented, it's amazing!

Discography

1st Studio Album - PLAY
250px-PLAY_AKMU_cover.jpg
Released: April 7th, 2014
Tracklist:
  1. Give Love
  2. 200%
  3. Eoreumdeul (얼음들; Melted)
  4. Jihacheoleseo (지하철에서; At the Subway)
  5. Gareuma (가르마; Parted Hair)
  6. Ingongjandi (인공잔디; Artificial Grass)
  7. Annyeong (안녕; Hi)
  8. Jageunbyeol (작은별; Little Star)
  9. Girina (길이나; Path)
  10. Sojae (소재; Subject)
  11. Galaxy
In the tracklist above I have linked to audio-only YouTube videos that include lyrics! I highly suggest you pay attention to them, some of them are really witty and just plain great. I love the lyrics to "Artificial Grass" especially. Their lyrics (and their music in general) has an air of innocence about them that I adore.

I have had this album on loop for the past several days and haven't gotten tired of it at all! I like all of the songs but my personal favorites are Give Love, 200%, Artificial Grass, Subject (although I prefer the live acoustic ver.), and Galaxy.

Here are the music videos for Melted, 200%, and Give Love!

Give Love's music video is a continuation of 200%'s. You can understand most of it from just watching (it's really cute!) but for those that don't know Korean, in the music video for Give Love it is revealed that the girl who Soo Hyun thought was the cute tall guy's girlfriend is actually her brother (because the text she receives from him says 'Mom said to come home for dinner')!

I hope you enjoy the Akdong Musician cuties! They have other songs that were released during K-Pop Star but I'm too lazy to link right now, haha.

#2 kagaki

kagaki

I love Captain too much...

• Senpai
  • 4781 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:15 AM

It's good to see YG stray away from the hip hop style groups like Bug Bang and 2NE1 for now. I really like 200% by them! and their talent is seriously impressive :D

83647689.jpg

Set created by reinalovesllamas~

Shimizu Saki and Okai Chisato

#3 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:34 AM

This was the first song I heard of them :lol: I love them!

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#4 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:42 PM

I've been listening to their album since they released it! It honestly so great.  :good:

It's good to see YG stray away from the hip hop style groups like Bug Bang and 2NE1 for now. I really like 200% by them! and their talent is seriously impressive :D

It's not so much YG, AKMU compose and lyric most, if not all of their songs, YG just checks them and gives it the okay ^^;

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#5 kagaki

kagaki

I love Captain too much...

• Senpai
  • 4781 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

Oh, well at least they have their own set of freedom with their music XD

83647689.jpg

Set created by reinalovesllamas~

Shimizu Saki and Okai Chisato

#6 aira慶一郎

aira慶一郎

TEAM C-ute

• Senpai
  • 1715 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:34 PM

it don't like kpop but i love their songs 

#7 Rice-chan

Rice-chan

Life is like Fishfingers and Custard: Oddly Satisfying

• Senpai
  • 1720 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:24 PM

I absolutely love this duo. 

I heard 'I Love You' when it came out and it was just so cute!

Now I listen to their new album non-stop.

Melted is definitely my favorite track. the MV that goes with has such great meaning and really emphasizes the meaning of the lyrics. 

sd1ppf.png

+ My Tumblr! + My Graphics Thread +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users