Photo

[10/5] Morning Musume '14 live in New York City!

morning musume

• Please log in to reply
643 replies to this topic

#41 taskinist

taskinist

akane's soldier

• Senpai
  • 2675 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:11 PM

You should keep an eye on Porter Airlines for specials: https://www.flyporter.com

I'll probably take a Megabus down because my fiance lives in the state and wants to just join our bus in Syracuse, but I didn't even think of checking Porter!! Thanks!

haga akane 12th gen danbara ruru

#42 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:54 PM

I was so shocked to hear the news. This is so exciting!!!

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#43 malgorium

malgorium

kogarasumaru

• Senpai
  • 1549 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:58 PM

if anybody has any questions regarding the infrastructure of the city (or any other how's and why's), please feel free to message me  :good:

see ya there!

#44 bitesizedjuli

bitesizedjuli

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:50 PM

I am very, very excited for this news! I was excited when Momusu was going to LA back in '09 but it was too far from me

I didn't really know or expect when they'd come back, but New York is so much closer to me so I will definitely try to go this time ♥

#45 lunalux45

lunalux45

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 264 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:10 AM

As for going economically, I recommend this article:http://frugaltravele...type=blogs&_r=0

You can find a place to stay only 10 minutes away from broadway for around $50 using the AirBnB website the article suggests, and AirfareWatchdog really works to find cheap(er) flights!

ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ

~Hamaura Ayano, Murota Mizuki, Fukumura Mizuki, Hagiwara Mai, Inaba Manaka~

~Makino Maria~

.:*:・'゜Sayashi Riho':*:.

rihoo.tumblr.com

#46 takitty81

takitty81

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:14 AM

Here I will go for sure. Have been excited for the whole day!!!!

#47 LiamMusume

LiamMusume

Mitsui Aika、Wada Ayaka、Iikubo Haruna

• Senpai
  • 2454 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:22 AM

€490-€500 are the cheapest flights I can find.. I really want to go but I will have to see how far my budget can stretch O_O
I still plan on trying to buy a VIP ticket and if I can't go I could just sell it on. (I hope)

#48 Nozofan

Nozofan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 865 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:58 AM

I'm planning on going with a bunch of my friends :D !

#49 kiwichan08

kiwichan08

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:33 AM

YESSSSSS~

I saw the news on my twitter feed this morning but the excitement has still not died out for me.

I never thought they would come to NY. I'm DEFINITELY going. I seriously cannot wait!!!

As for the best buy theater, I've been there already a few times because of kpop concerts and it's really not that of a a big venue. It's large enough to have a decent sized concert but it ain't no nakano sun plaza. The only seats that's in there is all the way in the back. The general area has no seats so it's def gonna be a mostly standing concert.

*As for VIP, from what I've seen with kpop concerts, VIP ticket holders usually stand on on the side. Like next to sides of the stage there's a higher level to stand. Not sure if it's gonna be that way as well at this concert but most likely it will be.

Pic:

2ujiaki.png

**also does anyone know what they light sticks wotas use at concerts? I remember I written the name somewhere but now I can't find it.

Edit: Never mind: They're called King Blade x10 (for anyone else who is interested).

Qu5y7gP.jpg

Ai  Sayumi   Haruna  ♥ Masaki

#50 l33t4rtist

l33t4rtist

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 504 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:17 AM

I hope that's not where VIP sit that looks so awkward like you cant see anything at all from that angle. (The whole bottom VIP part you circled looks like its blocked by the curtain). I figure this will mostly be GA so more people can come but I did see some pictures where they put seats on the GA Floor and I'm not sure how they plan on setting this up yet. Most concerts that I know in GA standing clubs that have VIP usually mean that you get right in front of the stage with special badges/ or get let in earlier than regular tickets so then you can go right in front of the stage.

#51 rayned_kei

rayned_kei

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:01 AM

Are you kidding me? Oh I am totally there. I won't have to do anything. So ditching work.

• Edit
  • To the people who have purchased before can you just purchase directly from StubHub or do you have to go to the location itself?

#52 pollypan

pollypan

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:18 AM

Can't believe they will come to NYC before Sayu graduates from MM!!!Definitely going to buy the VIP ticket!

Michishige Sayumi :: Kumai Yurina ::: Jurina:Acchan:Mayuyu
Posted Image
BERRYZ KOUBOU DAISUKI^^

#53 55Cyanides

55Cyanides

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 173 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:38 AM

I'm definitely going. Also, I'm down for reserving a hotel room and having people share if need be.

#54 daviddavid

daviddavid

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:56 AM

I'm in NYC so I will go.......... Hopefully
Still this is like a dream come true - I am so happy I will get to see Sayumi before she graduates..... and Riho of course ;)

#55 kiwichan08

kiwichan08

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:29 AM

Are you kidding me? Oh I am totally there. I won't have to do anything. So ditching work.

• Edit
  • To the people who have purchased before can you just purchase directly from StubHub or do you have to go to the location itself?

For concerts at Best Buy Theater I've only bought through ticketmaster and axs.

Qu5y7gP.jpg

Ai  Sayumi   Haruna  ♥ Masaki

#56 xKO

xKO

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:33 AM

Because I missed my chance to see MM in 2009, I really want to go to this concert. I'm on the West coast though, so I'll have to try to save up some money if I want to travel to NY, but MM and Sayu are sooo worth it!

giphy.gif

Morning Musume'20

Oda ♡ Nonaka ♡ Fukumura Rio

(Ya'll, don't sleep on Meimi's music)

#57 bh82

bh82

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 259 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:38 AM

I'm in LA but will try to make the trip if my schedule permits. My wife has been wanting to go to NYC so it should work out for both of us!

It will be kind of weird seeing momusu without Japan culture surrounded them, but I'll take what I can get!

I wonder what kind of events they'll have leading up to it. Obviously, we don't normally have things like handshake events in the US.

B8G3jue.jpg

My travelogue, about touring Japan with GWAR and my experience

with Morning Musume '14, is now available on Amazon Kindle.

#58 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:32 PM

The first post could maybe use this info:

The "Regular" $42 ticket is an "All-standing ticket". It says 「オールスタンディング: 前売$42」(All standing: Advance price $42) on this page: http://www.helloproject.com/news/1675/

Also, the $100 V.I.P. ticket includes a signed priority concert entry pass + CD.

So... that means that people with VIP passes will be allowed to enter first, and everyone else after. There will probably be no seats and it will be pick-your-spot-free-for-all when you enter...
Custom programmable LED pegboard. If anyone wants to make a similar thing, PM me and I will help you out =)

#59 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:37 PM

I saw this on tumblr and couldn't help but laugh ^^;

"The venue Morning Musume will be performing in at NYC holds 2,000 guests."

You know what that means?

TWO THOUSAND PEOPLE ON THE DANCEFLOOR

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#60 Batsy

Batsy

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

I live in Arizona, and like many others, lost my chance to go see them in 2009 when my travel plans fell apart at the last minute. New York is a long way away, but I'm sure I can save up and steal out there for a long weekend. I wonder when tickets will go on sale; I hope they'll announce it in advance because things like this always seem to start releasing tickets at 8 am eastern time, which means I have to set an early alarm in the morning :P

gundansiggy_zps6a8edda0.png

モーニング娘。大好き
deviantart | lampflower.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users