• Please log in to reply
900 replies to this topic

#381 Happy Now?

Happy Now?

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2775 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:39 PM

I totally caved, and I regret NOTHING! It was amazing. 

I would have liked to wait, but there were just way too many spoilers floating around, and I didn't want to ruin the ending. I think I've said this before, but for TV shows, movies, etc, I don't even like to watch previews. And for something like this, something that I've been waiting months to see, I really didn't want to know the ending outside of just watching it. 

I understood it well enough, but I'm still looking forward to the subtitles to clear up some details. 

#382 beyooooonk

beyooooonk

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1220 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:44 PM

Everyone's caving! XD I kinda wish I could watch it before the NYC concert (or on the car ride there) but the fact that someone even IS subbing this is wonderful. I've seen some accidental spoilers (thanks, Facebook and icons of H!O users! :P) but I can guess that Duu has a critical part in the evilness of this play... I can't wait! Thanks Estrea and I hope you feel better!

Posted Image

#383 Happy Now?

Happy Now?

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2775 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:12 PM

^

Yeah, that was my cue. When I saw that H!O icon, I was just like, "NOPE", and I knew I had to watch it. It had gone too far! lol

#384 KuronoKame

KuronoKame

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 389 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:25 PM

Duu reached a certain level of insanity (once Hitoribocchi no Snow starts because that's when things start to go downhill) that it's visible in her eyes. That's amazing for a fourteen year old and someone playing an opposite gender. Meimei, too. Those two just won me over with their performances (I'm not being biased either. Those two are my oshis in Momusu and S/mileage respectively. The dhampir line is the best!)

Spoiler

「孤独なサバイバー

#385 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:58 PM

^

I think Duu's character is called Farrus. That's what the kanji says anyway, and that's what they call him.

#386 KuronoKame

KuronoKame

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 389 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:18 AM

^

I think Duu's character is called Farrus. That's what the kanji says anyway, and that's what they call him.

Um, no. Duu's character is named False. It stands for False Bindweed (which I believe is also another name for Morning Glory. All I know is that the scientific name is Calystegia). Remember, all of the characters' names are flowers. It's pretty weird that the katakana translates to something else (which is pretty easy to mistake as Farrus and it also translates to something very... disturbing if you were to put his katakana name in google translate) but in the official pamphlet it does say "Haruka Kudo as False"

「孤独なサバイバー

#387 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:49 AM

Well, ファルソ (faruso) can be read as both Farrus and False. False, since there is no real "l" sound in Japanese and consonants (except for "n") can't stand alone.

In the idea of flower names, False for False Bindweed makes more sense.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#388 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:56 AM

Yeah, I forgot flowers, False does make a lot of sense.

Spoiler

#389 KuronoKame

KuronoKame

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 389 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:27 AM

It's ファルス (Fa-ru-su), btw. 

Yeah, I forgot flowers, False does make a lot of sense.

Spoiler

Spoiler

「孤独なサバイバー

#390 Sky☆Dancer

Sky☆Dancer

Flitering Through the Clouds

• Senpai
  • 895 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:57 AM

This is literally a conversation of spoilers and I am so tempted to read them!! Let this be the one plot twist I don't spoil for myself XD

I agree, the temptation is so strong >.< But with next to no Japanese skills, I would get lost very easily. I mean from expression and tone of voices I could sort of follow along but not as well as knowing what is being said. I have listen to some songs. I did get this idea from watching the "Princess Marguerite" song and the translation. So the "I'm the cutest" ego has been passed from Rika (maybe she got it from older member, but I know it for sure started with her) to Sayumi, but what if Masaki inherited this? Her character (or at least from the song) seemed to be a pretty arrogant one and Masaki seemed to play it pretty well.

#391 Happy Now?

Happy Now?

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2775 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 03:03 AM

The "I'm the cutest" ones right now are Eripon and Duu.  <3 It kind of seems like Eripon's just exaggerating it for her character, but Duu just thinks it's a matter of fact.  ^-^ I'm not arguing. 

#392 KuronoKame

KuronoKame

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 389 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 03:05 AM

I did get this idea from watching the "Princess Marguerite" song and the translation. So the "I'm the cutest" ego has been passed from Rika (maybe she got it from older member, but I know it for sure started with her) to Sayumi, but what if Masaki inherited this? Her character (or at least from the song) seemed to be a pretty arrogant one and Masaki seemed to play it pretty well.

I think it was said that Marguerite was based on Maachan herself, so I guess before things go downhill, Maachan didn't have that much to do in terms of acting. It's like she was just given lines to memorize and got told to be herself. Too much Maachan

「孤独なサバイバー

#393 amberjack

amberjack

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 03:49 AM

Maachan didn't have that much to do in terms of acting.

What! Come on, you can't just simplify things like that. First of all we don't even know if Maa-chan's whole personality as an idol is an act or not. Secondly, she still had lines to remember, all of which were executed perfectly.

#394 Happy Now?

Happy Now?

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2775 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:12 AM

Real spoiler:

Spoiler

#395 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:24 AM

^

Spoiler

Er... I was going to watch it again, but after it kept me up all night (watching it in a dark room, at night, with earbuds in at a high volume wasn't my brightest idea), I'll just wait till morning. But I'm still not back to reality. All I thought about today was Lilium.

#396 avanpiper

avanpiper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 991 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:28 AM

Maachan didn't have that much to do in terms of acting.

What! Come on, you can't just simplify things like that. First of all we don't even know if Maa-chan's whole personality as an idol is an act or not. Secondly, she still had lines to remember, all of which were executed perfectly.

Even though Marguerite was overflowing with Maachan for me, I actually quite enjoy every scene she had even if very limited. I thought she did well for her parts too, but then all I saw was really just Maachan in real life put on stage :lol: Not necessarily a bad thing either because that character was meant to be like that. In terms of acting, I can't judge yet unless she's given an entirely different character in the future. Funny thing is, I didn't find her annoying at all :ph34r:

#397 Estrea

Estrea

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 475 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:22 AM

Oh hi! Everyone's so worked up over this. My work here is done muahahaha (ok, not done until subs are released, I admit).

Progress report: 

- My partner had to re-time a lot of the lines because the DVD audio threw things off. So, delay.

- Audio commentary still not done translating, I'm about halfway now though.

Also, BREAKING NEWS:

The TRUMP series is now a saga. I'm not kidding. There are a total of 7 other plays he is planning for the series, which started with TRUMP, and continued in Lilium this year. We have SPECTER next year, and a direct sequel to Lilium at a yet unannounced date. And many many more.

The play titles and the summaries in spoiler tags below.

Spoiler

I guess I know what I'm doing with my life for the next 7 years. XD

idei4oBR.jpg

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

#398 wahodes

wahodes

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 565 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:35 AM

^dude you should get paid for all this work you do omg. Meanwhile its getting increasingly difficult to pass by all the videos/gifsets/photosets/people raging about how good it is, being posted on tumblr..but I will endure it!! It'll be worth it in the end. 

Sayashi Riho ★  13ki  Oda Sakura  Akiyama Mao  Danbara Ruru  Kiyono Momohime 

#399 KuronoKame

KuronoKame

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 389 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:53 AM

Too excited for SPECTER and Snow, Moon, Flowers. I don't think I can handle seeing Lord Dali after what I've witnessed in TRUMP, though. 

I've been too lazy to make gifs for tumblr, so count me out on those. Actually, I haven't posted anything about Lilium which is surprising, but then again, I'm just waiting for my DVD to finally come to me before I can post anything. (I wanted to post the photos from the booklet that came with it, but not the ones with spoilers since I respect those who haven't watched it yet.)

「孤独なサバイバー

#400 joshmos

joshmos

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 858 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:11 AM

I have NO idea what any of you are talking about as I want to wait for the subs..I have avoided spoilers (so far) and know little about this or any of the other plays in the series. I will say I am looking soooooooooo forward to this!! 

It is my understanding, however, and correct me if I'm wrong, that the other plays have not had nor will have any H!P involvement outside of "Lilium"...

MOZENATOR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users