4 replies to this topic

#1 ps99

ps99

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 226 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

Random Observations on NHK World

*Weird Voices on the Dub -All Japanese voices have an American Dub, so pensioners from Ueno sound like they are are tourists from the US. I wonder if they take the trouble to really assign the right accent - a rough, tough Docker from the Kansai region should have a Bronx accent, perhaps?

*Stilted is not the word -It's like watching the BBC from the 50's when the news is on.

*Another Travel Doc - You can't go wrong for slooow Documentaries about sausage weavers of Niigata or Pendulum Crushers of Hokkaido. All with annoying Lift music and a presenter who sounds like he might just vote for that Eisenhower fellow.

Mind You, I cant stop watching! :c18:

#2 culex

culex

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:11 PM

I watched a doco on a teenage girl moving from the country to city for school. She was really embarrassed having to ask her mom to show her how to ride the bus and they showed other country/city clashing and the drama of her having to move away. They really played it up and I guess I am a sucker because I watched the whole thing.

#3 cdean12343

cdean12343

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:01 AM

Interesting observation!

#4 cdean12343

cdean12343

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:35 AM

I think I might try next week to see this!

I'm going to see now if I can find some subtitles! ^_^

Shame there aren't more english dubs for these shows.

#5 Saburo

Saburo

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:14 PM

Foodie programs are my thang, specifically "Dining With The Chef" and "Trails to Oishii Tokyo."

乾杯 BABY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users