August 13th, 2015 - Bon Fes @ Shibuya O-EAST

August 2nd, 2015 - Odaiba Idol Festival @ Tokyo Leisure Land Palette Town

#42 xdusk

xdusk

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:28 PM

Bunch of new videos. I'm glad they're getting to be more active with releasing live footage.

Emi's mic dies at one point in this one, but Buchou saves the day.  :lol:

#43 xdusk

xdusk

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:38 PM

DEATHRABBITS' 5th single, "Nande?" will be released on November 11th. It's going to be another ramen/CD package like their 3rd, "Omatsuri JAPAN!! Kokuhaku Night". This time it will feature "Kitakata salt" flavoring.

%E3%81%AA%E3%82%93%E3%81%A7.jpg 

http://deathrabbits.com/news/

Track List:

1. Nande? (なんで?)
  2. Kaijuu ANPONTAN (怪獣ANPONTAN)
  3. なんで?[Instrumental]
  4. 怪獣ANPONTAN [Instrumental]
+ Bonus Track: Nande? (the version Buchou recorded cuz he felt like it)
+ DEATHRABBITS/Buchou a cappella versions of each song for remixing purposes

#44 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:31 PM

On DEATHRABBITS goods page on their main website, it says that they released an album. However, I haven't been able to find any information about when it was released. Does anyone on here know?

#45 xdusk

xdusk

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:56 PM

On DEATHRABBITS goods page on their main website, it says that they released an album. However, I haven't been able to find any information about when it was released. Does anyone on here know?

Their first album, Dai Ichiji Usagi Taisen, was released on September 3rd, 2014.

#46 olorosooso

olorosooso

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 12:39 PM

New MV, Nande?

#47 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:37 PM

Now you've done it. If it wasn't for that post with the new video they'd still be just somewhere in the back of my head like PREDIANNA. If you wonder what that means, it essentially means I'll check up on them only every few months because I like some of the girls but can't really connect to the music (hence why I'm not really following them). But seeing the video for "Nande?" somehow caused me to dig into them again, a bit more this time, which essentially led me to hours of devouring their videos. As for the reason, it's basically that I've now completely fallen for Emi. ^^; She had my interests before but now I understand a lot more about them as a group too and she just makes me feel the same as Hitomi Arai from TGS did back in the day (I mentioned before that I see similarities). They both kind of seem to be prodigies.

First things first, the MV and song. The repeated "nande" parts like for example the first 20 seconds are the kind of stuff I didn't like about them before. It's kind of odd, even off beat at times. But it's experimental, and I kind of get it more now I think. It's not like I particularly like those parts but I guess can accept them easier now? Before I liked the "Bucho, Bucho, kanzaki Bucho" spoken parts in "Koisuru Kisetsu" too even though it seemed a bit off. I'm learning to love those things I guess, I'm seeing their appeal. Anyways, the verse is cute and so is the chorus. Emi's solo lines are a gift from heaven. They also seem to continue to make her sing English lines for some reason (the intro of "Death Rabbits gun no nana kajyou" was English too, and incredibly awesome as that). I guess it makes sense to build on her vocal abilities and especially pronunciation skills which are quite rare, at her age too. Not really a fan of English language in idol music but it's still an acceptable level for me I guess. Well it's a good song. I hope it will do well, I wanna see them proceed their way, they are only in their 2nd year after all. 

As I said, today was a turning point for me in regards to them. Emi's intro in the older song I talked about really hit straight to the heart. ^^; It's a fun song, has a fun dance and I love the outfits they had there the most out of all their outfits. The new ones are nice too but it doesn't beat the older outfit to me. I like the black and white theme, all those different accessories on Emi, the awesome knee-highs and cute skirt (zettai ryouiki never fails to look awesome) as well as the adorable ribbons. Anyways here's the video, already talked about the amount of English, and those lines are just incredibly well done.

The biggest influence for me to dig in this much was this video I think:

It has the outfits I like so much, but it helped me understand the girls' characters, the role of Bucho but also how the fans play into it. The fans really impressed me. Those MC sections are pure gold even if you don't speak Japanese. It seems like fans who accidentally cheer for Bucho automatically out themselves as being new, and the way the other fans cracked up and welcomed him in was hilarious. It makes the girls laugh too, in other videos I saw basically dead silence for Bucho except for some really slow claps. Anyways, can someone explain to me what the thing is Bucho and Emi do during the MC? It seems like she says something else in every show but it always gets a huge reaction from the crowd, as well as Bucho.

During "Hell near bucho" I noticed more consciously that their dances are actually quite unique too. They have some really interesting moves. I like the ones in this song a lot (and the crowd as always getting away from and ignoring Bucho is priceless). Right after is "Sekaijuu ni arigato" which again has really awesome crowd interaction, making the girls crack up in the process. Then from 13:30 onwards I'm somehow completely in love with the dance and again experimental sounding sound. The cute waving, pointing...and later during the (kind of) breakdown those bending and pulling movies where Emi also tends to bite on her lips a lot for some reason ^^; I just can't get enough of the DEATH RABBITS experience now I guess. Well, the 2nd MC is funny too when one fan says something (Emi cracks up) and again one fan accidentally cheering for Bucho. Just watch the whole video if you haven't already, it's great.

So that's kind of my story. It's long, sorry about that, I'm just excited about them now I guess. Don't let it fool you that 99% of what I write seems to be about Emi, it's not like I don't like Yuzu or Karin. I like their characters a lot and they grow on me. Emi just has a really big place in my heart now, especially because I see those similarities to Hitomi Arai.

One last thing, I saw some places say Emi's actual name is Manami, and after checking the kanji for her name it seems correct. How come?

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#48 xdusk

xdusk

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:22 AM

One last thing, I saw some places say Emi's actual name is Manami, and after checking the kanji for her name it seems correct. How come?

Name kanjis can have a lot of readings and which reading/pronunciation someone uses can vary from person to person. 愛実 could be Manami or Emi (or even more possibilities!). It's why you hope new, lesser known groups you discover include the furigana of their members' names in case they use a reading you may not expect, heh.

---

They added to their website a free, legal download of the coupling track "Kaijuu ANPONTAN". 

http://deathrabbits.com/trip/

I think "Nande?" is good, but this song does a lot more for me! So good.

#49 atmospherium

atmospherium

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 398 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:29 PM

The new single "Nande?" might be their most J-Pop sounding song so far. I like it very much, and love the hilarious video. I was worried they might be moving away from their unique Death Pop sound, but today I downloaded "Kaiju ANPONTAN" and was comforted. They are still DEATHRABBITS.

Yuzu%20Sept%202015a_zpsdcrhaxcq.jpg

#50 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:10 PM

Yeah if a group does something unique there is always the risk that they sacrifice some of that uniqueness in hopes of expanding their fanbase. It might have actually worked in my case (seeing that wall of text) but I definitely hope they will stick to what they did. So far I like all of what they did, but the older stuff has a certain charm I somehow didn't get before (it's weird how that works).The coupling track is definitely great like you said. Can't wait to see how the dance for it will look like. 

Thanks for explaining that about Emi's name by the way.

Can you help me out regarding the song that is used in this video? I'm guessing it's a solo track she did as part of usa*usa? 

Never mind, just saw it's track 6 on their album.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#51 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:57 AM

iwabo, nice post there on the 8th Oct :good:

Nande? MV was so weird but entertaining :lol:

I feel sorry for not updating this thread since I started it :respect:

And the 3 girls have grown up already ^_^
They look like kids in the early videos.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#52 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:03 PM

I didn't see this coming ^^;

Lady Baby vs Death Rabbits!

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#53 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:50 PM

It had been announced for a while actually, wonder how that will turn out. ^^; I'm expecting a nice little wrestling skit between the two.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the way I understood the promo video was that it's basically Bucho and Ladybeard trying to fight as there can only be one group like them with a mix of idols and a grown up man. Ladybeard is apparently confused about why Bucho talks about being a mix of a grown up man + idols while Ladybaby is three idol girls (sticking to the whole "I'm a 5yo girl" chara) and the girls themselves are just like "meh whatever" about the whole thing with Rei being in her super scary chara as always. Correct? I'm basing this on my less than basic Japanese skills. Getting better every day but still faaaaaar away. ^^;

I really hope fans, especially the Western fanbase of Ladybaby, will recognize this is a joke too and won't get too serious about it. Sadly a few people in the Babymetal fanbase always like to talk crap about both Ladybaby and Death Rabbits.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#54 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:58 PM

I was hoping through out that video for Bucho to butt head Ladybeard :lol: XD

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#55 atmospherium

atmospherium

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 398 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:17 PM

Sadly a few people in the Babymetal fanbase always like to talk crap about both Ladybaby and Death Rabbits.

Well, I'm not going to talk like that about anyone, but I do see Ladybeard as hideous and creepy. I wish Ladybaby would just do their own thing, and leave DR and BM alone to do theirs.

#56 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:51 PM

No comment ^^;

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#57 atmospherium

atmospherium

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 398 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:03 AM

Yuzu. Because Yuzu.

YuzuOct15_zpsieuuuaki.jpg

She is probably not wearing Duet Sport Marbled Clogs.

#58 xdusk

xdusk

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:52 PM

Lyric video for "Kaijuu ANPONTAN"

#59 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 05:08 PM

I was so excited when I saw the video pop up, too bad it's just a lyric video, would have loved to see a dance.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#60 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 02:08 PM

CSFT6FzVEAA_F7f.jpg

Too cute ^^;

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3