20 replies to this topic

#1 ♦ AyakaMoon ♦♫♪

♦ AyakaMoon ♦♫♪

Dawa Fangirl

• Senpai
  • 1236 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:13 AM

RYUTist.jpg
(Right to Left: Muu-tan, Tomochi, Wakka, and Nonno)

RYUTist is a 4-member group from the Niigata prefecture.
They performed at the annual Tokyo Idol Festival in both 2012 and 2013.
They have their own theater and they perform there weekly.

Additionally, RYUTist will be coming to the United States and performing the Idol Matsuri convention in June!!

Please watch the introduction video they made for fans in the United States.

You may enable subtitles by pressing the "CC" button at the bottom of the video.

0a998deeabdaafb835c02a79ec9e5246.jpg

Name: Sato Nonoko

Nickname: "Nonno" (Leader)

Birthday: November 24 1995

998c72ac69807573b83986abadbf0399.jpg

Name: Uno Tomoe-

Nickname: "Tomochi" 

Birthday: April 1 1999

Member color: Pink

d3cddf6839f41213ccf97e6d9dcaf06b.jpg
Name: Ooishi Wakana

Nickname: "Wakka" 

Birthday: July 17 1999

Member color: Purple

cba71b91ca7bd518fa5ff634f55e9a86.jpg
Name: Ikarashi Muu

Nickname: "Muu-tan" 

Birthday: January 5 2001

Member color: Green

0bf425fae121e41e9a5717be1e07cd26.jpg

Former member:
Name: Kimura Yuri

Nickname: "Yuriri" (graduated November 2012)

Birthday: November 3 1995
Member Color: Red

Links to learn more about RYUTist:

Facebook page

Homepage
Ameblo Blog 
Twitter
Youtube page:

Wada Ayaka

#2 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:23 AM

Good first post!  Just missing one thing: birthdays!  :) 

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#3 ♦ AyakaMoon ♦♫♪

♦ AyakaMoon ♦♫♪

Dawa Fangirl

• Senpai
  • 1236 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:58 AM

Good first post!  Just missing one thing: birthdays!   :)

Good call, thanks!

Wada Ayaka

#4 MTSayuRin

MTSayuRin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1066 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:05 AM

I'm so glad RYUTist are going, they are a lovely group. ^^ Songs-wise I particularly recommend Beat Goes On and Raririreru. I spotted a tiny mistake in the Muu-tan info, her birth year is actually 2001.

#5 ♦ AyakaMoon ♦♫♪

♦ AyakaMoon ♦♫♪

Dawa Fangirl

• Senpai
  • 1236 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

I'm so glad RYUTist are going, they are a lovely group. ^^ Songs-wise I particularly recommend Beat Goes On and Raririreru. I spotted a tiny mistake in the Muu-tan info, her birth year is actually 2001.

Indeed <3 
Raririreru is probably my favorite from the group.
Thanks for spotting the error, will fix. 

Wada Ayaka

#6 joshmos

joshmos

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 858 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

Cool ! thanks for the info this helps get to know them!!

MOZENATOR

#7 ♦ AyakaMoon ♦♫♪

♦ AyakaMoon ♦♫♪

Dawa Fangirl

• Senpai
  • 1236 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

Let's help RYUTist get to Idol Matsuri   :D

Here's the link to the fundraiser

We need all the support we can get.   :good: 

Wada Ayaka

#8 L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:27 AM

I am so loving this group.

This is weird to say but... their 3 songs on iTunes (forgot the exact names), sound better than 90% of idol music I've heard. It's really catchy and pleasant but imo doesn't sound so cookie cutter. I could leave it on repeat while many other idol music I can't really. I was quite surprised with the quality.

Anyhow, I live in state so I will be so excited to see them! In fact the main reason I want to go is because my Japanese High School girl crush looks just like Nonoko. They're ridiculously similar I bet they could swap for a day  :ph34r: She's my favorite now of course! 

#9 MTSayuRin

MTSayuRin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1066 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

^ Nonno really reminds me of Maimi. :) She's lovely. I think Tomochy is my favourite though.

I totally agree about the songs. I would rank them very high on my list of favourite idol songs of all time. They are easy to listen to and beautiful, yet catchy. I bought Beat Goes On on iTunes and I've been looping the single so much. Omusubi and Tetsugaku Suru no Da I've found here on the tracker, and Omusubi has become a new favourite. That's all I've been able to find. CDJapan only sells Beat Goes On and I think there's nothing on YesAsia, so I guess overseas fans will have to use a proxy service for CDs and especially other goods. Or buy them at Idol Matsuri? :) I'm not going though, it's too far for me, I'm in Europe.

Edit: Their releases might not be easy to obtain, but it's amazing how active they are online. My feeds on Twitter, YouTube and even Facebook have a lot of RYUTist every day. They have a regular Ustream show and their Facebook page has info in English. Their Twitter account is very friendly, they even reply to tweets. I was surprised once that even my tweet saying nothing but "I love watching RYUTist lives" (in English!) was favourited. So they are easy to follow from anywhere in the world.

#10 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:44 AM

"Raririreru" is on "Japan Idol File", track 1, CD 1.  

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#11 dj-anon

dj-anon

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:23 PM

My favorite ryutist clip:

#12 MTSayuRin

MTSayuRin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1066 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:17 PM

^ Haha! Muutan is so adorable. ^^

I came to this thread with some news. I'll just copy and paste what I posted in a Facebook group earlier today.

RYUTist will release their 3rd single on the 10th of August 2014, titled Wind Chime! ~街のトンネル~ or Wind Chime! ~Machi no Tonneru~ (town tunnel?). I believe it's a song that they have performed before, here: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=KZGJbGCvwD0. Here's their blog entry from yesterday regarding the release: http://ameblo.jp/ryu...1841207145.html.

Please correct me if I did a mistake with the title or something. I'm not 100% sure whether 街 is read "machi" or something else.

#13 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:24 PM

Each Japanese artist performing at Idol Matsuri has different security requirements.  From Facebook here are RYUTist's: bodygaurds and bag and jacket checks.   

#14 L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:52 AM

@MT: Thanks for the heads up. I'll be on the look out for the other songs. I'm feeling deprived of their surprisingly good music.

@miyoshi: That's interesting. Are they checking for weapons or are they taking all of our cellphones? I'm surprised there are checks considering Sakuracon in Seattle never does any checks and has countless idols. Berryz didn't even have checks either. I didn't know it was that serious they'd need bodyguards either. Though other places usually have 1 or 2 guard staff standing around in the back. 

Btw, is ANYONE going to Washington for Idol-Matsuri? I'd love to meet up! I'm a pretty casual idol fan but it would be nice to hang out with people from the forum. I'm pretty chill myself. Honestly my friend is a big idol fan and convinced me to go (it's actually really far for me though I live in WA), but then he threw a tantrum last month and never told me why and won't talk to me so he pretty much bailed. Now I have to work out transportation, etc myself or risk losing the money I spent on it by not going. I'd love to go but I really wanted to go with friends. Hopefully someone on the boards is going :P

#15 L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:56 AM

Met Ryutist and wow, they sing good and are soo cute!

However they didn't impress me nearly as much as the other idol group Aither. I'm NOT saying Ryutist is bad but that just got outshown by the other group. Mainly being is that Aither really knew how to please the fans and give fan service. They were really energetic and loved goofing around with themselves and guests. Ryutist on the other hand seemed really rigged and formal. Almost like I was meeting AKB. They had strict rules and always were prim and proper. Tbh I couldn't even tell if they were having fun because their responses seemed very "pre-programmed." They had perfect "press" answers to every question and were always just smiling and walking by respectfully. They basically kept themselves at a distance while Aither used their charms to draw others in. I think I could even write a blog entry on this!

Even that said, I still love Ryutist and they still have amazing songs. I just think they could've brought more to the table and gave more of a competition to Aither (who got glowing reviews from the guests). 

#16 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

^

I agree with what you said.  (The "fan service" comment isn't the exact way I'd put it, though.)  RYUTist are a good group, but they seemed so reserved.  I was the first in line at the handshake events for both Aither and RYUTist, and the RYUTist girls kept holding my hand for the longest time, as if they were afraid to let go!  Maybe this is standard for these events, because I've never been to one before.  They kept repeating "Thank you", which is nice, but that seems to be all they said.  Their concert was really good, but Aither blew them away when they came on.  I look at it this way: RYUTist were pretty good for an opening act, but the main event was clearly Aither!  The fact that RYUTist opted out of cheki photos and insisted that the only way you could get a photo was by using your own camera was pretty bad.  I had a camera (my mom's actually), so a photographer took my photo with RYUTist.  (It's an old fashioned type of camera so I need to have the photos developed at a drug store or some place.)  

I reserved a bus ride from the hotel back to the airport for 5:20 a.m., and to my surprise RYUTist and the staff went on the same bus!  They sat in the back, and I would have loved to chat with them (through their translator), but they all seemed so tired so I didn't say anything.  Of course this didn't stop the bus driver from asking questions, most of which I answered.  I told the bus driver that "ohayo" is " good morning".  He then said I could be the translator.  I had to inform him I only knew about five words in Japanese!  He asked more questions which I thought the translator for RYUTist should answer, but she was half asleep.  I told him about the convention, who RYUTIst were and how to pronounce their name and he said, "Ladies and gentlemen, for your entertainment, RYUTIst!  You can sing anytime!"  The girls cheered when they heard their name, but didn't sing.  I told them after the bus ride that I loved the concert.  I'm not sure they understood me.  I saw them go one way to get their tickets and I went the other way.  So there's my RYUTist story, however silly it may be.  

And here's short video of the handshake event.  I'm the guy in the first 12 seconds with the purple shirt and long hair.   ;)

#17 Batsy

Batsy

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:11 AM

I loved RYUtist's performance. I think I'd only seen older videos of them, so I was really impressed by how much they'd grown! Their dancing is very sharp and in-sync. I might have teared up a bit during Beat Goes On...

It's true that the girls were pretty reserved compared to the other Japanese guests, but they were still very nice. I've still got my eyes out for the photo they took holding the picture I drew of them.

gundansiggy_zps6a8edda0.png

モーニング娘。大好き
deviantart | lampflower.net

#18 MTSayuRin

MTSayuRin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1066 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:11 PM

RYUTist's 3rd single Wind Chime! ~Machi no Tunnel~ was released yesterday. I really like the song, it's pretty. ^^

http://www.cdjapan.c...roduct/DAKRRA-9

I don't visit this thread (or H!O) often, so I only just read your experiences from Idol Matsuri. Thanks for sharing, L.Lawliet and I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka, it was interesting!

Edit. All three songs from the single in this digest:

#19 kinkiboy

kinkiboy

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:21 PM

I watched accidentally some videos of RYUTist. and they really amaze me. nice songs, beatiful girls. nice dance moves. and today see this video... and... wow!!!  she's very good.

I LOVE ALL OF THE GIRLS hahahaha

#20 MTSayuRin

MTSayuRin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1066 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:17 PM

RYUTist will release their first album called "RYUTist HOME LIVE" on the 14th of August. More info here. If I understand it correctly, it will be venue only (on that date)? I really want to buy it though!

Edit on the 30th of July: available on CDJapan! :) http://www.cdjapan.c...oduct/DAKRRA-10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users