• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#121 Tony Oguri

Tony Oguri

Connoisseur of Fine Ladies

• Senpai
  • 2385 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

It's pretty cool that Jo Eriko got promoted.  That's the key announcement of the whole shuffle.

edit:

A couple more thoughts...

Every girl involved in a move is powerful enough to make a positive impact.  Someone is thinking about them.  Where can they put their influence and strengths to the best use.

It's doubtful that any of the moves were done so to intentionally hurt a group or a team.  For example, the thought might have been, how can we make Team-K the most awesome?  Let's put Mako-chan on it.  So now, Team-K is sugoi excellent.

There is a question.  More of a wondering.  Will Mio, Sakura, and Haruka now be considered AKB48 enough to have their merchandise in the AKB48 Shop and Cafe's?  That would be super cool. 

ym.jpg

World's greatest and #1 fan of Oguri Yui, Yahagi Moeka, and Chiba Erii.

#122 Amoz

Amoz

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2054 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

Tony: you should re-read the list before saying too many things. Mio, Sakura and Haruka are all still HKT members, just with Kennin stuff in AKB. Tani and Chori were transferred tho.

Internet killed common sense.

#123 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:00 PM

What is interesting to me this time is structure ..
All the teams are no longer limited to 16 members a teams ..
this open up to many possibilities ..
For example like in future .. we may not get different group KKS ..
we may get a 48G KKS which they can go any groups ..

Another notable thing is the introduction of official vice captain ..
I dunno the usefulness of that .. but now we got one more statistic to consider ..LOL

#124 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

Well for some groups their captain wasn't around in stage performances very often, maybe this is to remedy that. The captain is the member with the experience etc to be captain but is often busy so a sub captain(or leader as some are listed as) is useful... I guess.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#125 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

So, while I initially said I am against this shuffle, something I still am, there's a few thoughts I've made about this shuffle. Of course all of this is subject to change over time, and I wouldn't be surprised if it changes. It all depends on the management, on the teams, and on the girls themselves.

"The Good":
- Promotions of Kenkyuusei. Several kenkyuusei girls promoted in all the groups and I am very happy about that. One of my favorites, Miion, was promoted to Team 4, a team that seems to have kept the core of its original roster. Team 4 is also the current most popular team, although of course it's affected by the shuffle as most teams are. Still, I think for Miion, Riorin, Komiharu, and Kiichan, that this is very good. For Team 4 in particular, it's very good to have Miion there, as her and Naanya are the two most popular 15th gen girls.

- Aanya in Team N as concurrent member. To me if Aanya were to be moved anywhere, it'd have to be to AKB48 or NMB48 and of course as a concurrent member. In these places she would get a new playground to unfold her talents in. I think Aanya is one of the girls who has a huge potential, but she's young, and she needs lots of help. She often resorts to stupid one-liner gags, which are more awkward than hilarious. Where she shines however, is in variety shows when she gets to use her sense of comedy and smarts to do things physically or utter various funny lines. But to successfully do this, you need a good environment. HKT48 of course is this - it's the group with the most funny variety shows in all of 48G - but perhaps she can get more comedy training under Yoshimoto.

- Komari as vice captain. Unfortunately she was not made full captain. But Komari deserves to be a leader. She's got all the qualities for this.

- All draftees in their original teams. Though to me that was to be expected. For those who crave new blood or are interested in new girls, almost all the draftees are very interesting. So definitely look out for those.

- Team A gets Paruru, Kojiharu, but also gets Chori, Nao (concurrent), Sakura (concurrent), Fuuchan (concurrent).

- Yuihan as captain in Team K. If she had been demoted from captainship that would've been very stupid.

- Tanochan and Moechan in Team K. This was something I had expected to happen beforehand. Both are very good dancers and this is a definite improvement for Team K and for what that team is supposed to be. Also the promotion of Yuami to Team K is very fitting.

- Team K in general. This was the team that needed the most repair, and obviously they've shuffled a little internally in AKB48 but also added Haruppi, and the big one in Sayanee. Jurina still there. Yuihan returns, and as mentioned above Moechan and Tanochan as well. Kojimako leaves Team 4 for Team K. I think right now Team K is looking very solid.

- Team B now has the old members of Yukirin/Mayuyu/Tanamin, but also gets Mio (concurrent), which is a fantastic addition. And of course Maachun. The interesting thing however is the Mayuyu/Ikoma (concurrent) pair-up because Mayuyu has the hots for Nogizaka46 and especially Ikoma, and now the two of them gets to be together. This is crazy.

- Team 4 got Yuria as permanent member, Ripopo and Shibuya as concurrent member. For Team 4 having both Yuria and Ripopo is big. And they are still keeping their image as a "young and fresh" team.

- Ikoma Rina to Team B (concurrent). In one smooth move, AKS ensured that Nogizaka46 fans have now a reason to purchase AKB48 material (if they didn't have a reason before), and may now also vote for her in election. And that may be a good thing or a bad thing, because she's the only Nogizaka46 girl in 48G, so perhaps we'll see some massive power voting for her.

- For Team S, getting Boss (concurrent), Milky (concurrent), Sae (concurrent), Ranran, and Karen is pretty good.

- Team KII gets Minarun, Yuurin, Nana (concurrent).

- Team E gets Suuchan and Marika (Rena finally gets to be close to her oshimen).

- Team N gets Yukirin (concurrent), Yuuri, Uuka, Ayarin, Aanya (concurrent), Keira.

- Team M has Jo returning, gets Riichan, Mirurun, Reinyan, and also Anchuu.

- Team BII gets Milky, Miorin, Umechan, Kanakichi, Chihhii, Haru, Shibuya, and Churi (concurrent).

- HKT48 gets to remain relatively unchanged.

- Chikarina moved to JKT48. What's good about this, is that I hope she gets a chance to shine in JKT48. While JKT48 isn't in Japan, and I have no idea what ideas for the future she has, at least I hope the Indonesian fans will give her a good welcome, and show her their appreciation more than what the Japanese fans have done. Because in Japan she has pretty much been at the bottom of the barrel in terms of popularity. It's a pity, because she's full of positivity, is a good singer, good dancer, entertaining, and a good team player. So she deserves so much more.

"The Bad":

- Yuria moved. I really wonder how this will unfold. It is quite clear that she's a very popular SKE48 member and I wonder how she will take this and how SKE48 fans are reacting to it.

- Maachun moved. This is also a tough one. I could understand a concurrency, but moved? Oh well.

- Sae captain, Neesan vice captain. Now here what's bad is not Sae as a leader or Neesan as a leader, but how it should be the exact opposite. Neesan is the oldest 48G member and I hope she continues into her early 30's for that matter. She looks young, she's pretty, and she's awesome. But she's been in SKE48 far longer than Sae (...), and she should be the captain here. Because while Sae was a core member of old Team K which is a legendary team, why be a captain of a team if it's in a concurrent position? I would at least think that a captainship means you're there in the team permanently. After Sae's speech in 2013 election, I would've thought her a lost cause, not to return to Japan again. But here she is, in SKE48 as a captain and concurrent member.

- Chori and Marika moved. HKT48 losing these two is not good. It's good for the teams getting them, but I really feel sorry for them. Chori was crying tears of joy when she was announced as part of the HKT48 single senbatsu recently in their concert, as she was "finally back". But now, now she's off to Team A. And I really just don't see her as part of AKB48 senbatsu ever. No way. So she has lost out on HKT48 senbatsu and gets to enjoy playing second fiddle in the stage shows... As for Marika going to SKE48, this to me is possibly even worse. Maybe, just maybe she has a shot at SKE48 senbatsu, but she loses out on HKT48 variety shows, where she was outrageously funny. And while SKE48 just had a very funny show in Ebinai, that to me was a rarity rather than the norm. SKE48 really doesn't have a lot of awesome shows, and I feel Marika is losing out on that.

- Rena to Nogizaka46 as concurrent member. For Nogizaka46 this is probably good, but I wonder what Rena thinks about it. Personally I think it's a waste of time.

- No promotion of Yamarina. God damn it.

- Takamina as both general manager and captain. Here I think they should've let Komari get the full captainship, really.

- Team BII is spread all over now.

- Assuming the new stages still follow the 16-member principle, we will still get members that are left behind in the shadows. For AKB48 with 22 members per teams, this will be especially apparent. So setting aside the entire AKB48 senbatsu challenge, there's the challenge of making the theater team itself, and of course be able to get on TV shows. Impossibly hard now with all the imports.

#126 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

No promotion of Yamarina. God damn it.

This is and isn't a bit of a surprise. She actually performed with Team M today, but given the stature of favoritism among the three promoted members (for lack of a better term), it was next to impossible to expect her before those three, but I get the feeling she's not too far off, would just depend how team sizes will dictate their promotions.

Of course, seeing Yuumin's reaction to being passed over again, I hope she is close too. She just seems over it. You can also tell Jo has some guilt getting promoted before other girls even though it was almost certain she'd get a quick promotion.

Lots of frustration to go around today. Sure hope it was worth it.

#127 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

Yeah when I heard "Jo Eriko" I was like "Yeah OK no surprise there..."

All in all with regards to this there's both a big amount of disappointment (that they had to do this at all, and some of their choices), but as with everything 48G has ever done, I will wait and see how it pans out. I mostly hope management can fix their issues, because there's usually not much of a problem with any of the girls so... The girls can make good teams if they want to.

#128 Gakisan <3

Gakisan <3

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:58 PM

So who do you guys think management will now push as front-runners in the different teams?

For instance, in Team 4, There's still the 2 Musketeers, but now they've also got Kato Rena, so who exactly will be center?  

K's a bit of a mystery, too.

Jurina, in all likelihood, will probably keep her center spot, but it wouldn't be surprising either if Sayanee challenged that role. And what about future star Kojimako? And Yuihan/Kitarie/Haruppi/Tano/Nagao? Where will their places be?

#129 Ketchup

Ketchup

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 454 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:07 AM

Wow crazy stuff.  Sad to see Tani & Chyori leave as they have great chemistry with the rest of the group & each other.  I do think it's a big opportunity for Chyori as once people recognize how awesome she is in variety shows, she's in the perfect place where there's ton of opportunities (ie Tokyo) and to a lesser extent Marika with her in Nagoya now..  Personally, I would've loved to see Rena get concurrency in HKT48...it'll be heaven for her with all the lolis running around :D

#130 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:15 AM

Mmmm that's what I thought about Chori when I heard she moved to AKB. I wondered if she might get some work like Shiichan eventually, she has the talent for it.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#131 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:21 AM

I got the shuffle changes from Stage48 in English, for those of you who cannot read Japanese  :good:

Announcements

STAFF

AKB48 Group General Manager: Kayano Shinobu
Head of AKB48 Customer Center: Togasaki Tomonobu

AKB48 Theater Manager: Yuasa Hiroshi
SKE48 Theater Manager: Imamura Etsuro, Shiba Kazuya (kenkyuusei)
NMB48 Theater Manager: Kaneko Takeshi
HKT48 Theater Manager: Ozaki Atsuki, Sashihara Rino

AKB48 General Manager / Soukantoku: Takahashi Minami
AKB48 Group Kenkyuusei "Society President" (研究生会会長) and Lifetime Honorary Kenkyuusei: Matsumura Kaori

AKB48

Team A
Spoiler

Team K
Spoiler

Team B
Spoiler

Team 4
Spoiler

SKE48

Team S
Spoiler

Team KII
Spoiler

Team E
Spoiler

NMB48

Team N
Spoiler

Team M
Spoiler

Team BII
Spoiler

HKT48

Team H
Spoiler

Team KIV
Spoiler

Team Kaigai
Chikano Rina to JKT48

Concurrent Position
Spoiler

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#132 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:22 AM

Unbelievable. Just put the popular members from other group to popularize AKB groups. I never like concurrency, taxing members too much.

From the news:

#133 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:39 AM

See, even they touched about how the aces of the sister groups got sent to fill up team K.

Retarded decisions everywhere.

Also, Watanabe Miyuki was pretty happy to hear that Kashiwagi would enter team N in that footage, which is obviously before she herself found out that she wouldn't even be in team N anymore. It's these sort of things that got me even more pissed off at management.

#134 kobwad

kobwad

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:12 AM

You're wrong. The announcement of Milky in BII is way ahead of the announcement of Yukirin in N.

Yukirin was only announced to have kennin position in team N reformation announcement. Milky was announced to have kennin in S and new position in BII in team S reformation announcement.

#135 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:28 AM

I wouldn't know because I don't have a Japanese theater nearby that live-streamed the event, so I'll take your word for it. I judged based on what I got to see on the video, which is practically the only footage we ever got to see about the event as of this day.

But instead of arguing about what came first, I'd like it if you just talked about your opinions on the actual daisokaku instead.

#136 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:38 AM

He didn't argue, he merely corrected your mistake. Milky was announced part of Team S and Team BII at the same time, and that was long before Yukirin. :)

#137 Tony Oguri

Tony Oguri

Connoisseur of Fine Ladies

• Senpai
  • 2385 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:47 AM

Hopefully at some point in time there will be a shuffle/re-org that puts Jo Eriko and Kojima Mako on the same team so they could do that Ookami to Pride song like Kumi and Yuria.  That would be over the top hot.

ym.jpg

World's greatest and #1 fan of Oguri Yui, Yahagi Moeka, and Chiba Erii.

#138 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:50 AM

Isn't it funny how they always do these huge shuffles when the Ace of AKB is graduating? (Maeda - Tokyo Dome Shuffle, Yuko - Reformation). Anyway, on to my thoughts~ 

Just as I predicted with team K, they won't bother trying to push the current girls forward if they weren't in senbatsu singles before, so they'll just add in Senbatsu members from other groups.

But it just had to be Sayanee huh? I'll take this as a good thing because it means more screen time for her, but I hope she doesn't overwork herself anymore than she already has.

I don't see why everyone is shocked about Sae tbh. Management knew they flopped when they lost hope in her and sent her to SNH, only to regret it and try to take it back. Their plans clearly fell flat on it's face when Sae announced live that she want's nothing to do with AKB any longer, so what other choice do they have? Send her to the next popular 48 group which is *ding ding ding* SKE48. And hey, she's a great candidate for a leader, but she can't be an AKB captain, so lets make her captain of Team S. She didn't say she wanted nothing to do with SKE, and she's barely done anything in SNH, so why not? Anyway, glad to see Sae finally excepting what's given to her haha 

Rena seemed extremely shocked but I couldn't figure out whether she was upset or not. Being swapped with Ikoma Rina makes me think they are using them as guinea pigs to test the waters with the most popular members, and if that works out, officially join N46 with the sister groups and maybe let them join the elections? 

I'm so happy about the original AKB 1-3rd gens (or what's left of them) going back to their original teams. Although somethings is telling me they're going to stop pushing Mayuyu and start pushing Paruru again, It's like they went "2012: Mayu Watanabe, Team A.........2013: After all that push you still didn't make #1 ?!!................2014: That clearly didn't work, Mayu Watababe, Team B."  Personally, Paru being in Team A makes it a lot more easier to follow my favorite group while following my oshis. Team K look extremely promising with Yuihan and Sayanee so I'm excited to see their next Team song  ^_^

Over all I'm pretty happy with this, I'm liking the way teams A, K, B, S, KII, N and BII are looking, I can't wait to see how all of this will affect the elections. Whether fans will protest by mass voting or protest by not voting at all (the latter is a pretty stupid option imo). I can see where management were coming from with letting the lesser known members shine, I think it will slowly start to show after the summer single. 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#139 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:27 AM

Now that I have had time to cool off and let things set in for a bit. Here's my two cents on a few things:

AKB

Spoiler

SKE

Spoiler

NMB

Spoiler

HKT

Spoiler

Also would like to mention how I'm so happy Harugon is still in JKT. I'm also quite welcoming to Chikariina - smart move :lol:

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#140 droopy10

droopy10

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1267 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:31 AM

Some of my thought since I had to wait the whole day before getting on here.

First, my first impression of the event was that nothing big was going to happen, why move around so many members... I was wrong. After looking at all of the movement, I feel that their first goal was to add a bit more to AKB48, specifically to Teams A,K,and B. I do feel that they moved girls to different groups in what they felt would benefit the girls in terms of improving their 48G skills and giving them more/a bit more media attention. But they completely ignored the dynamics of each group to mainly focus on "even-ish" Teams.

Won't touch on every move but

I'm pretty happy with how HKT48 came out. The loss of Chori and Tani will be noticed during theater MCs and there shows but it doesn't effect senbatsu too much. Wonder how this will effect Natsu and Chori's radio show, very funny. Pretty neutral on the Kanon concurrency but glad it wasn't an older member. Hopeful that the members that are concurrent with other Teams use the opportunity to grow.

Surprised that all of the draftee were promoted already, I expected them to "study" for a couple more months before their promotions. On a similar note, all AKB48 kks promoted was also surprising.

Gettas-san got it part right, Sayanee would lose her captaincy but only because she will be concurrent with Team K. Nice to see YokoYamaMoto back together.

Good for Komari.

Expecting regular senbatsu appearances for Tomu after being put in Team A. At the moment AKB48 seems to be back to Stars/Athletic/Cute, with Team 4 just being young. They must really believe in some of those girls to make it like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users