• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

So I've been going through a phase of obsession with Momusu。 Doujin games and thought I'd start a thread to share the ones I know of and see if anyone else knows where to find/download some others.

Lately I've been playing 娘。聖戦 (Musume。 Seisen), which is a very well made rpg which an interesting story and true to character dialogue.  The story primarily focuses on Morning Musume。, although the Berryz, ℃-ute and S/mileage are also all featured and playable.  

It has a fairly standard (albeit rather simplistic) rpg battle system that's made interesting thanks to the coupling system (in which you get stats bonuses for having certain members together), and the fact that nearly all of the special moves (called neta/ネタ) are accompanied by actual voice clips and often video.  Furthermore all the in game music tracks are instrumental variations of Hello!Project songs and many of the enemies are Hello!Project related.

Attached File  Title.png   442.07K   11 downloadsAttached File  part.png   221.2K   14 downloadsAttached File  combo.png   194.53K   15 downloads

Attached File  Maasa.png   230.58K   16 downloadsAttached File  yasuda.png   224.23K   13 downloads

The most recent version (0.9910) can be downloaded from the developer's page here: 

http://morning-rpg.s...naws.com/jihad/

Plus my translation: https://mega.nz/#!50...8Ae9ut7qLXZACSA

I also have played a bit of the recently finished (I think) ℃-ute RPG, which is also fairly well made.  Although it doesn't quite have Musume。Seisen's production value, it has true to character dialogue and an entertaining enough story.

http://www1.axfc.net...ader/so/3003522

And then of course there's "Hello! Project Battle Festival" which has had a thread here for years: 

http://www.hello-onl...e/?hl= fighting

Anyways... if anyone else is interested in H!P games or have ones that they know of, please share~

Update: Thank you WhiteForte for finding a download link for Musume。Seisen Reloaded: http://web.archive.o...kame/index.html

Also thanks to Estrea, Rokun and WhiteForte for this DL link of Harunan Quest:http://www.mediafire...est_ver1.15.zip

#2 tomandre13

tomandre13

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

The  Musume。 Seisen preview looks interesting! I think I'm going to try this game :w00t:

#3 WhiteForte

WhiteForte

Eternal Berryz工房

• Senpai
  • 4112 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:00 AM

I'm always interested in this kind of games, but the Dragon Quest's battle system of RPG maker XP puts me down. They could have at least made it top down looking with a simple script.

Tokunaga Chinami
Kanazawa Tomoko
Asakura Kiki
Ogata Risa
Matsunaga Riai

#4 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:15 AM

I'm always interested in this kind of games, but the Dragon Quest's battle system of RPG maker XP puts me down. They could have at least made it top down looking with a simple script.

What's wrong with the Dragon Quest style point of view?   XD

Though even if you don't like the battle system, I think the fact that it's a Morning Musume。 game with really true to character dialogue, an awesome (if a bit off the wall at times) story, lots of ネタ references (I have no idea what most English speaking fans refer to Neta as, sorry  ^^;) and has lots of cool variations of instrumental versions of H!P songs should be enough for it~ 

Also, where else are you going to play a game where (Spoiler alert)

Spoiler

#5 TommyKupo

TommyKupo

Borneo-san

• Senpai
  • 1557 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:16 AM

I tested out one of my friend's demo game using RPG Maker, he said that some extra coding needed to change the battle screen.  

J7ElkW0.jpg

#6 tomandre13

tomandre13

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

Just finished download the game, but I can't run the "Game.exe" :(

It said "RPGVXAce RTP is required to run the game". Any solutions for my problem?

#7 TommyKupo

TommyKupo

Borneo-san

• Senpai
  • 1557 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

^

You will have to download that RPGVXAce RTP(Runtime packages) and install it for this game to work.

http://www.rpgmakerw...n-time-packages

J7ElkW0.jpg

#8 WhiteForte

WhiteForte

Eternal Berryz工房

• Senpai
  • 4112 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

I tested out one of my friend's demo game using RPG Maker, he said that some extra coding needed to change the battle screen.

Yep, I have worked with RPG maker for years, and at this time (or even years before) it's just a copy/paste to do that.
The only problem is with that you need battle sprites.

What's wrong with the Dragon Quest style point of view? XD
Though even if you don't like the battle system, I think the fact that it's a Morning Musume。 game with really true to character dialogue, an awesome (if a bit off the wall at times) story, lots of ネタ references (I have no idea what most English speaking fans refer to Neta as, sorry ^^;) and has lots of cool variations of instrumental versions of H!P songs should be enough for it~
Also, where else are you going to play a game where (Spoiler alert)

Spoiler

Well, I wouldn't really mind the Dragon Quest style, but the fact that is in Japanese and I don't get to follow the story, I get nothing of fun out of it XD

Tokunaga Chinami
Kanazawa Tomoko
Asakura Kiki
Ogata Risa
Matsunaga Riai

#9 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

Well, I wouldn't really mind the Dragon Quest style, but the fact that is in Japanese and I don't get to follow the story, I get nothing of fun out of it XD

Ahh I see; that probably does make it a bit harder to enjoy then, XD

Though speaking of not understanding stuff, I was actually considering going through and maybe doing a screenshot LP sort of thing with translations below the images so those of you whom are non-Japanese speakers can still enjoy the story.  Would anybody be interested if I were to do that?
(Or if anyone knows enough about RPG maker and would know how to replace the text in this, I'd be willing to make translations for that purpose)

#10 WhiteForte

WhiteForte

Eternal Berryz工房

• Senpai
  • 4112 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

I know that rpg maker games can be "disassembled" and then translated, but it would be better to ask the original makers if they allow us to do that. If they say yes, they could even handle over the original project, in which case I can help to give you the raw text and the put it back.

Tokunaga Chinami
Kanazawa Tomoko
Asakura Kiki
Ogata Risa
Matsunaga Riai

#11 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:35 PM

^ Unfortunately it seems that the creator hasn't left behind any contact information on the game's site, and the only 2ch threads he made for the game are for year old versions and have all been locked.

#12 WhiteForte

WhiteForte

Eternal Berryz工房

• Senpai
  • 4112 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

There is no way to make them show up? google cache or wayback machine, if you have the url.

Tokunaga Chinami
Kanazawa Tomoko
Asakura Kiki
Ogata Risa
Matsunaga Riai

#13 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

^No, the threads are still there, it's just he posted anonymously so there's no really reliable way to contact him there without there being an active thread.

#14 WhiteForte

WhiteForte

Eternal Berryz工房

• Senpai
  • 4112 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:45 PM

Oh, I see. I'm downloading the game now to see what can be done. (mind giving the links anyway?)

Tokunaga Chinami
Kanazawa Tomoko
Asakura Kiki
Ogata Risa
Matsunaga Riai

#15 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:49 PM

Here's the two I could find

2013/02/09: http://www.logsoku.c...fee/1360400937/

2013/02/13: http://www.logsoku.c...fee/1360762789/

edit: I think his username might be "k ◆mmRPGnkh40sI",  (however google searching that name only brings up those threads and 2ch in general confuses the hell out of me so I would have no idea how to search for users directly on site...)

#16 WhiteForte

WhiteForte

Eternal Berryz工房

• Senpai
  • 4112 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

Thanks for those. Well, it doesn't really matter now, I already extracted the files. Now I just need to download RPGM VxAce, create a new project and then replace the files.

Tokunaga Chinami
Kanazawa Tomoko
Asakura Kiki
Ogata Risa
Matsunaga Riai

#17 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:07 PM

Oh awesome.  Thank you~!

#18 WhiteForte

WhiteForte

Eternal Berryz工房

• Senpai
  • 4112 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:40 AM

Ok, now the project is ready to be translated (I couldn't add the dot at the end of Musume since the English version doesn't accept the character). Should I upload it here?

Tokunaga Chinami
Kanazawa Tomoko
Asakura Kiki
Ogata Risa
Matsunaga Riai

#19 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:47 AM

Oh yeah, that's fine.  

Thanks again~

I'll try and start translating right when I get it. The game isn't overly long so hopefully I should be able to get through all the dialogue in a reasonable amount of time~

#20 WhiteForte

WhiteForte

Eternal Berryz工房

• Senpai
  • 4112 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:15 AM

Here is it
http://www.mediafire...sume Seisen.rar

You will probably need some help going through it if you don't know rpg maker and the texts are scattered all over the maps and database, so don't hestitate to ask. (hint: you need to install RPGM VX Ace to open the project)

Tokunaga Chinami
Kanazawa Tomoko
Asakura Kiki
Ogata Risa
Matsunaga Riai

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users