• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 rattrap316

rattrap316

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2424 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:01 AM

Coming down to the final few days....  Shame that the Russian hockey team already got defeated......  Looks like the next game between U.S.A. and Canada will be like the finals..... This is gonna be great... Wished it was the finals though....

#22 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:09 AM

^Do Canada and USA have a bit of rivalry when it comes to this things? You know, in general at least in South America, most neighbour countries get really hyped up when it comes to a vs match, especially with football. Say, Uruguay-Argentina, Argentina-Chile, is way bigger than Argentina-Japan, for instance. 

I felt so bad for Mao Asada, must be so hard for her...
Yeah, I also felt the 15 year old is a must-watch for the next Olympics. She can only get better. Well, hopefully. 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#23 rattrap316

rattrap316

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2424 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:51 AM

Yup.... Canada -v- US, Canada -v- Russia, US -v- Russia..... These three teams are like the Top 3 teams in the world... And in any tournaments, these 3 are expected to make at least make the finals... (well, 2 of 3)

And speaking about rivalries in football, what about any South America Teams versus European Teams....  The level may not be as high as say a neighbouring country but skill-wise... it's right up there, yes???

#24 teatime

teatime

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 641 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

Yeah since Mao doesn't have any triple triple combos and mainly relies on her triple axels, she needed to be perfect. She's a great skater but her triple axel has always been shaky. It's a shame that the way she's leaving figure skating will be like this..not the best way to end a legacy.

Also Yuna was amazing! I do think she was a bit underscored, her triple triple combos only got a 1 point GOE. And earlier in the team competition someone else who pulled the same combo got a 3 on their GOE. A bit weird to me, but as everyone has been saying the gold is a tight race! I'll be watching the free skate live at 9am.
25iq96u.jpg
Michishige Sayumi & Oda Sakura

#25 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:59 AM

I don't understand how Kim Yuna did not win.  :huh:  :c03:

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#26 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:41 AM

Yup.... Canada -v- US, Canada -v- Russia, US -v- Russia..... These three teams are like the Top 3 teams in the world... And in any tournaments, these 3 are expected to make at least make the finals... (well, 2 of 3)

And speaking about rivalries in football, what about any South America Teams versus European Teams....  The level may not be as high as say a neighbouring country but skill-wise... it's right up there, yes???

Yeah, probably if Uruguay goes against Germany most here will want Uruguay to win as if it was their own country lol. Well, some, not everyone, sometimes it's like they want the neighbour to lose, if the own country couldn't make it, for rivalry's sake. Or there are some special cases like vs Germany and vs England (talking about Argentina), since there is some football history -sadly with England, just plain war history-, they all get fired up. 

I don't understand how Kim Yuna did not win.  :huh:  :c03:

Me neither. I think Adelina did something extra, but she did a small mistake and still got 149 and Yuna only 144 wtf, if Carolina got 146, then I can't see any reason as to why Yuna got such a low score. I mean, not low, but she was perfect. I don't quite understand why Mao Asada got less points than the top 3 as well, I mean didn't she make a jump that no woman except for another one did aka lots of extra points? Mao wouldn't have won anyway but I was curious because I thought she would have been 1st, since her skate was flawless and had a golden move or something. 

I don't want to think it was because of the local country and all, and not saying Yuna deserved 149 but 144 seems too much of a "we can't let her final score to reach the top" somehow. Or more like, I don't get why Adelina got such a high score, if she had gotten something similar to Carolina, but the score was too high. I might not like her skating much, I guess. 

Gracie Gold, my god, too bad she fell but she is sooooo graceful! Mao, Yuna, Gold, Wagner and Yulia were definitely my favourites, Yulia mostly in this free program, Wagner has so much attitude and Gold is like the one I'd choose for a movie, perfect. Mao and Yuna were astounding in the FP. 

At the same time I'm such an ice skating noob, and maybe everything fell into place fair and square. 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#27 teatime

teatime

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 641 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:34 PM

Me either. While Adelina did skate well, and had 7 jumps planned, her jumps were all not perfect - but she got nearly all perfect marks on them. This contributed to her inflated scores, and that's how she won. Her skating was seriously overscored. Ugh, ugh ugh...

25iq96u.jpg
Michishige Sayumi & Oda Sakura

#28 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:32 AM

I guess they needed her to win or something. Mind you, I'm from a country who has a football cup that was also kinda needed at the time, this stuff happens, because it was overscored and Yuna's was underscored, imo.

Anyway, I don't think we will even remember the top 3 in this Sochi Olympics, Mao did blow everyone away: http://majide2ch.blo...-asada-did.html
It's so nice to see her fellow skaters cheer for her and it's amazing how she was able to make everyone cry world wide, because it was that good.~ 

Even Ayumi wrote this in her blog lol: "I feel like she taught us that it isn’t all about the numbers。" (blog-project)

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#29 rattrap316

rattrap316

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2424 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

I heard a conspiracy theory that because the Russian Men's Hockey team didn't do well in these games, they had to manufacture something for the people.... And since Figure Skating is another sport they do well, this is the result....

I really feel bad that Yuna Kim had to be the one to lose but it's figure skating.... Not one of those sure sports as the human factor is always involve....

#30 rattrap316

rattrap316

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2424 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:44 PM

My apologies for posting my patriotism here....  I just want to say Congrats to Team Canada for the game to win gold.....

#31 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

The Closing Ceremony has started ^^ 

You can watch it live here if you can't find it on TV 

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ympics/25812715

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#32 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:38 PM

4 years later...

Pyeongchang 2018

So excited for male ice skating tbh. Take place the 15th and 16th as far as I saw.

There are like..hand counted people from my country participating so I hope for the best lol. It's funny we have so few people since we do have an ice region.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users