• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 qwiksXnd

qwiksXnd

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 281 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:54 PM

Akishibu Project will be live-streaming their one-man at Zepp Tokyo later today! This is their biggest concert to date. 

https://live.line.me.../upcoming/18115

#22 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:02 AM

I plan on going, good thing it's late because right now the weather is crazy, and I'm not going out.

#23 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:48 AM

Hey :) Just got into them from last night's iCON DOLL LOUNGE live. I was originally going to watch another group's performance but missed it :c And Akishibu came out and I decided to watch it on a whim. I thoroughly enjoyed their performance and decided to check them out. My oshi right now is Yuechi <3 

I love her voice and she's so pretty! She looks the really cool type lol 

Anyways, nice to meet you guys!

#24 qwiksXnd

qwiksXnd

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 07:54 AM

Yuechi  :wub: 

I really got into them recently too. I wish I followed them sooner, but when they debuted they seemed like the type of group that wouldn't be around for too long. If they put their concerts on dvd I would buy them immediately. 

#25 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 08:55 AM

^ but they've been around for years now!!!

#26 qwiksXnd

qwiksXnd

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 281 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:26 AM

They've been around for years, but they've been flying under the radar the entire time, so it's out of sight, out of mind. I saw them in 2015, but the scene is so competitive that unless there is a steady flow of material or at least a dedicated fan pushing them (case in point this thread which took 2.5 years to get to a second page), it's not really possible to keep track of all of the hundreds of groups. They just seem to operate differently; three releases since their debut and only within the month did they have their first single. They film their one-mans, but the dvds are either given away as bonuses for going to their concerts or the footage is simply uploaded to their youtube channel. With their recent activity, maybe they've turned a corner and will have a more steady release schedule, more touring, etc.

#27 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:02 AM

^haha I thought it was weird when I found out Summer Summer/Setsunatsuri was their first single. Instead they released a bunch of mini albums as I later found out. 

And it seems the group has changed quite a bit since it's formation. 

I also just found out that Yuechi had two twitter accounts she was using :o But she recently decided to focus on her akishibu account instead. 

I'm actually really greatful for all that footage on YouTube. It makes it ten times easier for me to look through their old stuff. I looked on the new tracker and there was hardly anything on there for them q.q thankfully there was some on jpopsuki

#28 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 09:52 AM

^ I don't really think they have changed much in the last couple of years

They've been around for years, but they've been flying under the radar the entire time, so it's out of sight, out of mind. I saw them in 2015, but the scene is so competitive that unless there is a steady flow of material or at least a dedicated fan pushing them (case in point this thread which took 2.5 years to get to a second page), it's not really possible to keep track of all of the hundreds of groups. They just seem to operate differently; three releases since their debut and only within the month did they have their first single. They film their one-mans, but the dvds are either given away as bonuses for going to their concerts or the footage is simply uploaded to their youtube channel. With their recent activity, maybe they've turned a corner and will have a more steady release schedule, more touring, etc.

Yeah I guess it has to do with if they catch your attention, they were on my radar but I wasn't completely convinced until I saw this video about a year ago

After that I was sold, however I was kinda disappointed every time I saw them since they always used a vocal track and they didn't have the energy they have in that video, at the one-man a month or so ago I finally saw them singing live (and with a band) and it was great.

But you're right their release schedule is kinda weird and it does seem like they have been trying to making a push lately. As for touring I would say they aren't hard to catch, you could see them pretty much every day at some show but that's only for 15 mins or so, they still really aren't big enough for touring alone.

#29 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 07:42 AM

^Looking at the OP's original picture, it seems like they lost a lot of members since they started. Although they might have stayed the same for the past few years. 

I managed to record their fashion show at iDL's live last night

http://www.dailymoti...hion-show_music

Just wondering, but did Akishibu ever have a center or ace? They seem to rotate the position around from what I can tell in their previous PVs. 

#30 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:15 AM

Miyatani Yue seems to me to be the center (as well as being the leader), not sure if they officially have a center though.

Since they started releasing stuff they really haven't changed much - a member left a couple of months ago, another member is leaving at the end of the year and they announced that they will recruit new members soon.

#31 babyshiba

babyshiba

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 10:05 AM

Yup Miyatani Yue (Yuechi) is their official leader of the group which use to be Kera Hinako but was given to Yuechi the reason being that she has more of what it takes to be a leader/charisma from what i remember reading a while ago.

And yea earlier in March Ootani Emiri graduated and sometime at the end of this year Iseki Ami is also graduating.  :( But they have announced auditions for new members so I'm excited about that

I got into this group last November when they came to my country to perform at a Japanese event and I got hooked on them since and yea they are not that big yet but for the past almost 1 year i have been following them they are slowly getting more popular I think.

Anyway here is a recording of their performance from iCON DOLL LOUNGE last night  :good:

#32 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 05:29 PM

THOSE PERFECT VOCALS @ 15:19 omg. Yuechi is not human  :omg:

^thanks for posting the video :) 

Funny thing is, Emiri's name was actually the first member's name I memorized after Yuechi's. And then I found out she had already graduated  :(

I guess I'll have to go back the memorizing the other members name now. 

I've stated watching their YouTube videos and I keep getting members mixed up @-@ 

I'm glad they're getting more popular ^_^ But I wasn't aware one of the members was going to graduate at the end of this year :o And it's interesting that they'll hold auditions, I like those kinds of things. 

Also, watching their iDL live reminded me which song made me fall in love with them >w< It was New World. I was going through some of their older PVs at the time and couldn't figure out which one it was  :P

#33 babyshiba

babyshiba

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:44 AM

Dunno if you have already seen this but since you like Yuechi's singing here is her singing Dear Best Friend.

Note this is from 2012 when she use to wear heavier Gyaru make up, before joining Akishibu. Although her voice is great here I think she has become better over the past few years. ^_^

And Akishibu also made a cover of this song with a music video too.  :lol:

#34 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 12:20 AM

I actually found that a couple a days ago, and I was super shocked (in a good way). I can't believe how much she's improved :o 

Yuechi is amazing like I though :D 

I really love this song, I didn't know it was a cover though :o I thought it an original song. 

And if I were honest, I'm not used to seeing the Gyaru version of Yuechi  :omg: I didn't know that was her style before...so different. I think I prefer her current style  :)

Also, I wanted to ask if white was ever released? I was going to check on their discography page on their main site but it says "coming soon" @-@ 

#35 babyshiba

babyshiba

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:11 AM

Hmm as far as I know they never officially released white on any of their albums/single or that you could purchase online. So I guess the video they uploaded on their channel is the only thing we got as far as official stuff goes.

Also here is a recording from their recent 5th one man live that has Ami's graduation song "sing a song"

#36 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 09:22 AM

^the song is so sweet and sad at the same time :c 

I hope they eventually release white as a b-side or something. I really like it. 

Also, I've been wondering (sorry for all the questions, it seems like it's so hard to find anything on them in English ;A; ) is there a reason why Yuechi always wears contacts? I've been looking through her twitter posts and I don't think I've been able to find one where she wasn't wearing it...

And, do you have a favorite member?  :)

#37 babyshiba

babyshiba

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 09:45 AM

Don't worry about the questions, I'll try and answer any question I can.

But about yuechi I'm also not sure why she always wears contacts I guess it's just her fashion style?

And yes my favourite member is Taguchi Miiro. I wonder why I guess her happy face just got me and also maybe when i got to meet and greet her and took a selfie with her I just totally got fished lol.

#38 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 11:06 AM

Many idols always wears contacts, guess it's just part of their make-up.

I have a hard time picking favorites, and didn't decide on one until January of this year and I chose Otani Emiri and ofc she graduates just a few months after, I haven't picked a new one...

#39 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 02:42 PM

I wish Yuechi would change up her contacts and wear her hair down. She looked amazing in the video for Setsunatsuri! Her voice is amazing too!

I guess she adopted the contacts b/c of her gyaru style and stuck with it. She looks a bit scary in some of her photos though with them in. 

Not a big Iseki Ami fan but, she seemed a bit different and in her blog post, she expressed feelings of not wanting to keep being an idol so at least she finally was able to make a decision? 

#40 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:06 AM

^Yuechi with her hair down makes her look like a princess <3 <3 And YESS to her beautiful voice  :wub:

So I was listening to some of the tracks for akishibu, and I think I can confidently say that I prefer their lives waaay more over the audio versions. Somehow when I listen to the audio versions, they just don't seem the same. 

I feel like their lives just give more energy and sound a lot more better. 

And a little random, but akishibu had two LINE LIVE broadcasts a couple of days ago. If you're following their LINE account, you should be able to watch it. It's adorable <3 

And on a positive note, I think I've memorized about half the members names now lol 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users