• Please log in to reply
1475 replies to this topic

#21 Kon-Chan:Itsumademo

Kon-Chan:Itsumademo

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1889 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

I'm hoping we get to see each girl recording for their new songs like what they did with Juice=Juice on YouTube but considering this is called "The Girls Live" I think it's safe to say majority of it will be showcasing performances and backstage, but they could always develop it.

#22 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:38 PM

The average person probably would not care about backstage footage, especially because after you've seen a bit of it, it can get old fast. H!P Time proved that a show with a heavy emphasis on BTS footage gets boring fast.

#23 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

I watched it but I feel like it was a wasted opportunity to showcase different stuff from Hello Station. I feel like we've been getting the same stuff over and over. They should  have showcased different performances than the ones we've already seen. C'mon UFA! Give the fans something else because it's really no different than Hello Station right now. Hopefully next week's episode with the fashion stuff will be better.

^^ That's what I was afraid of. Satoyama at least bringed some different shit stuff

^ Well this was the first ep so I think we should wait until next week until we can really make a judgement
This looked more like and introduction to the groups, so also showing how they are live with their normal performances (no solos, shuffles)
Maybe even wait until ep 3, because it looks like next week will still have a large part for Berryz, C-ute and S/mileage introduction

It seems like the content with this show and Hello Station are overlapping, and I wish they would have gone a different route since we already have Hello Station for performances and behind the scenes stuff. I would much rather they just showed Haruna, Risako, Miyabi, and Ayaka doing the fashion thing on the first episode instead of doing this "introduction" thing with the groups. I just felt like this first episode was very uninspired, and they really wasted an opportunity to appeal a different side of Hello! Project outside of performing.

Also doesn't help that the current H!P tour is completely boring. I'm hoping it'll become something like Hello!Pro Time, but without the camcorders. I enjoyed seeing the girls go out to eat together or visit different places and cities.

Wow! did you guys even bothered to read about what is on for the next episode? :rolleyes:

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#24 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2325 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

Well well, UFP can say so, but I don't think it's just about performances, footage or blah blah blah. Satoyama isn't just about farming, right?

#25 Mickey.

Mickey.

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 4170 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

Wow! did you guys even bothered to read about what is on for the next episode? :rolleyes:

It basically says the same as last episode on TV Tokyo so...

http://www.tv-tokyo....1401092530.html

http://www.tv-tokyo....1401162500.html

#26 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

At the end of the episode they show a preview for next week. Berryz, C-ute and Smileage making videos plus Miyabi, Risako, Haruna and Mai choosing clothes for the member's studio lives. ^

It's in the first post.

#27 Mickey.

Mickey.

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 4170 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

^ I just watched it. And maybe I'm interpreting the "sara ni" sentence wrong but the narrator is basically saying that with next episode the tour backstage footage is ending and only after that one the whole outfit shopping starts. So it only starts with the third episode.

Regardless, seeing this episode with only two groups being shown, I doubt they will squeeze three group's backstage/comments and the shopping stuff into a single episode.

I guess, we'll have to wait to see.

#28 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:00 PM

^^ That's what I was afraid of. Satoyama at least bringed some different shit stuff

I watched it but I feel like it was a wasted opportunity to showcase different stuff from Hello Station. I feel like we've been getting the same stuff over and over. They should  have showcased different performances than the ones we've already seen. C'mon UFA! Give the fans something else because it's really no different than Hello Station right now. Hopefully next week's episode with the fashion stuff will be better.

Also doesn't help that the current H!P tour is completely boring. I'm hoping it'll become something like Hello!Pro Time, but without the camcorders. I enjoyed seeing the girls go out to eat together or visit different places and cities.

^ Well this was the first ep se since we already have Hello Station for performances and behind the scenes stuff. I would much rather they just showed Haruna, Risako, Miyabi, and Ayaka doing the fashion thing on the first episode instead of doing this "introduction" thing with the groups. I just felt like this first episode was very uninspired, and they really wasted an opportunity to appeal a different side of Hello! Project outside of performing.

My comment was not a complaint. I was merely responding to the comments, which were saying that they had expected more of the first episode. I like the concept of the programme a lot, but the footage isn't that exciting, because in my opinion the current H!P tour is a bit boring.

People really need to stop labelling opinions and comments on this forum as a "complaint" all the f-ing time and waving their fingers at other people. Smh.

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#29 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

The shuffles are the only good thing about the current tour, but they're not going to show any of those until the actual DVD comes out. Everything else is just them performing the same songs they do every time.

I have my doubts about the shopping segment, because as mentioned, it sounds like it's just ripped straight from H!P Time, and I don't think H!P Time 2.0 is a step in the right direction. Performances sound interesting, but I still think there needs to be emphasis on entertainment that isn't just performance ability, because they're idols, and not just singers/dancers.

#30 visionfactory

visionfactory

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 770 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:09 AM

First H!P show I'm interesed in ^_^ It's my kind of thing

ºC-uteYajima Maimi

Juice=JuiceMiyamoto Karin

Berryz工房Sugaya Risako

#31 teatime

teatime

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 641 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:57 AM

^people here always complain.
satoyama end, complain. 1st episode H!P new programs, complain.
old news

Complain, complain, complain. <_<

Whatever, you guys can think what you want. Personally, I enjoyed it and I won't mind at all if they continue with this type of footage. ^-^

It's not a waste if the goal for this program is to catch the eyes of newer fans........i.e. they are not catering to fans who do nothing but watch videos all day and troll around for new stuff and then complain that there's not enough new footage to go around (and I've been a fan since the early 2000's when we had zero footage to watch)

Still, for some people, it's nice that they are making sure that fans and new fans and non-fans at least know and recognize who the girls are. I must admit, I still don't know all of S/mileage by name and by face and I've just now gotten to the point that I know all the 10th gen girls from MM. 

And looking at the name of the show.....I would think that this show would be ALL about performances. You know, to show off their talents and skill singing and dancing live....with no vocal track. I would actually want to see all of that and more backstage instead of watching the girls go about their daily lives or show off the manufactured "character" that so many fans cry about.  

Do people not know what criticism is these days? Just because I express dissatisfaction doesn't mean I'm ungrateful. Of course I'm grateful that they have a tv show, and I'll always be grateful for that. But just because I'm grateful doesn't mean that there aren't things that UFA could be doing that could help the girls promote themselves in a different way. They have a channel on youtube already where they showcase the girls performing live. I don't think they need a tv show doing the same exact things. And to michikodesu, congrats on being a fan since the early 2000s, and too bad you guys didn't have that much footage in the early years of this fandom, but it's no longer 2000. 

Yes I know this is the first episode, and of course I know that the show's concept can change over time - I'm hopeful that it will. I just felt that with an actual tv show they would do something different than what they've been showing us for the first episode. And honestly yes of course I would want them to have a tv show where they can show more of their personalities because being an idol is not just about singing or dancing, but also about the girls themselves. I mean that's why you stan a particular idol is because of everything about them - from their singing to dancing to their personalities and their little quirks. Plus it's an upside to see some of the girls who don't get screen time during performances shine in a different light off the stage. That's why I thought since we already have Hello! Station, a show that already showcases their singing and dancing that we'd get a show more about the girls and less about performing. 

Also, if you've been a fan since the 2000s, you'd know that part of the success they had was partly due to the interesting characters that the girls had (no matter how manufactured that was). It was interesting to watch them on talk shows/their own shows because they were genuinely funny and entertaining. The old Morning Musume is remembered because they made a large impact through their music and their strong/individual personalities. I'm pretty sure if I named off Iida Kaori, or Yamaguchi Mari old fans and new fans would be able to say something about their personalities. But the same thing can't be said about some of the new girls in Morning Musume, or even Berryz/C-ute/Smileage/Juice=Juice because they haven't made an impression yet since they haven't been given the chance to. 

25iq96u.jpg
Michishige Sayumi & Oda Sakura

#32 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:41 AM

^ I just watched it. And maybe I'm interpreting the "sara ni" sentence wrong but the narrator is basically saying that with next episode the tour backstage footage is ending and only after that one the whole outfit shopping starts. So it only starts with the third episode.

Regardless, seeing this episode with only two groups being shown, I doubt they will squeeze three group's backstage/comments and the shopping stuff into a single episode.
I guess, we'll have to wait to see.

She said something like, of course there'll be making videos for berryz..... 'Sara ni' (furthermore) ..and then the part of picking the clothes.
I think like you said the studio lives will be shown in ep3 whilst the shopping maybe shown during the end of ep2.

#33 Chimai

Chimai

Kamonegikkusu~

• Senpai
  • 4214 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:29 AM

I wonder, will the studio lives be like the ones on shows such as AKB48 SHOW! or...? Because, if so, maybe the fact that they can get a studio for this means that in the future they might be able to get a studio for a variety show or something of the sort. Or, well, I'm just assuming that H!P can't manage to get a variety show yet simply because they don't have one (and most people prefer variety shows and the like to performances and BTS footage, esp. subbers) but they might not want one for some reason or another.

Maybe it just means in a regular recording studio though.

I hope the studio lives showcase talents rarely seen. H!P doesn't seem to do that much with showcasing "hidden talent" such as girls playing instruments during concerts or whatever, so it'd be really cool if they showed lives like that and rarely performed songs, not just the same kind of stuff we hear in concerts. I wanna see the girls perform old album songs! :P

#34 MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2213 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:47 AM

What the hell is a "studio live?" That's all I'm curious about :P

Ogawa Rena - Nonaka Miki - Uemura Akari

~H!P Fan since 2003~

#35 claneksi

claneksi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5302 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:42 AM

^ Something like H!P Hour maybe?

@Chimai: If studio live is actually the same as like what I imagine, they will just use Pacific Heaven. :lol:

And surely you guys know that this time of the year is the time when they show winter concert footage in any H!P shows right? ^^;

This episode definitely not representative on how the show will be.
I'll say wait until ep.3 or 4 and see how.

#36 Rhododendron

Rhododendron

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:42 PM

I wonder, will the studio lives be like the ones on shows such as AKB48 SHOW! or...? 

The girl with the guitar in the middle of the first video has a beautiful voice. :o I do hope it's something like those. Masaki can play the piano. :lol:

#37 Mickey.

Mickey.

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 4170 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

I think like you said the studio lives will be shown in ep3 whilst the shopping maybe shown during the end of ep2.

That's not what I said though. To me it seems sure the 2nd epsiode will only feature Berryz's, C-ute's and Smileage's tour footage. But meh, we'll get to see it anyway eventually.

_

^^ yeah, I'm also thinking of H!P Hour. And with that I think they will use their all-purpose 1st floor of the agency's building for the studio lives.

#38 MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2213 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

If it's anything like H!P Hour, then I'm going to flip out. For real. I'm thinking of the right thing, right? I have several mp3 rips of those episodes, like Umeda Erika singing "Onna Kanashii Otona," and one of MIchishige singing "Koi no Jubaku"..and I think I might have Yurina's performance of "Ai no Bakayarou." 

Ogawa Rena - Nonaka Miki - Uemura Akari

~H!P Fan since 2003~

#39 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:44 AM

I was being vague meaning the tour bits will also be shown in ep2, but re-watching the preview they will be shown both in the next ep. ^

#40 ergreenlimes

ergreenlimes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1887 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:55 AM

I hope this serves as a showcase of live concerts! A lot of the recognition that H!P gets from TV personalities, music bloggers, etc. in Japan is because their dancing, singing, and energy live is so much better than that of any other idol group. Not to mention, it's also the thing that UFA is using to promote Morning Musume most. If someone who isn't a fan sees a clip of them live, I'm sure it'll draw their attention. Not to mention backstage footage provides a good place for the members to show off their personalities.

My H!P Blog: Midori's J-pop overanylizations please visit it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users