• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sa-Mantha

Sa-Mantha

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 496 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

I just wanted to give the heads up that when you google Hello Online and click on the links it is leading to a "Short URL" website that trys to download things - Mostly Trojan's.

I have a short memory and have tried to come here via google a few times over the last few weeks and it has happened every time and on every device (PC, MAC, iPad, iPhone). Even just to post a warning on the twitter that it's not safe to click on the google links for Hello Online.

#2 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

I don't have an answer as of yet what is going on, but we're looking into it.

#3 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:00 PM

Should be fixed now.

#4 citrusella

citrusella

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:53 PM

It's not fixed. I get this every time I come here from Google lately. From what I read, there was a security vulnerability a few months back in the software this forum uses, and while that version was active, it was possible for an attacker to insert an attack that could potentially run any code they wanted. Even people who got the security update could still have the vulnerability if attackers got in before it was applied. (I read this here... and that's about all I know about it on a technical level, so I don't know if any of that is helpful to you, but I thought I'd include it.)

#5 Bunnystylesarah

Bunnystylesarah

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:09 AM

It has happened to me a few times, I still can't get into Hello! Online through my phone.
Lucky my anti virus software picked up.
Aelqko.jpg
Signature banner made by iheartsaechan, thank you!
MM: Ikuta Erina, Michishige Sayumi, Suzuki Kanon, Mizuki Fukumura, Ishida Ayumi
BK: Sugaya Risako, Natsuyaki Miyabi, Suzuki Airi

#6 citrusella

citrusella

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

It's been happening for me literally every time for some results. (I stink at finding my way around this place (I'm sure I'll learn), so I've been using Google to come to the threads I'm most interested in.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users