• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:09 PM

So, today Riripon participated in handshake event. 

Things worth noting: 

- It had increased security, with 4-5 extra security staff.

- An extra surveillance camera was installed in her lane.

- According to fan reports, her lane was virtually empty throughout the entire event.

#42 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:58 PM

oh .. this thing is just giving me bad mojo ..
Even though it have little to do with my fandom ..
it just make me feel like I am swimming in glue about idols nowadays ..

#43 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:56 PM

^

^

Sad. Very sad.

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#44 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

swimming in the glue?? LOL... that is an awesome phrase.

then... you will be drowning in the glue.

She definitely made a wrong choice. That from the fans, how about from fellow members? She was on the way up on the NMB since Durian Shonnen, the front member. Now it is wasted. Career and personal life are mutual exclusive, one has to be sacrified.

#45 Logan ⭐

Logan ⭐

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:16 PM

Probably in the minority, but despite the career suicide, I think it was incredibly badass of her. Beat a scandal to the punch AND benefit from a shit ton of publicity (good or bad)? That's gutsy. I like it.

#46 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:57 PM

You misunderstand. 

She didn't beat a scandal to the punch, she created an even bigger scandal, by taking a massive shit on what's deemed sacred ground in 48G, namely the election. She managed to piss off current members and former members as well as fans. She acted like a complete moron. Her actions have caused numerous Japanese fans to view NMB48 as a problem group, but not even that, going so far as to call it a dying group, and as cancer. They feel sorry for Sayanee having to be in that group when she could go on to do better things than that. It's not even about Riripon alone, it's the result of a number of problems and scandals accumulating over time. But of course Riripon is what broke the camel's back.

And so Riripon, what does she benefit from this all? She created publicity? As if that even matters. Being an idol is a very tricky thing. The ones who support you are idol fans. Those who aren't idol fans, naturally enough don't care at all. Then, when you graduate, you tend to lose whatever support you had, because idol fans are fans of idols, and not former idols. This means you need to start from scratch again. And people just don't care about former idols. 

Right now a number of F-tier tarentos and people who for some reason manages to be on TV and have an opinion on things and getting paid for it, have an opinion on this issue. They are harsh towards the former and current idols who criticized Riripon, and they are harsh towards the fans that criticizes Riripon. 

Tsuchida Teruyuki, someone who many 48G fans should know who are, as he's been a host of a number of 48G related TV shows, had something to say about these F-tier tarentos as I like to call them, "media personalities", in other words. He said that those in media who have an opinion on the Riripon issue (i.e., criticizing those who dislike what Riripon said and did), have never bought a single 48G CD in their lives, nor have they ever voted in the election. 

"You didn't know who this girl was until last week.

"If you are a fan of AKB48, it's natural that you criticize."

He went on to say that some members are working very hard, and doing their best without being in a relationship, and thinks that Riripon's actions is a betrayal against those members. 

What Tsuchida points out, is that people like this, are opportunists, who now appear to be engaged about Riripon, defending her or whatever, but in a couple of weeks time, they will all have forgotten about her. Because they don't care about her or about idols. They've never supported idols, and never will. Unlike idol fans who have been fans for years, dedicating their time and their money to this.

And so when Riripon graduates, and whatever she does - likely continuing as a tarento under Yoshimoto - she will not have the help of idol fans, who she betrayed, and basically insulted. She will have to look somewhere else. And knowing how things tend to go for former idols, she'll become another anonymous irrelevant person. So much for allegedly being badass and having guts.

#47 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:15 PM

swimming in the glue?? LOL... that is an awesome phrase.

then... you will be drowning in the glue.

ya .. when I am into idols .. its suppose to give the feeling like I am soaring in the sky ..
This somewhat gives me the same feeling like the AKB48 saw incident ..
It felt like someone just attacked the whole spirit of all idols ..

#48 Logan ⭐

Logan ⭐

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:16 PM

I'm aware of how it looks. It'll take smarter business decisions on her end to ride the hype into other ventures, but it is possible even as an "F-tier tarento". I consider it courageous and the level of courage it had to take to announce it then and there is badass to me. I'm incredibly critical of idol culture these days and have been for a while, so I don't hold these events and rules to such a high degree anymore. Agree to disagree, I respect your insight and side to the scandal!

#49 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:54 PM

^ man .. are you still an idol fan?
My simple theory is if you can only look at things on the outside then you may have already stepped outside ..

#50 Logan ⭐

Logan ⭐

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:15 PM

^ You can be a fan of things and remain critical of them. The idol machine is incredibly flawed but I love the girls and I love the music.

#51 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:32 PM

^oh ok .. :good:

As long as you think you are still an idol fan :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users