• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

It has been announced that in 2014 they will be doing the Request Hour for top 200 songs.

http://ameblo.jp/aki..._medium=twitter

>

200-101 will be performed  in 4 days starting Jan 23, 2014 at Tokyo Dome City Hall. 25 songs each day.

100-1     will be on Apr 6, 2014 at Saitama Super Arena

AKB48, SKE48, SDN48, NMB48 and HKT48 songs are eligible. 
( NO sub-unit/group songs or solo songs)

Voting period:
12/10/2013 10:00AM to 12/27/2013 3:00PM

How to vote:
1 AKB48 34th single include Theater Edition CD sealed vote serial number card
2 AKB48 official fan club "two pillars of ' membership
3 Mobile AKB48 members
4 Members of AKB48 official Smartphone apps
5 AKB48 LIVE! ON DEMAND-monthly unlimited membership
6 AKB OFFICIAL NET membership
7 members of SKE48 Mobile
8 SKE48 LIVE! ON DEMAND-monthly unlimited membership
9 NMB48 Mobile membership (* our Smartphone site is the み投 votes possible from the new site. )
10 NMB48 LIVE! ON DEMAND-monthly unlimited membership
11 HKT48 Mobile membership
12 HKT48 LIVE! ON DEMAND-monthly unlimited membership

>

ok, edited for clarity. thanks

V

#2 Amoz

Amoz

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2054 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

( NO units songs or solo songs)

Just want to clarify this part for those that might not know:

This means sub groups and solo releases.

So stage units and solos are still eligible.

Internet killed common sense.

#3 neutrinoalpha

neutrinoalpha

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

As long as stage unit songs still allowed that would be great.

:itadakimasu:

#4 Morning Death

Morning Death

Scavenger Of Human Sorrow

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

( NO units songs or solo songs)

Just want to clarify this part for those that might not know:

This means sub groups and solo releases.

So stage units and solos are still eligible.

Yeah, like Not Yet for example.

Posted Image
In a World of no guarantees, you can always count on a Demise at Dawn.

#5 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

Ok .. so the request hour voting coupon wouldn't be in the 33th single but the 34th single?
So there is a change as they usually put the voting coupon in the single before the Janken single .. now its in the Janken single ..

funny .. I really don't see the importance of having a 4 day 25 songs countdown event just for the 200-101 ..
because at the end of it the no.1 is actually the no. 101 and for the top 100 you got to wait about 3 months later ..
furthermore .. its scary that they are going to do 100 songs all in 1 day .. ???
either they are going to run down and kill a few of their members with exhaustion ..or expect plenty of non-original member performance for many songs ..

anyway .. its just a no-brainer that the management is totally worried about the Janken single sales .. having the voting coupon on it is one thing .. but to extend it to top 200 so that you get more people voting and buying is another ... its really pure hardcore promotion for the 34th single i think ...

#6 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

These janken singles have been the weakest a-sides among AKB singles so this seems like a good strategy. 

Don't know if it is necessary to put out best 200 as RH2013 was mayhem and confusion enough :D The voteing will not go crazy and overboard because of these extra 100 spots. Only difference from before is that the ranking songs from 101 to 200 only been revealed, now they will be perfromed.

Wonder how excited fans will be to see day 1 200-176 btw? There are a lot of good songs that didn't make it to Tokyo Dome City Hall but there is a reason why they ended up in these spots...

100 songs in one day O_o Need spectacular material for the new documentary ey? Deaths is the new hot thing... 

Seriously, this will probably be broken up in a noon and evening concert. Not only for the sake of our favourite idols but also for the poor fans that will have to do mix  etc for a lot of songs.

#7 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

Well, at least I don't have to go out of my way for Heart Ereki for a voting ticket, but this is an interesting set up. I'm not sure how all 100 on one day is going to work, but now I don't mind if Nandeyanen, Idol gets to 133 again. :D

#8 neutrinoalpha

neutrinoalpha

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

Well, at least I don't have to go out of my way for Heart Ereki for a voting ticket, but this is an interesting set up. I'm not sure how all 100 on one day is going to work, but now I don't mind if Nandeyanen, Idol gets to 133 again. :D

100 songs in one day. Seems interesting. It's okay, Idols can do anything. :lol:

#9 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

Some rumors or speculations regarding the event, of mass graduations (20 members at once): 

http://www.tokyo-spo...ainment/198902/

Fans on 2ch discusses, and someone posts a list of the members who has the worst results in handshake events: 

佐藤亜 *0/16
梅田彩 *2/20
岩佐   *1/20
前田亜 *0/20
菊地   *0/20
中田   *3/12
石田晴 *0/20
佐藤す....*0/16
松井咲 *0/16
峯岸   *5/20
宮崎   *8/*8⑥
内田   *4/*4⑤
野中   *0/16
小林香 *4/*4⑤
片山   *4/12
近野   *4/*4⑥
大家   *0/12
竹内美 *0/*4
鈴木ま . *0/*8
田名部 *0/*8

Of course these are all just speculations about this article. 

http://awabi.2ch.net...akb/1383188237/

#10 Morning Death

Morning Death

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

So they may graduate during next Request Hour?

Posted Image

#11 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

I can imagine most of those people in the list graduating (they have been in there for quite a long time now, and haven't achieved much, except for Ishida Haruka due to her strong mind and Umeda, who is the most successful out of all of them, and is well-liked by Ariyoshi). If Kikuchi can't get a good run next year, she might start thinking about graduating, but not right now.

#12 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

well mass graduation is possible .. but i don't think it could be as much as 20 ..

thinking about the fact that their single sales is tie in with handshake events ..
technically they are not selling any CDs for them .. so why keep them? .. to make up numbers for theater ?

come on they don't need them to be around until senbatsu election ..which graduated member can participate and generate sales for them ..

#13 Morning Death

Morning Death

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

Umeda being Team B Captain, I also think she would stay some more considering the responsibility, but then again, that ain't no chains and handcuffs to completely discard the possibility.

Minegishi said she would graduate once Team 4 members got to break through. I doubt she would graduate now after so much effort to stay. It is interesting though, that she would have those relatively low slot sells. Maybe she received a lot of power-voting in this past election. Or maybe a lot of her fans don't like to go to HS events, that is possible, I have read of fans that don't like those things.

Satou Amina just got to show up at Stage after a long while, to celebrate her birthday. It is said she commented about pondering on her graduation but that standing there on stage made her feel she could continue more.

Miyazaki Miho has been feeling quite ostracized recently:

http://www.tokyohive...all-talk-on-air

^Unless this is all joke. I have been seeing her getting along some members though, I think I have seen her with KitaRie from time to time. But having a strong character like her's and being surrounded by new members, I bet it can be a little awkward for everyone, to Miho and young members, to make a relationship.

I don't know, we'll have to wait and see.

One thing is certain though, if those member do graduate, my bet that new Team 4 would last a lot more than the previous Team 4 would be shattered. lol That Team 4 would be turn apart to fill in spots, if so many members graduate. If members that go the GRD48 route are less, I guess they would put some drafting members instead to get this draft working.

Posted Image

#14 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

First off I cannot comment on the credibility of the article posted, however the girls mentioned by the people on 2ch are girls that live dangerously close to being legit candidates for graduation, solely because they are not at all popular these days. 

Umechan has done well in elections, and is a good captain. It seems unlikely that she would go.

As for Miichan, she has been given ultra special treatment, and if she graduates I would be surprised. Can Kojimako make senbatsu? I am quite sure of it, and I would be surprised if she doesn't do it soon. Really. And if that's what Miichan needs to graduate, she won't be in the group for much longer.

Amina has always walked a difficult and slippery uphill road - no matter how hard she has worked, and no matter how fans respond (positively), management just hasn't rewarded any of the hard work, for whatever reason. She has never gotten a breakthrough with mainstream/casuals, which is unfortunate, because she has always had the backing of the core fans. Now, her main problem that has irked her core fans, is her weight. It's a touchy subject but idols who are overweight lose popularity almost immediately. It seems that in these days however, she has lost a lot of weight, and her style is returning to her 2008 style - which was fantastic. She got a lot of praise in a recent thread on 2ch for this, but as someone said in reply: "Too late...", and it really is - because she killed her popularity with the core fans after her scandal that she shared with Chikarina. And that really is why she dropped from figures such as 17/20, 18/20 etc. to 0/16. When management dislike you when you pretty much sell out all your slots, how do you think management will be when you don't sell out anything? 

And Myao has pretty much lost it all. I honestly put her in the group of girls that are hopeless. Not because I dislike her, but because a resurrection of her career would be nothing short of a miracle. If she doesn't want to graduate, then at one point management will probably tell her to do so.

Harukyan's position I don't understand. She's funny and entertaining, and it's just weird seeing her so low, but unfortunately this happens with many girls who have a lot to contribute with but just doesn't get through. 

Some of the girls in that "Bottom 20" list are incredibly obvious, and these are girls that do terrible in handshake events, barely get to appear in theater, and aren't found anywhere else. So how is this a good situation?

Much speculation, but the hard cold facts is that some girls are barely visible, and when they are, few seem to care. And it saddens me because virtually all girls in the 48 groups have something unique to offer.

#15 culex

culex

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

I dont think using the HS data to predict who is going to graduate is a good idea

I get the impression sometimes people make out 0 to be as if zero people are showing up.

Why does someone always leak these grad rumors. Haven't they caught this guy yet?

#16 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

The thing with Shiichan on that list is she has a lot of little tv appearances and I don't know if she'd still have them without her akb48 tag. I have no idea how fickle Japanese TV is so it worries me.

She wears an akb uniform on most of the things she appears in :S

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#17 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

Well of course 0/4 does not mean zero people showed up. But HS data is a good popularity indicator nevertheless (does it work to use to predict who will graduate? That's another question entirely). As far as the rumors goes, I've got no idea.

Edit: Blu-Cherri, chances are without AKB48 her TV gigs would diminish greatly. So much of this is due to being in the group, being in an agency, etc.

#18 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

I don't think Watanabe would drop her but I don't know if they'll be any good once she's graduated. I know Tanabe is in a similar situation in that she gets little geek related appearances, with her akb48 tag attatched.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#19 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

Yeah it all depends on whether the agency is interested in keeping them or not after graduation, and that more or less depends on their marketability, in other words are they interesting enough to get hired - for whatever appearances on or off TV? Are they interesting because of being in AKB48 or can they stand alone? 

Pretty much the biggest hurdle for any idol that graduates.

#20 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

There certainly will be a bunch of graduations of old-time-members coming at some point. And I rather prefer some mass graduation (even if it sounds scary at first) rather than a constant stream of single graduations. The SKE48 mass graduation also sounded rather shocking at first, but in the end it felt a much better way to do things... with graduation song, etc.

In school life whole class generations graduate at once, and if we consider AKB48 as some kind of school (which I do for some reason; even Erepyon did. :) ) then this just makes sense... a "Class of 2014", so to speak. :)

signature3.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users