• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 shyuuto

shyuuto

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

AKB48 has vast genres from, high school song, encouraging songs, to love songs.

My favorite are the powerful encouraging songs and lyrics.

What is yours and why?

Mine is:

River:

"Kimi no me no mae ni kawaga nagareru,

Hiroku ookina kawada

Kuraku, fukakutemo, nagare hayakutemo,

Obienakute ii

Hanareteitemo, souda mukougishi wa aru

Motto jibun wo shinjiroyo!"

It gives me so much encouragment and strength to live strongly. even when things get tough.

I love the metaphor comparing life and river.

It gives me hope that there's always a "mukougishi" (other side of te riverbank).

#2 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

I do like the choice for RIVER, but I'll have to go with First Rabbit. The chorus alone is enough to invigorate and strengthen me.

Kizutsuku koto
osore wa shinai
nani ga attemo
hirumazu ni
jibun no yume wo sagashi ni yuku
saisho no usagi ni narou

"Don't be afraid of getting hurt. No matter what happens, don't falter. Be the first rabbit that searches for its dreams/future."

Short, simple, and very powerful message.

#3 Chimai

Chimai

Kamonegikkusu~

• Senpai
  • 4214 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

I love the encouraging songs as well, and goodness knows they're aplenty in the 48 family discography. I honestly consider Aki-P to be one of the best lyricists. He writes so many. Seriously, he has written thousands and continues to pump out more and more all the time and they're so consistently fantastic. The gigantic amount of good, well-thought out lyrics in the 48 family greatly outweigh the shallow ones, which is quite rare for an idol group, I think.

Some of my favorites, however, have to be the ones centered around a story and that give me a clear image. A classic example is Itoshiki Natasha, a story about a man searching for his love across Siberia because he can't live without her.

I also love Sakura no Ki ni Narou's lyrics that I usually interpret as about a student who has passed away and is watching over their friends as the spirit of a sakura tree in their schoolyard.

I also find Hitsujikai no Tabi's lyrics to be incredibly interesting about a Shepard's journey that can be interpreted in many different ways. I also pair it with the PV in my mind and so consider it to be about the journey of life, and eventually into death.

I also consider Kaze wa Fuiteiru's lyrics to be some of the most touching, uplifting I've ever heard/read.

#4 shyuuto

shyuuto

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

I love the encouraging songs as well, and goodness knows they're aplenty in the 48 family discography. I honestly consider Aki-P to be one of the best lyricists. He writes so many. Seriously, he has written thousands and continues to pump out more and more all the time and they're so consistently fantastic. The gigantic amount of good, well-thought out lyrics in the 48 family greatly outweigh the shallow ones, which is quite rare for an idol group, I think.

Some of my favorites, however, have to be the ones centered around a story and that give me a clear image. A classic example is Itoshiki Natasha, a story about a man searching for his love across Siberia because he can't live without her.

I also love Sakura no Ki ni Narou's lyrics that I usually interpret as about a student who has passed away and is watching over their friends as the spirit of a sakura tree in their schoolyard.

I also find Hitsujikai no Tabi's lyrics to be incredibly interesting about a Shepard's journey that can be interpreted in many different ways. I also pair it with the PV in my mind and so consider it to be about the journey of life, and eventually into death.

I also consider Kaze wa Fuiteiru's lyrics to be some of the most touching, uplifting I've ever heard/read.

I like Kaze wa Fuiteiru too. It's comforting and gives hope. Makes me want to work harder!

#5 MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2213 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

Kondo Koso Ecstasy easily takes the cake for me. The lyrics are so fierce and sassy! 

罠に掛けた
つもりだったのに
噛み切られたのは
狼の喉元

今度こそエクスタシー
遠慮しないで
僕が先に愛そう
接吻(くちづけ)で
脱がしてやる
ハートはまる裸さ

Higurashi no Koi also has some damn good beautiful lyrics. 

友達と思われてる
私だけ泣いていても
あなたに気づかれない
哀しい独り言ね

^Basically, the story of my life :P

Ogawa Rena - Nonaka Miki - Uemura Akari

~H!P Fan since 2003~

#6 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

The good thing is that a lot of Akimoto's song try to encourage people to take that crucial step when it comes to falling in love, because a lot of us males will find it hard to recognize when a girl likes them, even should the male in question actually possibly have feelings for said girl.

I remember Akimoto even being called a "Love Master" on TV because of the constant advice he gives through his lyrics.

#7 castaignos

castaignos

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:50 AM

Yeah..

Just like the lyric of Oogoe Diamond right? To encourage people to express their love.. lol

#8 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

I like the "kansai-ben" lyrics of Nandeyanen, Idol. It's probably the only 48 song where I took the time to fully read and learn about the lyrics and be able to remember it as the song plays. :) Else I usually just recall the general content and for many songs I don't know the full meaning at all (except the few words and phrases where I understand the Japanese language). :)

http://stage48.net/s...eyanenidol.html

"Bird"'s lyrics are nice too.

signature3.png

#9 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:43 AM

Mori e Ikou, the whole song.

http://stage48.net/s.../morieikou.html

Sample

Then someone exclaimed
"Even in that place, there is light,
I'm sure there is…"
No matter what sadness there is,
So that hope lives on
The sun in the sky
Will not forsake us

But I think 1 answer is probably too little for the amount of songs that comes from the 48 groups.

I like this little bit from Glory Days

From the foot of the distant mountains
Daylight begins to fill the skies
Sunrise Sunshine
As if the dam had just been opened
Clear water flows through these deserted streets
Everyday Every time
I'll be continuing on today as well

I just like the imagery of it ^^

The whole song of Ame no Doubutsuen.

http://stage48.net/s...doubutsuen.html

It just makes me smile so much, I love the whole idea of it.

Beginner. The whole song is such a strong message

http://stage48.net/s...8/beginner.html

Challenges are laughed upon
What are you protecting with your silly calculations
In order to avoid risks?

This is referencing the way adults won't let their kids(or themselves) take risks and how it damages society(the director of the PV talked about it too)

RIVER and Itoshiki Natasha already mentioned it seems.

Dareka no tame ni ~What can I do for someone?~ Is lovely even if it is quite obvious.(no subtlety I mean)

When I was a younger teenage girl I found the lyrics to Nageki no Figure and  Inochi no tsukaimichi very identifiable at times.

eg

I am a figure of sorrow
I cannot move here
As the loneliest figure
If I could just be collected

and

Even my music can't make me feel better
It all just rusts together inside my heart

with the repeating 'somebody love me' (probably tells you guys more about younger me than you needed to know but oh well)

Even though they're not uplifting it's good to feel less alone when things aren't great :)

I love the style of Kimi ha Pegasus too. 

http://stage48.net/s...iwapegasus.html

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#10 saraba

saraba

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

i like

NMB48 Okuba

雑草の上で

ただただぼんやりと
考えた空白で
さっきより
楽になる

#11 shining-hyo

shining-hyo

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:07 AM

Everyone has good suggestions and I agree with all of them, but personally, I really like the lyrics to Beginner.They made me think of being reborn and trying again.

"The rain has stopped

The wind has stopped
A light we've never seen before
Is shining
Now's the time

You are a reborn beginner!"

really inspires me tbh

#12 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:10 AM

Beginner has very good lyrics indeed. 

I honestly don't pay much attention to lyrics in music, and certainly not in the idol genre. But the 48 groups is the exception, not because I like them, but because Akimoto really knows how to write good lyrics that aren't downright cheesy and embarassing to read. There's so many beautiful songs that he writes. 

#13 X_death-angel_X

X_death-angel_X

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

As much as I like Beginner and River as an encouragement songs... My favorite is Sekai no Namida by French kiss... The song really relates me a lot...
Here's the lyrics:

http://stage48.net/s...ainonamida.html

Especially on the first one, definitely make me cry, both physically and mentally...

❤→Yagami Kumi, Kizaki Yuria Kashiwagi Yuki, Watanabe Mayu, Matsui Jurina, Matsui Rena, Watanabe Miyuki, Kitahara Rie, Takayanagi Akane, Furukawa Airi, Yabuki Nako←❤

#14 sungjong

sungjong

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:31 PM

River and Beginner touch my heart ;-; 

Kinjirareta futari (Forbidden Lovers) is my third fav

NGZ46: Ikoma Rina & Wakatsuki Yumi

AKB48: Watanabe Mayu & Minegishi Minami

SKE48: Miyazawa Sae & Matsui Jurina

♡ NMB48: Yamamoto Sayaka | HKT48: Murashige Anna