19 replies to this topic

#1 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

You don't need a reason to help people.

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

So what does everyone think?

I thought it was a little bit HEROES + Torchwood + NCIS (my dad thought a bit X-FILES) * Joss Whedon.

I like it all came together, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it's going and I'll definitely be making more comments over the weeks.

#2 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

It doesn't broadcast in the UK until Friday so I am so excited to watch it then!
I've loved Marvel since I was little so it's amazing to have the show like this :D

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#3 WhiteForte

WhiteForte

Eternal Berryz工房

• Senpai
  • 4112 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

I missed the first episode :(
I'll watch the next one! I hope it does have more super heroes, and maybe some appeareances of the movie ones :D

Tokunaga Chinami
Kanazawa Tomoko
Asakura Kiki
Ogata Risa
Matsunaga Riai

#4 LovelyPrincessP

LovelyPrincessP

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1015 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:02 AM

It was a solid pilot. Certainly one of the better ones I've seen. Not too much happened, mostly introductory stuff with a easily wrapped up case that served it's purpose in touching on the bigger plot elements. The cast is really good and the dialogue is sharp and witty just as expected from a Whedon project. Hoping we can get some street level comicbook heroes to show up and maybe join the rooster. 

I'm not expecting any major appearances from the movie cast throughout the series except for Maria Hill since Smoulders mainly does television anyway, and maybe Nick Fury since SLJ has said he'd be willing to make a appearance. They might be able to squeeze a guest appearance from one of the main Avengers for the season finale though since it should only cost them a few million, the ratings would have to be really high for them to any more than that. 

Posted Image

~Forever A Koharu Kusumi Oshi~

#5 WhiteForte

WhiteForte

Eternal Berryz工房

• Senpai
  • 4112 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:26 AM

Maybe they can bring over Robert Downey Jr., I think he is crazy enough to do it for less money and in my eyes, Iron Man is the main character of this Marvel universe.

Tokunaga Chinami
Kanazawa Tomoko
Asakura Kiki
Ogata Risa
Matsunaga Riai

#6 Draude12

Draude12

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 979 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

Maybe i'll try to watch this even though i'm a DC fanatic.

5ydydu.jpg

Avatar and signature created by ByuTaeReinA, Thank you very much.

3DS XL : 3282-5026-1667- Draude12 - Playing POKEMON X

#7 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

I'll have to see if I can watch this online :( I thought I had it recorded but someone cancelled the recording, which sucks!

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#8 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

Did you see this weeks episode?  A most unexpected cameo at the end of the show!

It's not Robert Downey Jr., but he has said he's open to being on the show.

#9 LovelyPrincessP

LovelyPrincessP

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1015 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:32 AM

Wasn't expecting a cameo so soon. But it was pretty cool. The highlight of the episode honestly along with Agent May just being an all around bad***. Admittedly found this episode pretty slow and boring in some spots particularly the ones involving Skye and Agent Ward not really feeling any spark there. I liked all the references and I like FitzSimmons though they are a bit extra and it's hard to follow their squabbling sometimes but it's cute. I need another episode or two to gauge this show but so far, I don't think it's bad and they're doing most things right but there's something missing. They need a strong lead, someone that can appeal to a lot of people and have the audience care enough about them to tune in every week. I think that's supposed to be Ward's job but Dalton though a solid actor, just doesn't have the charisma to pull it off.

A RDJ cameo would be sweet and add a bit more spark to the show but honestly, I hope they don't have to rely on cameos from the movie cast to keep people interested. 

Posted Image

~Forever A Koharu Kusumi Oshi~

#10 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

My MARVEL facts are a little rusty - who's the super villain that got created in tonight's episode?  Thanks.

#11 Draude12

Draude12

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 979 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

I haven't watched it yet but i'll try to watch it soon.

5ydydu.jpg

Avatar and signature created by ByuTaeReinA, Thank you very much.

3DS XL : 3282-5026-1667- Draude12 - Playing POKEMON X

#12 Eeyore

Eeyore

Friend of Pooh. For what it's worth.

• Senpai
  • 2161 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

This show is... okay. It's not great, and once you get past the whole "Ooh, it's about superheros" then it's actually nothing too different to anything that has gone before.

Heroes was better (at least season 1) as it dealt with the more personal side of being "different", but in this universe everyone (so far) seems to show a far more obvious polarity of morals... i.e. they very (i.e. too) quickly show whether they're good or bad.

I think the general idea is far better than the individual story-lines, by which I mean that the individual episodes are merely stretching out the overall idea into 10, 12, 15 episodes or whatever the season runs to.

Character interaction is okay - but not as zippy as you might expect from Joss Whedon - given what he gave us with Firefly.

Or maybe my expectations are too high.

Ultimately its solid, but not as intriguing, interesting or different as I was hoping for.

DISCLAIMER: Please bear in mind that with regard TakaH!Otty... I am biased. Very biased indeed (although I personally think it's not bias but merely a matter of quality). So please take anything I write with regard to her near limitless ability, talent, looks, appeal, charm, perfection, blah blah, with a pinch of salt the size of the moon. If you take it too seriously, I can not be held accountable for your over-reaction. ;)

#13 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

^Yeah, I pretty much agree with that.

As for 'Firefly', I believe that was his own, original, creation, where as with S.H.I.E.L.D, he has to work in the structure of the MARVEL movie-verse, so he's a little limited in that respect.

I'm curious about Coulson's death, and about this mysterious organization, Centipede.

Preview for next week said whatever happens is Classified: Level 8.  I wonder if we'll get to see levels 9 and 10 over the course of the show?

#14 ps99

ps99

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 226 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:39 PM

These things take time. Look at how ropey Angel was at the startoff. It's just a bit too Alias at the moment.

#15 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

I hope it starts to stray away from the 'cop show/story of the week' type of thing, and starts to become more truly cinematic (which is more down to the nature of the story telling and editing, not so much the budget).

#16 kinbari

kinbari

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1487 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:09 AM

I think that Season 2 to nicer than Season 1!

Edited-1.jpg

Rokkies will forever be my bias generation!

Current MM'14~ 1. Sayashi Riho

2. Kudo Haruka

3. Iikubo Haruna

#17 ps99

ps99

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 226 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:40 PM

I think that Season 2 to nicer than Season 1!

Just about to watch ep1 !

Season 1 only really took off around ep16 - poss SPOILER FOLLOWS

Apparently the series was forced to wait for the Captain America film to come out to incorporate the collapse of SHIELD into the plot. That and the Ward storyline make for a cracking finale.

Just one question - contains SPOILER

The guy that greets the team at the secret base at the end of Ep 22 - is he a clone of the guy at Providence or some kind of Android?

#18 ps99

ps99

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 226 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:10 PM

Just watched Ep 1 of season 2 - AWESOME!

Is it just me or does General Talbot look like a Buffer version of Freddy Mercury? :c18:

#19 ps99

ps99

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:43 PM

If anyone is watching Season 2 it's awesome .....now it's on a Break for "Agent Carter".

#20 shinelover

shinelover

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:44 PM

^ I started watching season 2 ! But is a few episodes behind as I'm currently travelling overseas and haven't caught up with the eps I missed before the mid-season break! 

Also looking forward to seeing Agent Carter when I can get my hands on it. 

and to answer your question about the guy (spoiler): it was said that the guy at the Playground is his identical twin brother Billy BUT it is also possible that he is a template for a series of Life Model Decoys -> though LMDs are supposed to have superhuman abilities as androids...so I'm not quite sure how it explains Eric being killed by Ward seemingly quite easily.

I've watched a few marvel movies before SHIELD came out...but was never a huge fan...now I'm trying to locate all the movies to watch! :) I think they've handled the TV series really well (though all the cliffhangers really get to me!) I've never read the comics so perhaps comic fans will feel differently

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users