• Please log in to reply
1217 replies to this topic

#41 Lotty

Lotty

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 431 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

this is the most recent one. her voice matured a lot and she is really good at singing powerful high notes. I think singing-wise she is already better than some recent momusu members so I'm wondering what she lacked in her audition? charaterwise she seems to be really ambitious and confident.^^

my fav. performance so far is this one~ does anyone know the name of the song? edit: The songs name is Aitai from Kiroro~

another recent video (groupperformance with her sister and others) seems that she has stamina aswell. :D

#42 Haro66

Haro66

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 1318 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

Ruruuuuuuuuuu <3

#43 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

No, my guess is really that when it comes down to the 12th gen. auditions, the timing was off. After they announced the audition in the beginning of this year, Morning Musume's popularity suddenly took off, against all expectations. There are some talented girls among the finalists with a lot of potential, who would have definitely added something to MM. But having a bunch of new girls around will only slow MM down at the moment. If things had been different for the group at the moment, Ruru would have probably gotten in. But yeah, this is just my guess.

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#44 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

I find it hard to believe that she wouldn't immediately add to the quality of MM right now. I know it's a small sample but basing it on what I've heard she's already better than Riho and probably would give Sakura a run for her money (Though Sakura may be more versatile). As much as I know about dancing shows her to be trained and competent again she's probably already better than some current MM members. You can't even question her ability to perform in front of audience which sometimes is completely unknown factor...she's mostly doing solo's here in front of reasonable crowds. So the only reasons I can see she wasn't added...would be personality or looks based those concerns have to very big to count against all the very positive plus points (and again using a small sample and very limited knowledge I don't she a problem with either).

But I agree with @the rose garden I think we can take what Tsunku said at face value here and that they just didn't want to add anyone right now...and whatever happens we know the 12ki is only delayed there will be additions eventually with all of these failed finalists in the program and consideration.

There's also another possibility for ruru and that's if they had any concerns about her ability to fit into a group, I think she actually has some strong soloist potential.

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#45 Corpenicus62

Corpenicus62

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3603 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

To be blunt, it pretty much boils down to her looks, which are not very "idolish" at the moment.  I think she's obviously a great vocalist, far better than most of the current members, but that's not enough to be popular with the wotas, who care very deeply about cuteness.

#46 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

That's crazy talk though, are these the same people who think Sakura looks like a middle-aged housewife? ^^; Never discount Tsunku's ability at the Idol makeover. :noo:

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#47 Jenksy

Jenksy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 662 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

I find her pretty and cute as it is, doesn't need much of a makeover... dunno what these peoples are talking about! 

#48 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

I'm not going to suggest that she didn't get in because she's not pretty, as she would have been eliminated far earlier in the audition process if that were the case, but the wota reaction to her has been... lukewarm, at best, in terms of both appearance and skill. Not that it particularly matters, but it is what it is.

DDOhydd.gif

#49 Corpenicus62

Corpenicus62

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3603 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

My impression, based on my limited Japanese skills, is that the wota/2ch types are highly impressed by her singing (they're not complete idiots), but not her appearance.   Same as Sakura, essentially.   Although it's easy to dismiss their opinion, they are the ones who contribute a great deal of money to UFP's bottom line, so I do worry about what they think.

Anyway, Ruru's still young, and she has yet to undergo the famous H!P makeover.  So we shall see.

#50 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

I've seen a lot of "she's pretty good, but we can go without." I feel that they have something planned for these 12th gen auditionees, but Ruru might just be better off as a soloist, as many have also said.

DDOhydd.gif

#51 TommyKupo

TommyKupo

Borneo-san

• Senpai
  • 1557 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:15 AM

Ruru, I like that name. ^-^

tumblr_mtnn3jwphb1qf64jao3_400.gif

J7ElkW0.jpg

#52 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

No, my guess is really that when it comes down to the 12th gen. auditions, the timing was off. After they announced the audition in the beginning of this year, Morning Musume's popularity suddenly took off, against all expectations. There are some talented girls among the finalists with a lot of potential, who would have definitely added something to MM. But having a bunch of new girls around will only slow MM down at the moment. If things had been different for the group at the moment, Ruru would have probably gotten in. But yeah, this is just my guess.

I also think the situation was more or less like what you said. Tsunku's 12 gen audition announcement was so sudden. It came out a week after the 12th gen audition previews came out on Helo Station. Whats more significant was that the announcement came out a day after Momusu's Music Station appearance which was a huge success and got attention from alot of media people. As Momusu was promoting heavily the 10 member Morning Musume, it would be counter productive to suddenly add new girls. So Tsunku had to make a decision to stop the 12th gen audition. 

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#53 AmaSusE

AmaSusE

チーム はるちゃん

• Senpai
  • 6315 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:26 AM

^ Yes, I completely agree with you, zam ... that's what I think, too.

6DYNteh.png

#54 MomusuJuice

MomusuJuice

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

She is the best. Easily one of the top in H! P. Her voice wise at least. I see her as better than all current momusu except Sakura. I love her voice and her and sakura have the most beautiful voices. I my opinion Tsunku is planning abd we must wait. Its exciting.

Looks wise Sakura was ugly to me (and so was Ayumi who became pretty in wakuteka take a chance) for a very long time since S/mileage auditions. That just recently changed since Wagamama ki no mama ai no joke. She is now my secind fave momusu coming out of third place because now she has the look and talent. Ruru isn't ugly but she isn't as easy on the eyes either yet and maybe its the wrong camera side or bad pic. She is however cute and definitely not Ugly. My point is DONT underestimate the Tsunku transformation.

But seriously this girl is talented and a cutesy pie.

#55 Corpenicus62

Corpenicus62

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3603 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

Sakura made a bad first impression with fans.   She seemed quiet and plain, and it didn't help that she was the only member of her generation.   I think she's terrific now, but UFP kind of bungled her debut, and I think she's still paying the price for that.

I just hope they don't make the same mistake with Ruru.   They should give her time to find her voice as a Kenshuusei, give her a makeover, see how the fans react, and then debut her in about a year or so (in MM or some other group).   I think she's only 12-13 years old, so she has plenty of time. 

#56 lee@

lee@

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 961 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

Just saw this on youtube.

http://www.youtube.c...ature=endscreen

#57 Corpenicus62

Corpenicus62

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3603 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

A kind soul at the Hello Project Wiki has translated much of Ruru's YT introduction:

http://helloproject....ki/Danbara_Ruru

• When asked why she joined Hello! Pro Kenshuusei, She said that her skills would be improved by the lessons.
  • She was asked what she reflected on when the fourth round was over. She wondered whether she can dance cool, and thought about her smile and facial expression while singing, and while dancing too. She was nervous and says she probably didn't learn it by heart, and that was a problem. She goes on to say the whole experience -  learning a new dance, being taught a new song, practicing with everyone, and just being with everyone - was really fun. She says she's a long way off right now, and though she's excited about it all, she's also a bit scared.
  • When asked why she wanted to join Morning Musume, she replied that when she would go to a concert, the members seemed to shine and she thought "Ah, I want to do that too!".
  • She says she wants to do solos. She wants to convey her energy to the people listening to her singing and for them to be moved. To her, Morning Musume is a unit that projects their energy and power like that, so for now she wants to be in Morning Musume.
  • They asked "what if you're given the chance to debut in another unit?" Ruru said, if she had the chance to debut, she'd be super happy.
  • When asked who she aspires to be like in Hello! Project, she said Sayashi Riho. Their activity with dancing isn't all that different, so once she is a Kenshuusei she wants to learn from her.

#58 Guest_StellaFleure_*

Guest_StellaFleure_*
  • Guests (Not logged in)

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

@ Roddy Reta: suki beam ~~~ <3 already wrote all of this at the second page of this thread ;).

#59 SailorKame

SailorKame

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

Glad she decided to join the KSS... she definitely came across as a keeper during the 12th gen auditions.

I think the big issue with her is that adding her to MM right now could mess up the successful formula that seems to be working... I'm sure talent-wise she can come in and be awesome, but whatever 'formula' this current formation has come up with could be disrupted if other people (no matter how talented they are) join.

Also, another thing is that there simply can't be too many front members/'aces' in one group... can you imagine an alternate reality where Sayashi, Oda, Miyamoto are members and this girl is added in the 12th gen??? The songs would need to be 15 minutes long to feature them, let alone to throw crumbs at everyone else!

Just my opinion but unless there's early retirements in MM, we are more likely to see Ruru in some new group. Berryz and Cute are just about to reach the end of the line, so there's a high likelihood we might see her in a new group sooner rather than later. But again, just my opinion, Tsunku might troll us and add her next year in a concert or something.

Also, I hope they do something with her and Sayashi where they acknowledge they went to the same acting school, something to establish a senpai/kouhai connection and maybe a rivalry element to it.

#60 yopychan

yopychan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 730 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

I also think the situation was more or less like what you said. Tsunku's 12 gen audition announcement was so sudden. It came out a week after the 12th gen audition previews came out on Helo Station. Whats more significant was that the announcement came out a day after Momusu's Music Station appearance which was a huge success and got attention from alot of media people. As Momusu was promoting heavily the 10 member Morning Musume, it would be counter productive to suddenly add new girls. So Tsunku had to make a decision to stop the 12th gen audition. 

TRUE AND TRUE I think the same!!! and I see a lot of videos of ruru and really we need more talent girls on MM u.u the current are cute BUT I HOPE 12th gen add to ruru and Hirona in MM BUT IT¨S JUST MY DREAM

16f0ffd84912a81dd890f9bdf49f9bd8o.jpg

:ongaku:  :ongaku: ¡WE ARE BRAND NEW PONY! :ongaku:  :ongaku:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users