Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:32 AM

new oshi alert

#862 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 06:28 AM

Latest OMAKE video featuring reporter Ruru. She's really blossoming now.

#863 Muyim Pimoup

Muyim Pimoup

Micky Chelsea Fieldmiddle

• Senpai
  • 2802 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 06:54 PM

i lover her Reporter series, i hope it will continue,,  :arrow:

ITEwlYD.png

H!O GENERAL ELECTION 2023 IS OPEN!!!

VOTE AT https://www.hello-on...-election-2023/

#864 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 11:45 AM

I've heard some criticisms of Ruru that she's essentially a shouter, relying on the power of her voice to carry here.  I think this video dispells that notion, she's a complete singer.

I imagine her recording sessions are all like this:  she comes in and sings everything perfectly in the first take, Taisei says "ok, that's good" and she says "thanks" and leaves........

#865 mach1neshop

mach1neshop

Where oceans bleed into the sky

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:35 PM

^ I feel like that kind of opinion is highly oriented around her performances during lives. People generally have a proclivity to raising volume when they can't hear themselves, and I feel like that even with monitors on she's no exception. That being said her tremolo/vibrato live is pretty darned good - kinda shoots that criticism down easily in my opinion.

The most important thing is to keep the most important thing the most important thing. - Donald P. Coduto
---
mach1neshop's random song spotlight: Death Cab for Cutie - Soul Meets Body from Plans

#866 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4361 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:37 PM

<3

Danbara%20Ruru-869267.jpg

肉じゃが 段原瑠々

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#867 Blackmallow

Blackmallow

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 589 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:57 PM

She looks so happy when singing.

#868 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 10:55 PM

Omg, this is so great!!

https://twitter.com/...072191332126721

Dambara Ruru will sing the national anthem at the Mazda Zoom Zoom Stadium in Hiroshima on September 6

#869 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:56 PM

#870 tadase

tadase

Everlasting

• Senpai
  • 661 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:29 PM

That outright sounded like an Anime OST -- that scene where everyone begins to regroup and celebrate after killing the main villain of the series.

Untitled-1.jpg

#871 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:40 PM

There's a better video I've seen on Facebook, I'm trying to track down a link. Meanwhile, the Carp's mascot molested Ruru! :D

Attached Files

#872 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 02:24 AM

^
^
I like the Star Spangled Banner well enough, but I am kinda jealous.  Japan's national anthem is a pretty strong piece of work.
(and blessedly short, omg, why can't the rest of the world's national anthems be 1 minute long)

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#873 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 05:04 AM

I have no idea how old it is, it sounds ancient, particulary if played on traditional instruments, like this veesion from the Nagano Winter Olympics opening ceremony:

#874 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 08:24 AM

Wikipedia says the poem used for the lyrics was made some time between 794-1185CE and that the melody was chosen in 1880. Thousand year old lyrics aside, even the melody seems really traditional for something made after the Meiji restoration. Also agree that it's much less frustrating in length than our SPB in the US, but that one to me has seemed outdated since the mid 1900s at the very least.

Ruru sounded amazing though, which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Her voice has always seemed very well-suited to slow melodies with a lot of flourish.

#875 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 10:38 AM

Spanish anthem is even better. Has no lyrics, so is easy to remember and no argues about the meaning. ^_^

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#876 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 01:19 PM

^
^
I think she can handle a pretty good range of song styles.  It came up just a little bit ago, but I don't think she deserves her reputation as  "belt or bust" singer.  It's strange, I think that image is actually because of how she dances more than how she sings. IMHO, she dances like somebody who is always seeking "bigger, louder, broader" but she doesn't really sing that way (or at least not always).  Well... that and that she can when it's called for.

Even when she's singing percussively, she's obviously in control
https://youtu.be/AM7lqcr4nFU?t=950

Though, TBH, she might get overexcited sometimes  x_x   (I think the real key to Umaretate no Baby Love is the difference in dynamics, and I don't think she nailed this one...)
https://youtu.be/sWydg2tKQwY?t=130
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#877 Kaeseki

Kaeseki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1476 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 11:58 PM

Very nice performance!  Hopefully some day Ruru will sing the greatest national anthem of them all:

https://www.youtube....h?v=MM8rDOFf6hs

#MAGA

#878 ruel

ruel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1222 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:03 PM

here

JNiysQ1.jpeg

#879 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:41 PM

Shut up!, the Queen is singing:

https://www.joysound...4242022?mip=100

<3

#880 jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 385 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 02:08 AM

I've heard some criticisms of Ruru that she's essentially a shouter, relying on the power of her voice to carry here.  I think this video dispells that notion, she's a complete singer.

I imagine her recording sessions are all like this:  she comes in and sings everything perfectly in the first take, Taisei says "ok, that's good" and she says "thanks" and leaves........

Even more proof that claim is false. She belts some sections and pulls back and sings others softly. She is the only person in Hello!Project at the moment who can surpass Sakura Oda, in my opinion. But neither's story is fully written, but this girl is something serious. For a person like me, to hear her sing is almost erotic. What I would not give to have her record a song for me!

Upcoming Recording (starts at 18:20)

This girls voice is amazing for an idol. Such control and warmth to the sound. She is a bit aggressive in her pronunciation, but that can be improved with time. I see such promise in her voice. She does need to practice being just as dynamic in her quiet times as her loud times. She also needs to smooth out her transitions from note to note, adding more "legato-like" or  "glissando-like" motions to her singing would make her untouchable, in my humble opinion of course. She had minor intonation issues when singing accapella, but those happen to everybody. For a young lady, she shows much promise.

Morning Musume - Sato Masaki (佐藤優樹) Haga Akane (羽賀朱音 ) 

Fukumura Mizuki (譜久村聖) - 聖そういうのじゃないもん… Oda Sakura (小田さくら) - フェロモン・ディーヴァ 笑うだけではダメ

Angerme - Murota Mizuki (室田瑞希) Kawamura Ayano (川村文乃) Ise Layla (伊勢鈴蘭)

Kobushi Factory - Hamamura Ayano (浜浦彩乃) Tsubuki Factory - Kishimoto Yumeno (岸本ゆめの)

If you enjoy the music of Hello!Project, join me as I dissect individual songs on my blog, The Tasogare Touch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users