• Please log in to reply
1218 replies to this topic

#1101 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 07:17 AM

Anna Yamamoto (Leader of =LOVE) thanked Ruru on twitter for doing a tik tok with their song.
https://twitter.com/...4251561984?s=19

Kawaii!

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeMygdRt/

#1102 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4361 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 04:47 AM

<3

Danbara%20Ruru-980117.jpg

https://www.instagra.../p/CMZi-WnHc14/

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#1103 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 11:30 AM

Ruru showing off J=J's Spring 2021 goods  ^-^

Custom programmable LED pegboard. If anyone wants to make a similar thing, PM me and I will help you out =)

#1104 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 02:57 PM

Kawaii sugite!

#1105 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 03:03 AM

Watching the Juice=Juice Premium Hina Fest......and it's pretty apparant that Ruru is the undisputed ace of the group now. As happy as I am about that I still really miss Sayubee.

#1106 rainbow

rainbow

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 12:13 PM

Watching the Juice=Juice Premium Hina Fest......and it's pretty apparant that Ruru is the undisputed ace of the group now. As happy as I am about that I still really miss Sayubee.

Yeah, happy for my favourite member!!! But I have to admit, that final line in CHOICE & CHANCE was.... weird??? (to say something).... I don't imagine anyone on the group singing like Sayuki in songs like Magic of Love.

#1107 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 04:58 PM

Can't remember which tune it was but it was one where Sayuki goes airborne on an ad-lib cadenza.......and whoever did it (not Ruru) modified it. W/O Sayubee, her parts got split up, obviously. Now we have a very capable ReiRei, Manakan got more lines and Yume/Riai are carrying more of the load. Those two are actually quite good. Whoever they add can't be a weak singer in this group.

#1108 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1650 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 06:39 PM

I do feel stressful for Ruru though. She has to take on Sayubee's lines and it's definitely not an easy job. I hope she doesn't end up destroying her vocal chords.

#1109 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 06:52 PM

Yeah I don't like the idea of putting too much stress on Ruru. Problem is both Karin and Sayubee, the two best vocalists in J=J, left. Therefore, Karin's part should be split between KNTM, Yume and Manakan, whereas Sayubee's part should be split between Reirei, Ruru and Riai. Ruru is also a main vocalist, so it's a good idea to rest her voice a little bit.

#1110 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 09:04 PM

her voice has been sounding very strained this past year tbh... hope this doesnt make it even worse.

#1111 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 09:41 PM

Yeah, I also thought her voice sounded a bit strained in Hina Fes. It's a lot of pressure to put on her to bring all the 'OOMF' factor to the performances, and Rei is quite capable of doing some impressive vocal work as well so I hope they lean more heavily on her. Also Riai's getting there. Hopefully this isn't a permanent thing. :(

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#1112 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 11:01 PM

she hasn't been doing too well vocally since about this time last year i think, but it got worse around the fall (go back a few pages in this thread, i posted about her bday event where her voice was really strained). i haven't watched hina fes yet but i've heard about her choice&chance line and that she got a lot of sayubee/karin's lines, which i expected but i'm still really worried for her. really hoping for j=j to get some good singers out of that audition because things are only going to get worse for ruru now orz

#1113 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 11:19 PM

I think management is mixing up the difference between having a powerful sounding voice and having strong vocal cords. Ruru’s vocal tone is gorgeous and she has a lot of strength to it, but I get the impression from the last year of her sounding strained that her voice sounds stronger than it is — she can’t actually take on a lot. Even Sayubee sounded strained at times doing all the crazy ad-libs.

After watching the Hina Fest, I don’t think anyone in Juice is truly capable of the more complicated fakes (Rei is MAYBE an exception, but they really didn’t have her doing much of that despite being the most capable). They often had Ruru doing most of them, and she struggled a lot, but Riai, Tomo, and Manakan didn’t hold up too well doing them either (with Riai she’s just a little too flat right now, but she’s definitely getting there with improving her vocals!).

That said, Ruru wasn’t the only one sounding strained. I thought Tomo sounded pretty strained throughout the performance. I think the only members that sounded stable throughout were Akari, Manaka, Rei, and Yume.

#1114 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 11:27 PM

I agree that Rei is more capable than they're utilising her, and I agree about Ruru's voice.

Edit: after watching Juice=Juice premium, I think the group is doing OK.

imo Rei might've been a better choice for the last line of CHOICE&CHANCE but she already had the percussion part so...I was impressed by Ruru's fast reaction to save that line though.

I was pleasantly surprised by some of the ad libs that Yume and Manaka did. It seems like Rei and Riai and Yume and Manaka are getting more lines in general -- I guess in the end if this is the best they can do for now they do need new girls that can take some of the vocal burden (tho getting someone at performance standard straight off is unlikely), but I think Yume could probably take up more lines in the future.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#1115 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 03:53 PM

Anybody who's going to sing Sayuki's lines should just doing it simple with their own way. Ruru already have her own gorgeous voice, no need to do the ad-libs which is clearly she not comfortable with.

#1116 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 07:27 PM

honestly a lot of people think that  being a good singer=adlibs and viceversa, some singers are really good but they just don't fit adlibs or just can't do them.

now, i think Ruru for sure can take the challenge but im not surprised she is not quite there now considering how poor their training is and how strained she has sound lately, they should just split the parts among all the members, some taking lighter parts obviously.

#1117 claneksi

claneksi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5302 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 05:50 AM

For me ad-libs are more about live singing improvisation. So I wouldn't call that particular line ad-lib, really. Similar to something like Gatamekira intro. I mean, they were done exactly the same in the studio recording and almost every performance so there's not much of improvisation going on. That's just the way it's supposed to be sung. 

(I'm aware the term ad-libs and fakes are frequently used in these context. Just imho.)

What Ruru did in that C&C performance, now that's ad-lib. Improvise to better fit her range.

I think the problem is that a lot of Sayuki's lines were composed with her range and capability in mind. So there are bound to be some lines that aren't suited to the majority of H!P members. Sure, some can 'reach' the note, but to sing it the way Sayuki did it is quite a challenge.

#1118 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 07:19 AM

Agreed. There are quite a few girls in H!P who have similar ranges to Sayuki, but her signature sound is being able to make it sound effortless. And her rich vocal tone. It's just not going to sound the same, and that's OK but maybe some lines should be reworked to have the new singers' vocal strengths in mind.

And yes, Ruru's C&C was a real ad-lib!

Edit: also, it bends my brain a little how ad-libs in H!P talk mean like, embellishments/flourishes, and fakes mean falsetto. I'd be really interested in figuring out where their use of 'fake' came from.

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#1119 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 02:28 AM

^ I thought fakes were just what Japanese people call adlib type parts. Like the “Whoa, whoa” parts of Resonant Blue are referred to as “fakes”, as are Sayuki’s adlibs during Magic of Love, and so on.

#1120 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 02:32 AM

Hmm, maybe I'm misinterpreting what they're saying on Hello Dream. It seems like they're calling actual adlibs fakes as well as falsetto parts fakes, but maybe all the falsetto parts were also adlibs and I missed that.

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users