• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 vutt

vutt

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2529 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

I thought I'll start this thread so we can share our experience and give useful hints in one place.

I'll start with my experience concerning colour changer LED glow sticks. I have two of them King Blade x10 12 and LED Lumica Lumiace Colour Changer so I was able ot took couple of side by side pics:

ce5p.th.jpg hcbx.th.jpg lyis.th.jpg

I think King Blade sticks have been for couple of past years kind of mainstream product in color changer sticks segment. Cost is around 2600-3000¥. Lumica version I have was released this year. Both of them have same 12 colours. King blade is slightly brighter, but Lumica has special press and hold type of light booster button which makes it glow brighter then King Blade.

What makes Lumica really attractive is it's price ~1700¥. Build quality is in par with pricier stick, but you can see that light is not as smooth and unison compared to King Blade.

I had them at C-ute Nippon Budokan concert. With my average European male size hands I was able to hold them both in one hand quite comfortably. One warning though last row 2nd floor at Budokan is very dark place and 2 glow sticks together are really bright. It might annoy your neighbors. I guess it's less of a problem in FC sector close to stage lighting.

It seems that Color changers are very popular. It was so cool to see how entire arena switched colors when girls talked one by one during MC-s.

#2 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

I've got the Kingblade II which is still in the same price range as the first version but you get 15 colours even if a few of them are just different blues and greens, probably your best bet for an MM concert ;D

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#3 vutt

vutt

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2529 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

^ Yeah looks like MM fan will be it trouble with 12 colour versions because there are only 2 green versions. Also lavender seems to be missing.

I forgot to add that they introduced special 2000¥ colour changer C-ute glow stick for ongoing concert tour. But it's not exactly bright one. Girl next to me on Budokan concert had it.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3Hea0RvLnQw

Attached Files

#4 vutt

vutt

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2529 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

MM branded Color Changer LED glow Stick link

Looks like its based on King Blade.

#5 Colorful Era

Colorful Era

おつかれーなたん

• Senpai
  • 2299 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

It is King Blade X10 based with custom-10 colors of each MM member's color, color changes in Sayu's -> Sakura's loop.

#6 vutt

vutt

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2529 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:51 AM

They started to sell new DX C-ute branded penlight today. A lot brighter than last years one.
image.jpg
Since it's clearly King Blade based you can customize it with original King Blade tube.
image.png
I guess this is good news for those macho man who may find heart shaped light on top his stick little bit embarrassing.

It costs ¥3500 btw.

#7 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:41 PM

I honestly just saw this thread ..

i got the 2 King Blade x10 12 and 2 LED Lumica Lumiace Colour Changer too ..

Basically the Lumica one is obviously much cheaper than the King Blade

But the King Blade is brighter even if you on the Lumica booster function ..

The problem with Lumica is you got to hold on to the button for booster function .. i am thinking of ways to modify it so that the booster function could be on always..

Furthermore .. from my observation .. most fans use King Blade .. you may get that noob feeling using Lumica ..

Anyway .. for concerts .. i like holding 2 glow stick on each hand with for both hands ..

1 King Blade and 1 Lumica for each hand ..

I went to S/mileage Budokan in this set up .. and lucky that I have a color changer because as some may know .. MM, Berryz, C-ute, J=J came for S/mileage Budokan and perform there ..

I was able to switch red for MM, orange for Berryz, pink for C-ute and purple for J=J .. LOL

furthermore .. at the end of the concert .. there was these great moment where the fans switch to the color of each S/mileage member saying their final speech ..

I would always recommend color changer because it gives you flexibility even though the single color King Blade are even brighter ..

On another note .. I have watch S/mileage Budokan video and spotted myself .. and on the video .. both King Blade and Lumica look equally as bright because of the way camera work I guess ..

#8 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:55 PM

Isn't there a King Blade colour changer, too? I mean since I'm a cheapskate I'd go for that Lumica one, but I thought King Blade had one, too.

/edit: Reading some posts above, there are King Blade colour changers.

About the battery: It's replaceable, right?

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#9 vutt

vutt

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2529 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:09 PM

Yep! Both King blade x10 and King blade x10 II are powered with 3 replaceable 1,5V  AAA battery

#10 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:28 PM

That's good to know, thank you!

VKnn8U2.png

#11 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:51 AM

400_zps5da5dc8f.jpg

In addition .. I also have the Lumi Ace Light..
They have 2 version the black handle is for mat tube and the white handle is for glitter tube
http://www.lumicasho.../detail418.html
http://www.lumicasho.../detail419.html

I got 2 glitter tube version ..
It is only a 8 color changer and it only use 1 AAA Battery ..
It is obviously not bright enough and the tube are too thin .. I can hardly spot it in the S/mileage Budokan video

But still .. I think it is good as it is much smaller and lighter in weight to carry ..
and would definitely work well in smaller shows or mini live events ..

#12 vutt

vutt

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2529 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:18 PM

IMfek5e.jpg

New King Blade x10 III has been announced: https://akiba-souken...picture/672393/

It appears you can customise your colour profile using entire RGB range with smartphone app. Also brightness can be tweaked in case you need longer battery life. You can even exchange custom colour profiles with your fellow wotas.

#13 Nao-kun

Nao-kun

Seeding is Sexy

• Senpai
  • 5921 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:24 PM

All the shades of pink for the ever growing Momuse XD

#14 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:43 PM

^
^ .. OMG .. !! ..
wonder if the app is on every region and also is it android, apple and what else?
and how do you connect it ? bluetooth? USB? ..
Looks like being an wota includes knowing how to configure you glow stick for different shows soon .. XD

and looks like it will cost a bomb .. XD
wonder if it would knock the price of King Blade x10 II down .. :P

#15 vutt

vutt

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2529 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:02 PM

^ If you click through that gallery link I gave you can see that app is in English. It would be really weird if they restrict English app only to Japan. App screenshots suggest that through IR link you can change colours in real time. I hope there other ways like NFC, BT, Wifi to communicate since not that many smartphones/tablets have IR functionality.

#16 vutt

vutt

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2529 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:49 PM

Cross-posting it here as well

I have been using generic 15 colour King Blade so far.
I finally decided to get C-ute branded one.

Compared to generic one it has indeed only 5 C-ute colours plus one extra color mode for DD-s where it starts automatically cycle through all colours with 3 sec interval.
btw. it is manufactured by Ruifan. Same company is producing King Blades.

ytwKGuv.jpg
FmLEg5P.jpg

#17 Hotaru_Malfoy

Hotaru_Malfoy

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:47 PM

Cross-posting it here as well

I have been using generic 15 colour King Blade so far.
I finally decided to get C-ute branded one.

Compared to generic one it has indeed only 5 C-ute colours plus one extra color mode for DD-s where it starts automatically cycle through all colours with 3 sec interval.
btw. it is manufactured by Ruifan. Same company is producing King Blades.

ytwKGuv.jpg
FmLEg5P.jpg

Where can I buy one with shiping for Europe? Please

June, 30th... Tsugunaga Momoko you'll be always in my heart , my first idol ever  <3

<3 Juice=Juice Fan Club  <3

<3 Kobushi Factory Fan Club  <3

#18 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:43 PM

Are these sticks only available in Japan??  Amazon is sold out of the initial links of this thread, and though there are a few import ones listed on Amazon (USA), they're a specific color and I don't want to be that guy who has the wrong color!!

(planning on going to a C-ute show this year).

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#19 Gabby

Gabby

Keep your smile

• Senpai
  • 2224 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:54 PM

Are you just looking for a normal penlight? Because this one should work then 

https://www.amazon.c...rds=kingblad 10

All my friends who go to concert on the regular always recommend the shining ones. 

But if you want group specific ones the fallowing groups still have penlights on the elineupmall website.

C-ute, Angerme, Juice=Juice, Tsubaki Factory(nvm it's sold out.)

HLxdmXb.png

#20 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:56 PM

Otakumode had the °C-ute glow sticks I guess (just googled it; in another thread I said they were only available in Japan but guess I was wrong), but currently they only have ANGERME and Juice=Juice.

VKnn8U2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users