59 replies to this topic

#41 tadase

tadase

Always lurking

• Senpai
  • 657 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:50 PM

So yeah let's go back to the topic since it got derailed for a bit there

bringing this back so i can ramble about my love for mashin sentai kiramager lmao. it's such a cute show, it really feels like a precure season in sentai form. i don't really know a lot about sentai but since i dropped ryusoulger last year (i got bored with it ngl, but now that it's being adapted into pr dino fury i kinda regret dropping it) i decided to give it another try this year and i really love it!!! my favorite character is easily sena, she's like a pink cure except in sentai and i love that about her. also her smile reminds me of meichan's and i love that LOL

i've also been watching toqger, i'm almost halfway through it. it reminds me a lot of kiramager, they're both really energetic and bright (both in tone and characters) and i love that vibe. i think after i finish toqger i'm gonna watch shinkenger, i grew up watching power rangers samurai which is apparently a literal copy of shinkenger scene for scene so i know i'm gonna recognize most scenes and plot lines but it still seems fun so i'll give it a try. idk what i'll watch after that, kinda too early to really think about it but maybe ryusoulger?? idk

I'm loving Kiramager so far! Methinks Yellow should've been the lead if not for the "High School student" aura the production was looking for. He seemed so perfect for a Sentai Team lead.

I've been watching SS series way before, and it was revitalized during Lupinranger VS Patranger. It was such a unique concept to the series back then and I really like the references to Lupin and 

Watching Ninninger at the moment. Bioman was the most popular series in my country and a lot though the next series were just continuations of the Bioman franchise. lol

Also the soundtrack is 100% good  -- even the old ones! I'm glad they're on Spotify.

Untitled-1.jpg

#42 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 06:16 PM

i really love juuru so i can't imagine any of the other kiramagers as the leader but tbh even if there was no juuru they all have enough leadership qualities to make it work. the team as a whole has a cute dynamic tbh, it reminds me a lot of some power rangers seasons where everyone is experienced except for the red ranger who wasn't supposed to be there (mostly lost galaxy but also kinda spd and beast morphers). i've honestly only seen a few sentai (gokaiger like 5-6 years ago, lupat, a bit of toqger) but i really should get into it more (...especially with these hasbro dropping sentai for power rangers rumors that started circulating a few days ago o_o)

lupat is a really cool concept! i lurk rangerboard (which is currently in flames re: the hasbro rumors) sometimes and it kinda makes me sad that it wasn't so well received there, tbh i really enjoyed it. even with the writing problems and sometimes annoyingly constant focus on the lupinrangers (i loved them but they got way more than the patrangers haha) it was a fun ride and the characters are all super loveable. i only know ninninger because of power rangers ninja steel (which was......a mess lol) but i haven't heard much about it besides that. it's pretty recent though so i might give that (and kyuranger?) a try after i watch toqger/shinkenger. plus they're recent enough so i can probably find working torrents for them. it was a pain finding the entirety of shinkenger but i owe my life to that one seeder holding out lmao

#43 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:03 PM

So why Kamen Rider Hibiki was so bad

#44 Saburo

Saburo

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 12:27 AM

Color me ignorant but I had NO idea that the original Rider series on Shout Factory was freebie for all. http://www.shoutfact...ies/kamen-rider

I got the R2 DVD suitcase over 15 (?) years ago and never coulda/woulda imagined the same material being available on a computer with well-composed subtitles. Enjoy 'em while you can.

乾杯 BABY!

#45 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 02:11 AM

bringing this back so i can ramble about my love for mashin sentai kiramager lmao. it's such a cute show, it really feels like a precure season in sentai form. i don't really know a lot about sentai but since i dropped ryusoulger last year (i got bored with it ngl, but now that it's being adapted into pr dino fury i kinda regret dropping it) i decided to give it another try this year and i really love it!!! my favorite character is easily sena, she's like a pink cure except in sentai and i love that about her. also her smile reminds me of meichan's and i love that LOL

i've also been watching toqger, i'm almost halfway through it. it reminds me a lot of kiramager, they're both really energetic and bright (both in tone and characters) and i love that vibe. i think after i finish toqger i'm gonna watch shinkenger, i grew up watching power rangers samurai which is apparently a literal copy of shinkenger scene for scene so i know i'm gonna recognize most scenes and plot lines but it still seems fun so i'll give it a try. idk what i'll watch after that, kinda too early to really think about it but maybe ryusoulger?? idk

I'm loving Kiramager so far! Methinks Yellow should've been the lead if not for the "High School student" aura the production was looking for. He seemed so perfect for a Sentai Team lead.

I've been watching SS series way before, and it was revitalized during Lupinranger VS Patranger. It was such a unique concept to the series back then and I really like the references to Lupin and 

Watching Ninninger at the moment. Bioman was the most popular series in my country and a lot though the next series were just continuations of the Bioman franchise. lol

Also the soundtrack is 100% good  -- even the old ones! I'm glad they're on Spotify.

did you just delete my Magical Adventures of morning musume you are so busted

#46 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 02:52 AM

^it's right here? http://www.hello-onl...morning-musume/

#47 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 04:38 AM

Your post was removed as it was off-topic and out of context with the current discussion points of this thread. As was pointed out to you, your own fanfiction thread is a more appropriate place for those sorts of posts.
DDOhydd.gif

#48 tadase

tadase

Always lurking

• Senpai
  • 657 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 12:44 PM

Color me ignorant but I had NO idea that the original Rider series on Shout Factory was freebie for all. http://www.shoutfact...ies/kamen-rider

I got the R2 DVD suitcase over 15 (?) years ago and never coulda/woulda imagined the same material being available on a computer with well-composed subtitles. Enjoy 'em while you can.

Oh sweet. Thank you for this! Been stuck to watching JAToku for the longest time now since I hate downloading episodes from torrents. lol

I did not. Do I look like a mod? Forum staff have a "Headquarters" tag in their profiles. I'm actually really happy if you think of me that way hahahaha

Kindly re-read the rules please. This is not a chatroom. This is a forum. 

Untitled-1.jpg

#49 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 04:43 PM

Sorry!

About Kamen Rider Hikibi was there drama at set or production issues that Toei had at the time

#50 tadase

tadase

Always lurking

• Senpai
  • 657 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:35 PM

None. I guess toku-focused websites can get you on those lol

Kamen Rider Blade Saber was just announced and will start this September after Zero One's run. This seems like a fantasy-made elemental series. Man I hope for some JRPG elements, storyline-wise.

Untitled-1.jpg

#51 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:57 PM

ooh, this is probably a good way to finally get into kamen rider. i've been meaning to for literal years now but i never tried it and i still barely know what the series is about lol

#52 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:14 PM

Tadase:You mean Saber everyone keeps mistaking the name

#53 tadase

tadase

Always lurking

• Senpai
  • 657 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:07 PM

^lolyup hahahahaha

ooh, this is probably a good way to finally get into kamen rider. i've been meaning to for literal years now but i never tried it and i still barely know what the series is about lol

Try starting with Build, Fourze or OOO. They're good starter series for getting into the Kamen Rider fandom

Untitled-1.jpg

#54 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:55 PM

ooh yeah ive heard about those, i'll probably pick one randomly and start watching it sometime lol

#55 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 06:40 PM

Kamen Rider Zero One is a big improvement over Zi O

#56 dreamcastegirl

dreamcastegirl

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 12:19 AM

So why Kamen Rider Hibiki was so bad

you are mistaken, she said, coming in to defend the honour of Hibiki several months too late. :P

she said, "don't make others suffer for your personal hatred." 

#57 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 01:37 AM

but why is it bad along with 555

#58 dreamcastegirl

dreamcastegirl

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 03:54 PM

but why is it bad along with 555

Well, I don't think it is bad, so I'm not sure I can help you define a contrary argument. :P

I quite liked 555, which even I was surprised at as I'm not especially a fan of Inoue's writing, and he when he was brought in to "fix" Hibiki, I was very sad and upset, as I'd genuinely enjoyed the show up until that point.

she said, "don't make others suffer for your personal hatred." 

#59 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 06:35 PM

What if they made a kamen rider season but Reina Yokoyama is the lead

#60 Saburo

Saburo

5th gen member

• Kouhai