• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 mby3

mby3

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 701 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:32 AM

We're all fans of an idol group or groups but would you ever want to join one, if you're young enough, and if you're too old, would you have when you were younger? I always think about it and from the outside I think I would like doing concerts, traveling and forming bonds with the other members but then thinking about the "darkside" of it such as not being able to date (not a big deal), the stress, the pressure, being slobbered over by old men among other things. In the end, I think it would be something fun to experience. It's such a foreign concept being from the west and all. How about the rest of you? Would you like to be an idol, why or why not?

Oda Sakura Nonaka Miki Ishida Ayumi Ikuta Erina Nakajima Saki Takeuchi Akari Shimizu Saki Sayashi Riho

#2 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:43 AM

I would want to be an idol, debut 13-14 leave when I'm like 19 lol. If I was in a group that worked like Morning Musume, I would aim to be in a position like Masaki, not over pressured, but not some girl in the back. 

MizukiRina

Twitter

#3 Zakura

Zakura

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:13 AM

I would love to. That has been my dream for a long time, and I practice hard to audition Morning Musume.
I would like to join 13-15 and leave something like 19-21.
Being idol is full of hard work, and I try to practice that as well.
But all the way, I really would love to.

#4 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

I would love to be an idol.

I would like to join at age 14 or 15 and leave when I'm 23.

It would be fun~ :)

#5 Bexie

Bexie

You can't spell Yoshizawa without oshi

• Senpai
  • 1278 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

No, I don't think so. Not for me.

zukkisig.png

Eternal Yossie Fangirl
<3 Zukki <3

Harunan ~ Kanana ~ Duu ~ Kaedi ~ Ruru 

You did well, Jonghyun

#6 teatime

teatime

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 641 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:27 AM

Yes and no. Yes because you get to experience something that's different from the "typical" youth of studying for exams. But also no because I bet these girls get unbelievable pressure to look good, to say the right things, to sing well/dance well, to get enough exposure, and to not get taken advantage of by their companies/big shots in the business. 

From the outside being an idol looks very fun and glamorous, but I bet these girls go through absolute hell!! If you think about it idols practice for weeks to perfect a song and dance before performing the said song and dance that will probably last for 3-5 minutes. That's some tough work. Also can you imagine balancing school (especially Japanese academics) on top of dance training + singing lessons, then the various other jobs, and the travelling (being away from home, missing friends and family members). I think idols sacrifice quite a bit to become entertainers. I respect them a whole lot, but I don't think I would last in the business. I would probably want to be an idol for a week, but that's about as long as I can last! 

25iq96u.jpg
Michishige Sayumi & Oda Sakura

#7 Machi-chan

Machi-chan

Hopless Fangirl <3

• Senpai
  • 1687 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

I would love to. It's everything I love. I love singing and dancing above all else, and I feel like I'm the type of person who may do well as an idol? I don't mean that in a cocky way XD  I'm really hyper and have a very...strong(?) personality naturally, and get told i'm really strange and quirky and interesting, so I think it could work?

I thin being an idol would be so so fun. Getting to perform all the time and having dedicated fans who care what you have to say and just I dunno it seems so cool. I wish I could be XD

Not to mention I complain on a pretty regular basis about how boring reality is and being an idol is just totally something cool and different that would break this boring streak of eat, school, eat, school, eat, computer, sleep. lollll

x244d2.jpg
"Make each moment precious, and put your spirit into everything you do, and express gratitude to everyone you know." ~Airi Suzuki <3

#8 Mab

Mab

Everywhere you go, the sky is the sky, and people are people.

• Senpai
  • 1221 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:51 AM

No.  You can't have relationships, at least ones that are known about..  That's just a huge no, so backwards, I'd never be an idol unless that restriction would be repealed.  It is just so unrealistic, if you can't have fans because you have a boyfriend or a girlfriend... just no.

#9 TheFlush'18

TheFlush'18

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1064 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

absolutely not

#10 Novibunn

Novibunn

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 331 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

Liking idols is different than actually wanting to be one, I definitely would not want to be one.. It looks fun on the outside but I have no doubts that it's an exhausting job. I've always wondered how the girls manage school and their career at the same time.

set by michirin ☆
2cem050.png
Hello! Project | AAA | EBiDAN | Da-iCE

#11 Draude12

Draude12

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 979 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:51 AM

It never cross my mind that i would like to become an idol because i don't want to lose my private life.

5ydydu.jpg

Avatar and signature created by ByuTaeReinA, Thank you very much.

3DS XL : 3282-5026-1667- Draude12 - Playing POKEMON X

#12 lintuip

lintuip

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 376 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

To be very honest, If I were a girl and living in Japan, I would want to become one. But I am neither so yeah when pigs fly!!

#13 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

If I had been born in Japan, I probably would have tried out for an idol group. I like being on stage and I like that whole atmosphere, all the preparation, and then the ultimate pay off of getting to perform. There's a lot of pressure, sure, but there's a lot of pressure in life anyways. The hardest thing for me would be sacrificing academics. Friends, family, dating, don't matter much to me. I've never dated as it is. And I'd just make friends with the group members. I'm an odd type of person, so I'd be one of those odd idols. It is possible to stand up for yourself in the industry and still succeed if you can back yourself up by being a good idol (ex: Takahashi Minami, who is very particular about only wearing and doing the things she wants to).

#14 Draude12

Draude12

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 979 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

I think being an idol is very hard, a lot of sacrifice and discipline to your self.

5ydydu.jpg

#15 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

I would love to be an idol, especially the touring. I love participating in stage shows and traveling the country to perform, sing and dance would be amazing. Talking with fans in MCs would make them feel like friends rather than fans and just all of the amazing events you can participate in. It would be so fun being an idol in the H!P concerts where you can perform with the other groups it just sounds like a lot of fun. However, the downside would be hardly seeing friends and family because of a busy schedule, I love seeing my friends and family so if I could only see them in certain parts of the year it would be saddening. Also the pressures of having to look good would make me feel insecure :(

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#16 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:38 AM

I don't know if I could be  an idol. It would be fun and all but I have a hard time memorizing things. Its probably easier if your japanese and thats your native language and stuff. I would enjoy doing for the most part except for looking good all the time, putting up with the hate that some of the girls get, the busy schedule, and probably not being allowed to talk to boys, since half of my friends are them.

#17 cilver

cilver

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

Tried it once, but that world is so hard to get in to. And to be frank, in Japan you need to be japanese or half to make it, sad but true. Of course there's exceptions, but if you want to become FAMOUS you need to work a hundred times harder than japanese idols do, and you need luck, need to speak japanese fluently and sing the songs in japanese... and you really need to be something, I mean unique and have qualities noone else does.

As I said, tried it but it stopped at modeling for a while and meeting a manager from Avex with my friend who I was in a band with. He wanted us to record a demo but my visa expired and a lot of other things happened that I had to go back home... I always think "what if" though. Meeting him was sheer luck but I always believed in our talent so I think it might've happend. Oh well, no time to dwell on the past. :) I'm too old now anyway and I'm trying to upgrade my guitar skills so I can play here in Sweden instead. But I don't feel that strive to be famous anymore, just playing cause it's fun ;)

If you're an idol, you need to be absolutely perfect, same in the modeling industry. I don't know how many times I heard I needed to diet or cut my hair or make my skin less dry or whatever it was... it's not glamorous at all! And I don't miss auditions AT ALL. Truth is you get like 3% of the things you try out for and getting rejected over and over really lower your self esteem quite a lot. I bet most people are better off and happier doing "normal" work, you need to be really strong to handle all that! Though, if you're ready to put 100% of your life into the industry and not give up just becuase you've been rejected a hundred times, you might make it. For me, it's not worth it though, it made me feel very bad about myself and I had to sacrifice so many things on the way. :/

Love, love, love performing though, it's almost worth everything else. If I could just have that and not the downsides I could do it fo a lifetime.

!Picture size must be less than 600x130!

#18 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

^Wow thats incredible opportunity. Avex too. Still, not everything Avex manages works out, take BeForU for example, once they got switched to avex. Everything went downhill from there. The world is definitely hard to get into. Coconuts Musume didn't work out at all and the girls were american or rather most of them were. The Japanese girls did better in it though.

#19 melonpan♪

melonpan♪

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2756 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:58 AM

When i was younger there was a thread like this on here and i was very excited to be an idol and even suggested we cultivate idolism in the west. Now i would not want to be an idol. I guess if i had become an idol 2 years ago i would be graduating now lol

#20 Draude12

Draude12

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 979 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

It's very imposible since i'm a boy, i know idols are just for girls only.

5ydydu.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users