• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#41 droopy10

droopy10

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1267 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

Well right now we don't even know how many would make it through the first couple of rounds of auditions to even make it to the draft and they haven't said that those who make it through have to get drafted so I don't really think we will have more than 2 girls per team selected. From what I understand, please correct me if I'm wrong, but those who are drafted are promised that they will become full Team members but they never said from right off the bat. They could have to go through the regular kks program while knowing that they will be promoted.

Since AKS is an agency all current kks from all 48groups are not able to participate, at least one less thing to worry about.

#42 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:40 AM

That Team 4 failed to deliver was something that wasn't intended. This messed things up considerably when they had to move all girls to other teams to save them. The intention to have four teams to promote KKS to ended with ZERO teams. 
It is easy to see how badly management want Okada Nana, Kojima Mako, Nishino Miki etc to get out there... but there are no free spots even if Mariko, Itano and Sayaka graduates. What makes things worse, they bring in sister-group members like Jurina, Milky, Fuuchan, Haruppi etc to steal the spotlight from KKS. 

To be honest... I think management wish that more girls, full and KKS, choose to graduate from AKB. To have a bit higher rotation of girls.
From a business prespective, it is OK to sacrifice a few KKS and low ranked full members for the sake of continued success... sounds crappy though.

hmmm...
QW8oeBO.jpg

A possible look at the most popular girls of the 48-family in a not too distant future? You will have opinions about who will graduate and who will stay, etc, but that is not really the point, sister-groups have the advantage at the moment. I think we will see Oshima, Kojima and Yukirin announce their graduations before any of these girls in the picture does. 

This draft is not about finding another Acchan, Meru, Jo or Jurina to develop over many years. They are hoping for another Sayanee, a bit older and ready to go out of the box. Still it takes time to build up a strong fanbase whoever you are.

^
I don't think they will be promised anything. They seem to be restricted to the team they got drafted for. If you got drafted for Team A it is Team A and nothing else. 

#43 culex

culex

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

PA: if you know anyone applying tell them to delete their internet footprint

I call conspiracy then - they must have 10 milky types ready to go and the whole thing is a fast track push for them to the top. Some scenario like girls that previously auditioned were rejected wink wink but told they "should" apply again at a special time for a special event. Then they can just repeat and exploit it every year. 

Have KKS been mentioned at all, I cant see anything on the site? Maybe they really do hope it could attract a different type of candidate then usual when the whole KKS thing can be sidestepped. And that does seem to add some sense to this madness.

#44 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

hmm .. this just look like another way to join the 48 group to me ...

I really don't see draft member as having any advantage ...
1) they can't choose their group + team..
2) Time proven fact .. the number of appearance on theater has no effect on popularity or push ..
fact is the least popular members have the most appearance and they never seem to get any more popular ..
3) KKS has their own stage while Draft member are just spare hoping for full members not to show up ..
4) Expectation on them will be higher than KKS ..it will be much more stressful ..

The only thing I wonder is what about ex-members, KKS that have left ..
what if they audition? like a certain few HKT48 girls that went off unceremoniously .. hmm ..
That would be interesting ... :P

whatever the case .. conspiracy theorist would obviously speculate that the captains have the management screaming in their earpiece on what to do that day ..lol

In all its looks kind of feudal to me .. as grandmaster allow their best/favorite apprentice to be master of their own and to choose their own apprentice..

#45 culex

culex

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 252 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

Theatre appearance is kind of besides the point. Its like saying its a fact that hair style has no effect on popularity and thus they have no advantage. Theatre appearance is just a chance at exposure and in the category of exposure, they possibly get to be the focal points of an event management want to compare to election and janken. Theatre appearance number doesn't matter because it just isn't a "big deal". If they made some event or "attendance selection" single every year then maybe it would be more then trivia. STRESS SELLS. They will just gain more sympathisers and fans if they play their cards right. If expectations are higher then it is because they are getting more attention which is not a bad thing.

#46 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

Ya .. obviously .. there are some advantage ..
I think I forgot to state in my previous post that its in comparison to KKS as in a trade off ...
If there will none .. then no one would audition for it ...

They are going to be on the fast track and they got a year to get there until the next draft turn up ...
They get the hype but .. they only got a limited time ...before the next girl is going to take the attention away ...

but whatever the case .. just like many innovation from aki-p ..
the fans would get use to it ..

honestly .. the idea is hype building during audition ...
The KKS selection has been pretty quiet and secretive and it not gaining any attention ...
some people don't even know which gen we are in now ..

I do think Aki-P stole a bit of the idea from H!P who seem to create hype during their audition ..
Aki-P is just mixing it all up all the good ideas and came up with something that would be a new AKB48 tradition ... and maybe be a very good one actually ..

#47 Morning Death

Morning Death

Scavenger Of Human Sorrow

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:53 AM

hmm .. this just look like another way to join the 48 group to me ...

I really don't see draft member as having any advantage ...
1) they can't choose their group + team..
2) Time proven fact .. the number of appearance on theater has no effect on popularity or push ..
fact is the least popular members have the most appearance and they never seem to get any more popular ..
3) KKS has their own stage while Draft member are just spare hoping for full members not to show up ..
4) Expectation on them will be higher than KKS ..it will be much more stressful ..

The only thing I wonder is what about ex-members, KKS that have left ..
what if they audition? like a certain few HKT48 girls that went off unceremoniously .. hmm ..
That would be interesting ... :P

whatever the case .. conspiracy theorist would obviously speculate that the captains have the management screaming in their earpiece on what to do that day ..lol

In all its looks kind of feudal to me .. as grandmaster allow their best/favorite apprentice to be master of their own and to choose their own apprentice..

1) Can KKS members chose which group they go to? Is there such a precedent? I haven't read or heard about any of those, maybe one passed bellow my radar.

2) This is supposed to be a disadvantage for KKS members of drafted members? I don't get this point.

3) Has it been confirmed that this is the way it will proceed with drafted members? I wouldn't be surprised if they call some of the least popular members out from time to time to allow some drafted members in. I wouldn't be surprised if they give drafted members some "chores" from time to time, like appearing in KKS stages once in a while. It is all conjecture at this point. The question is, who will have priority when filling one of those rare opened spots in a team? A KKS member or a drafted member? In best case scenario, for KKS members, they will give some priority to these drafted members only in the beginning, just to show this draft thing working, but who knows how it will work from then on. In the end, this thing will inevitably mean more competition and less opportunities for KKS members because, no matter in which way we spin it, a spot taken by a drafted member is a spot a KKS member didn't get.

And like you say, they will need to give a place to the drafted members of the previous year before the next draft goes forward. Unless they aren't shy to keep on making that drafted member line longer for AKB teams, like a long tail that teams drag around. And! Unless they ditch drafted members who didn't meet the expectations of the Team.

4) Expectation can be higher in them, and they may feel it, but there will also be a revealed, an evident opportunity to seize a spot within AKB. This may be a situation where opinions may dictate what benefits or not. I don't know about the rest, but to me for a member to know that a team has invested their interest over her may be much more of a comforting idea for her than to be performing indefinitely within a KKS group without not knowing if anyone really cares for her as to consider giving her a promotion, or to receive any kind of feedback to let her know that she is improving her way to get a spot. Maybe popular KKS members may be above the drafted members, when thinking about any possible unfolding that this drafting thingy may evolve to.

Posted Image
In a World of no guarantees, you can always count on a Demise at Dawn.

#48 Angels&Demons

Angels&Demons

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

Ya .. obviously .. there are some advantage ..
I think I forgot to state in my previous post that its in comparison to KKS as in a trade off ...
If there will none .. then no one would audition for it ...

They are going to be on the fast track and they got a year to get there until the next draft turn up ...
They get the hype but .. they only got a limited time ...before the next girl is going to take the attention away ...

but whatever the case .. just like many innovation from aki-p ..
the fans would get use to it ..

honestly .. the idea is hype building during audition ...
The KKS selection has been pretty quiet and secretive and it not gaining any attention ...
some people don't even know which gen we are in now ..

I do think Aki-P stole a bit of the idea from H!P who seem to create hype during their audition ..
Aki-P is just mixing it all up all the good ideas and came up with something that would be a new AKB48 tradition ... and maybe be a very good one actually ..

In remark to the bold part I would like to point out that this isn't the first time Aki-p has tried to create hype for an audition. When adding members to Onyanko Club he and the people working with him on the Onyanko Club project created as much hype as they possibly could. This was back in the mid-late 80s so really as with almost everything else you see H!P doing it was Tsunku who stole an idea from Aki-p.

No matter how human an idol is there's no excuse for a poorly delivered performance! :angry:

#49 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

Indeed.

And, if anything, the draft idea is inspired by baseball and sports.

#50 Morning Death

Morning Death

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

Indeed.

hmm, I think the draft is inspired by Titanic cuz I think Akimoto wants the KKS to abandon ship.

Posted Image

#51 Angels&Demons

Angels&Demons

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

^LOL. I don't think the kenkyuusei are the ones who will abandon ship. They're not idiots. They know a vast majority of their seniors are getting older and older and lonelier and lonelier with their generations leaving at a relatively fast pace (not to mention most of the seniors remaining are not all that popular) so they will wait out the process and then and only then will they consider leaving if they still get nowhere despite all the open spots. We'll probably see a mix of kenkyuusei and drafted members fill the open spots as in all honesty some of the kenkyuusei just don't have the star quality necessary to shine in groups as big as these. In addition to the draft I'm expecting the kenkyuusei to be put through evaluation which will ultimately lead to those who don't measure up being dismissed from their group.

No matter how human an idol is there's no excuse for a poorly delivered performance! :angry:

#52 ☆RisaReinaSayu☆

☆RisaReinaSayu☆

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1748 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

^Very true. A handful of kenkyuusei might leave in the next six months but it'll be either for health reasons or family obligations. I doubt we'll be hearing the "leaving to continue my studies full time" excuse again for a long while. In fact that excuse seems to have disappeared entirely with the majority of graduates being senior members moving on to pursue careers as individuals.

#53 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

^x5
LOL obviously .. I know Aki-P did many things in the olden days ...
but .. doing it before .. then forgetting about it ...
and later needing something else to remind you about it .. can be considered as idea taken from someone else ...

quite simply .. hype creation is not a new thing .. its goes so far back that written history can't record it ..
but .. for the recent moment .. to me its a mix of ideas ... which Aki-P notice and incorporate them all together ...

On the lighter side .. MM audition is becoming a joke ..as it has come a annual event ...
maybe he heard this joke and call for a annual event audition ... hmm .. XD

Indeed.

hmm, I think the draft is inspired by Titanic cuz I think Akimoto wants the KKS to abandon ship.
Anyway Titanic .. the captain went down with the ship...
and so is the importance of the captain's responsibility for the draft

#54 Angels&Demons

Angels&Demons

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:48 AM

^x5
LOL obviously .. I know Aki-P did many things in the olden days ...
but .. doing it before .. then forgetting about it ...
and later needing something else to remind you about it .. can be considered as idea taken from someone else ...

quite simply .. hype creation is not a new thing .. its goes so far back that written history can't record it ..
but .. for the recent moment .. to me its a mix of ideas ... which Aki-P notice and incorporate them all together ...

On the lighter side .. MM audition is becoming a joke ..as it has come a annual event ...
maybe he heard this joke and call for a annual event audition ... hmm .. XD

Indeed.

I'm sorry but what? How could a man so successful at popularizing idols forget his own formula? You hold H!P in way too high regard if you think that the recent string of Momusu auditions and the hype surrounding them has been responsible for Aki-p creating this new member recruit system.

#55 Morning Death

Morning Death

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:47 AM

^LOL. I don't think the kenkyuusei are the ones who will abandon ship. They're not idiots. They know a vast majority of their seniors are getting older and older and lonelier and lonelier with their generations leaving at a relatively fast pace (not to mention most of the seniors remaining are not all that popular) so they will wait out the process and then and only then will they consider leaving if they still get nowhere despite all the open spots. We'll probably see a mix of kenkyuusei and drafted members fill the open spots as in all honesty some of the kenkyuusei just don't have the star quality necessary to shine in groups as big as these. In addition to the draft I'm expecting the kenkyuusei to be put through evaluation which will ultimately lead to those who don't measure up being dismissed from their group.

You are free to think this won't have an effect on kenkyusei members. Hopefully it won't. But there is a fact here, a spot taken by a drafted member is a spot a kenkyuusei won't get. Whether that matters to the KKS members will be an individual situation. But definitely, if there are members who question their possibilities to get a spot within a Team in the current situation, this additional competition for Team spots is nothing else than another persuasion to desist to continue being a KKS.

1) I don't think a member who decides to stop being a KKS because they don't see a future for themselves within the 48 groups is an idiot. No member is assured some sort of success for just sticking around long enough.

2) Current members expiring dates within the groups are not fixed or something we can predict. Current members could last as long as Shinoda Mariko. You can see Satou Mieko who in spite of her age and relative lack of popularity keep sticking around within SKE. No one can rule out that current members may last a lot of time within the groups, meanwhile we have a lot of KKS members and now yearly drafted members aspiring for non-existing spots.

3) I will give this Akimoto guy a chance to make sense out of this. But this thing don't picture itself good in a long run: yearly draft + lack of opened spots* (independent to management, available by the members choice) + KKS waiting for promotions = not enough space for everyone.

*The above: unless management secretly takes members out.

Indeed.

I am not sure what you are trying to say here. I don't know how what you wrote applies to whatever I meant with my light comment above. If it is somehow an argument to what I meant with the comment above, I can't argue back as it is right now, unless you flesh the comment some more.

Posted Image

#56 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

Some news regarding the draft:

ドラフトに関して
テーマ:ブログ
先日、開催を発表したドラフト会議ですが、たくさんの方々からのご要望により、18歳以上の方の願書も受け付けさせていただくことが決まりました。
 願書提出資格
 【変更前】11歳~18歳まで(2013年8月8日(木)現在)のプロダクションに所属していない女性。
 【変更後】11歳以上(2013年8月8日(木)現在)のプロダクションに所属していない女性。」

また、先日結成しましたチーム4は、今回のドラフト会議には対象外となります。ご了承ください。

どんな即戦力候補の方と会えるのか?今から楽しみです!

そして、迷っている方へ

何かを変える為には行動あるのみです。

AKB48Gの一員としてお待ちしております!

http://ameblo.jp/aki...77873.html#main

#57 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

ok .. dunno if my google translator get it right ...

but its says Team 4 will not be part of the draft ...
So that answer my question ...

for some strange reason ...
I would think in a long run draft member may form Team 8 ..

Then you get a KKS only Team 4 and a Draft member only Team 8 and rival each other ..
which may help promote them through competition ...

LOL .. just a speculation ... but it would be interesting if it happen ...

#58 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

Wasn't the purpose of the draft to have team A,K,B to pick members from the pool of candidates? ie no team 8.

I wonder if the draft extended to SKE, NMB and HKT also?

#59 Morning Death

Morning Death

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:43 AM

6) Make more teams? Revive Team 4 and go through and fulfill the prophecy of Team 8, as the oracle foretold?

I am a freaking prophet! Kneel before my power!

Now that some KKS members have been taken out of the waiting line it may seem a little more reasonable, this whole draft thing. But we still have no Team 4 groups for SKE and NMB so those KKS may still have it tough with this new draft thing. Let us see what is done by management to prevent them from getting screwed.

But Minegishi captain? What has she done to make her earn such position? Management just keeps pissing me off. Seems like you need to get into a scandal, behave irresponsibly in order to be rewarded by management. What a freaking joke.

Posted Image

#60 BerryzCelebration!

BerryzCelebration!

♫ Berryz Erotic ♫

• Banned
  • 1701 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:59 AM

I am a freaking prophet! Kneel before my power!

Now that some KKS members have been taken out of the waiting line it may seem a little more reasonable, this whole draft thing. But we still have no Team 4 groups for SKE and NMB so those KKS may still have it tough with this new draft thing. Let us see what is done by management to prevent them from getting screwed.

But Minegishi captain? What has she done to make her earn such position? Management just keeps pissing me off. Seems like you need to get into a scandal, behave irresponsibly in order to be rewarded by management. What a freaking joke.

It's not that bad.I think it is because Minegishi is the most senior member. Shaving her head,going through a demoted position instead of just disappearing,she really proves that she loves AKB48.Sure,maybe she had a scandal.It was one mistake.People change.You are acting like she had sex with over 20 guys and made out with like 100.

Imagine one of the newer members becoming captain of T4.It would be unfair to Minegishi.Sure,it would also be unfair to them that Minegishi is captain,because they are more innocent than she is,but they could get over it. Minegishi has changed. Maybe making her captain of T4 would showcase her new maturity more. I have faith in Minegishi,and I am not exactly a fan of her. I have faith in all the captains in AKB48,really.

Top Ten Hello!Project Idols: Chii x Miya x Eripon x Maasan x Aari x Kanana x Captain x Daishi x Chisa x MaiMai

Top Ten Stage48 Idols: Nakanyan x Aanya x Takamina x Karen x Ryoochan x Haruppi x Ripopo x Jessica Vania Widjaja x Sasshi x Mayuyu

Tokunaga_Chinami_-_Golden_Chinatown_Sayo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users