hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

^

^

^

A talent show or something similar is necessary for the hype.

It is not only the new KKS that we need to be familiar with if we should care about this. Each captain will have to explain what her intentions are, her thoughts about who the new girl should be.

When we know what we, as fans, should be looking for among the auditioning girls... success :D

#22 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

Ah, should've refreshed the forum before posting on the other thread. Meh.

#23 Morning Death

Morning Death

Scavenger Of Human Sorrow

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

The captains are already meeting and discussing about what they are looking for in these candidates, such as “people that can really dance” or “people that are really good at MC”.

Allow me to suggest "members that keep the rules" and "not susceptible to meltdowns".

Gotta check that video in a couple of hours.

^

^

^

A talent show or something similar is necessary for the hype.

It is not only the new KKS that we need to be familiar with if we should care about this. Each captain will have to explain what her intentions are, her thoughts about who the new girl should be.

When we know what we, as fans, should be looking for among the auditioning girls... success :D

I like the talent show approach but how many hours would it take to hold such an event if there are a lot of KKS and each of them performs? Perhaps they have in mind that the sole expectancy of what member would enter the team will be enough to draw attention.

Could serve to give spotlight to some KKS members. Getting praised to a great extent by the captains.

But making a big event out of this makes me think there are bigger plans for this, create a bigger awareness to the public. So I wonder if the thing will be limited to KKS in specific or if applicants could come out of nowhere. I am under the suspicion this is the way they pretend to add Hirajima into an AKB team.

I think management wants to take the responsibility away from themselves of getting a member to a specific team. This whole event can turn a team entry from being an arbitrary management selection to something which is celebrated and explained in the open.

If this is held yearly, how many members they pretend a Team can hold? Or how many old members they pretend to graduate each year?

EDIT:

And if they open the gates for chicks from outside of KKS to participate, this could simplify the entry for graduated members to enter the group. Could be a chance to enter beyond the candidacy system.

Posted Image
In a World of no guarantees, you can always count on a Demise at Dawn.

#24 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

^

It is a new audition without the current KKS, as far as we know.

Make it YouTube material and it is up to you to stop before your head explodes :D

It is a quite clever move to hold this event. The girls that usually becomes KKS are far from finished as idols and each generation is pretty big. It is usually more about what they could become in the future... but now things change to a few girls that already got that special thing well developed.

Being someone like Kaoru doesn't mean instant success though

#25 Morning Death

Morning Death

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

^

It is a new audition without the current KKS, as far as we know.

Make it YouTube material and it is up to you to stop before your head explodes :D

It is a quite clever move to hold these event. The girls that usually becomes KKS are far from finished as idols and each generation is pretty big. It is usually more about what they could become in the future... but now things change to a few girls that already got that special thing well developed.

Being someone like Kaoru doesn't mean instant success though

If that's the case there's the bigger picture and possible reason to make it an event to create more awareness. Funny that you mention Kaoru, I was thinking about her as well. This event could mean a more direct and immediate entry for girls to enter the group. If somehow the uncertainty of the KKS process was a deterrent for someone, this makes the path more reasonable for that possible member. Of course, unless they go into a special KKS status. But it is not the same for a girl to enter as KKS within a bundle of members within a KKS generation than to be picked, interest exposed and laid over her, and for them to know that it is just a matter of proving themselves, than to forever wonder if anyone really has any interest on them for a promotion.

You mention Kaoru. It could have been a different fate for her if she would have been picked by a captain, instead of going through the process of earning interest from fans. Leaves compromise and responsibility out of managements hands. If management would have given Kaoru a member spot, I bet a lot of people would have complained, and call out favoritism and AKB management doing hunts for popular members. Being this new event directed towards the purpose of a member entry, everyone, specially fans, would be receptive. And a relatively popular member like Kaoru, instead of looking like an imposition, would look like war spoils in a war of captains.

Yes, in the end it is all the same, and unpopular members may feel like they are getting overshadowed by more popular members, but management maybe trying to play with perception, and a lot of fans may just dance to the rhythm of their tune by their way of playing with our perception.

I like the YouTube talent exhibition, I dare give for certain that it will happen. Goes well along the concept of turning this event into something like sousenkyo.

I would be a little disappointed if actual KKS members are not included in. I thought one captain would try to troll Kaotan by calling her name. XD

Posted Image

#26 culex

culex

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:17 AM

are All these "drafted" girls going to have their own coupling song next single? Im not sure how this can compare to election or janken events. Isn't all the next gen stuff like really niche. If its all just some big thing to try and change that and make the process more entertaining(?) its a bit of a gamble. But I guess its another reason why mariko/yui,yuko and rena were chosen as captains of teams. I wont be surprised if they are featured a lot.

#27 IdolLoverHisame

IdolLoverHisame

5th gen member

• Banned
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

^The next single comes out in October while the results for this will be announced in November so that coupling song would have to wait until the Janken single in December to happen if it ever does. This event is actually a great idea considering there are probably a slew of girls waiting for the Dome tour to be over so they can announce between September and January next year that they want to graduate to pursue their studies or whatever BS they come up with to justify leaving b/c management and Aki-p have designated them to theater girls and their agencies have done nothing to make them known properly as individuals.

#28 ☆RisaReinaSayu☆

☆RisaReinaSayu☆

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1748 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

^I too am expecting a slew of graduations between September and January and if very spaced out then all the way through to April. Aside from HKT the 48s are more than a little crowded and they need to rectify that situation.

#29 gryzze

gryzze

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1443 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

http://www.akb48.co.jp/akbdraft/

#30 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

The details regarding the draft were posted at the official AKB48 blog:

http://ameblo.jp/aki...1589552492.html

Translation by 48Scoops
http://www.48scoops.com/?p=547

• AKB48 Group Draft Details Announced

The official blog announced more details on the draft. More after the cut…

Source: Official AKB48 Blog

• Team captains will be able to choose their own members from the pool of candidates
    • if one candidate is desired by more than one team, it will be decided by lottery
    • members that join the group through the draft (different from KKS up to now) belong to specific teams as “draft members”, and will participate in lessons/theater performances
    • candidates cannot pick the group they want to join, even though they will be asked to write down the desired group on the form
    • if candidates only want to get into a specific group, they are advised to apply for group auditions
    • should a candidate reject being drafted a group they didn’t want to join, they lose the right to join any team altogether

audition process
    first evaluation (application)
    accepted between 8/12 and 9/3
    shortlisted candidates will be contacted between 9/7 and 9/13

second evaluation (interview)
    9/14-9/16

third evaluation (dance & vocal)
    9/21-9/23 in Tokyo
    final candidates will be announced on the day
    candidates are advised to show up with a guardian or a friend

video clips of final pool of candidates will be published on the web until the draft

eligibility:
    1. no need for prior experience
    2. 11-18 years old (as of 2013 8/8) and does not belong to any production agency
    (if under 15, will need a signed approval form from the guardian)
    3. must be able to attend lessons at the theater of the group that they belong

#31 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

So the way it sounds, this will be an opportunity for girls to kind of fast track their progress by being linked to a specific team as opposed to group audition girls who will have to come up through the ranks as has normally been the case?

#32 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

Yeah seems so.

And interestingly enough, I've seen a handful of negative reactions to this news from already senior members of AKB48. For example Wasamin is one I can recall.

#33 drahzaar

drahzaar

510 Bengonin

• Senpai
  • 2392 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

^Sayaka too.

If they wanted another major event to do I wish they would have chosen a sports festival...I miss those a lot.

h_obanner.jpg

#34 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

Yes! The sports festival as a concept is great. You have team vs. team, and it's all about effort, doing your best, team spirit, and all those good fluffy things everybody enjoys.

The draft system vs. regular system just ends up risking to disappoint and annoy a lot of members who already are kenkyuusei girls or are senior members.

#35 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

I can understand the frustration of members. It's kind of a neat idea, basically allowing you to get to know these girls prior to them joining a group; you really are right at the ground floor of these girls' journeys, but it just sounds like this gives them preferential advantages over the KKS we already have and the group KKS that will still be coming unless there are plans to revamp the whole KKS system.

#36 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

There are so little places left in the teams (AKB48's teams are overcrowded actually) and there's a huge pool of interesting KKS already. I don't understand why this kind of stuff is required at all. Feels like they try to squeeze in a Western concept (a la 'American Idol') rather than the slow build up of girls through the ranks like we're used to see in the 48 groups.

I can't say I'm excited about this.

signature3.png

#37 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

The concept is well-known in Japan already, through baseball, etc.

But I agree. Why is it required? Is it really required for the functionality of the groups themselves? I don't think so.

What I think it is, is another idea in order to remain interesting, and fresh. And mind you, for this they deserve a thunderous round of applause, because there are certain other idol groups whose company/management have done very little next to nothing over the years in order to reinvigorate, keep fresh, be original, and all of this. The 48 groups do not have this problem. However, at times it seems that there's a change just in order to change something. There's no need. Really.

What I miss are new stages. What I miss is more fun content on AKB48 single DVD's such as what the sister groups have, instead of painfully boring dramas. What I miss is a massive sports festival. What I miss is a lot, and there's many things I would like to see done, and things I would like to see improved. But there's also so much I love.

But this idea gets a shoulder-shrug and a big "eh" from me so far.

#38 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

...sports festival :drools:

More auditions = more opportunities to strike gold.

Two options (probably a lot more :D )... either this draft will consist of girls around the age of 17-18 or be some sort of local mini audition. I can't see Yuihan pick an 11-year old girl from Osaka and expect her to move to Tokyo, a wasted draft. So it is of no interest from management to let the small people be a part of the final picks, yeah, unless there are local interest involved.

Agency issues? AKS by default or NMB picks will be under Yoshimoto?

Max number of new girls... 10, but some captains may choose the same girls and then the picks are already wasted?

#39 Morning Death

Morning Death

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:31 AM

What could be the reason behind this event? More strictness when picking members (evaluate them rigorously) and simplifying the process of getting into Teams (for drafted members). I don't know if you guys feel the same, but sometimes I feel that in some KKS generations members are picked in waves and within them some members that may not look like idol material are getting in.

You can point out the 8th generation of KKS if you will. This mechanism may provide a way to evaluate members more rigorously based on talent, what the captains/theater managers are looking for.

But this poses a problem: what happens with the KKS members?

From Honorary Lifetime KKS member Kaotan:

"トガブロさんの
ドラフト詳細みたんですが
言葉が出ない(´;ω;`)

SKEだと
唯一空いているK2ポジに
ドラフトメンが
入るってことですよね?

え?

実質チーム入り
出来るってことですよね

え?

え?

研究生の立場………
"

This things poses itself like it will give drafted members priority over KKS members. As you may know, there is a vacant spot for Team KII. Takayanagi Captain seemed to even look forward to the addition of one of those superb SKE KKS girls to fill in the open spot in the team, scroll to 14 minutes 29 seconds:

The situation with Team KII may very well become the best example of this draft affecting the future of KKS members. Unless the spot is filled before the drafting even takes place.

The fact is that open spots for teams rarely appear, and adding this drafted members as runner ups to fill in spots will drive to question KKS members their chances to get into the group, chances that already looked pretty slim before this drafting thingy. I can almost smell the KKS withdrawals.

I wouldn't be surprised if any girl considering entering AKB would rather apply for drafting instead for an audition.

If this thing is held yearly, like I asked before, how many members management pretends the Teams will have?
Are they pretending to do some messed up thing like creating for example divisions of teams like dividing Team A into different sub-teams consisting each of different members?

Like: "I got tickets to see Team A-a, so I got screwed because Yokoyama is in Team A-b, goddammit!"

If they are going to follow through with this this thing they should:

1) Stop auditions for KKS from now on and look for ways not to screw up and shoo away current KKS.

2) Or select very few members each new KKS generation, the cream of the crop, like two or three max.

3) Captains selecting only one or two members per draft. One would be better.

4) Remodel the theater with a bigger stage for more members. lol

5) Do not hold this event yearly. Make it a thing out of necessity (which means not holding this thing this year like promised because we don't need members to fill in spots due to the caviar we already have in the KKS teams).

6) Make more teams? Revive Team 4 and go through and fulfill the prophecy of Team 8, as the oracle foretold?

I was always interested in seeing how the contract for the graduated members aspiring for sousenkyo would deal with their participation in AKB. We all know Hirajima entered senbatsu. Surprises me we haven't heard anything on how she will be part of AKB from now on, if she will. Maybe the candidacy for graduated members only gives them participation in the single. If she is not appointed for a team or KKS, I wouldn't be surprised to see her apply for drafting.
Posted Image

#40 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:10 AM

what happen to the current KKS? ehm, can they enter the draft? maybe they all should enter the draft, over saturated the pool with experience and talent.

when will the new draftee ready to join the team?

This will be 2 groups of conflicting KKS. won't it better if they make the draft of the selected KKS that deemed ready directly to the team?

>> the management always have the smartest idea around eh. Typical.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users