• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:49 AM

I saw the liveshow last night via Showroom.
I can say that TPD has big potential to make it big if they get the right backing and promotion.
Last night was the first time I saw them perform. They are very lively for their fast music just like UUG but its hard to beat UUG's energy level. Because of their liveliness their performances are interesting. Their performance also have a different approach. Its like a fusion of theatre musical with idol liveshow. UUG have some routines along this line too, Respect Tokyo and Natural Born Idol for example, but what makes TPD different is that they use props.

Would like to see more UUGxTPD collaboration. They seem to share the same DNA but are evolving along different paths. TPD also acknowledge UUG as their senpai.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#42 Ian905

Ian905

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 357 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:53 AM

Was the show recorded/uploaded somewhere I could watch it? I always miss these things LOL :(

Fan of the 48 Family, Linda III Sei, Tokyo Performance Doll, THE Possible, and Seifuku Kojo Iinkai.

My last.fm

#43 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:54 AM

^I just found someone uploaded the UUG part of the concert. I couldn't find the TPD part. I'm not sure, maybe its because of agency/management policy on sharing their material from TPD side. I say this because UUG materials are easily accesible to fans. This is because somemone from the production team ( with management consent ) uploads recorded performance onto Youtube. For example, the full performance by UUG from NicoDouga's Chokaigi Ongakusai was uploaded on the same day with DVD quality picture and sound.

Anyway, this is the UUG portion of the concert.
I checked, TPD will appear during the closing MC. I really wanted the 2 teams to do a performance together but it didn't materialize.

UUG x TPD group pic
uug-tpd-shibugeki-20140507-04_zpsfcd419f

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#44 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:12 AM

A couple of TPD's performance from the collaboration event with UUG.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#45 mikeyeung

mikeyeung

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:17 PM

Tokyo Performance Doll (東京パフォーマンスドール) Meet and Greet in Hong Kong

#46 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:52 AM

@JAM EXPO 2014 video comment from TPD

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#47 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:35 AM

Idoru Otakarakuji Party Live - TPD video message.

Idol Otakarakuji Party Live Promotional video

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#48 AncientOne

AncientOne

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:29 AM

This is english subtitle for Member introduction video from official youtube channel.

http://trollsub.tumb...er-introduction

i watched their variety show on TV every week, and it's always awesome XD

my favorite is Waki Akari. Her expression is always awesome...

#49 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:07 PM

If anyone has questions they want to ask TPD, they're going to be on an NHK World TV show and are looking for fans from overseas to participate.

http://tokyogirlsupd...0150544252.html

TPD put the MV for "DREAMIN" up on their YouTube just now.

#50 KirByN8

KirByN8

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:13 PM

New MV "DREAMIN'"

wYJ6qAT.jpg

私立恵比寿中学 / Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku

#51 AncientOne

AncientOne

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:43 AM

I don't know whether it has announced or not, but at showroom show today they said they gonna release 4th single at early 2016. Yeaayyy~~~ didn't catch the details, but yay!!!

And Akari is still as awesome as ever... XD

#52 cheeto5000

cheeto5000

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 10:54 AM

sorry, miss posted.

#53 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:43 AM

I'm just starting to listen to this group and having heard some sampling of their recently released single, it's lamentable that they don't get a lot of exposure. With only 4 singles from their release last 2013 and the latest this coming March 2016, are they under a major record label or something.

Also, the girls don't have Twitter/Ameba blogs too. If there's anything I don't know, please tell me.

Lastly, I have been reading some persistent things about Rako-chan (Iida Sakurako) being a halfie or something, some in twitter and in 2ch but little much of it to show. This had been bugging in my mind for so long, but is she?

#54 AncientOne

AncientOne

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:24 AM

yes... they need a lot more exposure... yes, they are major, Sony Music, but that's also the reason, you know what SMEJ do...

I'm really really happy when their tv show being broadcasted in local channel here, and then their 1x0 show also broadcasted, i'm really happy. it's awesome. but still they need more exposure. They already targeting overseas audience as the official channel using english from time to time.

They have official Instagram and Twitter, and LINE, the members posted a blog-like post on LINE

and about halfie, i don't know, and i don't really care XD

#55 Ian905

Ian905

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:58 PM

Hmm... I know Sarika Kidd is half-Australian but that's the first I've heard about Rako-chan being half. She doesn't really look like it to me, but I guess we won't know unless she confirms it herself!

Fan of the 48 Family, Linda III Sei, Tokyo Performance Doll, THE Possible, and Seifuku Kojo Iinkai.

My last.fm

#56 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:59 AM

^^ Just to add about Rako-chan, I kind of found out that she was previously known before as Maki Sakurako, a "junior idol."

#57 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:46 PM

I cam across this group today, they seem pretty interesting so I'm glad they already have a thread here lol 

Their newest single Gyakkou x Raisan was on the charts so I checked them out and I'm really digging this song~ 

Unfortunately for me, I can't view it in the UK lol, but someone else has uploaded it 

I don't know how long it will stay up for, but give it listen if you have time, they're really cool~!

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#58 AncientOne

AncientOne

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:25 PM

Finally they opened Twitter account for members...

@usaki_s_tpd @anyu_k_tpd @nana_t_tpd @kaho_h_tpd @sakurako_i_tpd

the other still announced on @TPD_official

#59 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:48 AM

Hmm... I know Sarika Kidd is half-Australian but that's the first I've heard about Rako-chan being half. She doesn't really look like it to me, but I guess we won't know unless she confirms it herself!

Whew, after some vague unproven curiosity a few months back, I finally can confirm with confidence that yes, Rakochan (Sakurako Iida) is indeed halfie, and half-Filipino at that.

This episode of Tokyo Performance Girls Secret Base provides the tidbit. I haven't watched the entire episode (owing to being tired and all) but it seems that they were given a task to communicate with some foreigners. One of the foreigners hailed from the Philippines and it finally opened up the topic about her being half.

While Rako doesn't openly espouse it, at least knowing it in here is enough for me. Call me shallow and all but knowing this tiny fact is important for me. I'll be watching this group more and more often from now on :D

www.dailymotion.com/video/x3c25hm_東京パフォーマンスドール-シブヤsecret-base-櫻ラコ-お出かけ編-151102_music

Anyway, if they're really serious bringing back TPD's glorious days, Sony should make great efforts promoting the group more. And by the way, the channel below provides great back episodes of Secret Base:

http://www.dailymotion.com/el31gpturbo

EDIT: Probably a stronger proof about the information mentioned above:

Ciq1EREU4AAF-w-_zpswinooeqv.jpg

Source: http://www3.nhk.or.j...world/domobics/

#60 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:48 AM

Sakurako just posted this in her twitter account. No one's posting this?! Oh well...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users