• Please log in to reply
487 replies to this topic

#41 SuperGT

SuperGT

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:35 PM

I don't want to spoil the ending of book 6 to anyone, but I've heard reports and seen videos of people ruining it for others, such as:

-a large billboard with a description of the event in question, complete with page number,
-a t-shirt with that same message, for those who want to ruin the ending but are much too lazy to come up with an idea themselves,
-or the worst, someone driving by a bookstore, lined with people (purchasing the book? Not positive), and screaming out the ending

I'm not a violent person, but I swear I would gouge someone's eyes out if they were to ruin it for me.

But on a happier note, have you seen the HP5 trailer? I downloaded the HD version... looking sweet :P I must've watched it a million times now.

#42 Etto

Etto

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:45 PM

I'm quite a big HP fan. ^^' I can't wait for the last book! Should be great.
My favourite character is Hermione. I look like her. <_<

#43 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 06:27 AM

on the news they were talking about the spoilers already. they say a charachter gets date raped. I dont think thats the right thing to put in children books

racequeen.jpg

#44 SuperGT

SuperGT

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 07:03 AM

Hahaha. It was probably Pansy Parkinson. Speaking of her, I just did a quick wikipedia search, and there's a picture of a girl who played Pansy in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban!

"Pansy was played by Genevieve Gaunt in the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban film. She is in a deleted scene from the film in which she is blowing bubbles and is found in the backround of other various scenes throughout the movie, usually with Draco" ([url="http://"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansy_Parkinson"]Wikipedia[/url]).

Explains why I've never seen her before. Apparently she'll be in HP and the Order of the Phoenix, though.

#45 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 06:11 PM

Did anyone happen to catch the revealing of the collectors' edition cover of the last book on the Today show? It had Harry, Ron, and Hermione riding on the back of a dragon. I wonder if the dragon could be Norbert.. the dragon that Hagrid hatched but eventually had to give up.

#46 SuperGT

SuperGT

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:37 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot about Norbert... that would be interesting. But yeah, I saw the cover on Mugglenet.

How about the cover for the adult British version? Looks like gringots, and there's something/someone on Harry's back.

By the way, I was wondering... does Dobby know more than he should?
Spoiler

#47 Kazearashi

Kazearashi

Wandering around Akihabara...

• Senpai
  • 2229 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:07 AM

Norbert! :wub: I'd love to hear about that dragon coming out again... Wonder what will hagrid do :o

I was wondering what is the different of the adult version and the normal one? Is it only cover difference? Or the story as well? :lol:

I'm going to preorder this book soon when I get my pay ^_^ Yay! :(

Posted Image
Visit my blog: Kazenomise

#48 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:47 PM

By the way, I was wondering... does Dobby know more than he should?

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure Dobby knows more but may not know how important the information is. And I really hope they show Kreacher... I was disappointed when they left Winky out and I really want to see the fight between Dobby and Kreacher. XD

I've pretty much suspected that R.A.B was Sirius' brother and if they have a scene with Kreacher stealing the locket that would pretty much confirm it but I don't think it would be that big a deal to release it a week before the final book seeing as how it's all coming to an end anyway.

I was wondering what is the different of the adult version and the normal one? Is it only cover difference? Or the story as well? :good:

Most likely the book is smaller and more portable so adults can easily carry it wherever they go.
I don't think they'd change the story seeing as how it's originally a kids story. But that would be kinda funny if they did. XD

#49 SuperGT

SuperGT

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:00 PM

As far as I know from reports online and such, the only difference between the adult version and the children's version is the cover. Why? Apparently adults don't want to be caught reading what looks like a children's book, but wouldn't mind being caught reading what everyone KNOWS is a children's book XD

Just kidding, HP is for all ages, but she did intend it for a younger audience...

#50 Mari // Makitty

Mari // Makitty

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:58 PM

Speaking of the book - how many of you think that Sirius will come back? *huge Sirius fan :whistle:*
BIYU-TRIPLETS
+Makitty ~ Aika's big punk sister <3
+Konkitty ~ Konkon's biggest fan
+Rikitty ~ Happy!Project leader

I love my sisters~ <333

~Zheng Yi Zhi Yan, Bi Yi Zhi Yan~

#51 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:30 PM

Speaking of the book - how many of you think that Sirius will come back? *huge Sirius fan :whistle:*

Seeing as how J.K. said herself that Sirius is dead I don't think he's coming back... although I think Dumbledore may have an appearance.

#52 SuperGT

SuperGT

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:44 AM

I wonder how much Dumbledore's portrait knows... cause if it's the image of Dumbledore
Spoiler
, then he should know a LOT of information to tell Harry. And I think Sirius' death will be important, but I think he's gone. I think that arc will be important, so Sirius will be involved somehow. I wonder where else Dumbledore's portrait will be (since the headmasters' portraits usually have more than one location). One more month!!!!!!!!!!

#53 °Chrisron

°Chrisron

岡井千聖のオタク

• Senpai
  • 3449 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:35 PM

I have just finished reading all six books again so I remember as much as possible before reading book seven, but I read them way too fast so now I have to wait almost four weeks for the book seven to be released. Can't hardly wait.

#54 SuperGT

SuperGT

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:18 AM

Anyone planning to watch the 5th movie coming out? I'm going to attend the midnight showing... I can't wait! I just saw a clip, the part where Harry finally gets to 12 Grimmauld Place, and he's talking to Hermione and Ron about being kept out of the loop. Now, I did hear a not-so-great review of the movie, particularly about the trio's acting... but the scene I just saw was REALLY good. Seriously, really good. I openly admit that the past movies have had really cheesy lines and not so great acting, but this one seems to be quite good. Can't wait to see Dumbledore vs Voldemort... I was telling my friend about it, I think it'll be quite like watching Yoda fight for the first time in Episode II (I know people were CRAZY about it... I wasn't, since I only became a die hard SW fan after movie II, but looking back I can definitely see where the excitement came from).

And the book... less than 2 weeks!!!

And finishing the book... less than 24 hours after :lol:

#55 Kazearashi

Kazearashi

• Senpai
  • 2229 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:14 PM

^definitely will watch ^^

i just hope that I still can get ticket with good seat on the premiere... XDD

I can't wait for it either! :blush:

And for the book too! :D

Posted Image

#56 Kazearashi

Kazearashi

• Senpai
  • 2229 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:52 PM

Just watched Harry Potter 5... Can't get tickets on the premiere though.. XD

and frankly speaking, I don't think it as good as the previous movie..... :D

Or probably my expectation for this movie is too high.... XD

Spoiler

Overall 7/10.... From my friend point of view (He didn't read the book) It's pretty good... But If you a fan of Harry Potter and you read the books... You'll probably know how I feel....

sigh... :whistle:

Posted Image

#57 SuperGT

SuperGT

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:10 AM

I saw the movie at the midnight premiere, and I absolutely loved it. Loved it. I want to see it again. We're gonna go see it at IMAX when my friend comes back from her trip. I'm ecstatic to see it again :lol:

And I'm also a huge fan of the books, but I still thought the movie was amazing. Why? Yes, it's different, but you have to understand, the movies have moved away from "Movie version of the book" to "Movie based on the book." The difference is this: before, Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets were almost exactly like the book, down to the dialogue; now, each movie brings about its own "take" on the books. I think if you come with the mindset that you're not about to see your book come to life, but rather a movie based on the book with its own twists and humour (with the main story still intact), you'll enjoy the movie that much more.

This is what I loved about the movie.
Spoiler

By the way, they made $12 million just in midnight showings (compared to Transformers, which made $8.8 million and Pirates of Caribbean: At World's End's $13.2 million, both of which started at 8pm instead of midnight). And they broke a record with $44.8 million in the first day. Not bad :(

8 more days... oh man XD

#58 Kazearashi

Kazearashi

• Senpai
  • 2229 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:34 PM

Hmm, Interesting... :)

It's probably just me then... :wub: Dang, it's surely not good to read the book again before you watch it... >_< I remember everything from the book and suddenly it's so different it's just made my focus on enjoying the movie gone I guess...

Well I'll think I'll watch it again.. (After the DVD version come out I guess..XDD )

Wow, I don't know it such a success... XDD

>_<

Yes I can't wait for the book!!!! :lol:

Posted Image

#59 SuperGT

SuperGT

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:38 PM

No, it's not just you <3 And I also read the book right before the movie came out (though, actually, I've been reading the Harry Potter series over and over again for a while now.. sad, I know). My friend, she also doesn't really like the movies (she hasn't seen the 5th one yet, she's the one I'm going to see the IMAX version with), and says too much is left out, etc etc.

I used to feel the same way, up until Goblet of Fire. I saw it, and I was wondering... why did they make Dumbledore so scared and angry? And why is Madam Maxime eating bugs from Hagrid's beard? And what's with the breakdancing? But then, when I watched it on DVD, that's when I realized that it's their own take on the movies, and I enjoyed the fourth one that much more. It was definitely one of my favorite movies, but now OotP is most definitely my favorite.

I was telling my (other) friend, the books are a lot better because you can imagine everything. That is, the narrator tells you everything that's going on, and you imagine it. In a book, everyone's an exceptional actor. In the movies, however, you're at the mercy of the script writer, of the director, and of the actors' abilities. And as good as Dan, Rupert and Emma (Harry, Ron, Hermione actors) are, they're not perfect. But the one thing I thought the HP5 movie did well was the writing is now accomodating the actors' abilities. There's no more (or at least less) awkwardness, like when Harry screams out "He was their friend!" in Azkaban. That was just weird :)

I saw the video online first, but then when I saw the scene in the movie it just reaffirmed my beliefs... the scene where Harry first sees Ron and Hermione at 12 Grimmauld Place, it was really well done! The actors, the dialogue, everything was really really good. Meh, I can't find the video... and I don't want to spend hours watching movie footage (which I gladly would! :D) otherwise my day will be shot.

Wow, I tend to write a lot when it comes to Harry Potter :P

#60 Kazearashi

Kazearashi

• Senpai
  • 2229 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:39 PM

WoooT! The book will come out today! Can't wait for morning and then go get my copy.. :w00t:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users